June 16, 2024, 07:37:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION- DAY 9- 5/18/11  (Read 188527 times)
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #1320 on: May 19, 2011, 12:26:08 AM »

After reading this whole thread and watching TruTv and NG I still have no idea as to what it going on with the DT.  Saying that I do wonder what private matter would involve KC unless it truly was seeing if she wanted to continue without Bozo being present in the courtroom.  I wouldn't mind the state offering a plea bargain as long as the biotch gets LWOP!  Getting enough jurors and losing some that have already been selected is concering to me.    Also, wondering about the 1 possible 2 new attorneys in the courtroom today if indeed they are attorneys. 

In regards to GA & CA trying to Trademark, Justice for Caylee, is absurd!   IMO I think they are just trying to get a rise out of KC or they are trying to get more blood money or both.

If anyone on the DT, or the Anthony's are reading here you are all blood sucking idiots and deserve everything you get!!!!  KARMA is a bitch!

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #1321 on: May 19, 2011, 12:28:43 AM »

After reading this whole thread and watching TruTv and NG I still have no idea as to what it going on with the DT.  Saying that I do wonder what private matter would involve KC unless it truly was seeing if she wanted to continue without Bozo being present in the courtroom.  I wouldn't mind the state offering a plea bargain as long as the biotch gets LWOP!  Getting enough jurors and losing some that have already been selected is concering to me.    Also, wondering about the 1 possible 2 new attorneys in the courtroom today if indeed they are attorneys. 

In regards to GA & CA trying to Trademark, Justice for Caylee, is absurd!   IMO I think they are just trying to get a rise out of KC or they are trying to get more blood money or both.

If anyone on the DT, or the Anthony's are reading here you are all blood sucking idiots and deserve everything you get!!!!  KARMA is a bitch!
Good night Monkies!!!!  See ya in the morning!

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1322 on: May 19, 2011, 12:30:37 AM »

Anyone think Jose might've left the case? 
Well, since he reportedly had a book deal contingent on that the case made it to trial ------NO! 
MAybe he got a better deal?  I was just thinking that might explain the reports of him smiling in a parking lot with other def attys and KC reportedly wiping away tears after Perry called recess.  Maybe he decided to jump ship before it went completely down.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1323 on: May 19, 2011, 12:30:59 AM »

In Sessions keeps replaying the video. JP really is pizzed, IMO. I'm thinking a plea wouldn't have that effect on JP, but an appeal would.

He's pissed because it affects his rulings & with the knowledge that time is of the essence, IMHO.

Why is time of the essence? I do not understand what the rush is. This is a high profile case. Can someone please explain why such a short time was scheduled for jury selection? And trial for that matter.

I think the points being:

They did a change of venue to summons pt jurors, which according to JP today, was in another television audience, to find unbiased jurors.  They haven't been too successful with pre trial publicity, to ensure a fair trial.

The Supreme Court suggest 50 pt jurors +3 per case.  They have had, what did JP quote today?.....150 ( plus the 49 tainted sent home, almost 200 in total, exceeding the Supreme Courts suggestion) To ensure a fair trial.

The court room in Pinellas County was borrowed and needed to be vacated by this judge one day this week.  (Special arrangements had to be made due to the delay of not having a jury impaneled)  Dragging it out and putting pressure on the judge.

The defense team tried to question the judges authority on his methods for swearing in the jury by citing case law and claiming they had a motion- the state wasn't noticed, and nothing was written for the judge.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1324 on: May 19, 2011, 12:33:05 AM »

Well, since he reportedly had a book deal contingent on that the case made it to trial ------NO! 
MAybe he got a better deal?  I was just thinking that might explain the reports of him smiling in a parking lot with other def attys and KC reportedly wiping away tears after Perry called recess.  Maybe he decided to jump ship before it went completely down.
That would probably get him disbarred.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1325 on: May 19, 2011, 12:33:11 AM »

I love how Mumbles tell the reporters to back away and get away from them at the beginning of this video.  He appears to not be having fun anymore. 

http://www.wftv.com/video/27940747/index.html
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1326 on: May 19, 2011, 12:33:39 AM »

Yowza! I'm reminded by the great Sesame Street song:  "....One of these things doesn't go together -- one of these things just doesn't belog..."  Monkey Devil!

It may be mean, but really...what did she see in him?
She thought : $$$$$

If so, I hope she thinks it was worth the trouble. I don't see how. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1327 on: May 19, 2011, 12:34:01 AM »

Night Grandma2Maddie! See you tomorrow!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1328 on: May 19, 2011, 12:37:37 AM »

Night Grandma2Maddie! See you tomorrow!

Goodnight!!

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1329 on: May 19, 2011, 12:38:50 AM »

That would probably get him disbarred.
He's done lots of things that I thought would probably get him disbarred and it hasn't happened yet.  The guy seems to be untouchable.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1330 on: May 19, 2011, 12:38:54 AM »

Yowza! I'm reminded by the great Sesame Street song:  "....One of these things doesn't go together -- one of these things just doesn't belog..."  Monkey Devil!

It may be mean, but really...what did she see in him?
She thought : $$$$$

If so, I hope she thinks it was worth the trouble. I don't see how. 

Anyone notice if he took a pad with him?  Maybe he's at the Hawaii Motel/Hotel

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1331 on: May 19, 2011, 12:39:18 AM »

And why would a private matter need to be discussed with the hoebag?
They CAN'T discuss a possible plea bargain. The judge made NO explanation. The first rumor was that Baez was "sick". Baez then said it was a "private matter" and a call to Baez's office got the reply from the receptionist: "I was told not to say anything".

Who can't disucss a possible plea bargain?  I am confused. 

The Court (or either the Prosecution or Defense). I've talked about this this afternoon .... the State HAS to agree to any plea deal. If the Court, the State, or Defense admit that a plea bargain is being negotiated -- it pretty much SEALS the case to the public that the Defendant is guilty. IF the plea bargain fails to come about, the Defendant would have already admitted guilt to the world. The defendant could never get a fair trial after that.

Wreck? Just thinking out loud here, but I was wondering if that couldn't be used as a ploy. There's so much interest and coverage in this case, that if it should get out that a plea was being pursued, could Casey simply go free in the absence of any possibility of a "fair" trial?
Go free? No way -- but it could put a "monkey wrench" in the whole case ................... could extend it for years. We are now in an age of mass media and it is pretty much impossible to find clueless jurors. This may really shake up our legal system. I REALLY hate to say it, but the Dutch system of no juries (only 3 judge panels) may be our future. 

The State has to offer a plea bargain.   The defense can beg for it but the State is not obligated to negotiate at defense's initiative unless they are inclined to.  In other words, even if Casey said, "that's it I want to plead guilty & Ill accept X number of years or LWOP" the State does not have to make the offer upon request of the defense.  IMHO, the State at this late juncture knowing the evidence before them & the defense came begging in the 11th hour it would signal that the defense is rather certain she will be convicted, the defendant knows she is guilty....no deal, cya in court.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1332 on: May 19, 2011, 12:41:46 AM »

In Sessions keeps replaying the video. JP really is pizzed, IMO. I'm thinking a plea wouldn't have that effect on JP, but an appeal would.

He's pissed because it affects his rulings & with the knowledge that time is of the essence, IMHO.

Why is time of the essence? I do not understand what the rush is. This is a high profile case. Can someone please explain why such a short time was scheduled for jury selection? And trial for that matter.

I think the points being:

They did a change of venue to summons pt jurors, which according to JP today, was in another television audience, to find unbiased jurors.  They haven't been too successful with pre trial publicity, to ensure a fair trial.

The Supreme Court suggest 50 pt jurors +3 per case.  They have had, what did JP quote today?.....150 ( plus the 49 tainted sent home, almost 200 in total, exceeding the Supreme Courts suggestion) To ensure a fair trial.

The court room in Pinellas County was borrowed and needed to be vacated by this judge one day this week.  (Special arrangements had to be made due to the delay of not having a jury impaneled)  Dragging it out and putting pressure on the judge.

The defense team tried to question the judges authority on his methods for swearing in the jury by citing case law and claiming they had a motion- the state wasn't noticed, and nothing was written for the judge.

TY Monkey King  BBM was what I was referring to

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1333 on: May 19, 2011, 12:42:12 AM »

Can any observant monkeys check out this video clip starting at about 11:27. I see Jose (basing it on the color of his jacket and his ring) coming over to talk to Casey. She seems to tell him to Go Away. Does anyone else see this?
http://www.wftv.com/video/27938803/index.html

I believe she was talking to Mason (lighter suit and rings), it appears she is saying just do it or let's do it?????   Wish we knew what was going on!!!!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1334 on: May 19, 2011, 12:42:18 AM »

The state and the defense could have been working out the details of this negoitiation all week behind the scenes for all we know.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1335 on: May 19, 2011, 12:43:36 AM »

Can any observant monkeys check out this video clip starting at about 11:27. I see Jose (basing it on the color of his jacket and his ring) coming over to talk to Casey. She seems to tell him to Go Away. Does anyone else see this?
http://www.wftv.com/video/27938803/index.html

I believe she was talking to Mason (lighter suit and rings), it appears she is saying just do it or let's do it?????   Wish we knew what was going on!!!!

She certainly was animated...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1336 on: May 19, 2011, 12:44:14 AM »

And why would a private matter need to be discussed with the hoebag?
They CAN'T discuss a possible plea bargain. The judge made NO explanation. The first rumor was that Baez was "sick". Baez then said it was a "private matter" and a call to Baez's office got the reply from the receptionist: "I was told not to say anything".

Who can't disucss a possible plea bargain?  I am confused. 

The Court (or either the Prosecution or Defense). I've talked about this this afternoon .... the State HAS to agree to any plea deal. If the Court, the State, or Defense admit that a plea bargain is being negotiated -- it pretty much SEALS the case to the public that the Defendant is guilty. IF the plea bargain fails to come about, the Defendant would have already admitted guilt to the world. The defendant could never get a fair trial after that.

Wreck? Just thinking out loud here, but I was wondering if that couldn't be used as a ploy. There's so much interest and coverage in this case, that if it should get out that a plea was being pursued, could Casey simply go free in the absence of any possibility of a "fair" trial?
Go free? No way -- but it could put a "monkey wrench" in the whole case ................... could extend it for years. We are now in an age of mass media and it is pretty much impossible to find clueless jurors. This may really shake up our legal system. I REALLY hate to say it, but the Dutch system of no juries (only 3 judge panels) may be our future. 

The State has to offer a plea bargain.   The defense can beg for it but the State is not obligated to negotiate at defense's initiative unless they are inclined to.  In other words, even if Casey said, "that's it I want to plead guilty & Ill accept X number of years or LWOP" the State does not have to make the offer upon request of the defense.  IMHO, the State at this late juncture knowing the evidence before them & the defense came begging in the 11th hour it would signal that the defense is rather certain she will be convicted, the defendant knows she is guilty....no deal, cya in court.
I agree -- but the State will probably offer a much stiffer penalty than what they would have agreed to a year/ 6 months ago. But, no the State does not HAVE to offer a plea bargain at all.  It is totally their descretion.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1337 on: May 19, 2011, 12:46:38 AM »

The state and the defense could have been working out the details of this negoitiation all week behind the scenes for all we know.

I do not believe there was any plea negotiation at all.   Also, when we began voir dire last Monday it was said that CBJP addressed Casey and asked her if she wanted to consider a plea, she declined.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1338 on: May 19, 2011, 12:49:58 AM »

Just think, once we all go to sleep and wake up, we'll all know what's up over our first cup of coffee!

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1339 on: May 19, 2011, 12:51:17 AM »

I do not believe there was any plea negotiation at all.   Also, when we began voir dire last Monday it was said that CBJP addressed Casey and asked her if she wanted to consider a plea, she declined.

That's true, but they may have gotten spooked with that last challenge in their pocket....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.