April 24, 2024, 07:38:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SAN'S PICTURES  (Read 11803 times)
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 09:15:54 AM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Wow, looks like some professional photoghers in here.

I am going to NY to visit my daughter in a couple weeks!  Looks, like I need to add some more sightseeing to my agenda!

San,  I would still love to meet up with you for lunch or something, if your feeling up to it.

I am sooo excited to see my little grandson!!!!

San, or Ang, or anybody who might be familiar with Long Island?  I have some questions about some places to stay, possibly around Fire Island.  I want to be right on the ocean when I visit!

Dihannah1 -- I spent several years of my childhood in Wantagh -- middle island. But that was many moons ago. K through 4th grade.

In the early 70's, when I was living in Bergen County, NJ -- Fire Island and the Hamptons were really fun spots to go and 'hang'. Many of my girlfriends took summer jobs as au pairs and it was always fun to visit them when they (and I) had time off. Fire Island being the more difficult one to get to -- timing of the ferry and all that jazz.

I'm sorry that I have no recent experiences to help you -- but you have the North shore, the South shore, the Fork -- Jones Beach & Long Island Sound....I'm pretty sure you will find a beach to enjoy yourself. And please come back and share Very Happy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
hubbylove
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 05:35:09 PM »

San,
Your photos are beautiful and I appreciate you posting them.  Just the other night I found some great pictures I took of the NYC skyline in October of 1990 when I saw it for the first time on a weekend trip with my dad when we relocated to PA from Arkansas.
I have not been to NYC since 9/11 Crying or Very sad and whenever I see the skyline without the WTC towers it still saddens me.  I never realized how outstanding they really were until finding the pictures I took 16 years ago and then seeing these here today.  
I spent many fun times in the city visiting friends, catching concerts, and just hanging out while I lived on the east coast during high school and college.  I hope to bring my California born and raised husband there someday on a ballpark tour...
Thanks for posting these...

Check out my SUPER cute puppies!  Go here: http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?p=71518#71518

What kind of day is today going to be?  Today is going to be a wonderful day...   Thanks for that lesson Dad!
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.