March 28, 2024, 12:22:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timmothy Pitzen 6, Missing 5/12/11, Aurora, IL - Mother deceased (suicide)  (Read 57126 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2019, 02:06:10 PM »

WOW!!!!!!!!! Totally WOW! It hit my local news in Maine. https://www.wabi.tv/content/news/Timmothy-Pitzen-Chicago-area-boy-missing-for-8-years-possibly-found-in-Cincinnati-area-508103771.html  Video

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2019, 02:07:31 PM »

APRIL 4, 2019

Aurora Illinois Police Department

Good morning Aurora Community.

We have been advised by our investigators that they plan to continue their investigation this morning, however, the details of that investigation remain confidential.

We still have no confirmation of the identity of the person located, but hope to have something later this afternoon or early this evening.

Our primary focus here is in assisting the FBI in their investigation, and provide information from our missing person case involving Timmothy Pitzen, should this prove to be him.

Unless or until his identity is confirmed, we have no official statement at this time.

As you might imagine, we are keeping the Pitzen family and everyone involved in this ongoing investigation in our thoughts, and ask you all to do the same.

We remain #AuroraStrong

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-cb-timmothy-pitzen-what-we-know20190404-story.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2019, 03:53:36 PM »

Timmothy Pitzen Case: DNA Shows Boy Found is Not Missing Kid, FBI Says
Published Apr 4, 2019 at 6:57 AM | Updated 3 minutes ago

EXCERPT
According to Newport, Kentucky police the person claiming to be Pitzen is actually 24-year-old Brian Michael Rini of Medina, Ohio. Further information on him was not immediately available.
Read more:
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/timmothy-pitzen-found-dna-test-508100901.html

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 04:10:03 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2019, 04:01:26 PM »

Sad news...

https://twitter.com/dh_ssarkauskas

Susan Sarkauskas‏ @dh_ssarkauskas · 7m7 minutes ago 

FBI: Boy found in Ohio is NOT Timmothy Pitzen
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2019, 04:09:20 PM »

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20190404/fbi-boy-found-in-ohio-is-not-timmothy-pitzen

FBI: Boy found in Ohio is NOT Timmothy Pitzen
Susan Sarkauskas
Updated
4/4/2019 4:02 PM

Hopes of finding missing Aurora boy Timmothy Pitzen were dashed again Thursday, when the FBI announced DNA evidence showed a teenager in Ohio, who claimed to be the boy, is not.

"DNA results have been returned indicating the person in question is not Timmothy Pitzen," said Tim Beam chief division counsel for the FBI's Louisville field office. "A local investigation continues into this person's true identity."

"To be clear, law enforcement has not and will not forget Timmothy, and we hope to one day reunite him with his family. Unfortunately, that day will not be today."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2019, 04:27:17 PM »

https://fox8.com/2019/04/04/fbi-teen-found-in-ohio-is-not-missing-illinois-boy-who-was-kidnapped-7-years-ago/

Kentucky police: Person who claimed he was missing Illinois boy is 23-year-old Northeast Ohio man
Posted 4:49 pm, April 4, 2019, by fox8webcentral and Associated Press, Updated at 05:20PM, April 4, 2019

The teenager told police that he was Timmothy and that he had escaped two kidnappers.

The Newport Police Department in Kentucky tells FOX 8 News the person who claimed he was Timmothy is actually Brian Michael Rini, a 23-year-old man from Medina, Ohio.

FOX 8 News is working to learn more on this

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/US/mystery-surrounds-discovery-timmothy-pitzen-disappeared-2011/story?id=62166730

FBI says that the person claiming to be missing teen Timmothy Pitzen is not him
Police say the individual was actually a 23-year-old man from Ohio.
By Meghan Keneally Apr 4, 2019 4:31 PM

On Thursday, in the wake of the DNA test results, Pitzen's maternal grandmother spoke about the devastation that their family is feeling.

"It's been awful. We've been on tinderhooks," Abramson said to reporters, adding that the family has been "alternatively hopeful and frightened."

When asked about the person who claimed to be Timmothy, Abramson said that she thinks the man "obviously had a horrible time and felt the need to say he was someone else, and hope that they can find his family."

They are not giving up hope that their real relative is found.

"My prayer has always been that when he is old enough, he would find us if we couldn't find him," Abramson said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2019, 05:58:23 PM »

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/04/03/five-things-we-know-missing-teen-who-identified-himself-timmothy-pitzen/3359020002/

What we know: DNA tests confirm the person found in Newport is not Timmothy Pitzen, is Brian Rini
Max Londberg, Sarah Brookbank and Kevin Grasha, Cincinnati Enquirer  Published 7:34 p.m. ET April 3, 2019 | Updated 6:46 p.m. ET April 4, 2019

Who is Brian Michael Rini?

He was found in the 740 block of Columbia Street in Newport on Wednesday, where he told police he was held captive for seven years by two men.

He gave Pitzen's name and date of birth to police.

Fox19 reported that the side of his face was "bad" and he looked like he'd been "jumped."

It's unclear what part of the story, if anything, is true.

Rini's name came up in a DNA database, officials said.

What is his criminal background?

2015 and 2016: Rini has been convicted twice, in 2015 and 2016, of making false alarms involving a law enforcement agency, records show. He also has convictions for passing bad checks and falsification.

2017: Rini was among four men charged in Medina County in 2017 after officials said they hosted a party and caused more than $1,000 in damage to a former model home.

According to the Medina Gazette, Rini had visited the $400,000 home as a potential buyer. Two days later, he introduced himself to neighbors and told them he had purchased the house and was hosting a party that night, the Gazette reported.

March 7, 2019: Records show Rini was released from an Ohio prison after serving more than a year for burglary and vandalism.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2019, 11:06:11 AM »

FBI: Man pretending to be missing Illinois boy has twice made similar claims

https://www.wabi.tv/content/news/FBI-Man-pretending-to-be-missing-Illinois-boy-has-twice-made-similar-claims-508165471.html

CINCINNATI (AP) — A man who authorities say claimed to be an Illinois boy who disappeared eight years ago has twice made similar claims in which he falsely portrayed himself as a juvenile sex trafficking victim, according to an FBI affidavit filed in federal court Friday.

Brian Rini of Medina, Ohio, was jailed in Cincinnati on Thursday. The FBI has identified Rini as the person who claimed to be Timmothy Pitzen, who disappeared in 2011 at age 6.

The FBI declared the man's story a hoax Thursday based on DNA testing one day after he identified himself to authorities as Pitzen.

Enough evidence exists to charge Rini with lying to federal authorities, the affidavit said. The U.S. attorney's office in Cincinnati scheduled a Friday news conference on the case. No attorney was listed for Rini in court documents Friday.

Rini was found Wednesday in Newport, Kentucky, "wandering the street and looking confused and in need of assistance," according to the six-page affidavit from FBI agent Mary Braun.

After identifying himself as Pitzen, Rini complained of abdominal pain and was taken to the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Emergency Room, the affidavit said. Rini refused to be fingerprinted Wednesday and Thursday but agreed to a DNA test which on Thursday identified him as Rini, according to Braun.

Even after Rini was advised of his rights and warned against making false statements, he continued to insist he was Pitzen and that he had escaped from a hotel where he'd been forced to have sex with men against his will, the affidavit said.

Rini finally acknowledged his identity after being confronted with the DNA results, said he had watched a story about Pitzen on ABC's 20/20 news program, and had wanted to get away from his family, according to Braun.

An FBI investigation found that Rini had twice portrayed himself as a juvenile sex trafficking victim, and in each case was later identified after being fingerprinted, the affidavit said. SNIP

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2019, 12:46:42 PM »

KYRON HORMAN'S MOTHER - APRIL 4, 2019

Desiree Davidson Young

Every time there's a story, a report, a tip that one of our missing might be returned home safe, it gets our hopes up, all of us, parents of missing children, our hopes soar even if it isn't our child. We are a group of our own kind of family, a network of fighters, a group of co-supporters, of each other.

If you know a parent of a missing child today, please hug them. You see....most of us are barely getting by, day to day, and then our hopes go up in the hope that one of us will get to come home. And sometimes our hopes are dashed. We go about the rest of the day in tears, we don't know why except for the family who's hopes were also dashed. It's a constant roller coaster, everyday we hope for that phone call, we hope for that one thing above all else, to bring our child home, to bring all of our missing children home.

So please hug them, if for other reason than to say, I am sorry that your happy ever after hasn't happened yet. I am sorry it isn't your day yet, but I support you in this moment because I know it's hard. It's hard for everyone out there supporting our missing children. My heart goes out to the Pitzen family, I am so sorry that today isn't that day for you, I am so sorry for the pain that you are feeling now and everyday.

https://www.facebook.com/desiree.davidsonyoung/posts/2243216155700036

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 12:48:30 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2019, 01:19:55 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/brian-michael-rini-who-claimed-be-timmothy-pitzen-has-criminal-n991256

Brian Michael Rini, who claimed to be Timmothy Pitzen, charged with making false statement
April 5, 2019, 7:28 AM CDT / Updated April 5, 2019, 10:58 AM CDT
By Elisha Fieldstadt

The man who surfaced in Kentucky claiming to be Timmothy Pitzen, a boy who went missing at the age of 6 in 2011, was charged Friday with making false statements to a federal agent, according to the FBI.

Rini also told investigators that "he wished he had a father like Timmothy's," the U.S. attorney's statement said.

"False reports like this can be painful to the families of missing children and also divert law enforcement resources in order to investigate these untruthful claims," Herb Stapleton, the acting special agent in charge for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Cincinnati, said in a statement.

"Law enforcement takes false reports very seriously, and we caution that people making false claims can and will face criminal penalties," the statement said.

Rini, 23, appeared in federal court Friday, and is being held without bond, Glassman said. He is expected to appear at a detention hearing Tuesday.

Rini could spend eight years in federal prison if convicted, the U.S. attorney said.

His estranged brother, Jonathan Rini, told NBC Chicago that the 23-year-old had stopped getting treatment for numerous mental health issues. "I'd tell the family that I’m sorry for what he’s done, but for him, I wouldn’t even speak to him," Jonathan Rini said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2019, 05:42:02 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/08/us/timmothy-pitzen-case/index.html

Timmothy Pitzen's dad hopes news about his missing son creates new leads in the case
By Joe Sterling, CNN
Updated 8:23 AM ET, Mon April 8, 2019

CNN) — Reports that missing boy Timmothy Pitzen had turned up nearly eight years after he disappeared proved to be a cruel hoax.

But James Pitzen, the boy's father, says a week's fresh coverage of the mystery surrounding his son's 2011 disappearance could turn out to have a silver lining.

"Exposure helps get his face back out there," he told NBC News in an interview aired this weekend. "Get a description of what he may look like at this time out."

The father said he believes his son, who would be around 14, is probably around 145 or 150 pounds and between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet 3 inches tall.

"I lost my whole family that day,' James Pitzen said.

Timmothy's aunt Kara Jacobs said the news of the hoax was "like reliving that day all over again" and she said Timmothy's father is devastated once again."

But the father told NBC he won't lose hope.

"As soon as you give up hope, then what should I do declare him dead? I'm not going to do that."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2019, 05:48:14 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-missing-aurora-boy-timmothy-pitzen-false-claim-20190409-story.html

Ohio man who said he was missing Aurora boy Timmothy Pitzen to remain held without bond, judge rules
Dan Sewell
Associated Press
April 9, 2019, 1:50 PM |CINCINNATI

A U.S. magistrate ordered an Ohio man to remain jailed without bond Tuesday on a charge that he lied to federal agents about being a missing boy from Aurora.

Authorities charged Brian Michael Rini, 23, of Medina, Ohio, on Friday, a day after DNA testing proved he was not Timmothy Pitzen, who disappeared in 2011 at age 6.

“I believe Mr. Rini poses a risk of flight,” Magistrate Judge Karen Litkovitz said during a brief hearing in which Rini stood before her in a uniform from the jail with his wrists and ankles shackled.

She cited his lack of a permanent address, past mental health issues and “a lengthy criminal history” that goes back to age 13. She also noted that he had just been released on probation last month from state prison after serving more than a year on burglary and vandalism charges.

Federal authorities said he also has twice before portrayed himself to be a juvenile sex trafficking victim, as he did in this case,

Litkovitz scheduled an April 19 preliminary hearing for Rini, who was represented by a federal public defender. He could face up to eight years in prison if convicted of making false statements to federal agents.

He is being held at the Butler County Jail, north of Cincinnati.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2019, 02:30:40 PM »

https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2019/04/18/brian-rini-missing-child-timmothy-pitzen
More charges for man accused of claiming to be missing child
April 19, 2019

CINCINNATI (AP) — An Ohio man accused of claiming to be a missing child from Illinois is facing new charges.

A federal grand jury has indicted 23-year-old Brian Michael Rini of Medina, Ohio, on two counts of lying to federal agents and one count of aggravated identity theft.

He had been arrested earlier on a single false statement count after DNA testing proved he wasn’t Timmothy Pitzen, who disappeared in 2011 at age 6.

Rini is being held without bond. Arraignment is scheduled Friday. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2019, 08:50:38 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/us/timmothy-pitzen-investigation-plea/index.html

Man who claimed to be Timmothy Pitzen pleads not guilty to federal charges
By Steve Almasy, CNN
Updated 5:51 PM ET, Fri April 19, 2019

(CNN) — The Ohio man who allegedly claimed to be Timmothy Pitzen, a boy who disappeared in 2011, pleaded not guilty Friday to federal charges of making false statements to federal agents.

Brian Michael Rini, 23, of Medina appeared in federal court, where he entered his pleas. He faces up to eight years in prison if convicted.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2019, 09:24:16 PM »

http://www.chroniclet.com/state-news/2019/04/22/Trial-date-set-for-man-in-missing-child-hoax.html

Trial date set for Medina man in missing child hoax
Associated Press
Published on  April 22, 2019 | Updated 3:18 p. m

CINCINNATI — A federal judge has set a June 24 trial date for the 23-year-old man charged with impersonating a long-missing child.

U.S. District Judge Michael Barrett in Cincinnati scheduled pretrial conferences May 14 and June 13 in the case of Brian Michael Rini of Medina.

Rini pleaded not guilty Friday to two counts of lying to federal agents and one of aggravated identity theft. The false statements charges carry possible sentences of up to eight years in prison and the ID theft would mean at least two years with conviction. Rini is being held without bond.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2019, 01:15:47 PM »

https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/missing-child-hoax-suspect-to-be-evaluated-for-competency-to-stand-trial

Missing child hoax suspect to be evaluated for competency to stand trial
Posted: 3:28 PM, May 20, 2019
Updated: 2:28 PM, May 20, 2019

CINCINNATI — The man accused of impersonating a missing child is being sent to an institution for evaluation.

Brian Rini, 23, will be institutionalized for "some time" to determine whether he is competent to stand trial, officials said during a brief court hearing Monday.

A trial was scheduled to start June 24;  it wasn't immediately clear whether that would be delayed after Monday's hearing.

Authorities have asked anyone with genuine information about Timmothy Pitzen's whereabouts to call Aurora police at 630-256-5000 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2019, 08:28:39 PM »

https://wgntv.com/2019/06/13/hearing-set-for-man-charged-with-claiming-to-be-missing-aurora-boy-timmothy-pitzen/

Hearing off for man charged with posing as missing child
Posted 7:29 AM, June 13, 2019, by Associated Press, Updated at 12:07PM, June 13, 2019

CINCINNATI — A pretrial hearing has been canceled for the 24-year-old man charged with impersonating a long-missing child.

A court notice was posted Thursday morning, a few hours ahead of what had been scheduled as the final pretrial hearing for Brian Michael Rini of Medina, Ohio.

U.S. District Judge Michael Barrett on May 20 granted a sealed motion filed by Rini’s attorney. Barrett had earlier set a June 24 trial date, but that appears likely to be postponed.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2019, 05:19:03 PM »

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/06/24/brian-rini-case-on-hold-missing-child-timmothy-pitzen/1545764001/

Case on hold for man charged with posing as missing child
Associated Press  Published 10:37 a.m. ET June 24, 2019

CINCINNATI (AP) – The case of a 24-year-old Ohio man charged with impersonating a long-missing child is on hold in federal court.

U.S. District Judge Michael Barrett on May 20 granted a sealed motion filed by Brian Michael Rini's attorney and canceled what had been scheduled as a final pretrial hearing before a June 24 trial date. Court records Monday didn't show any new dates

Rini has pleaded not guilty to two counts of lying to federal agents and one of aggravated identity theft.

Federal prison records indicate he's being held in Oklahoma City.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2019, 07:05:17 PM »

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/10/31/brian-rini-man-who-claimed-timmothy-pitzen-competent-stand-trial/4116091002/

Man who claimed to be Timmothy Pitzen found competent to stand trial
Fox19 Published 6:11 p.m. ET Oct. 31, 2019

CINCINNATI (FOX19) – An Ohio man accused of impersonating Timmothy Pitzen, the Illinois boy who went missing in 2011 at age 6, was found competent to stand trial.

Man who claimed to be Timmothy Pitzen found competent to stand trial

A DNA test determined that 23-year-old Brian Rini was not Pitzen.

Pitzen was reported missing in 2011 right around the time his mother committed suicide in an Illinois hotel.

U.S. Attorney Benjamin Glassman said Rini faces up to eight years in prison if convicted of making false statements to a federal agent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.