April 24, 2024, 06:23:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carbon Footprint?  (Read 4431 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« on: March 25, 2007, 02:44:35 AM »

Seems Uncle Al has made a big deal out of carbon use by folks is a major cause of 'global  warming' and the end of civilization as we know it.

Uncle Al excuses his own fairly large carbon footprint for the energy use of all his major residences and travels by saying he buys 'carbon credits' to offset his extremely large carbon footprint, that being somewhat equal to several thousand normal folks.

So Uncle Al and his 'limosine liberal' friends warn that those thousands of folks need to reduce their individual carbon use in order to 'save the planet' while the rich folks can just buy 'carbon credits'.

Seems that if 'carbon credits' can be bought, wouldn't it be better/fairer to use them by spreading them among all the thousands of folks who use energy?

Seems the Liberals/Dems want to tax the 'rich' incomes and give to the poor, why not do the same with 'carbon credits' and tax the 'rich carbon users' for their useage and give the 'credits' to the poor in order to 'save the planet'?

If the 'limosine liberals' were all that concerned about 'global warming' theyed lead by example, kinda like Mahatma Ghandi and out non-carbon use the rest of us. Maybe if they were good examples other's might follow.

But then again, how does individual carbon/energy savings add up to any good when the planet is contiually creating additional carbon/energy users?
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 11:16:20 AM »

I find it really interesting about big Al too, for many say Meryl Streep is the reigning top actress in this generation, yet she drives a Toyota Prius?

Al sure seemed to enjoy those Oscars and being up on that stage, didn't he?  Wink

I continue to stand with the girl.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:59:44 PM »

Exactly None and Car.... isn't it interesting?

Did anyone else read Micheal Regan's editoral regarding Al's protest of using energy in Africa and how many Africans die due to lack of electricity?  It's in the neighborhood of 1 million Africans... very interesting stuff...

Al believes in population control... scary stuff IMO

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 11:10:47 PM »

Ah, actually, I believe that population control is the only solution to any energy/global warming/diminishing resources problem.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 11:14:31 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Ah, actually, I believe that population control is the only solution to any energy/global warming/diminishing resources problem.

Car, you scare me..LOL...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 11:25:46 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

Car, you scare me..LOL...

I seem to scare most folks I meet in real life.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 12:39:43 AM »

Car,

Can you explain carbon footprints please? I have no clue. I drive a 2002 Honda Accord.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 12:51:20 AM »

Top 3 responses from Google of 'carbon footprint'.

http://www.carbonfootprint.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_footprint

http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/carboncalculator/
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 09:57:30 AM »

Actually I remember kinder attempts at pop control in Africa back from the 70's, when birth control pills were distributed on a necklace with beads to help them count when to take the bead with the pill in it? It failed so now I guess big Al and others have become more brutal?

Like you Mrs, it makes me very uncomfortable particularly if one believes as I do, in the right to life. These are very difficult dilemmas we face morally.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 09:06:31 PM »

I think the opposite of Carnut on population.  We are going to become extinct and replaced by far more fertile races and/or ethnic groups of people even in our own countries.

2050 will give us Eurabia for sure if not the 2015 they claim.  We were stupid to ever buy the population time bomb nonsense.  If it had been true, we would have already starved to death.

Instead we improved our agricultural system so 3% could easily provide food for the rest of us.  Now the globalists want to mess up the only ag system that actually worked and outsource our food supply.

I guess when all the infidels are removed from the face of the earth, that will reduce the population tremendously.  The Japanese have finally figured it out and are encouraging people to have more children.  Others will follow but I think it is too late.

Too much manipulation of the natural course of events have already taken place.  We have aborted much of what should have been our next generation so don't be shocked when others come here to take their place.  Birth control does not work unless all are practicing it equally for those who do will always be outnumbered by those who are not.   It's a form of slow suicide of a race or nation of people.

Watch Europe for our future in this regard.  Not pretty.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 05:22:47 AM »

Anna,

You always raise the bar for thought process, such good points and thank you for the insights.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 09:43:54 AM »

Humm, I would think that with stricter immigration policy and border control,
proper 'purity' of population could be maintained without having to resort to promoting increasing population measures.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 10:25:48 AM »

this will sound harsh but it's rather that it's part of the reality here as well, the hispanic vote is too important to some to damage it with tougher immigration efforts....just ask Arnold.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 01:43:14 PM »

Humm, I would think that with stricter immigration policy and border control,
proper 'purity' of population could be maintained without having to resort to promoting increasing population measures.

Sort of like they have in Europe?  Not working out too well for them and I don't think the majority of their immigrants are illegal.  They have pretty good border controls, etc.  

If a population ceases to reproduce, it creates a void or vacuum that will be filled by other populations one way or another.  

I do think there might be a saturation point for population globally but there is only one way to be the majority, reproduce.  I just don't think we have come close on that one because technology keeps raising the bar on how many the planet can comfortably sustain.  And there is no substitute for being in the majority.  It rules or so they tell me.  It can also control in other ways such as voting itself lots of things that a minority can't.

If push comes to shove, a minority can always just be over run as has happened a few times in history, India for example, removing British rule.  The majority exerted itself.  I can't think of many instances where a minority population was able to indefinitely retain control of much of anything.  Most economies only work if there is an element of growth which usually reflects population expansion of some sort.  

We have been trained (brainwashed) that population is a problem and must be stopped.  How's that working out for US, not just the EU?  Not too well, I'm afraid.

Just try turning it around and thinking about it from the opposite perspective and see what you think.  I may well be wrong but that's how I see it.  Most of the things we learned in the 70's have turned out to be pure BS like Silent Spring and why we just had to eliminated DDT.  Millions died of malaria and the birds did just fine, the opposite of what we were assured would happen.

Just like Global Warming, I think the population explosion is a myth and unfounded in fact.  Population tends to control and adjust itself without artificial interference.  We have aborted those who would pay our Social Security.  Guess we showed them, huh?   Rolling Eyes

Same for our natural leaders who should be coming along about now but aren't.  Talk about the Dumbing Down of America!  What can we expect when we eliminate natural selection and all that?  Nature truly does abhor a vacuum and through birth control and abortion, we have created one.  It will be filled with others who did not do so, mostly from the Third World.  Or the Seventh Century.

JMO!  I could be wrong but don't see much to support that.  I surely don't see reason to intensify the problem, either.  Others well might.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 08:27:27 PM »

Population/Urbanization does seem to have it's affect on local climes,

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN2832623520070328?feedType=RSS
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 11:31:31 PM »

I'd have to say California is an extreme example as most places are not nearly that densely populated.  There is nothing that says people have to live only in urban areas like that.  That is a choice they make.

For that matter, they don't all have to live in California.  Maybe some should go to South Dakota where they would certainly welcome a two degree temperature increase.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.