April 19, 2024, 08:07:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May 25 - National Missing Children's Day  (Read 4232 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: May 20, 2011, 01:27:24 PM »

May 25, 2011 will mark the 28th National Missing Children's Day. First proclaimed by President Ronald Reagan and observed by every administration since, May 25th is the anniversary of the day in 1979 when 6-year-old Etan Patz disappeared from a New York street corner on his way to school.

His story captivated the nation. His photo, taken by his father, a professional photographer, was circulated nationwide and appeared in media across the nation and around the world. Etan became the poster-child for a movement. The powerful image came to symbolize the anguish and trauma of thousands of searching families.

For nearly three decades, the search for Etan has continued. Just as that day when President Reagan proclaimed the first National Missing Children's Day, Etan is still missing. The widespread attention brought to his case and those of others eventually led to a nationwide commitment to help locate and recover missing children.

National Missing Children's Day honors this commitment by reminding parents, guardians, and other trusted-adult role models to make child safety a priority.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

Take 25 minutes to talk to your children about safety.
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's national campaign encourages parents, guardians, and other trusted-adult role models to spend time talking to kids and teaching them ways to be safer.
Donate to support the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's programs and services.
Add a banner or link to www.missingkids.com.

Opt to receive posters of missing children via e-mail.

Search and view posters from our database of missing children.

Use your NetSmartz!
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's award-winning, interactive, educational safety program that teaches children how to be safer on- and offline.

Promote National Missing Children's Day

Media may browse promotional suggestions for National Missing Children's Day or call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's Media Line at 703-837-6111 for additional ideas.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=1992

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 10:56:40 AM »

Search continues for six missing Maine children on National Missing Children’s Day

By Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN Staff

Posted May 25, 2012, at 7:16 p.m.
 ::snipping2::

“The pain of losing a child never dulls,” U.S. Attorney Thomas E. Delahanty II said Friday in Portland as he and other law enforcement officials marked National Missing Children’s Day. “For those thousands of families missing children today, like Etan Patz, whose case lingered unsolved for … years, we don’t give up.”

In 1983 President Ronald Reagan declared May 25 — the day Etan Patz vanished four years earlier — as National Missing Children’s Day, and the following year Congress passed the Missing Children’s Assistance Act, creating the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

Toddler Alya Reynolds, who was 20 months old when she was reported missing on Dec. 17 from her father’s Waterville home, is one case that police continue to actively investigate, but she is not the only missing child in Maine.

“In Maine, there are currently six unsolved missing children cases dating back 40 years,” Delahanty said. “They are not all infants or toddlers.”

In addition to the Ayla Reynolds case, Douglas Charles Chapman, then 3, of Alfred was reported missing June 2, 1971; Cathy Marie Moulton, 16, of Portland was reported missing Sept. 24, 1971; Kurt Ronald Newton, 4, of Manchester was reported missing Sept. 1, 1975; Bernard Ross, 18, of Ashland was reported missing May 12, 1977; and Kimberly Ann Moreau, 17, of Jay was reported missing May 11, 1986.
 ::snipping2::  details and photos
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/05/25/news/state/search-continues-for-six-missing-maine-children-on-national-missing-childrens-day/?ref=regionstate

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 03:56:54 PM »

RE: Kimberly Ann Moreau, 17, of Jay, Maine --- Police use radar gear in decades-old missing person case
 Posted: Wed 2:49 PM, Jun 05, 2019
LIVERMORE, Maine (AP) - State police in Maine say they've used radar equipment to search for a missing person who was last seen 33 years ago.
VIDEO!
The ground-penetrating radar equipment was used Tuesday on Route 4 as part of a search for evidence to help find Kimberly Moreau.

Moreau was 17-years-old when she was last seen on the night of May 10, 1986, in Jay.

A spokesman for the Maine Department of Public Safety says the radar equipment can spot abnormalities in the ground.

The Sun Journal reports data collected in the effort will be analyzed and police will determine whether to go back.

Moreau's father, Richard Moreau, said the site that was searched is rumored to be where his daughter was buried.

He says he remains committed to finding his daughter.
https://www.wabi.tv/content/news/Police-use-radar-gear-in-decades-old-missing-person-case-510871641.html
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 03:59:40 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.