April 26, 2024, 01:05:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - MURDER TRIAL - DAY 1 - 5/24/2011  (Read 500261 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2940 on: May 24, 2011, 10:32:35 PM »

The Hinky Meter'e Magpie has her courtroom blog posted...

I enjoy her writing style and her filling readers in on the little things we can't see on tv and on our PC monitors.

Here's the link...
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/05/24/caylee-anthony-case-magpie-reports-on-trial-052411/#more-6915

Oh, that was good!

Thanks, Samarie.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2941 on: May 24, 2011, 10:32:56 PM »

I realize that George can be recalled as a witness, but this was the seminal moment for Baez to hammer George on the "history of abuse" he so loudly proclaimed during opening statements. He FAILED miserably. George was not rattled at all. The very last thing the Defense wanted was for George to refute their whole case as the first witness. They wanted that last!! I think Blink pointed out this is why the Defense wanted to "change the witness order" in pre-trial hearings. Major screw up by the Defense! FAIL!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2942 on: May 24, 2011, 10:33:21 PM »

red
is there a way to listen to the show after the fact. I missed it?
TIA

Loca
- there will be a podcast up sometime tomorrow you can listen to the podcast or you can even download it to your PC if you want it.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #2943 on: May 24, 2011, 10:36:18 PM »

What I do not get is a few things. 

I thought there was not allowed to be trial by ambush.  I know the state has the burden, but is it allowed for the duffense to come out and say whatever they feel like?  Don't they have to present evicence of such things before trial?  I know it was hinted at for months now, but to scream how she had her father's penis in her mouth? 

Secondly, Okay I get he is saying this was an accident (I do not believe it).  What I do not get is why you would let your client rot in jail for 3 years if it was an accident while we waited for trial to get her side out?  Ineffective counsel if I ever saw it.

Also, did we ever learn how Caylee got from the pool accident to the swamp?  I know there was a suggestion that somehow Roy Kronk stole the body (rolling my eyes up), but where did he get Caylee from, who put the duct tape on her, was she in the car in the trunk (we know she was, but what is he saying)? 

Somehow too, George went on to work that afternoon after pulling his granddaughter out of the pool dead?  Somehow hawkeye Sindy was not let in on this little secret?  So, George knew all this while he was on all the news reports talking about the Nanny and his camp keeping an eye on the babysitter in the following weeks/months?  George went to Grand Jury knowing he pulled his grandaughter out of the pool dead and lied to them to get an indictment against his daughter? 

I could not make this stuff up.  My head is spinning.  Hubby came home and I just told him the basics, he said, I don't want to hear any more.  What a crock of cow dung.

So, when KC got her Bella Vita tatoo, she did that because whe was in denial?  All the lying to her friends about Caylee being with the babysitter was her in denial? 

I sure hope this jury has brains in their heads.  Could anybody really believe them?

Then, on Cross of George, he does not mention the abuse/sexual molestation at all? 

Are they allowed to lie like this?  Why does the judge allow it?  Why doesn't he say George is not on trial here?

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2944 on: May 24, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »

My mother was born was born in 1907 in Indiana. The farm is still an active farm in her family name. Her parents made sure her brother had his way helped through law school. Mom wanted to go and worked her way through law school. She told me many times she was embarrassed in school for not having "good" clothes. Well she graduated from law school and then went to Teacher's college and made her 40+ years as a teacher in the 4/5th grades. I asked her once why she didn't want to be an attorney after working so hard for it. Her answer was that she couldn't represent someone whom she knew was guilty.

Today missed her very much. She'd be on Caylee's side just like the Monkey Family here and be with me watching the trial. She would call the defense today a spaghetti defense; whatever SXXt hits and sticks to the wall.

My name here is after her nickname and dedicated to her for these 6 years.. God Bless you all.

an angelic monkey

mgo!!!  SOOOOOO good to see you!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2945 on: May 24, 2011, 10:39:27 PM »

I realize that George can be recalled as a witness, but this was the seminal moment for Baez to hammer George on the "history of abuse" he so loudly proclaimed during opening statements. He FAILED miserably. George was not rattled at all. The very last thing the Defense wanted was for George to refute their whole case as the first witness. They wanted that last!! I think Blink pointed out this is why the Defense wanted to "change the witness order" in pre-trial hearings. Major screw up by the Defense! FAIL!!!

Yep 
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #2946 on: May 24, 2011, 10:42:40 PM »

OK, end of the day... MY favorite quote:

Baez: Can I approach the bench?
JBP: No!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2947 on: May 24, 2011, 10:43:49 PM »

OMG! that was my favorite quote of the day as well... I am guessing we will hear more of this before it is all over...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2948 on: May 24, 2011, 10:44:07 PM »

Priceless!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2949 on: May 24, 2011, 10:46:31 PM »

I agree with Red saying on the show that Baez is way over his head and that it is going to become obvious during the trial. What Baez doesn't realize is that he has been "babied" along and pandered to by the judge in all pretrial hearings because there was no jury present. JP always said he was giving leeway because there was no jury to taint or impress.
Well now class is over. This is the big leagues and he's not ready.

Also, what defense attorney understand, except Baez, is that there are levels of victories for your client. I never thought from day one that Casey would ever be found "not guilty". Baez's job is to keep a needle out of her arm and maybe get life with the opportunity of parole.

It is inconceivable to me how a plea deal was never taken. After 3 years all they got is Casey was molested and that George was in on the accidental death. Who honestly believes that an LE who has witnessed accidental deaths would ever escalate it to first degree murder?

I shake my head that after day one Casey did not just admit negligent homicide and get a 5-7 year suspended sentence. She never would have served time. The horror of losing your baby was more of a punishment than any amount of years in prison.

So the answer is why? Why no pleas deal ... why no discussion of Caylee was dead?

ENTER the aspect of this case that is similar to Natalee Holloway. Casey could never produce a dead Caylee because obviously there were markers that would have indicated ... IT WAS NO ACCIDENT.Today Baez made an accusation of George Anthony that he molested Casey. Now, Casey almost certainly must take the witness stand, otherwise it becomes a he said ... no body says story. That being said, I cannot imagine Casey taking the stand. That VIDEO will go viral in minutes.

What Casey did never passed the smell test and was not natural.

The above bolded part is of key importance! It is why this is a murder trial and not a case of negligence. Casey lucked out when Caylee's body was discovered only after it had already skeletonized and all evidence a body may have given up was lost.
I think the defense might try to rely on Casey's boyfriends' testimony to try to prove the molestation part of their argument, but I can't for the life of me think how they are going to float the accidental drowning theory without Casey's own testimony.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2950 on: May 24, 2011, 10:48:01 PM »

Priceless!!   

YES, that was after numerous rejections 
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2951 on: May 24, 2011, 10:48:43 PM »

I agree with Red saying on the show that Baez is way over his head and that it is going to become obvious during the trial. What Baez doesn't realize is that he has been "babied" along and pandered to by the judge in all pretrial hearings because there was no jury present. JP always said he was giving leeway because there was no jury to taint or impress.
Well now class is over. This is the big leagues and he's not ready.

Also, what defense attorney understand, except Baez, is that there are levels of victories for your client. I never thought from day one that Casey would ever be found "not guilty". Baez's job is to keep a needle out of her arm and maybe get life with the opportunity of parole.

It is inconceivable to me how a plea deal was never taken. After 3 years all they got is Casey was molested and that George was in on the accidental death. Who honestly believes that an LE who has witnessed accidental deaths would ever escalate it to first degree murder?

I shake my head that after day one Casey did not just admit negligent homicide and get a 5-7 year suspended sentence. She never would have served time. The horror of losing your baby was more of a punishment than any amount of years in prison.

So the answer is why? Why no pleas deal ... why no discussion of Caylee was dead?

ENTER the aspect of this case that is similar to Natalee Holloway. Casey could never produce a dead Caylee because obviously there were markers that would have indicated ... IT WAS NO ACCIDENT.Today Baez made an accusation of George Anthony that he molested Casey. Now, Casey almost certainly must take the witness stand, otherwise it becomes a he said ... no body says story. That being said, I cannot imagine Casey taking the stand. That VIDEO will go viral in minutes.

What Casey did never passed the smell test and was not natural.

The above bolded part is of key importance! It is why this is a murder trial and not a case of negligence. Casey lucked out when Caylee's body was discovered only after it had already skeletonized and all evidence a body may have given up was lost.
I think the defense might try to rely on Casey's boyfriends' testimony to try to prove the molestation part of their argument, but I can't for the life of me think how they are going to float the accidental drowning theory without Casey's own testimony.

Scatty... I was thinking the same thing about the bf's testimony....BUT ...that to me is just another one of Casey's lies...just as the whole accidental drowning and all the rest of her bullchit!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2952 on: May 24, 2011, 10:49:17 PM »

I kept proclaiming during jury selection that I thought a plea deal was coming. My theory being that the Defense was fishing for a "miracle jury" and wanted to see what they had before proceeding. I was dumbfounded as to why they would not take ANY deal to keep her from the needle. I found that in Florida that a defendant can plea out at ANY time (even DURING the trial). At this pace, they might want to re-evaluate where they are -- she very well could get death. They have done her NO favors today.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2953 on: May 24, 2011, 10:50:39 PM »

I kept proclaiming during jury selection that I thought a plea deal was coming. My theory being that the Defense was fishing for a "miracle jury" and wanted to see what they had before proceeding. I was dumbfounded as to why they would not take ANY deal to keep her from the needle. I found that in Florida that a defendant can plea out at ANY time (even DURING the trial). At this pace, they might want to re-evaluate where they are -- she very well could get death. They have done her NO favors today.

Baez is amazingly stupid
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2954 on: May 24, 2011, 10:50:42 PM »

Agreed...and she probably thinks she is sitting pretty....she is a bit delusional ya know...

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Praying4Angels
Scared Monkey

~~Justice is coming Caylee!!~~

« Reply #2955 on: May 24, 2011, 10:51:12 PM »

What a day in court...def some yowser moments...

While I understand Bozo's need to TRY to cast aspersions on everyone but his client...to create that place where reasonable doubt lives according to him...a lot of it just was so choppy and ill stated it was pathetic..and downright obscene...

The part that bothered me most was Kronk I think...the way he tries to paint this body hoarding meter reader scenario....has he forgotten all the DAYS they spent picking up bones and sifting thru sludge...dirt...vegetation to attempt to get as much of poor Caylee's remains as possible...HOW if Kronk had the remains and just placed them there was all this scattering and growth WITHIN the remains and blanket/bags accomplished if they were not there for an extended period of time as LE has stated...Are they proposing he just hopped around scattering her remains all over and purposefully made it "look" like plants etc had grown into all that was found? Its disturbing...

I am in no way saying Kronk is angelic in all this...if he was having financial hardships he may have seen this as his lucky lotto ticket...but not the way Bozo portrays in and not in the manner he tries to spin it...

And I am still not buying it was an accident...so he better have some better tales to tell in the coming weeks...jmo...

~~Thanking God our sweet Caylee is home and lighting a candle to show her our love~~
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #2956 on: May 24, 2011, 10:53:26 PM »

ITA   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2957 on: May 24, 2011, 10:54:31 PM »

I was thinking why would Kronk keep Caylee's body and then place her around the corner from the A's and then finding her according to the defense to become rich and famous. He could have just called 911 when he found her little body the first time and still become rich and famous. There would have been no need to keep her and move her.

Monkey hugs

How would anyone, especially Kronk, know in June that there would be a reward.... in July? It's so stupid.

It was nuts when JB said about Lee "it got so bad they tested his DNA for paternity". What got so bad? KC told a couple of boy toys that Lee tried to molest her. That's why they tested his DNA. Not because "it got so bad". Geesh.
Good catch.  It seemed like Baez was making some of it up as he went along. I think this outrageous "story" is much more him than KC, meaning I think very little of it came from her or any suggestions from her, beyond the standard defense ploy..abuse. 
I agree... and when this trial is over she is going to curse baez for not getting her off!! BUT BAEZ AND MASON WILL MOVE ON AND LET HER DEAL WITH A PUBLIC DEFENDER... THE GOOD RIDDENCE EFFECT...

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2958 on: May 24, 2011, 10:55:20 PM »

sorry about the caps I am exhausted been up since 4 ughhh

Loca
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #2959 on: May 24, 2011, 10:55:42 PM »

ITA   
I bet no one on the Dufense is sleeping well tonight!   I hope ICA is having nightmares about her future due to what she did!!!!

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.