March 28, 2024, 05:09:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRIAL AND AFTERMATH - BREAK ROOM - 5/24/2011 thru the END  (Read 572551 times)
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: June 10, 2011, 03:08:03 PM »

Here, Turbo.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #841 on: June 10, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »

When I sit there watching Casey with the bulging forehead, all I can think of is one very
bad botox injection...!

::justice2NJ::

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: June 10, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #843 on: June 10, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »

Tweedle dumb and Tweedle dee??   

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: June 10, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »

DonFL:

If you read here, I left you a post at: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg1383943#msg1383943

No, Brandi. Even in this breakroom thread.......... it's not appropriate to distribute avatars here, or direct posters from the trial thread (as you did) here so you can further direct them to pick up avatars you've made. It's too big a case and too many posters are trying to follow it during this time.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 06:59:35 PM by CBB » Logged

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: June 10, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »

Cyclops is nuts!!  LKB needs to be put into an institution.

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

I seriously don't watch any of the talking heads anymore about this case.

Made me too angry to hear them say ridiculous statements, and so many do not have their facts right.

Don: I left you a post in the Break Room: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9923.msg1388523#msg1388523

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #846 on: June 10, 2011, 06:48:05 PM »

Hugs to anyone who has mentioned my "transcripts" of the day in court.  I try to get most every word and I just type what I hear.  I don't know exactly how fast I type but I was once clocked at 150wpm.  I started out typing in junior high school on a old standard manual typewriter.  Many, many years ago, lol.  I loved it so much, I got one for a Christmas present.  I typed anything I could get my hands on and typed papers for all of my friends all through school.  As I mentioned once before, in JSM's Thread, I was in the army.  That was when girls in the army were called WAC's.  I joined the army right out of high school.  I grew up in a very loving but very dysfunctional home and as soon as I could leave, I did.  I heard a commercial on the radio about joining the army and if you ever saw the movie, "Private Benjamin"  I was that girl.  I was 18 years old and didn't even consider that we were still involved in the Viet Nam war.  The army recruiter had me convinced that the army would be perfect for me, lol.  You normally get to pick your MOS (Military Occupation Specialty) but after I took my typing test they TOLD me I was going to be a Clerk Typist, lol.  It was around 140 wpm.  I went through Basic Training at Ft McClellan, Alabama for 8 weeks.  I was a total mess when I got there but graduated as the "Honor Graduate".  I then went to AIT (Advanced Individual Training) at Fort Ord, CA for Clerk Typist.  One day during a final typing examination, I was accused by a really creepy guy of cheating on my test.  There was really no way for me to cheat but the accusation was out there and the instructor, ordered me up to re-take the test in front of the whole class, at the front of the class.  I felt like crying but I was so mad that my hands just flew......I got 150wpm with no errors.  I graduated from AIT as a PFC and went on to my duty station, The Presidio of San Francisco, CA.  For the next 2 years I typed orders, all day, every day.  I had a manual typewriter to use and each order had 3 different colored carbon copies underneath, so you really had to press those keys hard.  I worked in the personnel office and there were hundreds of orders to do each and every day.  They couldn't have a single mistake or you had to start over, if that wasn't bad enough for a few months I was assigned to the Commanding General's Office and there was even more pressure there.  Talk about an amazing office,  I was scared to death of the Commanding General at first but later came to realize he was just a regular guy with 3 stars on his shoulders.  He lived in a mansion on base and had aides for his every movement.  I was relieved when his typist came back and I could go back to my regular office.  That is where I met and married 5 months later the man I have been married to for 36 years.  That must of been the reason I joined the army in the first place, he was waiting for me there.....

Until my only child was born, I was a secretary for the DMV and then an insurance company.  I didn't type much for the next 20 years but when I got my first computer, I fell in love with typing all over again.  My daughter and I stay on IM all day long, even though we live just miles apart.  She is also a very fast typer and we write books to each other on IM, lol. 

I have been here for 3 years, a very shy monkey but when Boo said that she was missing stuff, I thought......I will try to keep track of what is going on for monkeys that have to work or be away from the trial for other reasons.  After all this time of reading your posts and detective work, it is my pleasure to finally be able to give something back.  I actually enjoy trying to not miss a word.  I am up at 5:00am every morning to wake up enough to get ready to follow the trial.  My hubby knows to be very, very quiet but I am lucky that he has followed this case with me from the beginning and wants Justice for Caylee almost as much as I do.  Like the rest of you, Caylee captured my heart and I am never very far away from this forum.  I don't go to other forums, unless I follow a link.  I don't know why anyone would post or read anywhere but here.  Scared Monkeys is my home and I adore all of you.  I thank Red and Klaas and all the mods for their hard work and thank every single one of you for being here.  You mean so much to me and I am so glad I don't have to deal with this alone.

Oops, I have written a book, lol.  You would think my fingers would be tired but I am finally brave enough to post and I am going for it.  Special hugs for Brandi, she keeps my baby Casper all dolled up and does so much for this forum.

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: June 10, 2011, 06:54:24 PM »

What a lovely story, Magic!

We are lucky to have you here, and I am so glad you have broken out of your shell and post with us!

I don't say it every day, but I really appreciate your summaries too. I can look up certain things and make sure I am right. LOL

You are a treasure here, Magic!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #848 on: June 10, 2011, 07:00:04 PM »

DonFL:

If you read here, I left you a post at: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg1383943#msg1383943

No, Brandi. Even in this breakroom thread.......... it's not appropriate to distribute avatars here, or direct posters from the trial thread (as you did) here so you can further direct them to pick up avatars you've made. It's too big a case and too many posters are trying to follow it during this time.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: June 10, 2011, 07:17:24 PM »

DonFL:

I was trying to be as undisruptive as I could be.

It was my understanding that the break room had more liberal rules than the trial thread, and I have seen quite a few links there to come here.

I have really tried for the past three years to be a helpful member of SM, adhering to its rules.

Guess I messed up.

BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #850 on: June 10, 2011, 07:18:57 PM »

Magic Eyes...thank you so much for all you are doing, and you do such a great job too!  Please thank your wonderful Hubby & Daughter for loaning you to us for all this time too.  I have not been able to watch, nor catch up reading like I would like to.

A very sad thing happened to us when ex son-in-law committed suicide on May 23rd, and since then my (& all of us really) life has been upside down.  He was the very loving father of my four beautiful grandchildren ages 18 to 8.  The two oldest, both boys  18 & 13 lived w/him.  I was in the process of selling my house and going to live w/my daughter to help her w/2 youngest aged 10 (only girl) & 8 (baby boy).

Well, like they say....'The best laid plans of mice & men, etc'.  So, I moved back home & had a bunch of stuff to get done to get ready for the two oldest to come live w/me.  We aren't all settled in yet..but we are getting there.  

And, I love your 'take' & little comments about what is going on, it adds a lot of flavor for me too.

an angelic monkey <<<< Magic Eyes

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #851 on: June 10, 2011, 07:19:15 PM »

Magic, thanks for sharing part of your life with us, I really enjoyed your post! 

In Jr. High, it was mandatory to take typing class....40 minutes every day, for two years.  I loved it then and I'm grateful I was taught the proper way to type.  It amazes me how many people have no clue where to place their fingers on a keyboard. I would think it would be mandatory now too, especially in this day and age of computers.  Yeah, they get the job done, but I also see frustration with their hunting and pecking.  My keyboard is so worn, only a few keys show the letters. If someone tries to use mine, they simply can't, because they have nothing to look at.  lol 

I too, am glad you are not so shy now.  Your recaps are spot on and so useful for all of us.  I also enjoy your personal posts as well.  So don't be shy with your words and thoughts any more.  You are a very special monkey and a great contributor to the forum   .   

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
crazybabyborg
« Reply #852 on: June 10, 2011, 07:36:28 PM »

DonFL:

I was trying to be as undisruptive as I could be.

It was my understanding that the break room had more liberal rules than the trial thread, and I have seen quite a few links there to come here.

I have really tried for the past three years to be a helpful member of SM, adhering to its rules.

Guess I messed up.

No problem. Just please don't do it again in a Caylee related thread, at least until the trial is over. Thanks.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: June 10, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »

Brandi -

Posts regarding avatars or anything off topic or directing people to other areas outside of the Caylee forum from the TRIAL thread is NOT OK and the post will be moved here to the Break Room.

I do feel it is OK to post messages for members in this thread as I stated in the beginning, this Break Room thread will have very few rules.  So as far as avatars go it's ok to post a link here in the Break Room however, not sure in most cases members will see the post here anyway and will likely look for it on their own in your avatar thread. 

CBB - sorry I wasn't around earlier but I do think just about anything is OK there as long as it's not Xrated, etc. - so I think it's OK if links to Brandi's avatar thread is ok here 

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: June 10, 2011, 09:34:30 PM »

Edit to remove blank photo.  MB

Looks like she is pulling an OJ..that's not how it happened..but if I did do it..here's what happened.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:57:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #855 on: June 10, 2011, 09:55:57 PM »

Does anyone know where I can DOWNLOAD the trial video? I am heading back on the train tomorrow late afternoon and will not have internet but will have the lap top - I would love to watch the video of today since I missed most of it.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: June 10, 2011, 09:57:13 PM »

Magic..you are amazing..enjoyed reading your "book" lol...nice read...
thanks for all that you do...

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #857 on: June 10, 2011, 11:15:57 PM »

I couldn't believe Bozo made such a big deal about a professionally done superimposition that was respresentative of what may have happened and thought his stupid easel type board he draws on which doesn't take proportions and is just as much or more supposition than the experts is better.....that being said, I think his mental age is about 10 and he is more of a disney character himself. The drawing today was horrible and all I could think of was this...

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: June 10, 2011, 11:41:42 PM »

I come in every night and am to see if I had any posts moved or if I am in trouble.. 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #859 on: June 10, 2011, 11:53:35 PM »

OMG     Now that's funny right there.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.