March 29, 2024, 01:51:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRIAL AND AFTERMATH - BREAK ROOM - 5/24/2011 thru the END  (Read 572639 times)
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1220 on: June 22, 2011, 07:51:35 PM »

I have a question but it is not about this case but don't know where to ask it. 
There is 2 little boys that are 4 & 5 that live a block over from our house.  They are always coming up on their bikes with training wheels, walking or scooter to play with my granddaughter.  I never see the parents as they just let them run.  I have seen the older boy walk up to people walking in the neighborhood and I ask him if he knows them and he says no.  I tell him he shouldn't talk to strangers and tell him what could happen and ask if his parents have told him not to do this and he says no.  When I tell him what could happen his reply, is she is nice.  I worry that one day they will be abducted.  Any ideas on if I should call DHS or what?

Well, maybe you should call DHS.
If you were to go over there, you never know how they would act towards you.  So a 3rd party intervention should be the best way to go.
Hope this helps you.

ITA, please call DHS or whatever the Child Protection Service is in your area.  I think in all state's you can report anonymously.  Often a case will be started on a family, and they will move somewhere else to avoid being monitored.  If you feel the children are in imminent danger, please call 911 and let the police take it from there.  You should never regret calling CPS if you have a concern, but you will always regret it if something happens and you didn't call.   an angelic monkey

I'm going to call CPS today!   Thanks everyone!

Thank you for being vigilant enough to make the call (or go online which is sometimes an option).  I am a required reporter (a teacher) and have made several calls to CPS because of that and because I know how CPS does (or doesn't) work.  Like most government agencies, there are good and bad people who work there.  I have written more stories than I care to count about kids who were reported, but CPS didn't take whatever measures were necessary to save the child/children.  As frustrating as that is, the other option is to not call, and that should never be the choice one makes when they suspect children are in danger.  Like most government agencies, however, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and sometimes it takes multiple calls and asking for supervisors to get any results for these kids that are in horrible circumstances. 

We can't save them all, but we can at least try to do our part to protect the most vulnerable of our citizens.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #1221 on: June 22, 2011, 07:55:03 PM »

My spouse and I have a question that we hope some of you can answer.  We've been wondering what KC is stuffing her bra with?  We saw this shirt on Day 2 of the trial and I believe also on May 25th.  In both cases, the shirt was not as *ahem* full and KC was not as endowed.  Anyone?
Maxi Pads?  Monkey Devil!
Praying4Angels
Scared Monkey

~~Justice is coming Caylee!!~~

« Reply #1222 on: June 22, 2011, 08:52:53 PM »

My spouse and I have a question that we hope some of you can answer.  We've been wondering what KC is stuffing her bra with?  We saw this shirt on Day 2 of the trial and I believe also on May 25th.  In both cases, the shirt was not as *ahem* full and KC was not as endowed.  Anyone?
Perhaps its the "pinnochio effect"... Monkey Devil!

~~Thanking God our sweet Caylee is home and lighting a candle to show her our love~~
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1223 on: June 22, 2011, 08:59:25 PM »

Winner!
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1224 on: June 22, 2011, 09:26:28 PM »

Winner!

Omg, you guys are funny.
However her bra does look like she did something.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1225 on: June 22, 2011, 09:48:04 PM »

I think that bug eyed look of Caseys is because Bozo was telling her that she is on the cover of People magazine where they are saying that she may walk..
stupid thing for that magazine to put on the cover when the trial is still going on!

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1226 on: June 23, 2011, 06:18:35 AM »

Monkey King ... your avi is the BEST! 

You're welcome to it when I change it out!

Baez is one ugly SOB

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1227 on: June 23, 2011, 06:48:26 AM »

Monkey King ... your avi is the BEST! 

You're welcome to it when I change it out!

Baez is one ugly SOB
Not as fugly as his client!!
Goodmorning, Shell!

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1228 on: June 23, 2011, 08:29:23 AM »

Red, have you've meet Miss Belich?
Not sure if she has meet ws's owner.
As everyone knows ws's owner(tris?) slams almost every board on the net.
I'll leave it at that....

Tks.....

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1229 on: June 23, 2011, 08:56:27 AM »

In case anyone cares, here is the Social Security guidelines for disability due to depression:

Bookmark and Share         TEXT SIZE  + | -    
Allsup: Life Reclaimed    
Depression and Social Security Disability Insurance

Allsup DepressionHere is an explanation of Social Security's five-step process to determine if a depression patient qualifies for SSDI:

1.  Determine if an individual is "working (engaging in substantial gainful activity)" according to the SSA definition. Earning more than $1,000 a month as an employee is enough to be disqualified from receiving Social Security disability benefits.

2.  Conclude the depression disability must be severe enough to significantly limit one’s ability to perform basic work activities needed to do most jobs. For example:

Walking, standing, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, carrying or handling
        Seeing, hearing and speaking
        Understanding/carrying out and remembering simple instructions
        Responding appropriately to supervision, co-workers and usual work situations
        Dealing with changes in a routine work setting

3.  Ask if the depression disability meets or equals a medical listing. Depression is listed under mental disorders. To satisfy the listing criteria for depression, a number of variables are considered:

Anhedonia
        Appetite disturbance
        Sleep disturbance
        Psychomotor agitation or retardation
        Decreased energy
        Feelings of guilt or worthlessness
        Difficulty concentrating or thinking
        Thoughts of suicide and hallucinations
        Delusions or paranoid thinking

In assessing depression relative to a listing level impairment, the following areas of functioning are evaluated:

Restrictions of activities of daily living
        Maintaining social functioning
        Deficiencies of concentration
        Persistence or pace
        Repeated episodes of decompensation--each of extended duration

An individual who has four symptoms present from the depressive syndrome list, as well as extreme limitation in two of the four functional areas, would probably be eligible for benefits.

4.  Explore the ability of an individual to perform work they have done in the past despite their depression. If the SSA finds that a person can do his past work, benefits are denied. If the person cannot, then the process proceeds to the fifth and final step.

5.  Review age, education, work experience and physical/mental condition to determine what other work, if any, the person can perform. To determine depression disability, the SSA enlists medical-vocational rules, which vary according to age.

For example, a person with depression could be found disabled at any age. The inability to meet any of the basic mental demands of work would entitle a claimant to disability benefits.

Social Security Rulings 85-15 and SSR 96-9p both describe how an individual must, on a sustained basis, be able to understand, remember and carry out simple instructions; make simple work-related decisions; respond appropriately to supervision, co-workers, usual work situations and to deal with changes in a routine work setting.

A substantial loss of ability to meet any one of these basic work related activities would severely limit the potential occupational base for all age groups and justify a finding of disabled. A person who has a medically determinable severe impairment of depression and is unable to understand, remember or carry out simple instructions would be found disabled based on his/her mental residual function capacity.

http://www.allsup.com/about-ssdi/ssdi-guidelines-by-disability/depression.aspx

For Cindy to have received benefits within 3 years, she must have really had some inside pull.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
beth1970
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1230 on: June 23, 2011, 09:36:23 AM »

"Oooo, Breathe down my neck some more, Cheney!"

he just looks like someone whose breath always stinks!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1231 on: June 23, 2011, 09:46:57 AM »

BTW where is Brandi?

I'll move your post to the break room.  Not appropriate here.  why don't you ask HER in HER avatar thread.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:48:48 AM by klaasend » Logged

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1232 on: June 23, 2011, 10:43:26 AM »

I'd prefer to have testimony from the dessert lady.  It'd be a lot more interesting and attention getting.   
I agree.    http://www.dessertlady.com/

Baez just doesn't know when to give it up.  But on the up side.....all these people continue to strengthen the States case.
YUM - she serves "beverages" also.  Pass them around!
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1233 on: June 23, 2011, 11:32:51 AM »

Good Morning !!!

Here is something interesting...

The court transcript revealed that he was unable to secure life and health insurance for his teenage daughter and that he had " written bad checks in the past.[3]"

According to media reports, his financial situation deteriorated in the recent years, with his home purchased for over $670,000 in 2007, foreclosed and appraised at $272,900.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Baez_%28lawyer%29

In regards to his bad checks writing, shame on him. His home situation that his house is upside down I can't blame him for. That is happening all over the country. That is not his fault. Goodness knows I can't tolerate the man, but the housing situation is not his doings.

With all the programs for loan modifications, it was not necessary. They will reduced the note to the current appraisal or less if he had applied, but with the way he procrastinates in getting his business together for KC, I can see why he most likely lost it.  

It sounds as if he bought way over his income range to begin with from what I have found about his few clients.

It's easier to default.  And the rest of us poor sob's will continue to pay in more ways than we know.

I wonder if his daughter has a pre-existing condition that made acquiring insurance difficult.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1234 on: June 23, 2011, 12:27:23 PM »

oh my! Monkey king - i just noticed your avi - did Casey do that?
Monkey Devil!

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1235 on: June 23, 2011, 01:16:09 PM »

Warning:  Graphic Language but just saying. . . .

http://Edit-language.  Even for Break Room.  MB

Mods, if over the top, please remove.

Duck face, LOL

Monkey Devil!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:27:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1236 on: June 23, 2011, 01:16:51 PM »

Oh, no!  I thought I was in the Break Room.  Can someone please move this to there?

Anna, the language wasn't appropriate even for the Break Room.  But the video was a hoot.   Monkey Devil!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:39:25 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1237 on: June 23, 2011, 01:20:06 PM »

Warning:  Graphic Language but just saying. . . .

http://www.youtube.com Edit for language, even for Break Room.  MB

Mods, if over the top, please remove.

Duck face, LOL

Monkey Devil!

I am howlin here !!  LMAO
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:31:50 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1238 on: June 23, 2011, 01:20:21 PM »

Oh, no!  I thought I was in the Break Room.  Can someone please move this to there?
Hey, Anna ~ I thought you were just kindly providing us with a little break .  hee.  Thanks for the laugh!  Most exciting thing today 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1239 on: June 23, 2011, 01:29:44 PM »

Glad you enjoyed that.  I knew there was something about her expression I wanted to say but just didn't quite have the words for it.  Then I saw this vid, lol.

Monkey Devil!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.