March 28, 2024, 02:07:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011  (Read 6836 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 22, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »

GO CANUCKS GO!!

NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011

Vancouver Canucks - 4

San Jose Sharks - 2

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:56:41 AM »

GO CANUCKS GO!!

NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011

Vancouver Canucks - 3

San Jose Sharks - 2

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 11:22:56 PM »

Canucks ready for Bruins in Stanley Cup final
Originally published: May 28, 2011 7:55 PM
Updated: May 28, 2011 7:59 PM
By The Associated Press

(AP) -- The Canucks finally have an opponent for next week's Stanley Cup final, though the Boston Bruins are hardly a familiar foe.

When the teams drop the puck for Game 1 on Wednesday, it will be just the sixth meeting between the teams in six seasons. That includes a game in Vancouver just over three months ago, even though few of the Canucks recalled much from that 3-1 loss.

<snipped>

http://www.newsday.com/sports/canucks-ready-for-bruins-in-stanley-cup-final-1.2909970

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 01:09:23 PM »

I was looking at ice hockey icons to post for you Janet and I found this:  .  Somehow it just doesn't  capture the feel or excitement of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.     I'll keep looking.  Wishing you good luck for your team in the play offs, Janet. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:11:03 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 06:06:08 PM »

I was looking at ice hockey icons to post for you Janet and I found this:  .  Somehow it just doesn't  capture the feel or excitement of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.     I'll keep looking.  Wishing you good luck for your team in the play offs, Janet. 

Thanks MuffyBee

My son and American wife have a Boston Bruins as well as a Vancouver Canuck flag flapping from their respective vehicles.

I am not a hockey fan.  The scores usually suffice.  I would rather be on the computer.  However ... I could not peel my eyes from the screen for one minutes the other evening  during the overtime between San Jose and the Vancouver Canucks the other night.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »

Bruins in Vancouver: Strange homecoming for three B.C.-born players
By Andy Ivens, The Province May 30, 2011

The Boston Bruins arrived at Vancouver International Airport on Monday afternoon and were promptly whisked away to their hotel

<snipped>

Read more:
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Bruins+Vancouver+Strange+homecoming+three+born+players/4864734/story.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 02:05:29 PM »

Bruins in Vancouver: Strange homecoming for three B.C.-born players
By Andy Ivens, The Province May 30, 2011

The Boston Bruins arrived at Vancouver International Airport on Monday afternoon and were promptly whisked away to their hotel

<snipped>

Read more:
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Bruins+Vancouver+Strange+homecoming+three+born+players/4864734/story.html

LORD STANLEY

Frederick Arthur Stanley, 16th Earl of Derby, KG, GCB, GCVO, PC (15 January 1841 – 14 June 1908), known as Frederick Stanley until 1886 and as The Lord Stanley of Preston between 1886 and 1893, was Colonial Secretary from 1885 to 1886 and Governor General of Canada from 1888 to 1893. An avid sportsman, he is most famous for presenting the Stanley Cup, which became the most famous award for professional ice hockey. Stanley was a Freemason.

<snipped>

A statue of Lord Stanley of Preston stands in Stanley Park. Lady Stanley of Preston, whom Sir Wilfrid Laurier described as "an able and witty woman", made a lasting contribution during her husband's term of office. In 1891, she founded the Lady Stanley Institute for Trained Nurses on Rideau Street, the first nursing school in Ottawa. She was also an enthusiastic fan of hockey games on the Rideau Hall skating rink.

In 1892, Stanley gave Canada a treasured national icon — the Stanley Cup. He originally donated the trophy as an award for Canada's top-ranking amateur hockey club. Then in 1926, the National Hockey League adopted the Stanley Cup as the championship prize in professional hockey. That this now famous cup bears Stanley's name is a fitting tribute to his encouragement and love of outdoor life and sport in Canada. In recognition of this, Stanley was inducted into the Canadian Hockey Hall of Fame in 1945 in the "Honoured Builders" category.

<snipped>

Read more:
http://www.stanleysbar.ca/html/lord_stanley.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 09:31:11 AM »

GAME ONE

Canucks muzzle Bruins 1-0 to take Game 1
Torres goal late in 3rd period sews up Stanley Cup Final Game 1
By Ben Kuzma, The Province June 1, 2011

<snipped>

Raffi Torres scores a goal late in the third period against Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins during game one of the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Finals at Rogers Arena on June 1, 2011 in Vancouver, Canada.

<snipped>

More:
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Canucks+muzzle+Bruins+take+Game/4877012/story.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 10:10:48 AM »

Canucks fans laud win, but it's not over yet

VANCOUVER - For long-suffering Canucks fans, the team's Game 1 victory against the Boston Bruins Wednesday night brings them closer to the Stanley Cup than they've been in a generation.

And while many of the jersey-draped fans that flooded downtown Vancouver after Raffi Torres' last-minute, game-winning goal were boldly declaring the cup was already theirs, some were still cautious - even a little nervous - about jinxing the team too early.

"A lot of people expect we're going to win, but the truth is, it was really close tonight, it could have gone either way," said Mark Hill, 40, who was at Rogers Arena for the game Wednesday night and then headed out to busy Granville Street to celebrate.

"I think we're the better team, but we've got to do work. Boston's not going to lay down and roll over."

The Canucks have only been in the final found of the playoffs twice before, but have never won the Stanley Cup.

The last time the Canucks made it this far was 1994, when the team lost to the New York Rangers. The time before that was in 1982, when they were defeated by the New York Islanders.

<snipped>

More:
http://sports.sympatico.ca/home/canucks_fans_laud_win_but_its_not_over_yet/5715c8c4

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 10:48:39 AM »

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Complete Schedule, TV Listings, and Results

All games begin a 8:00 p.m. Eastern

•June 1: Vancouver 1 - Boston 0

•Saturday, June 4: Boston at Vancouver CBC, NBC)

•Monday, June 6: Vancouver at Boston (CBC, Versus)

•Wednesday, June 8: Vancouver at Boston (CBC, Versus)

•*Friday, June 10: Boston at Vancouver (CBC, NBC)

•*Monday, June 13: Vancouver at Boston (CBC, NBC)

•*Wednesday, June 15: Boston at Vancouver (CBC, NBC)

(*if necessary)

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/stanleycupbunker/a/2011-Stanley-Cup-Playoffs-Complete-Schedule-And-Results.htm

_____

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 10:33:03 PM »

•Saturday, June 4: Boston at Vancouver CBC, NBC)

•Monday, June 6: Vancouver at Boston (CBC, Versus)

(*if necessary)

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/stanleycupbunker/a/2011-Stanley-Cup-Playoffs-Complete-Schedule-And-Results.htm

Good Luck tonight! Make the Western Conference proud!   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 01:09:45 AM »

YES!!!

Be still my 64 year old heart.

Vancouver Canucks - 3
Boston Bruins - 2

The winning goal was scored 11 seconds into overtime.

Wreck ... there is a downside to this win. The marriage of our youngest son to his American sweetheart who grew up on the Washington side of the border may not survive the playoffs.  However ... his FIL and MIL are not worried.  They claim that it was Vancouver's salt air that did the Bruins in.  The next two games are on American soil and that mean's everything.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 09:07:19 AM »

Canucks bite Bruins 3-2 in OT, lead series 2-0
June 4, 2011

<snipped>

Alex Burrows celebrates the second Canucks goal, along with fans against the Boston Bruins during game 2 of the Stanley Cup playoffs in Rogers Arena on June 1, 2011. Burrows went on to score the game winner in overtime.

<snipped

More:
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Canucks+bite+Bruins+lead+series/4894979/story.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 09:14:12 AM »

Jun 5 2011

•June 4: Vancouver 3- Boston 2 (OT)

Monday, June 6: Vancouver at Boston (CBC, Versus)

(*if necessary)

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 09:12:23 AM »

GAME THREE

Boston Bruins bite back
Deflated Canucks fans limp home after team thrashed in Game 3
June 7, 2011 2:06 AM

The massacre in Boston emptied Vancouver streets early Monday night of Canucks revellers.

Whoops and hollers faded to moans and sighs as the dominant Bruins slapped the Canucks silly in the second period of Game 3.

By the end of the period, many Canucks fans figured there was no reason to stay at the live site set up by the city at Granville and Georgia when their team looked dead.

The sullen crowd dispersed quickly after the game, still hopeful, but downcast.

A few defiant hopefuls blew on horns and shouted "Go, Canucks, Go!" but they were a tiny minority as shell-shocked fans mumbled "terrible" and "awful" as they shuffled away following the 8-1 debacle.

<snipped>

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Boston+Bruins+bite+back/4904233/story.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 09:00:34 PM »

June 7, 2011

2011 Stanley Cup Final:
Vancouver Canucks vs.
Boston Bruins

All games begin at 8:00 p.m. Eastern

•June 6: Boston 8 - Vancouver 1

Wednesday, June 8: Vancouver at Boston (CBC, Versus)

(*if necessary)

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 09:43:06 AM »

GAME FOUR

Bruins beat Canucks 4-0, and Cup finals tied 2-2

BOSTON (AP) — The Stanley Cup finals are headed back to Vancouver, all tied up two games apiece.

And then, they're coming back to Boston for a sixth game.

The Bruins won Game 4 by a 4-0 score tonight — their second straight dominating performance in Boston. Now let's see if they can break through in Vancouver, where the Canucks won Games 1 and 2.

<snipped>

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hiVkZQ3_ss0IL4EX0JX_UuipiW0w?docId=cd6073237f5145378412af4f07851b0c

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 09:48:38 AM »

June 9, 2011

2011 Stanley Cup Final:
Vancouver Canucks vs.
Boston Bruins

•June 8: Boston 4 - Vancouver 0

Friday, June 10: Boston at Vancouver (CBC, NBC)

•Monday, June 13: Vancouver at Boston (CBC, NBC)

(*if necessary)

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 09:49:59 AM »

]

GAME FIVE

Third line strikes again for Vancouver in Game 5
Published June 11, 2011

VANCOUVER – For the second time in the Stanley Cup Final, the Vancouver Canucks blanked the Boston Bruins 1-0 -- and for the second time, it was the Canucks' third line that delivered in the clutch, helping the home team win Game 5 Friday night at Rogers Arena.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/06/11/third-line-strikes-again-for-vancouver-in-game-5/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 09:52:54 AM »

June 10, 2011

2011 Stanley Cup Final:
Vancouver Canucks vs.
Boston Bruins

•June 8: Boston 4 - Vancouver 0
•June 10: Vancouver 1 - Boston 0

Monday, June 13: Vancouver at Boston (CBC, NBC)

(*if necessary)

_____

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.