March 28, 2024, 02:45:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011  (Read 6838 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 04:56:01 PM »

On home ice, can Bruins extend series?
Updated Jun 13, 2011 4:04 PM ET

The outcome of Game 6 between the Vancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins on Monday night either will determine this year's Stanley Cup champion or force a seventh and deciding game back in Vancouver on Wednesday.

<snipped>

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/vancouver-canucks-boston-bruins-who-will-win-game-6-061311

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 09:56:21 AM »

GAME SIX

Bruins batter Luongo's Canucks 5-2, force Game 7
Updated June 14, 2011

BOSTON (AP) The Boston Bruins left their home ice for the final time in a jubilant line, waving and clapping back at the adoring Garden crowd. Tim Thomas returned for one last loop as the first star in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals, triumphantly waving his stick above his head.

<snipped>

http://nationalpost.stats.com/nhl/story.asp?i=20110613214533841161008

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Complete Schedule, TV Listings, and Results
June 14, 2011

2011 Stanley Cup Final:
Vancouver Canucks vs.
Boston Bruins

All games begin a 8:00 p.m. Eastern

•June 1: Vancouver 1 - Boston 0
•June 4: Vancouver 3- Boston 2 (OT)
•June 6: Boston 8 - Vancouver 1
•June 8: Boston 4 - Vancouver 0
•June 10: Vancouver 1 - Boston 0
•June 13: Boston 5 - Vancouver 2

Wednesday, June 15: Boston at Vancouver (CBC, NBC)

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/stanleycupbunker/a/2011-Stanley-Cup-Playoffs-Complete-Schedule-And-Results.htm

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 11:39:46 PM »

Boston Bruins beat Vancouver to win hockey's Stanley Cup
Posted on Wed, Jun. 15, 2011 09:56 PM

The Boston Bruins had waited 39 long years for another drink from the Stanley Cup, and Tim Thomas was awfully thirsty.

When the Bruins and their brilliant goalie barged into a hostile Canadian rink surrounded by another 100,000 screaming fans outside for Game 7, they emerged with the championship they wanted.

Thomas made 37 saves in the second shutout of his landmark finals performance, Patrice Bergeron and rookie Brad Marchand scored two goals apiece, and the Bruins beat the Vancouver Canucks 4-0 Wednesday night for their first championship since 1972.

"I think I went even further than I thought," Thomas said. "I never envisioned three Game 7s in one playoff series and still being able to come out on top."

<snipped>

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/06/15/2953148/boston-bruins-win-stanley-cup.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 09:17:25 AM »

Rioting overshadows hockey as Vancouver reels after Game 7 loss
VANCOUVER— Globe and Mail Update
Published Wednesday, Jun. 15, 2011 9:23PM EDT
Last updated Thursday, Jun. 16, 2011 9:00AM EDT

Mob rule took over the downtown streets of Vancouver Wednesday night, shortly after the hometown Canucks were crushed 4-0 in the deciding game of the Stanley Cup finals.

There were stabbings, numerous cars set on fire, and marquee stores looted throughout the downtown area, as police used tear gas and pepper spray to try – mostly unsuccessfully – to quell the ugly outbreak of violence.

At least one person is listed in critical condition.

It was the first unleashing of tear gas in the city since the infamous Stanley Cup riots that erupted in 1994, when the Canucks also lost the seventh game of the Cup final.

This rioting was worse. It began immediately after the final whistle. Individuals among the 100,000 or so watching the game downtown started fighting, overturning port-a-potties and torching nearby vehicles. Hundreds then gravitated to other downtown areas to create havoc.

It was an outbreak few expected. Police had emphasized repeatedly in the days leading up to Wednesday night’s hockey showdown that they had learned from 1994 and knew how to contain crowds.

<snipped>

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/rioting-overshadows-hockey-as-vancouver-reels-after-game-7-loss/article2062706/

_____

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.