March 28, 2024, 01:08:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #44 4/11/12 - 1/1/14  (Read 535461 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 23, 2011, 05:36:14 PM »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:01:47 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:33:16 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 10:02:10 AM »

http://www.kptv.com/story/17179540/kyron-hormans-dad-raises-awareness-at-roadster-show
Kyron Horman’s dad raises awareness at car show
March 16, 2012

Video at Link

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 11:39:11 AM »

I keep hoping that someone is going to stumble across his remains. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 12:05:55 PM »

This was posted on BOC:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/#comments

quizzical says:
April 14, 2012 at 2:00 am

The following is a comment under a recent Oregon Live (Oregonian) opinion article that might be of interest here. It is apparently from Desiree’s father. The comment and article was referred to on Facebook page AML – THSG.

————————————————————–

Kyron’s Poppa April 11, 2012 at 5:01PM

“I agree that this practice is shameful, but tryig to convince the public that a non-profit has been started without full IRS non-profit status is not only misleading but illegal. I’ve yet to establish credence for the foundation named for my missing grandson, Kyron. I am in the dark for what should be and is being done on behalf of this little boy. I understand, too that the founder was awarded for his efforts to help other families who have lost a child to unknown or known circumstances. I wonder if this may be a situation of mistaken identity? If the foundation is ‘real’, great – I hope many benefit. I suggested back in month 3 of this tragedy that an effort be made to get as many people to donate a dollar so we could hire a private eye, attorneys and others to help establish Kyron’s whereabouts when it was apparent efforts were becoming fruitless and we were facing a cold-case status.
IMHO, this is not the way Kyron’s situation should be handled! I pray for Ky’s safe return to be very soon!”

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2012/04/sketchy_charities_oregon_misle.html

BBM: Not sure what that statement means.

When I checked Kyron's papa's profile on OL, it was linked to a FB page:

http://connect.oregonlive.com/user/kyron%27s_poppa/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003262578312&sk=wall

Some of the comments on his wall

Kyron's Poppa
I spent a couple of hours scanning for videos on Kyron's plight and found 7 pages of links. It threw me back to hearing in disbelief Desi's phone call declaring that Kyron had gone missing from school.
It's all too fresh in our memories, driving to Portland, Kelly in the back seat searching deperately on my phone for any news of an Amber Alert for him and getting frustrated when she couldn't. Hearing about the converging forces of the Sheriff, Oregon State Police, Portland Police, Search and Rescue teams and the FBI at Ky's tiny rural house was surrealistic. The feeling got worse when we arrived, met by Blackhawk helicopters scanning the area.
We met everyone in a daze, numbed by the ride, the this-can't-be-real feeling and wondering when we would see Kyron again, if ever. Terri was too calm, too detached to be anything but guilty of something very, very bad.

Share · December 20, 2011 at 10:38pm ·

Kyron's Poppa
What's really sad about all this is the impact this has had on the other grandchildren - especially Ky's very best friend, good buddy, his cousin who wrote a letter to Santa to bring Kyron home again - he knows if anyone can do it, Santa can. If that doesn't tear at your heart .... AND, to think, Terri spent hours on Facebook while you could hear Search and Rescue outside calling Kyron's name and beating the bushes of the adjacent hillside and gullies ... AAARRGH!!!
Share · December 20, 2011 at 9:58pm ·

Kyron's Poppa
Desi spoke with Jane of HLN (CNN) and read her letter to Terri yesterday. I think it caught Jane off guard as she sounded close to tears. Basically Desi said she's probably the only person Terri knows who will understand what was going on, having been married to Kaine. I think Kaine has made his bed and will have to live with his narcissistic controlling crap - his son, my grandson, is missing!
Share · December 20, 2011 at 9:26pm ·

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 05:28:38 PM »

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/

Monday, April 16, 2012
Temp Post: Kyron Horman

Temp Post:

We are about 6 weeks away from the horrid anniversary of Kyron Horman's disappearance.
I hope to post soon.

Would the journalist who contacted me with critical information please contact me again?
I have a single question for you.

I will be taking down this post, so please don't comment here.

Thank you,

Peter

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 07:20:56 PM »

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/

Monday, April 16, 2012
Temp Post: Kyron Horman

Temp Post:

We are about 6 weeks away from the horrid anniversary of Kyron Horman's disappearance.
I hope to post soon.

Would the journalist who contacted me with critical information please contact me again?
I have a single question for you.

I will be taking down this post, so please don't comment here.

Thank you,

Peter

Wow! Thanks so much grace-land! Can't wait to see the follow up! 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 11:50:11 PM »

You're welcome, sassifrass!  Keep up the good work for Kyron; you're an  an angelic monkey
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »

The two-year anniversary of Kyron's going missing is fast approaching.

Right after that, in October, is the two-year anniversay of the judge abating the divorce actions (he put 2 years on the abatement - will he increase the abatement time - can he increase the abatement time - or are fireworks going to start going off)?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 01:29:31 AM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/05/whistle-blowing_lieutenant_sue.html

Whistle-blowing lieutenant sues Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, alleging retaliation
May 09, 2012

(snip)  The lawsuit also implicates current Sheriff Dan Staton, saying he has further derailed Elliott's career; allowed Capt. Monty Reiser to obtain correction certification without performing necessary field work; and made inappropriate requests for Elliott, now with river patrol, to take Staton's daughter's class on a ride in a sheriff's boat. Elliott is seeking $1.5 million in damages.

"Instead of supporting an environment of truth and accountability in officers, Staton was going to preserve the status quo of turning a blind eye to misconduct in officers," the lawsuit said. Moore is now Staton's undersheriff.

Staton Wednesday called the allegations unfounded. (snip)

(snip)  "I think that the conduct of the sheriff and the chief deputy are so outrageous, so offensive, that I think somebody needs to step in and clean up that office once and for all," said Burrows, Elliott's lawyer.

Staton said it's not unusual for officers to verbally describe their knowledge of certain tactics because of limited time to demonstrate all the training requirements.

After Elliott had raised safety concerns about Staton's request to take his daughter's elementary school class on a sheriff's boat ride, Staton said he cancelled that ride and temporarily suspended such rides. Staton said those types of rides had occurred in the past.

"I didn't want this to turn into an issue and it was developing into an issue," the sheriff said.  (snip)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don’t doubt that Mr. Houze is taking great interest in these allegations against Sheriff Staton.
This could be looked at as a character/ethics of a man/Sheriff: a sheriff who is heading up the investigation of Kyron Horman.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 07:08:19 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Kyron-Horman/125336750831264

Recently I was in Portland and had the opportunity to share my son’s story with someone that hadn’t heard of it and as
always I was happy to talk about Kyron and share his story. It worries me that people don’t know about him or know what happened. It has nearly been two years and Kyron is still not home, this is unsettling for his entire family, and most especially for me. I thought this nightmare wouldn’t last through the night. I was very wrong. I want everyone to know that he is still not home and we all need to be responsible for sharing his story, because it only takes one tip, one person to crack this case open again and bring Kyron home. I have received a lot of gifts for Kyron in Medford and as many of you know we started an area a year ago called Kyron’s Pad. It includes many flowers, a plum tree, his bench and frogs of course. We have incorporated some of the gifts that we have gotten from his supporters and have updated some of the structures for Kyron. We will continue to share pictures with everyone and will add new items to his area. I continue to be amazed and surprised at the gracious nature of people and all of the thoughts and prayers we receive every day. Please continue to pray for Kyron’s safe return and spread the word, share the flyers and talk about him as we arrive at the 2 year mark since he was last seen.

Thanks,
Desiree
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.257999730898298.68622.125336750831264&type=1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 09:07:38 PM »

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 10:17:27 PM »

Preview: Run For Kyron

By now, most people in the Portland area are aware of the tragic story of Kyron Horman, the boy who disappeared after being dropped off at school in June of 2010.  In an effort to keep his name and face in the public eye, Uberthons is hosting the 2nd annual Run For Kyron on Saturday, June 2nd at Cook Park in Tigard.

::snipping2::

What: The 2nd Annual Run For Kyron

When: Saturday, June 2nd

Where: Cook Park, Tigard

What time: 10k at 8:00a, 5k at 8:10a, 1k at 9:20a, kids run at 9:30a

Registration: 10k: $35, 5k: $25, 1k: $5, kids run: free!  Register online HERE.  For more ways to help visit www.bringkyronhome.org/

http://blog.oregonlive.com/runoregon/2012/05/preview_run_for_kyron.html
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/headlines/Hi-tech-Ore-billboards-focus-on-missing-kids-152667345.html

Hi-tech Ore. billboards focus on missing kids

Posted on May 22, 2012 at 12:51 PM

WOODBURN, Ore. – New hi-tech billboards along Interstate-5 now feature photos of unsolved missing children cases.

That includes Kyron Horman, who vanished almost two years ago in Portland. Kyron was last seen at Skyline Elementary School, where he attended a science fair.

an angelic monkey

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 11:31:37 AM »

Thank you DE from BOC! 

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/01/30/fugitive-cop-shooter-david-durhams-house-located-in-new-kyron-horman-search-grid/#comments

DE says:
May 24, 2012 at 9:35 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57441217/how-the-etan-patz-case-changed-america-on-missing-children/?tag=thisMorningLatest

In reporting on the Etan Patz case, a CBS News video segment shows someone at a computer screen working on an age progression image of Kyron. At about 50 seconds into the video.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 01:56:54 PM »

It's been almost 2 years since Kyron went missing and still there isn't any public news of where he may be. Why is that? What is really going on in this case? Is the case being delayed because there may be bigger fish to fry? Who knows. One thing I DO know is that Kyron is not home yet. Not one person has been named a suspect by MCSO as of this date. Not even in the alleged MFH plot.

One of the many things that have perplexed me in this case was, during the sting on June 26, 2010, a DEA agent accompanied Rudy Sanchez to the Horman home. Why a DEA agent? Well, IMO, it's possible he was there as a witness to more then just the MFH plot. Perhaps because of an investigation going on prior to Kyron going missing. It would make sense.  Is it possible the Rudy Sanchez is a long time informant?

THE STING:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/09/09/kyron-horman-missing-case-review-and-birthday-wishes-to-the-frog-prince/

(Note: one of my all time favorite Blink post)

Investigators clearly believed his story as it was the basis for an attempted sting on June 26th by MCSO including an undercover DEA agent. Sanchez, wearing a wire, demanded a $10,000 payment from Horman for services rendered, except Kaine was very much alive.

Anyway, below, I have pointed out some areas that have been publically documented and have led me to this opinion. I am NOT stating this is what MCSO does on a regular basis, but IMO, you have to question it.

Let's look at Rudy Sanchez aka wth knows:

Rodolfo "Rudy" Sanchez a known alias:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/10/07/kyron-horman-missing-kaine-and-terri-horman-face-off-in-family-court/

<snip>

After heated debate by those sides, we learned: Rudy Sanchez, the infamous landscaper/hitman for hire, has an alias, and has eluded service in the civil matter to date, although he appears to have cooperated. Bunch proclaims Sanchez is unlocatable as a result of MCSO unwillingness to share discovery of a witness in the civil case ( blink holds hands over eyes).
<snip>

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104507829.html

<snip>

Peter Bunch said he's asked for Terri Horman calls to 9-1-1, back to Dec 26th [Note: the Decemeber request my have been mispoken].  But was denied by Sheriff's office saying it's part of "ongoing Investigation." He's tried to serve the landscaper, Rudy Sanchez with subpoena for deposition, but prosecutors wouldn't give him contact information because of the "ongoing investigation."  Bunch said Terri called 911 when Sanchez showed up at her house wired "trying to talk to about something".  He also said Rudy Sanchez is an AKA (alias).

<snip>

Let's look at MCSO:

Kyron Horman case: Lead investigator Keith Krafve

http://www.katu.com/news/local/121985859.html

<snip>

There are 68 binders filled with 4,500 leads that investigators like Sgt. Keith Krafve, the lead detective, have spent 11 months following and piecing together. Krafve says they still receive tips, including one from the state of Maine on the day a reporter was allowed into the epicenter of the investigation.

<snip>

KEITH KRAFVE: Swimming with the sharks.

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-2761-swimming_with_sharks.html

<snip>

April 7, 2000: Inside a fifth-floor courtroom in the Multnomah County courthouse downtown, Detective Krafve is sitting on the witness stand during Bryant's long-postponed bail hearing. Jenny Cooke faces him.

Cooke: "Has any other person that you've talked to during the course of your investigation told you that Jimmy Bryant is the shooter?"

Krafve: "Other than Humberto Castro?"

Cooke: "Right."

Krafve: "I don't believe so."

Cooke: "Have other witnesses or people with information told you or any other law-enforcement officials that Humberto Castro was the shooter?"

Krafve: "Yes." He then names five people but notes that Castro's credibility was bolstered with detailed knowledge of the crime.

Could he know details because he was the shooter?

Krafve: "That's possible."

<snip>

The defense team suspected there must be some reason Castro wasn't charged with murder--and, according to Martinek, they were right. The shark was singing.

Besides blowing the whistle on Bryant, Clark and the three other people who'd helped him dispose of Pawloski and Schneider's corpses, Castro solved a 1998 shooting death of a former associate. Soon after Castro's arrest, documents show, he told detectives the 18-year-old man was killed when he, Castro and four other cronies robbed two Clackamas pot growers. With Castro's account the two growers were charged with murder, while Castro's four surviving cohorts were slapped with robbery indictments.

Castro's information burnished his credibility and made him more valuable as a witness than as a defendant.

<snip>

Detectives Bob Peterson and Keith Krafve declined to be interviewed for this article; Krafve cited the pending lawsuit.

<snip>

Krafve and Peterson did not write a report of their conversation with the Ford family. Krafve later said he might not have believed their allegation that Castro confessed to the killing.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=14934

<snip>

Bryant now contends that the Multnomah County sheriff’s deputy and a Gresham city police officer who headed the investigation into the Schneider-Pawloski slayings sat on information that would have cleared him a lot sooner.

Bryant has filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court claiming that the two investigators violated his civil rights by failing to provide the district attorney with information about witness interviews that would have resulted in the charges against him being dropped.

<snip>

I think it's time that MCSO bring Kyron home, IMO.  an angelic monkey

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 12:17:58 PM »

I keep hoping that someone is going to stumble across his remains. 

Terri knows and I wish I felt like he'll be found, but I don't. IMO Kyron's remains are 'gone'...she made sure of that.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 07:24:16 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

This photo bring tears and warm fuzzies to me.

Thank-you to Blonde, for downloading the photo 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 08:33:01 AM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Kyron-Horman-Desiree-Young-Kain-Horman-Terri-Horman-civil-lawsuit-156159635.html

Kyron Horman's mom plans to file civil suit against Terri Horman
By Colin Miner, John Tierney and Anna Canzano KATU News Published: May 31, 2012 at 11:00 PM PDT Last Updated: May 31, 2012 at 11:47 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. - Desiree Young, the mother of missing boy, Kyron Horman, plans to file a civil suit against the boy's stepmother, Terri Horman.

The lawsuit, which sources tell KATU News will be filed on Friday, accuses Horman of "custodial interference."

Under Oregon law, custodial interference involves keeping a person from their legal custodian "permanently or for a protracted period."

It's not clear what evidence Young will lay out in her lawsuit.

It's also important to note that this civil suit is different from a criminal indictment and was not brought by prosecutors. There is a lower burden of proof to find someone guilty in a civil suit compared to a criminal trial.

In a criminal case a defendant must be found guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt." However, in a civil case a defendant must only be found guilty based on a "preponderance of evidence."

"I explain to people as if you have a scale and drop one grain of sand on the scale, that's all you have to show for preponderance of the evidence. So it's a very low standard," said family law attorney Drew Bobzien. Bobzien is not involved with the Young lawsuit.

Young and her attorneys are filing the lawsuit now because there is a two-year statute of limitations on bringing a suit. Kyron was reported missing on June 4, 2010.

Even with the lawsuit, we shouldn't expect to see Terri Horman take the stand and testify about the case. She'll be protected by the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution against incriminating herself because she could still face criminal charges in the case.

"There isn't really any reason to think that any kind of evidence would shake out of the tree," Bobzien said.

Anything Horman says in a civil case could ultimately be used against her in a potential criminal case.

A judge, however, could allow the civil trial to proceed without Horman's testimony, which would make it difficult for her to defend herself.

Law enforcement sources told KATU that members of the Kyron Horman task force met once again on Thursday morning to discuss the latest developments in the case.

Kaine Horman Reacts: 'The gloves are off'

In reaction to the expected civil lawsuit, Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, said standing next to the Wall of Hope, "I think at this point in time, the gloves are off."

He says by nature, he's a patient person. But his patience is worn thin when it comes to the unanswered questions about his son and what happened to him - answers he believes Terri Horman holds.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »

Good for them, IMO
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.