March 29, 2024, 12:39:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #44 4/11/12 - 1/1/14  (Read 535892 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 02:51:45 PM »

That's correct cw! 4:30 EST and 1:30 PST.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 04:06:24 PM »

I, along with many people have been waiting for this for a long time. Desiree is doing everything right.  an angelic monkey

I've bitten my nails down and I don't typically bite my nails. I'm so looking forward to the evidence they present.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 04:34:34 PM »

pressers about to start

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2012, 04:50:11 PM »

Highlights of presser:

Desiree:My Kyron has always been my comfort and joy We are living through a nightmare! I hope that I am wrong but I feel he is gone forever. I feel Terri is responsible. In this lawsuit I am compelling Terri to tell me where Kyron is. I'm asking for  money damages. The money will be donated.

I will pursue anything or anyone that helped Terri. It's time for Terri to take responsibility.

Rosenthal: To date there has been no indictment. There are 2 justice systems. The civil justice system will allow us to find Kyron. I will be able to subpoena what you can't in a criminal case. It will compel Terri to return Kyron. The demand is for $10 million dollars. Will amend the case for punitive damages. We will pursue anyone that helped her. They DEMAND that Terri tell them where Kyron is.

It could take a year if she fights the case. Terri will have 30 days to respond.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2012, 04:59:19 PM »

Mother files lawsuit saying Terri Horman kidnapped Kyron
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Desiree-Young-files-lawsuit-saying-Terri-Horman-kidnapped-Kyron-Horman-156429105.html
Edit to add date of article publication.  MB   June 1, 2012
PORTLAND, Ore. – The mother of Kyron Horman, the young boy who vanished two years ago, filed a lawsuit against the boy’s stepmother on Friday claiming that she is “responsible for the disappearance of Kyron.”

In the lawsuit, Desiree Young directly asserts that Terri Horman kidnapped Kyron. The suit also claims Horman “intentionally interfered with [Young’s] parental rights and that Terri Horman intentionally inflicted severe emotional distress.”

The suit goes on to say that Young “seeks the return of her son and seeks compensatory damages.”

<snipped>
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:24:03 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2012, 05:01:04 PM »

Kyron Horman's mother sues Terri Horman for $10 million
http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story/Kyron-Hormans-mother-sues-Terri-Horman-for-10/mfnIkdO-r0eq_zLlR4AC1A.cspx
Edit to add date article published.   MB  June 1, 2012

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:25:16 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2012, 05:03:54 PM »

Lots of tweets about the suit here: https://twitter.com/#!/KATUNews

Including:
Rosenthal: Suit filed due to pending expiration of statute of limitations.

Rosenthal: "No amount of money is enough" to compensate Desiree, but they had to name an amount ($10 million).

Rosenthal: Case could take a year to come to trial if Terri mounts a "strong defense."

Answers to questions: Rosen: No matter if Terri pleads the 5th, case will continue. Young: Confident in case, charges can be brought.

Rosenthal at #KyronHorman press conf: "We will aggressively search for information" about others that may be involved.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »

Thank you Brandi!  Sure have missed you!  an angelic monkey

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2012, 05:20:58 PM »

Good to see Desiree sticking in there.

Unfortunately, I missed the conference, but found this shot I cropped of her and her attorney on the way to the conference.

I believe Kyle Iboshi from KGW posted it in his twitter originally. (https://twitter.com/KyleIboshi/status/208660537117118464/photo/1/large)

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »

I missed you, too!  Smile

Thanks, Sassi, Brandi, & wonderful Monkey's, for the updates, photo's, Press links.
 ::justice2NJ::

If anyone is interested:

'Monkey Rizzy'

"Whos Who"

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8168.60

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2012, 06:38:46 PM »

You're welcome seahorse! Doesn't Desiree look wonderful?  an angelic monkey

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Desiree-Young-files-lawsuit-saying-Terri-Horman-kidnapped-Kyron-Horman-156429105.html

Mother files lawsuit saying Terri Horman kidnapped Kyron
By KATU.com Staff Published: Jun 1, 2012 at 1:13 PM PDT Last Updated: Jun 1, 2012 at 2:43 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. – The mother of Kyron Horman, the young boy who vanished two years ago, filed a lawsuit against the boy’s stepmother on Friday claiming that she is “responsible for the disappearance of Kyron.”

In the lawsuit, Desiree Young directly asserts that Terri Horman kidnapped Kyron. The suit also claims Horman “intentionally interfered with [Young’s] parental rights and that Terri Horman intentionally inflicted severe emotional distress.”

The suit goes on to say that Young “seeks the return of her son and seeks compensatory damages.

Terri Horman was the last person known to see Kyron alive at Skyline School on June 4, 2010. She has long been the focus of the investigation into his whereabouts, although she has never been formally named a criminal suspect.

::snipping2::

"I haven't been able to see my son, hug him, kiss him or tuck him into bed," she said. "I hope that I'm wrong but I fear that he is gone forever. I believe Terri Horman knows where Kyron is."

Calls to Terri Horman and both her criminal and divorce attorneys for comment have not yet been returned. Nobody answered the door at her house in Roseburg, Ore.

In the suit, Young’s lawyers wrote that Terri Horman “feigned ignorance of the circumstances surrounding the disappearance” and “lied to investigating authorities and to the media regarding her activities on June 4, 2010.”

"I don't want Terri's money," she said. "I want Terri to face justice."

Civil lawsuits involve a lower burden of proof to be found guilty than criminal indictments.

"There are tools available to me that will allow us to peel away the mystery surrounding Kyron's disappearance," he said.

Rosenthal and his team will have to prove that Horman took Kyron with the intent to hold him “permanently or for a protracted period.”

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2012, 06:46:13 PM »

What will Houze' move be? Will he have Terri plead the 5th? 

I'm sure of one thing, Desiree is not going to give up. She is determined to find Kyron, one way or another. I think we know that TH most likely doesn't have a pot to pee in as far as money, and I'm sure Desiree and Rosenthal are aware of that. IMO, I think it's about working around criminally charged barriers to bring her son home.Hence, the civil suit.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2012, 06:49:20 PM »

I'm sure of one thing, Desiree is not going to give up. She is determined to find Kyron, one way or another. I think we know that TH most likely doesn't have a pot to pee in as far as money, and I'm sure Desiree and Rosenthal are aware of that. IMO, I think it's about working around criminally charged barriers to bring her son home.Hence, the civil suit.

Agreed    And Houze will probably have Terri plead the 5th.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2012, 03:50:51 AM »

Good to see Desiree sticking in there.

Unfortunately, I missed the conference, but found this shot I cropped of her and her attorney on the way to the conference.

I believe Kyle Iboshi from KGW posted it in his twitter originally. (https://twitter.com/KyleIboshi/status/208660537117118464/photo/1/large)

Brandi - TY for the picture - I hardly recognized Desiree.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2012, 03:54:38 AM »

Agreed    And Houze will probably have Terri plead the 5th.  JMHO

That's what I was thinking, too...as long as MCSO has not formally cleared Terri, she won't be making any statements. 

Desiree asserts that "Terri" "kidnapped" Kyron.  Last I remember (it's fuzzy ha ha), Terri left Kyron at school and MCSO said there were witnesses that say Kryon after Terri left.  Kyron disappeared from school...on the school's watch.  Right?

Can't wait to see how this develops and how/what can be presented to "prove" that Terri kidnapped Kyron.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/06/kyron_hormans_mother_seeking_t.html

Kyron Horman's mother, seeking to 'peel away layers of mystery,' sues Terri Moulton Horman for $10 million
Published: Friday, June 01, 2012, 6:16 PM     Updated: Saturday, June 02, 2012, 12:14 AM

With no indictment or arrest in the two-year disappearance of Kyron Horman, the boy's mother Friday turned to civil court, filing a lawsuit that contends Kyron's stepmother kidnapped the boy and asks a judge to compel her to bring him back, or divulge where his body was taken.

Terri Horman's lawyer, Stephen Houze, said he would not respond until he had thoroughly read the civil complaint.

Rosenthal pledged to aggressively use all the tools afforded to him in a civil case "to peel away the layers of mystery surrounding Kyron's disappearance," and to add more names to the suit if others are responsible. He said he will issue subpoenas for witnesses to testify under oath, and compel the production of documents, such as e-mails and text messages.

"There are some cases that require victims of wrongs to use the civil justice system," Rosenthal said. "This case is one of them."

The suit contends Terri Horman lied to investigators with "false claims of ignorance" about what happened June 4, 2010.

"Assuming that Kyron is alive, plaintiff is entitled to the return of her son," the suit says. "If Kyron is dead, plaintiff is entitled to the return of his remains."

Although Terri Horman can invoke her right not to incriminate herself in the civil case, Rosenthal said he doesn't expect that or an ongoing criminal inquiry to impede the suit.

Kaine Horman's divorce case has been delayed for two years, with the next court date set for October. Terri Horman's lawyer had argued that a parallel divorce case, while the criminal inquiry proceeds, would jeopardize his client's Fifth Amendment rights not to incriminate herself.

Kaine Horman is not involved in Young's civil suit and was not consulted by Young beforehand. But Friday he applauded the effort.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2012, 09:31:24 AM »

I'm curious if Rudy Sanchez, aka who the heck knows, will be receiving a subpena. Also, Dede Spicher.

I'm so proud of Desiree having the strength to go forward with this civil suit. 

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2012, 09:37:38 AM »

I see District Attorney Underhill up on the steps. 

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2012/06/kyron_horman_lawsuit_3.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2012, 09:39:36 AM »

I'm curious if Rudy Sanchez, aka who the heck knows, will be receiving a subpena. Also, Dede Spicher.

Rudy and Dede definitely come to mind imo, 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2012, 09:41:03 AM »

Rudy and Dede definitely come to mind imo, 

Maybe we'll find out his "real" name! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.