March 28, 2024, 07:27:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #44 4/11/12 - 1/1/14  (Read 535870 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2012, 09:41:38 AM »

Oops. Got in your box Muffy. So sorry!

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2012, 09:56:43 AM »

Maybe we'll find out his "real" name! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2012, 11:56:26 AM »

PDF file of the law suit:

http://katubim.s3.amazonaws.com/Terri%20Horman%20Lawsuit.pdf

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2012, 12:45:31 PM »

This may give you an idea of what Rosenthal's procedure may be. Apparently he was/is on the Multnomah County Court task force on civil jury practices. It's pretty informative IMO.

http://courts.oregon.gov/Multnomah/docs/CivilCourt/CivilJuryTrials_RecommendedPracticesForCivilJuryTrials.pdf

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2012, 03:29:46 PM »

Thank you Sassifras.  I made a thread and posted the link in it for reference. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13181.0
Desiree Young V. Terri Moulton Horman Lawsuit PDF file

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2012, 03:47:21 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kyron-horman-missing-boys-mother-sues-stepmother/story?id=16481243
Kyron Horman: Missing Boy's Mother Files $10 Million Lawsuit Against Stepmother
June 2, 2012

Video at Link

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2012, 04:14:59 PM »

Thank you Sassifras.  I made a thread and posted the link in it for reference. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13181.0
Desiree Young V. Terri Moulton Horman Lawsuit PDF file

Oh! Good idea! Thanks you Muffy! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2012, 06:29:19 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Photos-Kaine-Horman-hosts-Run-for-Kyron-156739625.html

Photos: Kaine Horman hosts 'Run for Kyron'

Kaine Horman hosted the second annual Run for Kyron at Cook Park in Tigard on Saturday, June 2, 2012. Kaine's son, Kyron, has been missing since 2010 and the event is part of the father's effort to keep up the spirit of hope.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2012, 06:41:16 PM »

In the picture in the above post, I'm assuming that Kaine is holding Kiara's hand.

My how she's grown; still a cutie!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »

In the picture in the above post, I'm assuming that Kaine is holding Kiara's hand.

My how she's grown; still a cutie!

Hi puzzler!   

You're right. Kiara has really grown up! I sure pray that all of this is being kept at a minimum to her until she gets older. She sure does look like a mini Terri though. Just saying...

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2012, 07:11:43 PM »

Oh, I see Kaines father in the back also.

Thanks for posting those Klaas.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2012, 10:34:38 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/01/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
George Zimmerman Ordered Back to Jail
Aired June 1, 2012 - 19:00   ET

::snipping2::
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DESIREE YOUNG, MOTHER OF KYRON HORMAN: Kyron, we love you and we miss you. We remain here working hard every day to get you home.

KAINE HORMAN, FATHER OF KYRON HORMAN: He`s still out there. He`s still out there. We just need to find him.

YOUNG: There is one person that knows where he is. Terri Horman, where is Kyron?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You have to get on the stand and plead the fifth and you can`t tell exactly what happened or didn`t happen. If the truth -- if you put the truth out there and it`s not incriminating, then why wouldn`t she say what happened?

YOUNG: If I ever confronted her, if she would ever give me that chance, I would talk to her and I would talk to her about the fact that Kyron never asked a thing of her except for her to love him.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She wants Kyron to know she`ll never of stop looking.

YOUNG: I have to do this. I have to do it each and every day because, if I don`t, who`s going to?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, a new development in the mystery surrounding the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman. You remember this case. We covered it so much.

It`s been two long years since little Kyron vanished from his school science fair. And now Kyron`s biological mother is putting the heat on the one person she believes knows what happened to Kyron, his stepmother Terri Horman.

Kyron vanished two years ago Monday after attending a school science fair in Portland. Stepmom Terri Horman brought him to school that day. She was the last person to see him.

Well, tonight Kyron`s mother is suing stepmom Terri Horman, -- you see stepmom right there -- for custodial interference because Desiree Young, the mother, says she believes the stepmom Terri Horman had something to do with her son`s disappearance.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

YOUNG: I hope everyday that Kyron comes through the door and that we find him ok. I want that with everything. But with the information and the evidence I have been presented against Terri, I`m confident that she probably did something to him.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Terri Horman has never officially been called a suspect or even arrested in this case. We reached out to her attorneys but have not heard back. Kyron`s dad is trying to divorce her, but it`s stuck in the courts right now.

During this investigation, Kyron`s dad found out that his former bodybuilding wife -- you see Terri there -- even allegedly tried to hire someone to kill him and she that also had a sexting fling with a gardener.

Straight out to Bruce McCain, attorney and former captain with a sheriff`s office -- very, very knowledgeable on this case; tonight, Bruce, what do we know about this lawsuit Kyron`s mother has filed?

BRUCE MCCAIN, ATTORNEY: Well, Jane, we haven`t actually seen it because it hasn`t yet quite been released to the public. But I can tell you already there`s going to be some major substantive problems for Desiree. Oregon actually has a statute that allows for a civil suit for custodial interference but it piggybacks on the criminal statute. It requires Desiree to do what the prosecutors have been unwilling to do and that`s actually to prove Terri Horman committed a crime.

And one of the elements that`s going to be very difficult in this case is that the first-degree custodial interference that Desiree has to prove requires a showing that Kyron was taken out of state. That`s going to be virtually impossible.

It also has a six-year statute of limitations. So we`re still curious why the lawyers are saying we had to do this right away. This really looks like it`s more along the lines of Kaine`s civil suit two years ago of trying to force Terri into some kind of a deposition, which she`ll never do; and to try to get some information out of her.

The likelihood of success in this is not very good.

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And Kaine is the father, by the way. Just for those who are unaware of all the players, Kaine is the dad.

MCCAIN: That`s right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Police told us today that this is not a cold case and that there`s a detective assigned to Kyron`s case. They wouldn`t comment on Terri Horman. Kyron`s mom has repeatedly made statements that she believes stepmom Terri had something to do with her son`s disappearance.

Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

YOUNG: Terri, I feel like you are at a crossroads in your life. This is not going to get any easier for you. The police will not stop until they find Kyron. You will go to jail, and whoever has been helping you will either have to talk, or they will go to jail.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We reached out to Terri Horman`s attorney, didn`t get a call back. He and/or Terri invited on our show anytime.

Straight out to the Victoria Taft, host of "The Victoria Taft Show"; what do you make of this lawsuit?

VICTORIA TAFT, HOST, "THE VICTORIA TAFT SHOW": Well, it looks to me Jane, as if it`s a place holder for something that is coming down the pipe. Maybe throwing everything against the wall and at least putting her marker down and saying, ok, something`s got to happen. Maybe they`re hoping that something will shake loose, some information. Maybe it will light a fire under the new district attorney who`s coming on board fairly soon. Maybe someone will say, we`ve got to do something, I know some information, and maybe they`ll call in, Jane.

I mean I`m just hoping.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hey, it`s Friday. I think we all deserve a laugh break.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(LAUGH BREAK)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

YOUNG: I know that she hates Kyron, just hates him. And we see a lot of writing from her communicating that she did not like him and did not want him in her life. And I just feel now, over a year later I just feel like she probably harmed him.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Kyron lived for the most part with his father and his stepmother Terri and their young daughter. Kyron`s biological mom Desiree would see him on weekends.

Desiree says she never realized how Terri felt about her son. Essentially Desiree feels that Terri hated her son. The stepmom took the 5th before a grand jury. She`s been questioned by police but she`s never been arrested.

Joe Episcopo, criminal defense attorney, she`s been silent. She`s been the focus of the investigation but she`s never been charged with anything. Is this one of these -- and I hate to say this because it breaks my heart -- no body, no case?

JOE EPISCOPO, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, as far as the civil suit, she`s going to take the 5th amendment. They`re not going to get anywhere on that. Even if they win $1 million they are probably never going to collect it. So I don`t think they -- you know, they don`t have a case either way.

Maybe they should have thought about the civil suit against the school. But I just think they`re going to have problems just because they say, well, she didn`t like the kid. That`s not enough to get a conviction in criminal court.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Listen, over the past two years Kyron`s mom, Desiree, has resigned herself to the fact that her son is probably dead. She wants somebody to pay for it.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

YOUNG: I just want her to see his face every single day. I want her reminded every single day of what she`s done. I want her to suffer. I want her to suffer as much as Kyron has.

And those billboards are a reminder that I will never stop. I won`t stop until we find him.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Kyron`s dad and stepmother were standing at the school bus stop on the afternoon of June 4 waiting for Kyron to get off the bus. And he never did. There is the father and there is the biological mother. They had split up a long time ago when Kaine was living with the stepmother. They have since split up and they are in the midst of an ugly, ugly divorce.

Pat Brown, criminal profiler, will we ever learn the truth about what happened to this precious young boy?

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Well, it`s like every one of these other cold, cold, cold cases. They don`t have any physical evidence. They have suspicions. They have beliefs. I`m sure they are looking at Terri Horman. No question about it. But they`ve got nothing to work with that would lead to any kind of a prosecution.

So, unless something pops up one day, that`s not going to happen. And the civil suit, in my opinion, is kind of ridiculous because the only way to prove that she interfered with anything is to prove that she murdered the child.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)
 ::snipping2::

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2012, 12:39:23 AM »

Great diggin' Sassi!  Don't throw all the nanners at once but I'm gonna say MOO again!  I still think Terri doesn't know what happened to Ky but she does know who and why!  I think she got way too deep in Sanchez' private, possibly criminally evil world!  I believe he threatened to take/harm one of her children if she ever left him and/or snitched him out to LE!  I don't think she harmed Kyron directly but does believe that Sanchez lured/kidnapped him from school, harmed him and disposed of him.  She may believe that her life/her daughter's life/or the life of her parents will be done the same way if she talks to LE!  I guess the proof would be to look at what Mr. Sanchez and all his AKA's have gotten away with up till now!  She's not right at all and may have allowed a crime against a child to take place just to save face but I do think she is scared chitless and may even feel that her baby girl is much more safe with Kaine!  All MOO!
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2012, 12:44:43 AM »

Meant to say great work Sassi and all the great Monkey's keeping our little Kyron right here with us.  I'm no great article scanner nor can I always bring a link over so I really appreciate what everyone here does!!!!!!
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2012, 09:05:13 AM »

Great diggin' Sassi!  Don't throw all the nanners at once but I'm gonna say MOO again!  I still think Terri doesn't know what happened to Ky but she does know who and why!  I think she got way too deep in Sanchez' private, possibly criminally evil world!  I believe he threatened to take/harm one of her children if she ever left him and/or snitched him out to LE!  I don't think she harmed Kyron directly but does believe that Sanchez lured/kidnapped him from school, harmed him and disposed of him.  She may believe that her life/her daughter's life/or the life of her parents will be done the same way if she talks to LE!  I guess the proof would be to look at what Mr. Sanchez and all his AKA's have gotten away with up till now!  She's not right at all and may have allowed a crime against a child to take place just to save face but I do think she is scared chitless and may even feel that her baby girl is much more safe with Kaine!  All MOO!

BBM

No nanners melisb

I think it's a good possibility that you may be correct. I'm praying that this civil suit will bring out the cockroaches that have been in hiding.

I think we can say, without a doubt, IMO, that Terri is not going to say chit. Houze would be a looney tune to allow her to speak even though he can't force her to remain silent. She does have a choice to step forward and tell the court everything she knows, but most likely, that's not going to happen. JMO.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »

I was thinking about the likely hood of subpoenaing text records after 2 years so I went digging and this is what I found. IIRC Kaine and Terri have/had Verizon.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2011/09/retentionpolicy.pdf

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2012, 11:47:56 AM »

Does anyone know what Terri is doing now ?
She still hiding a ther parents house ?
I also hope that something shakes some evidence loose.
I can't believe that she hasn't seen her Kiara for two years and hasn't made a legal move to do so. ( As far as I know ).
I used to think that maybe she didn't have anything to do with this, but the silence speaks for itself.  Just my opinion. 
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2012, 01:27:17 PM »

TY sass and monkeys for the updates

can the poly/LDT,be used as evidence in a civil suit

and seeing Kiara, is heartbreaking,its nice to see she looks
happy,but i cant believe or understand how her mother has
made the choice to stay out of her life,and it must be so difficult
for parents of missing children,not to be freaked out when,they
are out in a crowd,or just out and about with the other child,
children, i would be paranoid all the time,and so over protective
it would drive the kid and me nuts

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2012, 01:37:24 PM »

IIRC, I believe we found out when the divorce case documents were flowing that not only can a LDT not be used in a civil case (cannot be used in "court"), but in one of Houze's responses he chastised one of Kaine's filings because it "mentioned" LDT which is against the law in a "formal document" because an LDT cannot be used in court.
Edit to add "not".  MB
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:31:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2012, 01:38:06 PM »

IIRC, I believe we found out when the divorce case documents were flowing that not only can a LDT not be used in a civil case (cannot be used in "court"), but in one of Houze's responses he chastised one of Kaine's filings because it "mentioned" LDT which is against the law in a "formal document" because an LDT cannot be used in court.
Edit to add "not".  MB

LDT can "not" be used in a civil case...(sorry for leaving out a word)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:32:01 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.