March 28, 2024, 07:58:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #44 4/11/12 - 1/1/14  (Read 535871 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2012, 01:56:29 PM »

puzzler:

I'm curious if Terri's admission to people that she failed a lie detector test can be used though.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2012, 02:33:24 PM »

TY sass and monkeys for the updates

can the poly/LDT,be used as evidence in a civil suit

and seeing Kiara, is heartbreaking,its nice to see she looks
happy,but i cant believe or understand how her mother has
made the choice to stay out of her life,and it must be so difficult
for parents of missing children,not to be freaked out when,they
are out in a crowd,or just out and about with the other child,
children, i would be paranoid all the time,and so over protective
it would drive the kid and me nuts

IIRC, I believe we found out when the divorce case documents were flowing that not only can a LDT not be used in a civil case (cannot be used in "court"), but in one of Houze's responses he chastised one of Kaine's filings because it "mentioned" LDT which is against the law in a "formal document" because an LDT cannot be used in court.
Edit to add "not".  MB

LDT can "not" be used in a civil case...(sorry for leaving out a word)

Puzzler, please check and see if this is how your posts should read. (I added "not" in blue) 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »

puzzler:

I'm curious if Terri's admission to people that she failed a lie detector test can be used though.

No...not in a "court of law".

Remember when Kaine filed his sworn affidavit in the divorce case and they mentioned LDT in that filing (maybe twice) and when Houze responded to Kaine's filing, Houze made it clear that it is "against the law" to mention the LDT because LDTs are not allowed in court.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2012, 03:05:25 PM »

TY sass and monkeys for the updates

can the poly/LDT,be used as evidence in a civil suit

and seeing Kiara, is heartbreaking,its nice to see she looks
happy,but i cant believe or understand how her mother has
made the choice to stay out of her life,and it must be so difficult
for parents of missing children,not to be freaked out when,they
are out in a crowd,or just out and about with the other child,
children, i would be paranoid all the time,and so over protective
it would drive the kid and me nuts

IIRC, I believe we found out when the divorce case documents were flowing that not only can a LDT not be used in a civil case (cannot be used in "court"), but in one of Houze's responses he chastised one of Kaine's filings because it "mentioned" LDT which is against the law in a "formal document" because an LDT cannot be used in court.
Edit to add "not".  MB

LDT can "not" be used in a civil case...(sorry for leaving out a word)

Puzzler, please check and see if this is how your posts should read. (I added "not" in blue) 

Muffy - TY - yes that's the way I meant for it to look - again, thank you.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2012, 04:46:26 PM »

Does Kaine Horman think his son, Kyron, is still alive? 'Yes, ma'am, I sure do,' he says
Published: Sunday, June 03, 2012, 10:00 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/06/does_kaine_horman_think_his_so.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Kaine Horman will not be at work Monday on the second anniversary of the disappearance of his son Kyron Horman.

He's reserving the day for media interviews about his son, who was last seen June 4, 2010. Over the past two years, Horman has spent countless hours reminding the public that his son is missing and that he's focused on finding him. The latest event was held Saturday, with a Run for Kyron at Cook's Park in Tigard.

The case captured the national spotlight for months as investigators searched for signs of the boy who disappeared from his elementary school, drawing attention from people as far away as Europe. His story has fallen below the radar, but Horman does everything he can to draw public awareness.

He thinks every public event -- and more are planned through the summer -- could help resolve the case.

Does he think Kyron is still alive?

"Yes, ma'am, I sure do," Horman said.

<snipped>

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2012, 02:41:37 AM »

http://www.ajamie.com/files/Uploads/Documents/Article%20on%205th%20Amendment%20from%20Fall%20Issue%20(ELJ).pdf

Asserting the Fifth Amendment in Civil Proceedings

By Dona Szak

Published in Energy Litigation, Volume 10, Number 1, Fall 2010. © 2010 by the American Bar Association.

(snip)  Invoking the Fifth Amendment in a Deposition

The discovery stage of civil litigation presents the first potential pitfall

for the actual or potential criminal defendant. Must he or she submit to

a deposition? The defendant indeed is required to appear for a deposition,

and, cannot use the existence of parallel criminal proceedings or his or her

fear of criminal proceedings, to avoid giving a deposition. Nevertheless, the

defendant may assert his or her rights under the Fifth Amendment and decline

to answer specific questions that he or she reasonably believes could be used in

a criminal prosecution or could lead to other evidence that might be so used.10

The witness need not have been actually accused of a crime to invoke this

right.  (snip)

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2012, 03:15:08 AM »

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Run-for-Kyron-held-Saturday-156880455.html

During the video:

Kaine says they tried to use the divorce proceeding to get information and was unable to to it they way they wanted.

House is expected to put out a statement sometime on Monday.
Edit to fix typo per puzzler.  MB

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:02:23 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2012, 03:15:51 AM »

Today marks the 2nd anniversary of the day Kyron went missing.  Sigh...

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2012, 03:17:49 AM »

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Run-for-Kyron-held-Saturday-156880455.html

During the video:

Kaine says they tried to use the divorce proceeding to get information and was unable to to it they way they wanted.

House is expected to put out a statement sometime on Monday.

I'm sorry...meant to say....tried to use the divorce proceeding to get infomration and was UNable to do it...
Fixed.  MB
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:03:09 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2012, 08:49:42 AM »

Thank you for that info puzzler wrt pleading the 5th in a civil case. 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2012, 08:53:26 AM »

The last known photo of Kyron, taken on June 4, 2010. 

I pray that Kyron comes home soon and that he gets the justice he deserves.  an angelic monkey

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2012, 08:57:01 AM »

an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2012, 09:01:46 AM »

Oh Sassi, my thanks to you was the only comment directed at you!!!!  The next paragraph sould have been on another line. I was just runnin at the mouth for no one. I'm sorry, it looked like it was meant for you.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2012, 09:12:29 AM »

Oh Sassi, my thanks to you was the only comment directed at you!!!!  The next paragraph sould have been on another line. I was just runnin at the mouth for no one. I'm sorry, it looked like it was meant for you.

Silly melisb. I didn't take it that way my friend. 

TnMuse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »

Great diggin' Sassi!  Don't throw all the nanners at once but I'm gonna say MOO again!  I still think Terri doesn't know what happened to Ky but she does know who and why!  I think she got way too deep in Sanchez' private, possibly criminally evil world!  I believe he threatened to take/harm one of her children if she ever left him and/or snitched him out to LE!  I don't think she harmed Kyron directly but does believe that Sanchez lured/kidnapped him from school, harmed him and disposed of him.  She may believe that her life/her daughter's life/or the life of her parents will be done the same way if she talks to LE!  I guess the proof would be to look at what Mr. Sanchez and all his AKA's have gotten away with up till now!  She's not right at all and may have allowed a crime against a child to take place just to save face but I do think she is scared chitless and may even feel that her baby girl is much more safe with Kaine!  All MOO!
I have a MOO too.  According to Terri the bell went off and she watched Kyron head toward his classroom and then turned around and left.  While Tanner was coming up the stairs to the classroom, he saw Kyron going down saying he was going to see the "cool electric one".  The time is too short for anyone other than Terri to have told Kyron about the "cool electric one".  Terri sent him to his fate.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2012, 12:56:41 AM »

Age-progression image shows Kyron Horman at age 9
By KVAL News Published: Jun 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. - Kyron Horman would be 9 years old now that two years have passed since he was last seen June 4, 2010.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children produced an age-progressed image showing what Kyron might look like two years after he disappeared.

Kyron was 7 years old when he was last seen at a pre-class science fair at Skyline Elementary School on the outskirts of Portland.

One of the largest manhunts in Oregon history failed to find him.
Adding link per Brandi.  MB http://www.kval.com/news/local/Age-progression-image-shows-Kyron-Horman-at-age-9-157067135.html
<snipped>
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:35:06 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2012, 01:20:07 AM »

PORTLAND, Ore. - Kyron Horman would be 9 years old now that two years have passed since he was last seen June 4, 2010.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children produced an age-progressed image showing what Kyron might look like two years after he disappeared.

Kyron was 7 years old when he was last seen at a pre-class science fair at Skyline Elementary School on the outskirts of Portland.

<snipped>

Was so worried about posting the date of the article, I forgot the link!

http://www.kval.com/news/local/Age-progression-image-shows-Kyron-Horman-at-age-9-157067135.html

So sorry. Thank you Brandi.  I've added it.  MB
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:35:59 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2012, 01:41:33 AM »

Missing' poster shows what Kyron might look like today
Edit to add article publication date.  MB June 4, 2012

http://www.kgw.com/news/Missing-poster-shows-what-Kyron-might-look-like-today-157064035.html

snipped:

"PORTLAND – A new missing boy poster has been created in the search for Kyron Horman, which shows what he might look like now, two years after he vanished, at the age of 7.

The National center for Missing & Exploited Children issued the new missing boy poster Monday, which marked the two-year anniversary of the day he vanished."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:34:11 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2012, 07:11:53 AM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0%2c%2c20601178%2c00.html

Kyron Horman's Room Still Awaits Him – Two Years Later

June 04, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2012, 07:41:25 AM »

Adding link per Brandi.  MB http://www.kval.com/news/local/Age-progression-image-shows-Kyron-Horman-at-age-9-157067135.html
<snipped>

I was looking at the age progression image and it would appear they have Kyron's jaw line more prominent than his pictures show two years ago, which I guess would be normal for a growing young man.  His face just looks so much fuller than I would have imagined. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.