March 28, 2024, 01:02:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #44 4/11/12 - 1/1/14  (Read 535460 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2012, 11:38:47 PM »

Kyron Horman's mother fights two-year civil lawsuit delay
Posted on August 2, 2012 at 12:49 PM Updated today at 2:18 PM

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyron-Hormans-mother-fights-lawsuit-delay-164788256.html

Snipped:

"Desiree Young says in a motion to be filed in court on Thursday that Terri Horman should not be allowed to delay Young's suit by two years.

"She (Young) believes the defendant (Horman) is responsible for the disappearance of her son, and is entitled--under both the United State and Oregon Constitutions--to pursue these claims in a timely manner," the motion reads."

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2012, 11:39:30 PM »

Here's the link to Desiree's motion:

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Motion+to+Abate+-+Response+and+Decl+8-2-12.pdf

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2012, 05:28:13 AM »

Thanks Puzzler! 

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2012, 10:03:56 AM »

Thanks Puzzler!

Did you notice on page 10-11 that James is going into the military in late August? I wonder how that will play out if he's deposed. Can he be deposed while in the military? If he can't, I'm curious if this was a legal maneuver.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »

Video at link

http://www.kptv.com/story/19185419/kyron-hormans-mom-fights-delay-on-civil-suit

Kyron Horman's mom fights delay on civil suit
Posted: Aug 02, 2012 11:01 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 03, 2012 9:27 AM CDT

::snipping2::
The hearing to discuss Terri Horman's motion to delay that civil case is scheduled for Aug. 15.   

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2012, 10:03:57 PM »

I still say, as I have always said..that Terri Horman is dirty in all of this.  If Ms Horman was innocent she would have been ready for the custody trial, the divorce trial and now this civil case..by ready I mean chumping at the bit to have her version, her innocence proclaimed in a court of law.  But instead she has chosen to remain silent, and no longer has a husband, daughter ..nor anyone with a shred of common sense's belief that she did not participate in some way in Kyron's dissappearance.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2012, 01:30:25 AM »

I did notice that James was going into the military in August - meant to point that out...sorry.

At first I wondered if it was a legal tactic...but upon further thought I don't think so now.  It's a big step...for his future...and I'm sure he's spend many months making up his mind on this issue.  I think it will be good for him to get away and get his mind on other things...get some good training - and possibly college after the military.  Terri and her parents all have good educations and I would think they would inspire James.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2012, 01:31:04 AM »

Video at link

http://www.kptv.com/story/19185419/kyron-hormans-mom-fights-delay-on-civil-suit

Kyron Horman's mom fights delay on civil suit
Posted: Aug 02, 2012 11:01 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 03, 2012 9:27 AM CDT

The hearing to discuss Terri Horman's motion to delay that civil case is scheduled for Aug. 15.   

That should be interesting...

Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2012, 10:03:22 PM »

I did notice that James was going into the military in August - meant to point that out...sorry.

At first I wondered if it was a legal tactic...but upon further thought I don't think so now.  It's a big step...for his future...and I'm sure he's spend many months making up his mind on this issue.  I think it will be good for him to get away and get his mind on other things...get some good training - and possibly college after the military.  Terri and her parents all have good educations and I would think they would inspire James.

If Im not mistaken the military will make him go for the court hearing due to the military moto that they are totally honorable or suppose to be
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2012, 11:23:57 AM »

I still say, as I have always said..that Terri Horman is dirty in all of this.  If Ms Horman was innocent she would have been ready for the custody trial, the divorce trial and now this civil case..by ready I mean chumping at the bit to have her version, her innocence proclaimed in a court of law.  But instead she has chosen to remain silent, and no longer has a husband, daughter ..nor anyone with a shred of common sense's belief that she did not participate in some way in Kyron's dissappearance.

GypsyDD, I totally agree.  If I was innocent, I wouldn't want any delay in shouting it from the tallest building.  To be away from my daughter all this time . . . there is no way in h$ll I would tolerate that.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2012, 02:45:45 PM »

I totally agree.

If there is evidence that Terri had anything to do with Kyron's disappearance should she get off because LE is hoping for an unlikely break in the case?  Waiting two more years will indeed have an ill effect on a civil trial perhaps to the complete detriment of any type of justice being served.

IMO Desiree should be allowed to have her voice and evidence heard in a court of law.  She is a victim.  Let's protect her rights, too.  If she's wrong, and her evidence is not strong enough then so be it, Terri's name will be cleared.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2012, 02:38:37 PM »

Judge denies delay of Kyron Horman civil case .
kgw.com

Posted on August 15, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Updated today at 10:37 AM

http://www.kgw.com/news/Hearing-today-on-Kyron-civil-suit-delay-request-166253236.html

PORTLAND -- A judge has denied the motion by missing Portland boy Kyron Horman's stepmother to delay the civil lawsuit filed against her by the boy's mother.

Desiree Young, Kyron Horman's mother, filed the civil suit nearly two years after Kyron Horman went missing.

Terri Horman, the boy's stepmother and the subject of Young's suit, was the last person known to have seen Kyron. He was 7 when he disappeared June 4, 2010. The civil lawsuit accuses Horman of kidnapping Kyron, by herself or with help.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2012, 02:41:31 PM »

Depositions can start as soon as tomorrow.

May God's light of truth shine down upon all actions related to this case.  May Lady Justice be fair and at the ready.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »

Depositions can start as soon as tomorrow.

May God's light of truth shine down upon all actions related to this case.  May Lady Justice be fair and at the ready.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2012, 04:53:34 PM »

Maybe some of the answers will be forthcoming will be praying that someone will tell the truth about what happened etc
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2012, 03:21:43 AM »

http://www.kptv.com/story/19282839/kyron-hormans-mom-seeks-to-avoid-lawsuit-delay

Judge allows lawsuit against Terri Horman to move forward
Aug 15, 2012

(snip)  The case will move forward on Thursday with the deposition of Terri Horman's teenage son James Moulton. (snip)

That Thursday is "tomorrow".

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2012, 02:59:35 PM »

https://twitter.com/kyleiboshi

on-going tweets about this case

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2012, 09:55:21 PM »

I don't subscribe to or whatever do twitter..too old I guess.

Anywho..hoping those that do will keep us upto date on this. 

Poor James..I really wonder how much he knows..certainly if she was an alcoholic he would have seen evidence of that..unless he was already in bed when her drinking statrted.  And since he wasn't there since January of that year..he may not be albe to shed much light on Terri's demeanor after that point..meaning according to reports she sent him to his father..not the other way arround in January.

I see that she was hitting a breaking point..and being an alcoholic she possibly never had a real parenting bond with the younger two..

I think she knows what happened and helped along what happened..but I don't think James can shed much light on the situation..by that time he was removed to his Dad, at her request, I think that's when her life was starting to snowball.  And I do think she was involved in drugs and sex,as well as being an alcoholic and not your everday variety much more indepth and harsher..that's why their was not such a leap for her to imagine hiring someone she could seduce to murder her husband.  I think she was way over the edge of normal behavior and found like friends in drugs and sex..she certainly didn't waste anytime in her sexting once her daughter was taken from her..she was already on to her next conquest...bipolar is what I am imaging with other issues..that manifested in her trying to rid herself of her husband and step son to pursue her dark side..and if she lost her daughter so be it..we have seen no recourse from her to try to regain custody.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »

At the age of 45 I am growing quite fond of Twitter!  In my youth there was only arcade games and the beginning gaming and home computers, very beginning so I have missed out on lots.  Most of you know I'm still computer stupid but Twitter is a little easy to look at but I haven't Tweeted!  Just spectating as usual!  For those that don't have Twitter, here ya go but remember to read from bottom to top!

https://twitter.com/KyleIboshi

Kyle Iboshi ‏@KyleIboshi
Kaine Horman: "It's significantly strengthened their belief that she had involvement in the situation."
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
15 Aug Kyle Iboshi ‏@KyleIboshi
Just released court transcripts from June hearing: Father of Kyron Horman says police have growing evidence against Terri Horman.
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Judge Henry Kantor has denied motion to delay Horman civil case. Suit will move forward with some restrictions
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Judge Kantor: "There is no case like this"
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Judge Kantor says DA's office was asked if they wanted to participate in Horman civil hearing. "They weren't going to take a position"
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Attorney for Terri Horman: "This is an active investigation, with a laser pointed at my client."
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Desiree Young's lawyer argues even if Terri Horman takes the 5th, declines to testify, the civil suit can still move forward
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Desiree Young's lawyer argues civil case should move forward since no indictment has been returned 2+ years after Kyron's disappearance
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Terri Horman's lawyer arguing against civil suit: "Anything she says, exculpatory or not can be used by prosecution…"
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Judge Kantor is actively engaging Terri Horman's civil lawyer with a series of questions during his oral arguments
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
15 Aug K
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »

Here is more:

https://twitter.com/KyleIboshi

Kyle Iboshi ‏@KyleIboshi
Terri Horman civil lawyer: "This case can impede that on-going investigation."
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Terri Horman's civil lawyer Peter Bunch: "This is an active investigation." Says interviews are being conducted in California and elsewhere
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Terri Horman's lawyer argues civil suit cannot move forward while there's on-going criminal investigation into Kyron's disappearance.
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Judge Henry Kantor just entered courtroom. Hearing in session.
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Hearing is expected to last 30 minutes. Desiree Young wants civil suit to move forward. Terri Horman wants civil suit delayed for two years.
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Kyron Horman's mother Desiree Young is seated next to her civil attorney Elden Rosenthal in court. Waiting for hearing to begin at 9:30
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Mother of Kyron Horman, Desiree Young is attending today's hearing to determine whether civil lawsuit should move forward or be delayed
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Terri Horman's civil attorney, Peter Bunch in courtroom. So is Kaine Horman's divorce lawyer Laura Rackner.
Expand
 R
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.