March 28, 2024, 03:19:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #44 4/11/12 - 1/1/14  (Read 535467 times)
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2012, 05:37:38 AM »

Dear Sassi!

Thanks soooooooooo much!

I've been offline for some time... just came back and am amazed and excited by the links you provided, thanks thanks thanks!

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2012, 04:08:42 PM »

This a NEW poster made. Unbelievable! 

Unsolved Mystery?  WTH? IMO, this case has gone cold and they, meaning LE, don't have a clue about what happened to Kyron.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2012, 07:47:56 AM »

This a NEW poster made. Unbelievable! 

Unsolved Mystery?  WTH? IMO, this case has gone cold and they, meaning LE, don't have a clue about what happened to Kyron.

Woke up this morning and realized I forgot the link to the new poster. So sorry.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=506538789377723&set=a.125436494154623.14645.125336750831264&type=1&theater

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #243 on: November 21, 2012, 08:44:58 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/story/20161872/mental-health-records-allowed-in-lawsuit-against-terri-horman

Mental health records allowed in lawsuit against Terri Horman

Posted: Nov 21, 2012 3:40 PM PST Updated: Nov 21, 2012 4:17 PM PST

A protective order issued in the lawsuit filed by Kyron Horman's mother against Terri Horman said mental health records can be used in the case.

The records, however, will not be made public.

The lawsuit was filed by Desiree Young against Kyron's stepmother in June 2012. The boy has been missing since June 4, 2010.

The protective order filed in Multnomah County Circuit Court said any medical records, including but not limited to mental health records, can be used by the prosecution or the defense.

The protective order mandates any such records be sealed in an envelope at the conclusion of the litigation if they are retained in either attorney's files.

They then cannot be reopened except in connection with a subsequent legal malpractice action or other legal proceeding directly related to the current case.

::snipping2::

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #244 on: November 27, 2012, 06:12:30 PM »

BS, IMO. She just wants to know what happened to Kyron. They're not making progress.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/11/kyron_horman_lawsuit_on_hold_a.html

Kyron Horman lawsuit on hold after DA and sheriff move to block it
November 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM, updated November 27, 2012 at 2:08 PM

A Multnomah County judge has granted motions by District Attorney Michael Schrunk and Sheriff Dan Staton to delay Desiree Young's civil lawsuit against Terri Horman.

Norm Frink, chief deputy district attorney, and Elden Rosenthal, Young's civil lawyer, declined comment Tuesday on the development

Ironically, Terri Horman's lawyers had unsuccessfully urged the court to delay the civil proceeding this summer. Terri Horman's lawyers had argued that her constitutional rights would be impaired with a parallel criminal investigation proceeding alongside the civil litigation.

On Monday, Judge Henry Kantor granted the motions to abate the civil proceeding and ordered the motions and affidavits filed by the district attorney and sheriff sealed.

The court had scheduled a hearing for Dec. 14 to hear Young's attorney argue for the court to compel testimony from DeDe Spicher, a friend of Terri Horman.

That hearing now will likely be postponed, under the judge's latest order.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: November 27, 2012, 06:12:59 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyron-Horman-civil-suit-delayed-for-criminal-case-181040821.html

Source: Kyron Horman civil lawsuit will get delayed

Posted on November 27, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Updated today at 2:36 PM

PORTLAND -- The judge in the civil lawsuit involving the disappearance of Kyron Horman was expected to delay those proceedings against Terri Horman as the criminal investigation moves forward, a source told KGW Tuesday.

The source said that the civil case will be delayed for nine months after affidavits were filed by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office and the District Attorney.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2012, 06:14:37 PM »

BS, IMO. She just wants to know what happened to Kyron. They're not making progress.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/11/kyron_horman_lawsuit_on_hold_a.html

Kyron Horman lawsuit on hold after DA and sheriff move to block it
November 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM, updated November 27, 2012 at 2:08 PM

A Multnomah County judge has granted motions by District Attorney Michael Schrunk and Sheriff Dan Staton to delay Desiree Young's civil lawsuit against Terri Horman.

Norm Frink, chief deputy district attorney, and Elden Rosenthal, Young's civil lawyer, declined comment Tuesday on the development

Ironically, Terri Horman's lawyers had unsuccessfully urged the court to delay the civil proceeding this summer. Terri Horman's lawyers had argued that her constitutional rights would be impaired with a parallel criminal investigation proceeding alongside the civil litigation.

On Monday, Judge Henry Kantor granted the motions to abate the civil proceeding and ordered the motions and affidavits filed by the district attorney and sheriff sealed.

The court had scheduled a hearing for Dec. 14 to hear Young's attorney argue for the court to compel testimony from DeDe Spicher, a friend of Terri Horman.

That hearing now will likely be postponed, under the judge's latest order.

I agree,Sassifrass.....what is moving forward????  And now, when the civil trial is to get going.  hmmmm

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2012, 07:09:41 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/11/multnomah_county_sheriff_cites.html

Multnomah County sheriff cites new 'investigative avenues' in case of missing Kyron Horman

on November 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM, updated November 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM

"There are a couple of investigative pieces that are going to open up," Staton told The Oregonian Tuesday. "Our belief is they're going to open up several investigative doors."

He said the new "investigative avenues" are based on information collected in the early phase of the investigation that are now yielding some results.

The sheriff said it does not include cell phone data or e-mails.

Multnomah County Sheriff's Lt. Ned Walls, who oversees the investigators handling the case, said Tuesday, "We have some new leads, yes, and we have furtherance of old leads.''

"The case is still progressing, still evolving,'' Walls said.

Underhill requested the motions be sealed, citing the continuing criminal investigation, court records show.

"Premature disclosure of the information contained in these documents could jeopardize that ongoing investigation,'' Underhill wrote. "Sealing these documents is in the best interests of justice, will preserve the integrity of the investigation, and will promote the safety of the witnesses involved.''

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2012, 04:14:42 AM »

It sounds like MCSO/DA has provided the Court with "reason" for the judge to make a decision to delay the civil case.  hmmm....9 months...?means? that the MCSO will have some new information wrt the criminal case by then?

What could be something that is "opening up" soon, but that reverts back to the beginning of the case?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #249 on: November 28, 2012, 09:41:52 AM »

Look at the Monkey hat and glasses! 

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2012, 09:53:23 AM »

It sounds like MCSO/DA has provided the Court with "reason" for the judge to make a decision to delay the civil case.  hmmm....9 months...?means? that the MCSO will have some new information wrt the criminal case by then?

What could be something that is "opening up" soon, but that reverts back to the beginning of the case?

Hi Puzzler!   

Maybe statements made by someone early on didn't check out when they did a further investigation, or a new witness that contradicts some prior statements?

So they're saying that future potential deposition witnesses to the civil suit "may" jeopardize the ongoing investigation. Who could those "potential people" be? Is it possible that the DA saw the list of people that will be subpenaed for the civil trial, and perhaps one of them is suspect?   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2012, 03:41:06 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/story/20200850/deputies-confirm-new-developments-in-kyron-horman-case

Sheriff's office pursuing new leads in Kyron Horman case
Posted: Nov 27, 2012 8:29 PM CST Updated: Nov 27, 2012 9:54 PM CST

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -
The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office confirmed to Fox 12 they have new leads in the disappearance of Kyron Horman.

The revelation comes at the same time it was ruled a lawsuit filed by Kyron Horman's mother against Terri Horman will not move forward until at least November 2014.

Desiree Young's attorney filed a motion to abate the civil proceedings Monday. Judge Henry Kantor signed to abate the case until Nov. 26, 2014, according to Multnomah County records.

That means the case is under a holding pattern for the next two years.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2012, 03:50:43 PM »

Has anyone considered the possibility that the abatement was granted because Terri Horman is a protected witness?
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: November 29, 2012, 12:38:29 AM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local/story/Judge-explains-delay-in-Terri-Horman-civil-suit/XpwsVjc4C02XktjAHnhhYA.cspx

Judge explains delay in Terri Horman civil suit
Published: 3:57 pm

A judge provided a brief, one-paragraph explanation Wednesday for his decision to delay Desiree Young’s civil suit against Terri Horman.

In an order signed Wednesday, Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Henry Kantor stated that he granted a motion filed by the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office requesting to delay the suit, “on the ground that allowing the case to proceed could impact an ongoing criminal investigation.”

Kantor wrote that he came to the decision after conferring with attorneys for both sides, an unnamed witness and prosecutors

The order halts the lawsuit until Aug. 1, 2013.

On Nov. 21, Kantor granted a request to seal the memorandum and affidavits that were submitted as part of the motion to delay the lawsuit, but did amend it to state that the motion could be subject to an additional request to have it unsealed.

The district attorney's office has declined to comment on the developments of the case. However, officials familiar with it, speaking on background, said there have been new leads that the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office would like to look at without the civil lawsuit getting in the way of any possible criminal case.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: November 29, 2012, 02:34:52 AM »

Has anyone considered the possibility that the abatement was granted because Terri Horman is a protected witness?

Yes, I have wondered about that...after all...her 2 year abatement with the divorce judge is now over.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #255 on: November 29, 2012, 02:38:39 AM »

Confusing to me is that it appears that information is opening in the "future"...like MCSO has a timeline of when that information might open....huh?...what kinds of reasons would be that the information can't open now but can...say...6 months down the road?

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: November 29, 2012, 12:09:06 PM »

Confusing to me is that it appears that information is opening in the "future"...like MCSO has a timeline of when that information might open....huh?...what kinds of reasons would be that the information can't open now but can...say...6 months down the road?

I think that just means a prima facie  was satisfied to allow the judge to abate it for the length of time that mirrors the filing deadline of the original tort from the date of the occurrance.

I have heard this being referred to as new information,  but while it may be new to the plaintiff ( I dont know), it is not new to LE or the DA whose original opinion in the matter was that he did not have a position.

His honor essentially reversed himself after hearing argument for abatement, which had already been the subject of an order.

That is pretty rare when we already knew their was a parallel criminal investigation.

My take, as posted on BOC:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/11/27/kyron-horman-missing-civil-suit-against-terri-horman-delayed-and-sealed/

So in your opinion you feel Desiree never thought that the defense would get access to her medical records?

I would personally find that shocking if true, and poor prep by counsel, while I admit that burden is a big one, I just can’t see Rosenthal not availing the possibility of a woman who relinquished custody for years due to her stated “medically necessary treatment” outside the US. That is a matter of public record in 2 dockets. When filing a tort action seeking a reward of $10 million dollars, as I wrote in part I, you bet your azz the plaintiff is going to undergo nearly as much scrutiny as the defendant.

UNLESS- they orchestrated a calculated attempt to seek a default judgement- but again, that is not good faith when imo, the allegation never showed a prima facie to begin with. It worked for the TRO and continued to until now by TH not defending it, or not being able to defend it.

Do I think it possible that information opened up new investigative leads that were not followed?

Abso-frickin-lutely. Guys, we predicted this, I am not at all surprised. I recently commented blatantly again that the suit would interfere with the prosecution of this case ( who else said that- Peter Bunch)

This info must prejudice the civil action in some way or Kantor reversed his earlier ruling in which HE HIMSELF contacted the DA and was told they had “no position.”

He also wrote in, subject to appropriate motion to unseal- his honor is a smartie, he knows how this looks.

Here’s thing, if it IS a witness to SZ, they KNEW this all along, and so did Desiree, ergo so did Rosenthal. Did defendant counsel argue against an abatement? That would be key.

Many of the events coming to pass I wrote on here:
http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/09/11/kyron-horman-disappearance-series-part-i-desiree-young-v-terri-horman-civil-as-an-oxymoron/

I have always felt Desiree was ill-advised as to the possibilities of outcome for this suit, but I also understand she has had great faith in LE, as Kaine appears to as well, yet these two are clearly divided now as to their opinions on Kyron's status.

I don't understand that personally, but since neither of them are stationed outside the DA office as I would be, asking my attorney to file FOIA after FOIA if only to learn exactly what they consider the scope of investigation and require them to produce their basic "card catalog" of documents,  this case will sit right where it is, imo.

If their is no alternative evidence to the assertions by both Kaine and Desiree that Kyron is being held or secreted- I am beyond disbelief that as it is now evident and on record that this is an ongoing criminal investigation that  GAL has not been appointed by the court to protect Kyron's interests. 

Does anyone even know if a CPS investigation has been launched in this case?  Isn't that protocol?

B
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2012, 03:08:26 AM »

Blink - TY !

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2012, 09:02:37 PM »

TUNE IN NOW!

Click on the link below

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #259 on: December 25, 2012, 09:52:42 AM »

an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey Merry Christmas Kyron  an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.