March 29, 2024, 06:10:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland, OR #44 4/11/12 - 1/1/14  (Read 535945 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: December 07, 2013, 05:21:44 PM »

REMINDER

Kaine, MCSO committed to 'bringing Kyron home'
Updated: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 2:20 PM PDT
Published: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 2:20 PM PDT

<snipped>

Just minutes before Kaine Horman's news conference, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office sent out the following statement on the Kyron Horman missing person's case:

"The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is aware that Desiree Young has withdrawn her civil suit against Terri Horman. The Kyron Horman investigation remains an active, ongoing criminal investigation. While the civil suit was of interest, it did not affect the course of action or goal of the investigation.

"We continue to work with our investigative partners and the Multnomah County District Attorney's Office as we maintain the case integrity, development of leads and information gathered through the course of the investigation.

"The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office remains in close contact with the parents of Kyron regarding the course of the investigation.

"In addition, Sheriff Staton has met regularly with Kaine Horman concerning the investigation and to ensure they are fully aware of the current course of action being taken by investigators.
Sheriff Staton wants the citizens of Multnomah County to know this criminal investigation remains a high priority for the Sheriff's Office and that it will continue unimpeded. The integrity and security of the investigation remains foremost for this agency.

"The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is unable to comment on specifics of the investigation but would like to reiterate its commitment to finding and bringing Kyron home and bringing closure to Kyron's family and the investigation. MCSO encourages anyone with information regarding this case to contact our tip line at 503.261.2847.
"

http://www.koin.com/news/31700-autosav

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: December 07, 2013, 05:30:53 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #842 on: December 08, 2013, 01:14:48 AM »

Details in alleged plot to kill Kyron Horman's father
By Anna Canzano and Colin Miner
KATU News Published: Dec 7, 2013 at 12:28 AM PST

<snipped>

The papers were filed in the divorce case being fought between Terri and her estranged husband, Kaine.

The couple is better known as the father and step-mother of Kyron Horman, a child who disappeared from Skyline Elementary in June 2010. Law enforcement officials have not found any witnesses who saw the child after he was seen with Terri who had brought him to school that day.

<snipped>

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Details-in-alleged-plot-to-kill-Kyron-Hormans-father-234865231.html

Could it be that Anna Canzano and Colin Miner have "sources".  Nevertheless ... it makes sense if there are witnesses who can attest that Terri was not the last known person seen with Kyron on the morning of June 4, 2010 ... those witnesses had not come forward two weeks following the disappearance.

Janet

+++++++

Sheriff’s office tries to dispel rumors about boy's disappearance
By Jennifer Anderson
The Portland Tribune, Jun 18, 2010, Updated Jun 21, 2010

<snipped>

There was one new piece of information: “Terri is the last-known person to have seen him before he disappeared,” Multnomah County Sheriff’s Capt. Jason Gates said, contrary to previous reports of someone else who might have seen the boy afterward.

<snipped>

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=127687387448812800

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #843 on: December 08, 2013, 11:06:35 AM »

The sting operation was unsuccessful but  ... it could be assumed that Don Rees was able to convince a judge that his request for a court order was justified.  Did Rudy Sanchez take a polygraph?

Janet

+++++

WIRETAP LAWS AND PROCEDURES

<snipped>

Other methods of investigation that may be tried include undercover operations and stings.  But while effective in some cases, undercover operations are difficult and dangerous, and stings do not always work.

If the judge approves the application, then a court order is issued specifying the relevant information given in the application, namely, the identity of the person (if known) whose communications are to be intercepted, the nature and location of the communication facilities, the type of communication to be intercepted and the offense to which it relates, the agency authorized to perform the interception and the person authorizing the application, and the period of time during which such interception is authorized.  A court order may also require that interim status reports be made to the issuing judge while the wiretap is in progress. ....

In the event a court order is not issued, the contents of any intercepted communication is treated as having been obtained in violation of Title III.

<snipped>

http://w2.eff.org/Privacy/Surveillance/?f=denning_wiretap.paper.txt

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: December 08, 2013, 05:16:41 PM »

Kaine, MCSO committed to 'bringing Kyron home'
Updated: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 2:20 PM PDT
Published: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 2:20 PM PDT

BEAVERTON, Ore. (KOIN) -- Kaine Horman held a news conference Tuesday afternoon at the Wall of Hope, just hours after the mother of missing Kyron Horman said she dropped a civil suit that may have been keeping the boy's stepmother, Terri Horman, from revealing what she knows about his disappearance.

"We still have extreme confidence that they're going to drive resolution to the case," Horman said to reporters around 3:15 p.m. He said law enforcement is "again asking us to help protect the information as much as we can, so it doesn't interfere with the integrity of what they're doing. And we're doing our best in the civil arena to do that."

The Wall of Hope was constructed outside of his missing son's northwest Portland elementary school shortly after Kyron's June 4, 2010, disappearance. In August 2011 the wall was moved to Beaverton, Ore., where it stands at the parking lot of The Edge Gym.

During Tuesday's press conference, Kaine Horman did express disappointment over Desiree Young's dropped civil suit.

"At the same time," Horman said, "trying to press forward to find Kyron and protect my daughter are the two things that are in the highest priorities."

<snipped>

http://www.koin.com/news/31700-autosave

BOTTOM LINE!!

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: December 08, 2013, 05:28:20 PM »

KATU News Published: Dec 7, 2013 at 12:28 AM PST

<snipped>

A hearing to discuss a recent attempt by Terri to obtain temporary custody of Kiara will be held later this month.

Kaine has been fighting that attempt and his lawyers argue the Sanchez testimony establishes the risk presented by Terri.

After Kyron’s disappearance, Sanchez told law enforcement about his earlier interactions with Terri. When law enforcement officials informed Kaine of what they had learned, he and Kiara left their home, he filed for divorce and obtained an order of protection.

<snipped>

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Details-in-alleged-plot-to-kill-Kyron-Hormans-father-234865231.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: December 08, 2013, 07:00:12 PM »

Could it be that the playing field has changed since 2010 regarding the MFH plot?  Could it be that the well-being of Kiara implies investigators are loosening the reins in regards to confidential circumstantial evidence regarding the MFH plot against Kaine?  Terri's attorneys  wanted to depose the landscaper in 2010 ... now they have their chance.

Janet

+++++

Judge delays Horman divorce ruling until January
Published: Oct 7, 2010 at 10:20 AM

<snipped>

Peter Bunch said he's asked for Terri Horman calls to 9-1-1, back to Dec 26th.  But was denied by Sheriff's office saying it's part of "ongoing Investigation." He's tried to serve the landscaper, Rudy Sanchez with subpoena for deposition, but prosecutors wouldn't give him contact information because of the "ongoing investigation."  Bunch said.

<snipped>

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104507829.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: December 08, 2013, 07:27:32 PM »

I could be wrong but I suspect that the testimony/deposition of the Rudy Sanchez and ... the sexting emails between Terri Horman and Michael Cook will be the catalyst that will prevent Terri from having contact with Kiara.

Think about it.  Three week after Kyron goes missing on June 4, 2010 ... the sexting begins.

Think about it.  Four days following the June 26, 2010 failed landscaper sting ... four days following Kaine fleeing the residence with Kiara on June 26, 2010 ... the sexting begins.

Think about it.  Two days following the June 28, 2010 restraining order denying Terri contact with her daughter ... the sexting begins.

What is wrong with this picture?  What is wrong with Terri's thinking process?

Janet

++++++

Kyron's father wants step-mom Terri to leave home sooner
Posted on July 14, 2010 at 10:48 AM
Updated Thursday, Jul 15 at 6:09 PM

<snipped>

The motion also states police told Kaine that Terri exchanged hundred of text messages with Cook and several photographs of Terri Horman "in various stages of undress and graphic sexual activity." According to the filing, the "sexual nature" of the relationship between Cook and Terri Horman began on or about June 30, four days after Kaine Horman moved out of the family's Northwest Portland home.

Cook was a high school classmate of Kaine Horman, and also helped organize the first vigil for missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman.

Monday's court filing also stated that police had told Kaine that Terri's "sexual overtures to Mr. Cook resemble those made to the man Respondent (Terri Horman) attempted to hire to murder Petitioner (Kaine).

<snipped>

http://www.kgw.com/news/Court-doc-Kaine-Terri-Horman-kyron-horman-contempt-sexting-98270654.html

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/redacted-text-messages.PDF

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #848 on: December 09, 2013, 11:34:17 AM »

DECEMBER 7, 2013

KATU News Published: Dec 7, 2013 at 12:28 AM PS
T

A landscaper claims that Terri Horman tried to hire him to kill her husband and have it made to look like a mugging, according to court papers in the case obtained by KATU.

The papers were filed in the divorce case being fought between Terri and her estranged husband, Kaine.

The couple is better known as the father and step-mother of Kyron Horman, a child who disappeared from Skyline Elementary in June 2010. Law enforcement officials have not found any witnesses who saw the child after he was seen with Terri who had brought him to school that day.

The landscaper, Rodolfo Sanchez claims in a deposition taken last month that:

•    Terri hired him to perform landscaping work in 2008;

•    Kaine was never told that Sanchez was doing the work;

•    Terri had been contemplating divorcing Kaine for many months;

•    Five months before Kyron disappeared, Terri asked Sanchez to a restaurant. She had Kiara, the daughter she and Kaine had, with her. She told Sanchez that Kaine was abusive and asked for his help finding someone to “get rid of” Kaine;

•    When he asked why, Terri allegedly told him that unless she got rid of Kaine, he would take Kiara from her;

•    Terri said that Kaine always carried $10,000 with him and a computer and the murder could be made to look like a mugging;

Sanchez said he told Terri that it was an offer that he could refuse.

<snipped>

A hearing to discuss a recent attempt by Terri to obtain temporary custody of Kiara will be held later this month.

Kaine has been fighting that attempt and his lawyers argue the Sanchez testimony establishes the risk presented by Terri.

After Kyron’s disappearance, Sanchez told law enforcement about his earlier interactions with Terri. When law enforcement officials informed Kaine of what they had learned, he and Kiara left their home, he filed for divorce and obtained an order of protection.

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: December 09, 2013, 11:52:41 AM »

Terri's attorneys don't get it when they state that the MFH plot again Kaine should not be an issue in the custody dispute.  The well-being of Kiara should be paramount ... not the suppressing of testimony that would "smear" their client.

Janet

+++++

DECEMBER 8, 2013

Terri Horman's lawyers ask for hearing over landscaper allegations
By Anna Canzano and Colin Miner, KATU News
Published: Dec 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM PST

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Lawyers for Terri Horman have asked the judge presiding over her divorce from Kaine Horman for an emergency hearing to discuss allegations made by a landscaper who claims Terri tried to hire him to kill Kaine.

<snipped>

In court papers, Kaine’s lawyers draw a connection between that and the disappearance of his son, Kyron, who was last seen shortly after being dropped off at school by Terri, his stepmother, almost four years ago.

They use the landscaper’s allegations to argue that Terri should not be allowed to spend time with their daughter, now 4 years old.

"The Sanchez testimony establishes an extreme risk of harm to" Kiara as well as Kaine, they argue. "The Sanchez testimony establishes a motive surrounding the disappearance of Kyron Horman."

In court papers of their own, Terri’s lawyers argue the other side is presenting “an incomplete and inaccurate accounting of events ... to prevent parenting time and to further smear (Terri) before the court and in the public record."

To illustrate what they mean by incomplete, they refer to the allegation by Kaine’s lawyers that the landscaper claimed Terri wanted to "get rid of" Kaine.

They include an excerpt from the deposition where the landscaper is asked if Terri used "the words 'get rid of?'"

The landscaper replies: "No, she implied it, not specifically."

They call his testimony "unreliable" and contend that Kaine’s lawyers use it in an "improper" fashion.

Further complicating the issue is a contention by Terri’s lawyers that some of the interaction between Kaine’s lawyers and the landscaper in the deposition is based on information from the criminal investigation into Kyron’s disappearance.

They argue that information should not have been allowed to be brought up - and now that it has, they should be allowed to question the landscaper and law enforcement officials about the testimony.

"Based on what occurred in the Sanchez deposition, (Terri) contends that (Kaine) has opened the door to further discovery by asking a series of questions the origin of which can only have come from law enforcement," Terri’s lawyers argue.

Terri’s lawyers want the judge to let them cross-examine the landscaper and law enforcement about some of his allegations and state that if he says no, then "the court should strike those portions" of filings by Kaine’s lawyers that refer to the landscaper’s testimony.

The next hearing is scheduled for Dec. 19.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Terri-Hormans-lawyers-ask-for-emergency-hearing-234981351.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: December 09, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »

DECEMBER 8, 2013

Terri Horman's lawyers ask for hearing over landscaper allegations
By Anna Canzano and Colin Miner, KATU News
Published: Dec 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM PST

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Lawyers for Terri Horman have asked the judge presiding over her divorce from Kaine Horman for an emergency hearing to discuss allegations made by a landscaper who claims Terri tried to hire him to kill Kaine.

<snipped>

Further complicating the issue is a contention by Terri’s lawyers that some of the interaction between Kaine’s lawyers and the landscaper in the deposition is based on information from the criminal investigation into Kyron’s disappearance.

They argue that information should not have been allowed to be brought up - and now that it has, they should be allowed to question the landscaper and law enforcement officials about the testimony.

"Based on what occurred in the Sanchez deposition, (Terri) contends that (Kaine) has opened the door to further discovery by asking a series of questions the origin of which can only have come from law enforcement," Terri’s lawyers argue.

Terri’s lawyers want the judge to let them cross-examine the landscaper and law enforcement about some of his allegations and state that if he says no, then "the court should strike those portions" of filings by Kaine’s lawyers that refer to the landscaper’s testimony.

The next hearing is scheduled for Dec. 19.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Terri-Hormans-lawyers-ask-for-emergency-hearing-234981351.html

My hope is that the court will say "yes".  I contend that Terri's attorneys are bluffing.

Could it be if Terri's attorneys are given the green light to depose Rudy Sanchez and investigators in regards to the happenings encompassing the MFH plot against Kaine ... they will no longer pursue the custody lawsuit?

Could it be that Terri's attorneys have been taking full advantage that investigators were caught between a legal rock and a legal hard place regarding the release of incriminating evidence against Terri ... incriminating evidence that may compromise the Kyron Horman case and the MFH case?

Janet

++++++

Father of Missing Oregon Boy Suspects Stepmom
Published July 09, 2010

<snipped>

The order contained the first publicly released suspicion by Kaine Horman that his wife was connected to Kyron Horman's disappearance.

"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron who has been missing since June 4, 2010," Kaine Horman's petition reads. "I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me. The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."

His statement contained no details on how Terri Horman might be involved in the boy's disappearance.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/09/father-missing-oregon-boy-suspects-stepmom/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: December 09, 2013, 03:23:50 PM »

There are witnesses who can attest that Terri was not the last known person with Kyron?  Why has Terri's attorneys sat on this crucial info for the past 3 1/2 years?

Why has Kaine who has been focused on Terri in his desperate 3 1/2 year quest for answers regarding the disappearance of his son not been made aware of these witnesses in briefings with investigators?

Why would investigators suppress this crucial info?

What is going on regarding the depositions of Easter Mathews, Kristina Porter and Susan Hall by Terri's attorneys ... depositions that the court approved.  The December 19th custody hearing is fast approaching.

Janet

+++++

Attorney: Terri Horman wasn't last person to see Kyron
Posted: Sep 13, 2013 10:27 AM PDT
Updated: Sep 13, 2013 9:56 PM PDT

<snipped>

"It's not true," Houze said of the claims Terri Horman was the last person to see Kyron that day. "We have witnesses who will say, in fact, they know facts first-hand that demonstrate that is not true."

<snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/story/23425918/attorney-terri-horman-wasnt-last-person-to-see-kyron-horman-at-school

Judge to rule by Monday on what discovery Terri Horman can obtain prior to divorce, child custody hearing
September 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM
updated September 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM

<snipped>

Court records indicate that Terri Horman's lawyers subpoenaed O'Donnell, as well as three Skyline School employees  Kyron's second-grade teacher Kristine Porter, kindergarten/first grade teacher Easter Mathews and school secretary Susan Hall. They subpoenaed to depose three children who attended Skyline School, and staff of Fred Meyer, Magic Cleaners and 24 Hour Fitness.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/09/judge_to_rule_by_monday_on_wha.html

Judge rules Terri Horman's lawyers can't depose investigator or students, but can question Skyline School teachers, various business staff
September 16, 2013 at 9:49 AM
updated September 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM

<snipped>

Lawyers for Terri Moulton Horman can't question one of the lead sheriff's investigators in the disappearance of her stepson Kyron Horman, but can start deposing faculty at the missing boy's school and adults at area businesses, according to a judge's ruling Monday.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/09/judge_rules_terri_hormans_lawy.html

Kaine Horman wants Kyron records from Terri
Posted on October 9, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Updated Wednesday, Oct 9 at 11:06 AM

<snipped.

The court documents indicate Kaine Horman's lawyer requested information from Terri Horman on the person or persons "you contend have knowledge that Terri Horman was not the last person to see Kyron Horman on June 4, 2010 at Skyline School."

<snipped>

http://www.kgw.com/news/Legal-fight-in-Horman-divorce-heats-up--226998691.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: December 09, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »

I have yet to locate the court document filed by Kaine's attorney regarding the deposing of the landscaper.

The following article implies that Terri's attorneys have already participated in the deposing process but were limited in their questions by the landscaper's attorney.

Janet

++++++

Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to get rid of her husband: court records
By Maxine Bernstein
on December 09, 2013 at 9:20 AM
updated December 09, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Lawyers for Terri Moulton Horman are seeking an emergency hearing on what evidence can be considered as she seeks temporary custody of her daughter after her estranged husband alleged in court papers that Terri Horman solicited a landscaper to kill him.

Kaine Horman objects to Terri Horman having any parenting time with Kiara, their now 5-year-old daughter. He cites in court papers a deposition from a landscaper who said Terri Horman wanted him  to get "rid'' of her husband because she feared losing Kiara.

Kaine Horman's lawyers cite the landscaper's allegations as a basis for his suspicions that Terri Horman was involved in the disappearance five months later of his son, Kyron Horman, from Skyline School in June 2010. The boy has not been found, and no arrests have been made as a criminal investigation continues.

In a deposition, the landscaper Rodolfo Sanchez said he met Terri Horman at a restaurant about five months before Kyron's disappearance.

"She told me that she was desperate because her husband treated her wrong,'' Sanchez said in the deposition, according to court papers.

Asked if her husband was physically or mentally abusive, Sanchez said Terri Horman told him, "Both ways.''

Terri Horman told the landscaper she was afraid of losing her daughter, Sanchez said in the deposition.

"What she said is she didn't want her husband to take her away from her,'' he said.

"She told me specifically. I don't remember, but she told me that she wanted me to help her get rid of her husband. I don't know if that was the correct word, but she tried to make me understand that,'' Sanchez said, according to court records.

When Sanchez was asked if he remembered Terri Horman using the words "get rid of,'' he replied, "No, but she implied it, not specifically.''

Lawyers for Terri Horman argue in court papers that Kaine Horman "has opened the door to further discovery,'' through his lawyers' questioning of Sanchez based on information that could only have come from law enforcement.

Because of the inclusion of Sanchez's deposition and the questions about matters that were part of a police investigation, Terri Horman "is in precisely the situation she predicted could happen in this case: an incomplete and inaccurate accounting of events is being used as a cudgel to prevent parenting time and to further smear Mother before the court and in the public record,'' attorney Peter Bunch wrote.

Bunch is asking the court for permission to depose law enforcement officials and Sanchez about a final 15-minute meeting between Sanchez and Terri Horman. And if not, he argues the court should strike Kaine Horman's court pleadings that refer to Sanchez's deposition.

According to court papers filed Friday, when Terri Horman's lawyers asked Sanchez about a second meeting months later between he and Terri Horman, he refused to answer whether or not Terri Horman had set up that subsequent brief meeting. Sanchez's lawyer instructed him not to answer that question.

It's unclear from court documents whether Terri Horman's lawyers are referring to a sting operation that law enforcement officials tried, using Sanchez to approach Terri Horman, following Kyron's disappearance.

Terri Horman's lawyers contend had Sanchez been allowed to talk about his last meeting with Terri Horman - it "would prove Mother's innocence as to the numerous inaccurate allegations made by Sanchez and Father,'' Bunch wrote.

Terri Horman hasn't been allowed to see her daughter for more than three years. Shortly after Kyron's disappearance, Kaine Horman obtained a restraining order against her, citing information law enforcement shared with him that she had tried to hire a landscaper to kill him.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/12/landscaper_says_terri_horman_w.html#incart_m-rpt-2

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/Emergency%20Hearing%20Motion.pdf

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: December 09, 2013, 04:56:15 PM »

I don't think so.  Credit where credit is due.  It was Anna Canzano and Colin Miner of KATU News who first gave us the heads up on December 7th regarding the recent deposing of the gardener.

Janet

++++++

Gardener says Terri Horman wanted him to 'get rid' of Kaine
by Teresa Blackman
Posted on December 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Updated today at 12:13 PM

PORTLAND -- A landscaper who used to work for Terri Horman said in his depostion that she solicited him to "get rid" of her husband Kaine in murder-for-hire plot that would be "made to look like a mugging."

Court documents obtained by KGW Monday included quotes from the deposition interview
Landscaper Rodolfo Sanchez-Estrada said Terri Horman told him she was afraid Kaine Horman was going to try and take her daughter away from her, so she wanted Sanchez to "get rid" of him, as first reported by The Oregonian.

When asked if Terri tried to hire him to murder Kaine, Sanchez said in the deposition: "She told me specifically. I don't remember, but she told me that she wanted me to help her get rid of her husband. I don't know if that was the correct word, but she tried to make me understand that."

He went on to outline a "plan" which he said Horman created and shared with him. He said Terri told him the murder would be made to look like a mugging.

Sanchez also said that Terri told him Kaine physically and mentally abused her, according to the court documents.

Kaine's attorneys contend that Sanchez' interview shows there is a great safety risk for Kiara if she spends time with Terri.  Kyron Horman vanished five months after Sanchez' alleged conversation with Terri took place. Terri has been a focus of that missing person investigation, but never named as a suspect.

The court documents also included an interview with Kaine in which he said that Kiara does not talk about or ask about her mother.  His attorneys contend that Kiara would not even know who Terri was, if they were in a room together for visitation.

Horman's defense lawyer had previously objected to the deposition and tried to block Sanchez from being questioned.  But Kaine's lawyers pushed for the interview with Sanchez, as part of his ongoing divorce proceedings with Terri.  Kaine filed for divorce and a restraining order against Terri in late June, 2010.

<snipped>

Kaine's attorneys claim that Sanchez' testimony also establishes a motive surrounding the disappearance of Kyron and Terri's alleged involvement

http://www.kgw.com/news/Court-docs-Gardener-says-Terri-Horman-atty-calls-for-emergency-hearing-235098441.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: December 09, 2013, 07:39:28 PM »

Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to get rid of her husband: court records
By Maxine Bernstein
on December 09, 2013 at 9:20 AM
updated December 09, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Lawyers for Terri Moulton Horman are seeking an emergency hearing on what evidence can be considered as she seeks temporary custody of her daughter after her estranged husband alleged in court papers that Terri Horman solicited a landscaper to kill him.

Kaine Horman objects to Terri Horman having any parenting time with Kiara, their now 5-year-old daughter. He cites in court papers a deposition from a landscaper who said Terri Horman wanted him  to get "rid'' of her husband because she feared losing Kiara.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/12/landscaper_says_terri_horman_w.html#incart_m-rpt-2

THE DOCUMENTS

1.  Brett E. Engel - December 3, 2013

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/kainehorman.pdf

2.  Peter Bunch - December 5, 2013

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/Emergency%20Hearing%20Motion.pdf

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: December 10, 2013, 12:03:45 PM »

It appears that Terri's attorney will attempt to discredit the landscaper's claim by reminding the court that his client did not incriminate herself in the failed sting?

Think about it.  The landscaper whose principles would not permit him to go along with a MFH plot was standing at Terri's door attempting an extortion.  Could it be that Terri was immediately suspicious of a set up.

Janet

+++++

Kaine Horman believes estranged wife Terri Horman sought to kill him over fear of losing daughter: lawyer
By Maxine Bernstein
on December 09, 2013 at 6:40 PM
updated December 09, 2013 at 6:57 PM

<snipped>

According to court papers, Terri Horman's lawyers asked Sanchez about a second meeting months later between Terri Horman and the landscaper. Sanchez, at his lawyer's advice, refused to answer whether Terri Horman had set up that subsequent brief meeting. It's unclear from court documents whether Terri Horman's lawyers were referring to a botched sting operation that law enforcement officials tried, using Sanchez to approach Terri Horman after Kyron's disappearance.

Had Sanchez been allowed to talk about his last meeting with Terri Horman, Bunch contends, it "would prove Mother's innocence as to the numerous inaccurate allegations made by Sanchez and Father.

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/12/kaine_horman_says_estranged_wi.html

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/kainehorman.pdf

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: December 10, 2013, 12:50:07 PM »

Kyron's father wants step-mom Terri to leave home sooner
Posted on July 14, 2010 at 10:48 AM
Updated Thursday, Jul 15 at 6:09 PM

<snipped>

The motion also states police told Kaine that Terri exchanged hundred of text messages with Cook and several photographs of Terri Horman "in various stages of undress and graphic sexual activity." According to the filing, the "sexual nature" of the relationship between Cook and Terri Horman began on or about June 30, four days after Kaine Horman moved out of the family's Northwest Portland home.

Cook was a high school classmate of Kaine Horman, and also helped organize the first vigil for missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman.

Monday's court filing also stated that police had told Kaine that Terri's "sexual overtures to Mr. Cook resemble those made to the man Respondent (Terri Horman) attempted to hire to murder Petitioner (Kaine).

<snipped>

http://www.kgw.com/news/Court-doc-Kaine-Terri-Horman-kyron-horman-contempt-sexting-98270654.html

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/redacted-text-messages.PDF

Could it be the Don Ree's is attempting to walk a fine line in regards to the deposing of Rudy Sanchez.

On one side of the line is evidence gathered encompassing Terri's relationship with the landscaper that goes beyond business ... evidence gathered if released would compromise both the interconnected Kyron Horman Case and the MFH case?

On the other side of the line ... the well-being of Kiara.

Janet

+++++

THE SUSAN POWELL CASE

The Murder Of Susan Powell's Two Young Boys At The Hands Of Their Father
2/05/2012

http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/2012/02/05/the-murder-of-susan-powells-two-young-boys-by-the-hands-of-their-father/2/

Parental rights vs. child safety: Should boys have been visiting Josh Powell? (+video)
February 6, 2012

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2012/0206/Parental-rights-vs.-child-safety-Should-boys-have-been-visiting-Josh-Powell-video

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: December 10, 2013, 01:06:37 PM »

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

The Murder Of Susan Powell's Two Young Boys At The Hands Of Their Father
2/05/2012 @ 8:39PM

Josh was already a suspect in the disappearance of his wife, and he had a lawyer, so why was he allowed to leave the state? And why was his demonstration of a total lack of concern for his missing spouse not sufficient reason to remove the children from his care?

But still, more than a year and a half later, Josh maintained control of the children. In August 2011, Susan’s boys were living with their father and grandfather, even though there was an ongoing murder investigation and Josh was the only suspect.

Fellow Forbes blogger Susan Murphy Milano was disturbed by this custody arrangement and wrote, in a prescient blog post: “Each day those two young boys are with those men holds the uncertainty it may be their last…. A murder suspect, the only suspect, should never be allowed to care for the kids until the matter is resolved.”

In September 2011, Steven Powell was arrested and charged with voyeurism and child pornography for videotapes he took of young girls without their knowledge. Also in the footage were images of his missing daughter-in-law, Susan. Was Steven obsessed with her? If so, the possibility of his involvement in her disappearance seems more likely.

After Steven’s arrest, the children, at long last, were removed from that home. Susan’s parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, gained temporary custody of the young boys.

Earlier this week, the court mandated that the arrangement would be permanent. The 7- and 5-year-old boys were finally secure in a safe home.

However, although the children were no longer living with Josh and Steven, the court thought it appropriate for their father to have visitation rights, even though Josh had been ordered to undergo psycho-sexual evaluation and take a polygraph test. How could any judge in the state of Washington allow a disturbed and unstable person near two young children? Because he was the boys’ father was no excuse.

Today, a caseworker brought the boys to Josh Powell for a supervised visit. Josh locked the woman out of the house. Inside, Josh sent a text message to his lawyer that read, “I’m sorry. Goodbye.”

As the caseworker stood outside, she smelled a whiff of gas. Had she called law enforcement the moment those children were out of her sight? If not, why not?

Without further warning, an explosion rocked the home. In that horrible instant, Susan Murphy Milano‘s fears became a reality.

Law enforcement has said that the apparent murders/suicide was planned. Both children are dead–sadly, tragically, intentionally and avoidably murdered by their own father.

<snipped>

http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/2012/02/05/the-murder-of-susan-powells-two-young-boys-by-the-hands-of-their-father/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: December 10, 2013, 01:27:41 PM »

Family members respond to questions about Kyron
Published: Jul 6, 2010 at 5:21 AM PST
Last Updated: Jul 6, 2010 at 4:52 PM PST

<snipped>

Meanwhile, a landscaper recently hired by the Hormans said he was contacted by detectives and cooperated with the investigation. He said he just did landscaping for the family.

Police have confirmed a report that Terri Horman tried to pay another as yet unnamed landscaper to kill her husband, Kaine Horman, in 2009. That landscaper reportedly contacted police after the alleged murder for hire offer.

<snipped>

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97845894.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: December 10, 2013, 01:43:56 PM »

It appears that Terri's attorney will attempt to discredit the landscaper's claim by reminding the court that his client did not incriminate herself in the failed sting?

Think about it.  The landscaper whose principles would not permit him to go along with a MFH plot was standing at Terri's door attempting an extortion.  Could it be that Terri was immediately suspicious of a set up.

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

Was there another clue that caused Terri to suspect something was hinky?

Janet

+++++

Kyron Horman Case: The Path From Suspect To Defendant Is Forged
Tuesday 6 July 2010 12:25 am

<snipped>

Kaine Horman had been advised to remove the couples 18 month old daughter in advance, for their safety, earlier in the day.

<snipped>

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/07/06/kyron-horman-case-the-path-from-suspect-to-defendant-is-forged/comment-page-5/#comment-1602285

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.