April 20, 2024, 09:03:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allison Bayliss, 15 Missing from Danville CA 5/23/1(Suicide/no body found so far  (Read 15102 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 24, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »

A person close to my family knows the family of this missing girl.  She was last seen in the morning hours just prior to school starting, riding away on her bike. It is believed she traveled to San Francisco, most likely taking BART, a mass transit line into the city. Her bike was found locked up in a bike rack, near to the Golden Gate Bridge and pedistrian walkway. Of course the hope is she did not go there to commit suicide.  
Here is a link to the news story on it. Not sure if I can copy and paste from this news site.  
http://www.ktvu.com/news/28004876/detail.html

Edit to add (Suicide/no body found so far) MB

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 11:35:29 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 05:15:34 PM »

http://www.ktvu.com/news/28004876/detail.html
Video
Missing Danville Teen’s Bike Found In San Francisco
May 24, 2011

DANVILLE, Calif. -- A massive search for a missing Danville teenager moved to San Francisco early Tuesday after her abandoned mountain bike was found near Crissy Field.

Allison "Alliy" Bayliss’ father, David, said a note left by the 15-year-old girl on her computer had led the family and searchers to San Francisco’s Presidio area. David Bayliss and a friend had searched about two miles of the waterfront before finding the purple and black Diamondback mountain bike locked in a stand.

“We found the bike,” David Bayliss told KTVU as he stood with San Francisco police officers near Crissy Field. “We found a note on her computer with directions to this location.”

National Park Service spokesman Howard Levitt said the bike was found at about 4:45 a.m. in the Battery East parking lot, just to the east of the Golden Gate Bridge on the San Francisco side.

The area was now being searched by U.S. Park Police, park service rangers, San Francisco police and others, Levitt said
 ::snipping2::
Allison Bayliss is described as being 5 feet 8 inches tall, 130 pounds, with blond hair in a ponytail.

Authorities said he was considered to be missing and at-risk.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 05:20:31 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/alliy-bayliss-police-volunteers-search-for-missing-15-yr-old-at-risk-danville
Alliy Bayliss: Police, volunteers search for missing 15-yr-old at-risk Danville
May 24, 2011

Find Alliy Bayliss
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170226719704428

Support Alliy Bayliss by wearing Blue

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=220373251326064

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »

Thanks Muffy! Your the best. I hope they find this girl. It is so unthinkable to me this can happen.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 05:42:40 PM »

http://danville.patch.com/articles/hundreds-of-students-wear-blue-for-alliy add link.  MB
Hundreds of Students Wear Blue for Alliy
San Ramon Valley High sophomore Allison "Alliy" Bayliss went missing Monday morning. Today, hundreds of her classmates showed their support for her safe return by donning blue.
By Jennifer Wadsworth | Email the author | 1:28pm

0 Comments
View full size

PHOTOS (2)
  Add your photos & videos
 Tweet
 Email
 Print
Start Following
 Submit a tip
Tell Your Neighbors About Patch
When 15-year-old Allison "Alliy" Bayliss went missing Monday morning, the community wasted no time in trying to get her back.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:59:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 05:43:51 PM »

Sorry forgot the link

http://danville.patch.com/articles/hundreds-of-students-wear-blue-for-alliy
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 03:53:01 PM »

It appears LE believes Allison did jump to her death. There is evidence, camera's I am supposing, that places Alliy entering the bridge but not her exiting.
I hope and pray they find her body so her family can at least bury her. My heart goes out to her friends and to her family as they try to somehow come to terms with this. I have had a friend commit suicide and the guilt left behind is a horrible burden.
Alliy what ever it was that was hurting you in life, I pray that it has been replaced with peace. I am sorry, so very sorry.....

http://www.ktvu.com/news/28022687/detail.html

justwondering
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 03:59:51 PM »

Thanks Muffy! Your the best. I hope they find this girl. It is so unthinkable to me this can happen.

Tracygirl,
Sorry to have to inform you, but they think this little girl may have jumped to her death.  They have evidence that she walked on to the golden gate bridge but they don't have evidence that she walked off.  There was also a rumor that the boy that jumped off the bridge a few months ago (and said he has jumped off other bridges before and is good at it???)  and survived had just visited SRVHS last week.  I hope that is not how Alliy got the idea.

I have a junior attending high school in Danville.  It is a close knit town, but the pressure on teens is incredible.  The AP classes are too numerous to count, and the sports produce some of the best athletes in the nation.  Add to the problem that kids can't get into a UC school unless they have over a 4.0 GPA, or get an athletic scholarship.   What a terrible tragedy.
justwondering
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 04:00:56 PM »

It appears LE believes Allison did jump to her death. There is evidence, camera's I am supposing, that places Alliy entering the bridge but not her exiting.
I hope and pray they find her body so her family can at least bury her. My heart goes out to her friends and to her family as they try to somehow come to terms with this. I have had a friend commit suicide and the guilt left behind is a horrible burden.
Alliy what ever it was that was hurting you in life, I pray that it has been replaced with peace. I am sorry, so very sorry.....

http://www.ktvu.com/news/28022687/detail.html

sorry, I must have been typing when you posted.  Sorry for the duplicate info.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 06:08:52 PM »

Tracygirl,
Sorry to have to inform you, but they think this little girl may have jumped to her death.  They have evidence that she walked on to the golden gate bridge but they don't have evidence that she walked off.  There was also a rumor that the boy that jumped off the bridge a few months ago (and said he has jumped off other bridges before and is good at it???)  and survived had just visited SRVHS last week.  I hope that is not how Alliy got the idea.

I have a junior attending high school in Danville.  It is a close knit town, but the pressure on teens is incredible.  The AP classes are too numerous to count, and the sports produce some of the best athletes in the nation.  Add to the problem that kids can't get into a UC school unless they have over a 4.0 GPA, or get an athletic scholarship.   What a terrible tragedy.

The teen years are so difficult on so many levels, social pressures, school work, family pressures...Perhaps the topic of suicide should come out of the closet. Your right, this is a horrible tragedy but one that will eventually be repeated by another teen, desperate to end, what seems at the time to them, to be a hopeless situation.
I do not know Alliy, nor do I know what lead her to want to end her life. What I can gather though is she was very loved by her family and friends. She was into sports, was a creative person who did well in school. So how does a girl with so much support and so much going for her end up killing herself in such a violent way? this is what I want to know...no, I need to know because I have 5 children. This story has scared me.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 07:08:03 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=167842353275093
Prayer Vigil for Allison Bayliss

Time   
Wednesday, May 25 · 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Danville Congregational Church (United Church of Christ)
989 San Ramon Valley Blvd
Danville, CA
Created By   
Danville Congregational Church (United Church of Christ)
More Info   
UPDATE: Overflow parking will be available in the parking lot of the medical center adjacent to the church.
More...

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 12:21:16 AM »

http://sfappeal.com/news/2011/05/investigators-confirm-that-missing-danville-teen-jumped-from-golden-gate-bridge.php

Investigators Confirm That Missing Danville Teen Jumped From Golden Gate Bridge

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 12:22:29 AM »

http://concord-ca.patch.com/articles/letter-to-parents-on-alliys-suicide-2

Letter to Parents on Alliy's Suicide

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 03:44:16 PM »

Wanted to share this. I feel so badly for her family. From what I have been told, this is/was your ordinary all american family.

http://www.ci.danville.ca.us/content.aspx?id=4968

Message Released From Bayliss Family
At the request of the Bayliss family, the Town of Danville is releasing the following statement:

The Bayliss family wishes to thank the Danville community and the many volunteers and professionals from throughout the Bay Area who have given so much of themselves in the last week. The tremendous support and love shown for Alliy has been overwhelming. We are grateful beyond words for the outpouring of concern, care and community that makes this place we live so special. 

A celebration of life for Allison Bayliss will be held Monday, May 30th 2011 at 2p.m. at the Community Presbyterian Church in Danville, 222 West El Pintado Road. We would appreciate it if you can wear blue and bring any photos or other memorabilia of Alliy that we can add to our family scrapbook. We know our community has many memories to share in celebrating her life.

Alliy was a caring and compassionate young woman and an avid learner who was always interested in helping others. With this in mind, the family has established the “Allison Bayliss Donation Fund Account” to further her interests. Donations can be made at any Wells Fargo bank.

Expressions of sympathy may be delivered in care of the Danville Police Department at:

Bayliss Family
c/o Danville Police Department
510 La Gonda Way
Danville, CA 94526

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 01:13:03 PM »

Theyhave not located her body yet.....how sad.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 05:50:15 PM »

Theyhave not located her body yet.....how sad.

nope no body yet. I read something yesterday that bodies of suicide victims have washed to shore as far away as Santa Cruse. Of course some are never found...

I know people that went to the memorial yesterday, they say it was a nice ceremony but noted her mom was very grief stricken. My continued prayers go out to her, I can't imagine what she is going through.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 02:48:12 PM »

Not sure why I can't copy and post articles from my work computer, sorry. The link is to a beautifully written article about Alliys memorial held on Monday. There is also some of her artwork, she was a very talented girl.

http://clayton.patch.com/articles/shine-on-alliy-bayliss#photo-6340478

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 11:39:01 AM »

I hope Alliy's body can be recovered and she can be laid to rest in peace.   an angelic monkey

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »

Me too Muffybee, as far as I know nothing has been recovered so far. I would think perhaps clothing but  nothing has been found. I feel for her family...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.