June 03, 2024, 06:04:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James "Jim" Buckner, Alzheimer’s pt Missing Houston, TX 1/7/12(FOUND INJURED)  (Read 4663 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« on: January 12, 2012, 02:28:26 AM »

Family: Houston Alzheimer's patient has been missing since Saturday

Posted on January 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Family-Houston-Alzheimers-patient-has-been-missing-since-Saturday-137130983.html

HOUSTON – Family members are hoping the public can help them track down a missing Alzheimer’s patient.

James "Jim" Buckner was last seen Saturday morning at his apartment at the Whittfield on Whittington Drive.

Family members said he used his credit card at a Home Depot on Highway 6 around 11:45 that morning, but there’s been no trace of him since.

They believe he might be driving a 1996 faded gray Jeep Grand Cherokee with Texas plates CH9-W212.

Anyone with information on Buckner’s whereabouts is asked to call his daughter, Julie at 713-470-7080.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:12:02 AM by klaasend » Logged

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 02:33:54 AM »

This is his daughters FB page. I found out today that the family is originally from my stomping grounds:

https://www.facebook.com/julie.buckner1?sk=wall

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 04:14:54 PM »

This is from a FB page dedicated to finding Mr Buckner:

What is happening:
Jim last seen 11:15 AM Saturday January 7 leaving his apartment in his 1996 Jeep Grand Cheorkee Plate # CH9W212
Dog left at home door unlocked; no signs of forced entry; nothing missing
Apartment noticed he had not returned Monday and began taking care of dog and attempted to contact Julie - they had the wrong number
Tuesday Julie had not heard from Jim and stopped by to check on him - spoke with apartment people and found out he was missing
Julie called police and filed report on Tuesday afternoon and Jack called hospitals and then came to Houston
Jack went to Jim's apartment Tuesday night looking for papers and searching computer
Wednesday AMEX indicated he may have charged something at Home Depot on Highway 6 and Richmond AVE on Saturday before noon (Jack spoke with Jim at 10:30 am and he seemed fine though he indicated he hadn't been feeling well)
Wednesday morning spoke with officer assigned to case discussed the above and Jim's mental state. Cannot use silver alert unless diagnosed with Alzheimer's - spoke with his doctor's office and they have no mental abnormalities on record and cannot report Alzheimer's to the police
Julie called a private investigator and he put out feelers with his contacts - he felt he should not get too involved as this is an open police investigation
Went to Jim's apartment found bank account info on computer - found no activity in the last week
Jan calls tow truck companies looking for Jim's jeep - not found
Checked his recent emails, correspondence etc and found no clues that he was planning to leave for a while
Got pictures, made fliers, went to Home Depot and other places to look for car and hand out fliers
Emailed media with missing persons info
Spoke with police officer several times - by the end of the day they had gone to his appt and interviewed his neighbors, searched the appt and Home Depot areas handing out fliers, contacted the media, put out a missing persons alert including his car info and recontacted the area hospitals. Police are in the process of obtaining credit card, bank account and cell phone records
Took 300 fliers to Fed Ex who agreed to distribute the fliers during their runs on Thursday

Even though some reports have mistakenly said he has Alzheimers, he has not been diagnosed with any sort of dementia. The Houston Police Department Case File number is 4216112B. His daughter, Julie Buckner's phone number is 713-470-7080.

FB Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-Find-Jim-Buckner/307159155993868?sk=wall

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »

From his facebook page the family set up:

Let's Find Jim Buckner
Jim has been found! All we know at this moment is he has been in an automobile Accident and is in the hospital in intensive care unit for the last 7 days. At this time please Keep praying for him and the family. Please do not call so Julie and Jack can take care of what they need to do... I will update you as soon as i know anything else! Thank you for your Prayers!
Like · · Share · 11 hours ago ·

Let's Find Jim Buckner
Friday, January 13th Update

Let's Find Jim Buckner
Friday, January 13th Update

Jim was riding a bike and had an accident. So far we have few details. What we do know is that he hit his head. He was rushed to a Trauma Center in Houston (details re this to come later – once family has a plan to handle communication – we will update on the Facebook site and e-mails till then) where he underwent surgery. They relieved pressure building up in his brain. He also has some cardiac issues – we don’t know if these were pre-existing or as a result of the accident. Currently he remains in intensive care. He was conscious enough to acknowledge that Julie and Jack were there and seemed very glad to see them. The docs don’t yet know how completely his brain will recover – but we all know he is a fighter and a tough old bird and if anyone can – it’s Jim. He can speak a bit – but is still pretty disoriented. Who wouldn’t be. And the best news I’ve saved to last. Those of you who know Jim well, know he does this hand gesture when he’s had enough – and it’s pretty clear what it means. It’s kind of a cutting motion in the air with his hand. Though he was clearly very glad to see Jack and Julie, there came a time (as there always does with Jim) when he had had enough and made that hand movement to basically tell them to bug off. Don’t you just love that! We know he’s still in there and still very much the same Jim we all know and love!

We appreciate your patience, concern and HELP! We ask that you continue to give the family a bit more time to react and plan.

Much love and appreciation from Jack, Julie, Joan, Jan, Jean, and now THANKFULLY, JIM!
Like · · Share · 7 hours ago ·

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 12:11:09 AM »

Great news he's been found at least.  Now let's hope he recovers from the accident!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 12:02:09 PM »

Great news he's been found at least.  Now let's hope he recovers from the accident!

Yes, it's great news Mr. Buckner's been found, Klaas!!      I wish him well, and hope for his full recovery.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 01:52:44 PM »

Yes, it's great news Mr. Buckner's been found, Klaas!!      I wish him well, and hope for his full recovery.
What grand news!

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 09:28:18 PM »

I am so elated that he was found safe but the below update makes you question Houston PD....

a little update from Mr Buckner's daughter:

Julie Buckner
Thank YOU GOD.

Thank you friends!!!

Dad is doing well considering he has head trauma - I can not say how relieved we are to have found him. He arrived at the hospital on Saturday and we are not sure about the details surrounding the accident yet. However, the hospital did call the police department and give his name as he had his ID on him. We are all trying to make sense of what happened that day as his Jeep is still missing and I didn't know that he rode a bike anymore. We are in full investigation mode and have not gotten any answers yet. If and when we find out anything I will let you know.

Dad is very strong and I am so happy he is still here with me that I feel like I can finally breathe again.

I could not have made it through this with out the constant support of everyone. It was such a blessing to look at my phone and always see that someone was praying for us. Thank you again.

I love you,

Julie
Share · 22 hours ago ·
https://www.facebook.com/julie.buckner1?sk=wall

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »

another update from the FB page set up for him:

Let's Find Jim Buckner
‎**Latest Update!**
Saturday, January 14th

This will be the last daily report – As we move forward, we will update via the Facebook page when there is something new to report. Julie and Jack say that Jim is still in the ICU and still in rough shape, but is 100% better today than yesterday. He could call them by name and was talking about what rough shape he was in. He also was able to eat and drink. It was confirmed that he also had a heart attack. We don’t know if the heart attack cased him to swerve on his bike or if it was a result of the shock of the fall.

They found out that he had taken his Jeep to a repair shop and put the bike in the back so that he could ride it back the few blocks to his apartment. On the way back on his bike, he swerved and was hit by a car. The person stopped and a full report was filed. We don’t know why dots were not connected by the police – these are all issues for later. Please give Jack and Julie time to focus on first things first. Julie said that she’s learned that accidents can happen and that she will always carry ID and a “call in the event of emergency numbers“ with her. Much of this could have been avoided if Jim had worn a helmet and had that all important call number with him.

Again, Thanks and Love to ALL – we will update the Facebook page when Jim is out of ICU if not before. And please make sure all your loved ones wear a helmet and carry ID and an “in case of emergency call numbers.”
Like · · Share · 8 hours ago ·

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 11:29:37 AM »

another update from the FB page set up for him:

Let's Find Jim Buckner
‎**Latest Update!**
Saturday, January 14th

This will be the last daily report – As we move forward, we will update via the Facebook page when there is something new to report. Julie and Jack say that Jim is still in the ICU and still in rough shape, but is 100% better today than yesterday. He could call them by name and was talking about what rough shape he was in. He also was able to eat and drink. It was confirmed that he also had a heart attack. We don’t know if the heart attack cased him to swerve on his bike or if it was a result of the shock of the fall.

They found out that he had taken his Jeep to a repair shop and put the bike in the back so that he could ride it back the few blocks to his apartment. On the way back on his bike, he swerved and was hit by a car. The person stopped and a full report was filed. We don’t know why dots were not connected by the police – these are all issues for later. Please give Jack and Julie time to focus on first things first. Julie said that she’s learned that accidents can happen and that she will always carry ID and a “call in the event of emergency numbers“ with her. Much of this could have been avoided if Jim had worn a helmet and had that all important call number with him.

Again, Thanks and Love to ALL – we will update the Facebook page when Jim is out of ICU if not before. And please make sure all your loved ones wear a helmet and carry ID and an “in case of emergency call numbers.”
Like · · Share · 8 hours ago ·

some very good advice . . .something for all of us to remember.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.