June 15, 2024, 12:14:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police make arrest in 18-year-old murder case (CONVICTION)  (Read 5785 times)
Levi
Scared Monkey

« on: December 16, 2007, 08:19:46 PM »

This evil POS ripped this 75 year old woman's organs out of her body! What a cold blooded, evil, blood thirsty monster!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Police make arrest in 18-year-old murder case

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Oklahoma City police have made an arrest in an 18-year-old murder that is considered 1 of the most brutal killings in the city's history.

Police arrested 52-year-old Roderick E. Webster of Oklahoma City yesterday on a murder complaint.

Police believe Webster killed 75-year-old Audrey Harris on March 22nd, 1989.

Webster's daughter described him as a widower who had lost his wife years ago, then said she was confused about the arrest and had never heard of Harris. She then hung up the phone.

Police say someone sneaked into Harris' tiny apartment, knocked her unconscious, sliced her open with a knife and ripped at her internal organs with his hands.

Her common-law husband originally was charged in the case and spent 13 months in jail before being exonerated.

Police proved unable to solve the case until this week.

Police Master Sergeant Gary Knight says the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation re-ran a bloody palm print found at the crime scene and matched it to Webster.

http://tinyurl.com/23njm8
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 08:26:31 AM »

I am looking for a verdict...
this is the last report I have found

Gruesome Oklahoma City killing may go to jury today

Last Modified: 9/11/2009  7:52 AM

A jury today is expected to begin deliberations in a gruesome 1989 cold case involving the fatal disembowelment of a frail, elderly woman inside her Oklahoma City apartment.

The defendant, Roderick E. Webster, 54, of Oklahoma City, is not expected to testify. Jurors on Thursday watched a recording of his 2007 interview with a police detective and district attorney investigator. He was identified in 2007 as a suspect from a bloody palm print inside the apartment and from his DNA found in froth on the victim’s sweater.

Webster is accused of climbing through a bathroom window late March 22, 1989, and then killing Audrey Harris, 75, inside her tiny apartment at 2804 N Robinson. His stepfather, Leon Jones, then lived in the same apartment building.

The victim’s intestines and other organs were ripped and cut from her body and thrown against the walls, according to testimony.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20090911_298_0_Ajuryt764660&allcom=

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:30:58 AM »

September 11, 2009
Jury finds Oklahoma City man guilty of murder in 1989 cold case

A jury today found Roderick E. Webster guilty of first-degree murder in a gruesome 1989 cold case involving the fatal disembowelment of a frail, elderly woman inside her Oklahoma City apartment.

Jurors chose a punishment for Webster, 54, of Oklahoma City, of life in prison without the possibility of parole.
http://newsok.com/jury-finds-oklahoma-city-man-guilty-of-murder-in-1989-cold-case/article/3400167

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:13:33 AM »

September 11, 2009
Jury finds Oklahoma City man guilty of murder in 1989 cold case

A jury today found Roderick E. Webster guilty of first-degree murder in a gruesome 1989 cold case involving the fatal disembowelment of a frail, elderly woman inside her Oklahoma City apartment.

Jurors chose a punishment for Webster, 54, of Oklahoma City, of life in prison without the possibility of parole.
http://newsok.com/jury-finds-oklahoma-city-man-guilty-of-murder-in-1989-cold-case/article/3400167

It took a long time but it looks like justice has prevailed.   Life in prison without the possibility of parole is better than nothing, but in my mind Roderick Webster doesn't deserve such a kind sentence, given the facts of the age and frailty of his victim, the fact he killed her and disemboweled her.  I'm glad he's had to answer to his crimes, even after 18 years passed.  I hope he was looking over his shoulder the whole 18 years.  Or was he thinking all this time he got away with it and he must have been surprised when charges were brought against him with DNA to back it up.  Either way...   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.