May 28, 2024, 06:16:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Alert-Deon Brown (3), Zariyah Brown (1) 2-18-09 <SAFE>  (Read 3782 times)
Weeble
Scared Monkey

« on: February 18, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »

Tacoma police have issued an Amber alert in the case of two children, a 3-year-old boy and a 1-year-old girl, missing from a DSHS office Wednesday morning.

According to the alert, the children were taken from their mother a week ago because of extensive abuse. DSHS believes children are in "grave danger."

Police report their mother's name is Tivice Evans, a 21-year-old woman who is believed to be driving a gray Nissan Sentra, Washington license plate number 617 XBP.

Police have also identified an additional suspect, Ahzariyah Yasharahla, 25.

Anyone with information about the children or the suspects are asked to dial 911, or call the Tacoma police at 253-591-5959.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/seattle911/archives/162302.asp?source=rss
Weeble
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 09:37:19 PM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/topstory/story/631113.html

Amber Alert issued for two Tacoma children

Police were seeking a gray 2007 Nissan Sentra with a Washington license plate: 617XBP.

By Stacey Mulick; The News Tribune
Published: 02/18/09   5:16 pm   |   Updated: 02/18/09   5:28 pm

An Amber Alert has been issued for two young children believed to be taken by their mother during a supervised visit at a Tacoma office.

A vehicle that was sought by police as part of the Amber Alert was found this afternoon in Tacoma, but the driver is not the person they were looking for.

Tacoma Police said the gray 2007 Nissan Sentra was being driven by another family member, not the mother who reportedly took her two children from a supervised visit at a Tacoma office this morning.

State social workers had taken Zariyah Brown, 1, and her 3-year-old brother, Deon Brown, from their home six days ago because of “extensive abuse,” the Amber Alert states.

The mother, 24-year-old Tivice Evans, and her boyfriend, 25-year-old Ahzariyah Yasharahla, were scheduled for a supervised visit with the boy and the girl this morning at the Department of Social and Health Services Office on South State Street in Tacoma.

Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum said the children were taken during the supervised visit about 11 a.m.

Zariyah is described as a black, 2 feet 8 and 24 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Deon is black, 3 feet 5 and weighs 43 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information about the children or the car is asked to call 911.
Weeble
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_021809WAB-amber-alert-SW.2bfcab02.html

(A good video on this page).

TACOMA, Wash. - An AMBER Alert has been issued for two children that police say were kidnapped from a Tacoma DSHS office by the mother and mother’s boyfriend.

But, the boyfriend's own mother claims the kids are not in danger and that Child Protective Services took the kids illegally.

Weeble
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »

Missing Tacoma kids back in state custody after Amber Alert

By BRIAN EVERSTINE; brian.everstine@thenewstribune.com
Published: 02/18/09   8:20 pm   |   Updated: 02/18/09   9:46 pm

An Amber Alert ended Wednesday night in Tacoma when two children were buckled into a Tacoma police detective’s sedan and driven away from their mother for the second time within a week.

“It feels like someone ripped my heart out and is stepping on it,” their mother, Tivice Evans, said Wednesday night.

Evans’ two children, 1-year-old Zariyah Brown and 3-year-old Deon Brown, were taken from their home six days ago. The state Department of Health and Human Services says the children have been abused. Evans says that’s false.

Evans and boyfriend Ahzariyah Yasharahla were on a supervised visit with the children about 11 a.m. Wednesday at a Department of Health and Human Services office on South State Street in Tacoma, and left with the two children. Authorities issued an Amber Alert a few hours later.

An Amber Alert is issued when children are suspected of being abducted.

The alert Wednesday asked the public to look for a gray Nissan Sentra, which was found that afternoon with a relative of the couple behind the wheel. Eventually, police were able to talk to the parents by phone and make arrangements to transfer the children to Child Protective Services.

Tacoma police met the parents at the Kingdom of Yah of Hosts Sanctuary on South 21st and J streets in Tacoma. Family members and friends comforted the mother and boyfriend after the children were driven away. Members of the sanctuary said they plan to help the children return to Evans’ custody.

“Our trust is in the good people … hopefully due process will be done,” said Michael Ward-Israel, who runs the sanctuary.

Evans said she lived with the children in Milwaukee and was investigated by Child Protective Services there, but nothing came from it. The abuse allegations in Tacoma are a misunderstanding, she said.

A custody hearing is scheduled for this afternoon. Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum said the investigation was continuing, and no charges had been filed.

The two children spent a few hours at Tacoma police headquarters after being taken Wednesday night and were transferred to CPS custody.

“The bottom line is that everybody’s safe and the kids are back in custody,” Fulghum said.

Brian Everstine: 253-597-8374 blogs.thenewstribune.com/crime

Staff reporter Stacey Mulick contributed to this report.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/topstories/story/631113.html

(I don't know how to edit a title, so if one of the mods wants to change it, it would be much appreciated by this challenged one.  )
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 05:16:21 PM »

You can't edit, lol. Admin and Mods can. I'll fix it. Glad they are safe!Thanks!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 05:21:58 PM »

AMBER Alert children found safe~~~~~~~!!
TACOMA, Wash. – The children and mother at the center of a statewide AMBER Alert have been located and the children are safe.

KING 5 reporter Chris Daniels was the first to make contact with the mother, Tivice Evans. Daniels spoke to Evans and her boyfriend, Ahzariyah Yasharahla, as they were waiting for Tacoma Police to arrive at their church. The children were in the room at the time.

The AMBER Alert was issued for 1-year-old Zariyah Brown and 3-year-old Deon Brown after DSHS says Evans and Yasharahla kidnapped the children from a DSHS building in Tacoma Wednesday morning.

The children had been taken into protective custody last week due to reports of extensive abuse. But, Evans says it all started because Deon has a skin condition that was misdiagnosed by officers as abuse.

“What we asked them to do is just search (Deon’s) records … and affirm that he has this condition, which they have not done,” said Yasharahla. “They have completely violated their own policies and procedures which we had to do research on and pull up because they refused to give it to us.”

Yasharahla's mother concurs.

“The mother went to visit her children, who were taken illegally from CPS, and when she went in there and they still did not have a court date, she said, ‘I have my children. I'm leaving. You took them illegally. I'm taking my children back,’” said Agatha Hill. “She could not pick up her little daughter, so of course, he's walking out. He's driving her. He picks the baby up. Those are her children.”

Tacoma Police arrived at the church a short time after the family spoke to KING 5. The children were taken back into state custody. Evans and Yasharahla were not arrested.

Police were initially searching for a gray 2007 Nissan Sentra 4-door with Washington license plate number 617XBP. That vehicle was located in Tacoma about an hour after the alert was issued, but the family was not inside.

Washington State Department of Transportation signs started flashing the information for drivers, but not for about 45 minutes after the alert was issued.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29267682/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Weeble
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 04:58:21 PM »

You can't edit, lol. Admin and Mods can. I'll fix it. Glad they are safe!Thanks!

Thank you Nut.  I'm so glad they are safe too. 
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 05:19:05 PM »

I am so happy the children were found safe!

PS Weeble your avatar is very sweet.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Weeble
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 12:47:31 AM »

I am so happy the children were found safe!

PS Weeble your avatar is very sweet.

Thank you Bleached Black, you hair goddess you.  That picture just radiates pure love to me.  I only wish more humans were as evolved as Anjana the chimp.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.