May 29, 2024, 10:12:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larry Gene Casteel Jr. 40, Texas-Last seen 7/15/09 Dementia & Mild Retardation (body found)  (Read 3960 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 30, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id=%27M8/4/200910:45:21AM%27

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin
Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 8/4/2009

Name: Larry Gene Casteel Jr
AKA: Gene
Case Number: M0908002
Case Type: Disabled - Endangered
Last Seen in: Fort Worth (Tarrant County)
Last Seen on: 7/15/2009
Height: 5' 02"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Age Missing: 40
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 1/27/1969
Race: White
Sex: Male
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Mr. Casteel was last seen wearing a blue striped polo style shirt, blue jeans and black and brown suede hiking boots. He suffers from dementia and mild retardation. Mr. Casteel is known to not look directly at whoever is speaking to him and does not talk much. He has a hairlip scar and a sunburn scar on his left cheek below his eye. He also has multiple tattoos on his person, which include, "Auburn University", "AU", and "Get "Er Done" on his back.

Additional Pictures

Date Picture Updated: 8/4/2009

You can contact the Missing Persons Clearinghouse at :

Missing Persons Clearinghouse
Texas Department of Public Safety
P O Box 4087
Austin, Texas 78773-0422
Phone: (512) 424-5074
Helpline: (800) 346-3243

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »

OMG how horrible....... 

Police puzzled as to why Fort Worth man was beaten to death
Posted Monday, Mar. 29, 2010
FORT WORTH -- There are years of Larry "Gene" Casteel's life that are unknown to his family, times when the mentally challenged man would simply disappear.

"You just never knew when he might leave, and it might be months, it might be years before we'd hear from him," said his stepmother, Trish Casteel.

But in the last decade or so, Gene Casteel had stopped running, telling one family member that he had gotten too old to be living on the streets.

In May 2009, after years of living in Alabama, the 40-year-old man with childlike tendencies moved with his father, stepmother and sister to Mansfield. He got a janitorial job at Six Flags Over Texas. He dreamed of getting an apartment of his own.

But on July 15, 2009, after completing a job placement test at a Goodwill facility in southeast Fort Worth, Casteel vanished again.

Last month, DNA tests confirmed that human remains found in September at an illegal dump site near downtown were his. Homicide detectives say he had been beaten to death with a heavy object, possibly a baseball bat, and are still trying to identify his killer.

"He was very trusting, and I think that probably got him into some trouble," Trish Casteel said.

Why someone would want to kill Casteel stymies investigators.

He was believed to have been carrying little or no cash when he disappeared. His wallet, which is still missing, contained a Social Security card and an inactivated debit card, neither of which has been used since his disappearance. His cellphone, which also has not been recovered, had not been used since his disappearance.

Homicide Detective Matt Barron said the lack of an obvious motive concerns him because Casteel may have been targeted merely because he was mentally challenged and homeless.

"What did they have to gain from killing [him]?" Barron said. "It was very obvious that he didn't function in the normal way, so that worries me greatly that someone just did it for sport."

A puzzling disappearance

What prompted Casteel to leave the Goodwill facility that July morning still puzzles his family.

Trish Casteel said she had dropped off her stepson so he could take a job placement test in hopes of getting a job at a Walgreen's warehouse. The test, which had psychological and IQ exams, was supposed to take six hours.

But Casteel finished early. Instead of waiting for his stepmother to pick him up as they had planned, he signed out and left the facility about 11:20 a.m.

When Trish Casteel arrived about 3:30 p.m., her stepson was nowhere to be found. She checked inside the Goodwill store and a nearby gas station. She drove up and down to Interstate 20, hoping she'd find him walking around, but to no avail.

Disappearing had been commonplace for Gene when he was younger.

"He would just kind of take off," Trish Casteel said. "I could drop him off at school in the morning and he'd go in the front door and out the back. It was almost like something would click. ... There was really no rhyme or reason to why it would happen."

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/03/29/2075670/police-puzzled-as-to-why-fort.html#ixzz0op8MTtOP

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:05:40 PM »

Beaten to death?      I'm so sorry this was the way Larry Casteel's life ended.  My condolences to his family and friends.  Rest in peace, Larry.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 03:39:01 PM »

Wonder why his stepmother keeps talking about what he would do as a child -- behavior he allegedly no longer did?  Why isn't she talking about his behavior now, not then.  Just rambling.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.