June 15, 2024, 01:48:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Mariam Makhniashvili - 08/14/09 - Toronto, ON  (Read 37754 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2012, 05:00:22 AM »

I was reading about this body find' yesterday and wondered.....................

Mother of missing Toronto girl gets call from police after body found
carys mills AND timothy appleby
Globe and Mail Update
Published Thursday, Mar. 01, 2012 6:46PM EST
The mother of Mariam Makhniashvili, who has been missing for more than two years, has been contacted by police after a body was found in north Toronto on Tuesday.

Mariam’s mother, Lela Tabidze, said police contacted her earlier this week but provided little information, warning her “just in case” the body is her daughter’s.

Ms. Tabidze said police have called her before in similar situations, and nothing seems different this time.

“It could be anything,” Ms. Tabidze said. “They always keep me updated.”

A police source familiar with the investigation said Mariam's mother was notified the same day the body was found, near where Highway 401 intersects with Yonge Street.

“If you have a very high-profile missing [person] and then a body is found, you'd have to tell the parents quickly, “ the source said.

“Whatever this turns out to be, what [the police] didn't want was for her to be hearing about it in the media.”

::snipping2::

A forensic pathologist at the coroner’s office and the Centre of Forensic Sciences are analyzing the remains to determine the dead person’s age, gender and cause of death and to estimate how long the body had been there, police said.

“At this point we don’t even know the sex of the remains,” said Constable Wendy Drummond, a Toronto Police Service spokeswoman. “We’ve got a forensic pathologist who is working on the case and we haven’t received any information back.”

Autopsy results aren’t expected until next week, police said.

more
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/toronto/mother-of-missing-toronto-girl-gets-call-from-police-after-body-found/article2355900/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:24:27 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2012, 05:17:12 AM »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/03/01/toronto-body-found.html

Police forensics crews have been scouring an underpass at Yonge Street and Highway 401 to help identify human remains found there.

Few details about the investigation have been released, but the remains were found on the banks of a ravine and have been there for two to three years.

Construction workers near the site said they were told the remains were those of a woman, but police have not confirmed that.

Area resident Ron Martin says the site is tucked away and few people would have known about it.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2012, 07:42:24 AM »

Thanks Nut.  There was clothing found near the remains.  I wonder if they fit the description of Mariams.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2012, 03:29:06 PM »

me 2

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »

Tragic end in Mariam case: Teen killed in apparent fall from highway overpass
Diana Mehta, The Canadian Press Mar 09, 2012 16:45:00 PM

TORONTO - They searched for Mariam Makhniashvili across the country and eventually found her body less than an hour away from where she was last seen.

A case that baffled authorities for two and a half years came to a grim resolution Friday as Toronto police announced that remains found in the city's north end were those of the missing teen, who was killed in an apparent fall from a highway overpass.

While they wouldn't go as far as labelling her death a suicide, police suggested Mariam may have been depressed and firmly stated foul play was not suspected.

"The post-mortem indicated that the cause of death was consistent with a fall from a significant height, that the deceased was more than likely alive at the time of the fall," said Staff Insp. Greg McLane.

"The findings are not consistent with a homicide or a suspicious death."

When asked if Mariam took her own life, McLane said the post-mortem results "could be consistent with that conclusion."

::snipping2::  much more
http://www.680news.com/news/national/article/339330--body-found-in-wooded-area-is-toronto-teen-mariam-missing-for-2-1-2-years

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2012, 06:24:39 PM »

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »

RIP MARIAM.........you can go home now.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2012, 06:30:41 PM »

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120309/Update-remains-prompted-call-Mariam-mom-120309/20120309/?hub=TorontoNewHome    video

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »

How very sad.

R. I. P Mariam.   an angelic monkey
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2012, 10:55:25 AM »

RIP MARIAM.........you can go home now.
RIP
 an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.