May 28, 2024, 05:46:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phuong Le, 25yrs, nursing graduate, missing Suisun City, Calif. 4/25/10 (Body Found)  (Read 44709 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 12:22:53 PM »

Edward - you are most likely correct.  I was just hoping.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 12:27:06 PM »

I agree with you too.. She could be running from, who knows what in her culture.. 
I just notice the younger generation is less Vietnamese and far more Americanized. Even spoiled a little.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 10:00:15 AM »

Updated: 7:55 pm PDT May 2, 2010

Missing Woman's Ex-Boss Served Search Warrants

SUISUN CITY, Calif. -- The mystery surrounding the disappearance of Fairfield woman continued to develop Saturday as KTVU learned law enforcement agents served search warrants to her former boss the night before.

Phuong Le, 25, disappeared six days ago after being seen last at a Fairfield bookstore. On Friday night, the night of her 25th birthday, friends and family held a vigil for her in an attempt to continue to draw attention to her disappearance.

Amid the balloons and candles, Fairfield detectives watched the somber gathering closely, taking photos and video the entire time.

The next day police briefed Phuong's brothers, who have spearheaded the search for her, and told them they had served search warrants to 40-year-old Tchu Nguyen at both his house and his business, Postal Express in Suisun City.

Years before, Phuong Le worked at Ngyuen’s Postal Express a few years ago before entering nursing school.

Sources say police were led to Nguyen because when Phuong's car was found unlocked outside a Fairfield book store with her backpack and other belongings in it, Nguyen's number was the last one showing on her cell phone.

A neighboring merchant described to KTVU how he saw plain-clothes police and possibly FBI swoop down on Nguyen's business Friday evening.

“What I saw was a bunch of feds, a bunch of suits, bunch suits and ties. That's what I saw,” said the merchant, who requested not to be named. “These guys were too quiet, and too well dressed to be anything else.”

Police also served a warrant at Nguyen’s home, in Fairfield's Rancho Solano neighborhood. At both locations, sources say, computers were among the items seized.

Friends remember Phuong talking about her old job at the postal store, but not Nguyen in particular.

“If somebody was doing something, I think she would have said something,” said Amy Demartini, a friend of Phoung Le. “We're like a sisterhood, and I think something would have come out.”

The family told KTVU that they regarded Nguyen as a "brother" and don't believe he had anything to do with Phuong's disappearance.

After six days, her friends are simply fighting their fears.

”That we'll never find her, or find out what happened to her, that she won't come home,” said

Phuong le's loved ones say they won't give up, and will continue leaf-letting throughout Solano County.

KTVU manage to get store owner Nguyen on the phone, Saturday and he denied any involvement in Phoung Le’s disappearance.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/23425139/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 10:34:52 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-46795-Missing-Persons-Examiner~y2010m5d2-Where-is-Phuong-L(video)
Where is Phuong Le?
May 2, 2010

Phuong Le, 24 had just finished the nursing program at Solano College in Fairfield, California, and had passed the board. On Sunday, April 25th, 2010, around 4:00 p.m., she drove to the Barnes and Noble bookstore in a shopping plaza on Gateway Drive, and has not been seen since.

A witness in the store told police he saw her sitting down reading a book and did not appear to be stressed.

Tchu Nguyes a friend and former boss of Phuong, says she called him around 6:00 p.m. Sunday, and was upset about her financial situation and not being able to find work as a nurse.

In spite of that, Phuong was planning on celebrating passing the NCLEX test for her nursing license.

"She just got her license about two weeks ago. She was really happy about that. Our family was planning to give her a big party today for her birthday and getting her license," sand Huong Le, Phuong's brother.

Huong said that Phuong went to Barnes and Noble to calm down after having a fight with another sibling. When Phuong didn't come home, he went looking for her and found her unlocked car in the parking lot of the Barnes and Noble. He called the Suisun City police.

The Suisun and Fairfield police department have not identified anyone who would want to hurt Phuong and they have not found any indication of foul play. They are planning to obtain DNA samples from the family.

Phuong's car, a 1997 white Honda Accord, sat in the Barnes and Noble parking lot until Tuesday, April 27th, before they towed it to the police station to look for clues. They have also gone to Phuong's home and searched her bedroom and purse, which had her credit cards, passport and social security card in it.

Volunteers have searched the marshes near Grizzly Island but have found no leads.

"When you're in a secluded area, you think it's a horrible thing you are going to find out here," volunteer Jennifer Caswell told News10.

To help in the search and/or pass out fliers, you can contact Tuan Le at 707-373-7575.  More information can be found on the Facebook page that Phuong's family have set up.

Phuong is described as Asian, 5'3", 105 lbs., brown eyes, black hair.

I wonder if this is the last number/call that was on Phuong Le's cell phone the police were checking into?
http://www.ktvu.com/news/23425139/detail.html
(snip)
The next day police briefed Phuong's brothers, who have spearheaded the search for her, and told them they had served search warrants to 40-year-old Tchu Nguyen at both his house and his business, Postal Express in Suisun City.

Years before, Phuong Le worked at Ngyuen’s Postal Express a few years ago before entering nursing school.

Sources say police were led to Nguyen because when Phuong's car was found unlocked outside a Fairfield book store with her backpack and other belongings in it, Nguyen's number was the last one showing on her cell phone.

(snip)
KTVU manage to get store owner Nguyen on the phone, Saturday and he denied any involvement in Phoung Le’s disappearance.
I wonder who the witness was that said they saw Phuong sitting in the bookstore, but the security cameras indicate otherwise.  Was it an error on the part of the witness, perhaps getting days mixed up with the sighting or was it a deliberate lie to deceive?

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:42:18 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 10:36:01 AM »

I can't imagine they swooped down on this guy Nguyen without some good reason.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 02:17:18 PM »

For some reason this disappearance has really bothered me....thanks to cece and everyone who pickup up on this,.....I have been a bit under the weather and didn't have the energy to look for more info...........

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 02:27:34 PM »

http://cbs13.com/local/fairfield.police.suisun.2.1668925.html
(Video)
Police Still Searching For Missing Nurse
April 1, 2010

Detectives from Fairfield and neighboring Suisun City continue to look for leads as the search for a woman who would have been celebrating her 25th birthday Friday continues.

A search warrant was served at the home and business of Phuong Le's friend and former boss, Tchu Nguyen, who was reportedly the last person to speak with her before her disappearance.

Nguyen has not been named as a person of interest in the case.

Police say Phuong Le disappeared sometime after leaving her home in Suisun city Sunday afternoon.

Her car, along with some personal items, was found outside a Barnes and Nobles bookstore Monday morning.

Investigators have determined that Le was in the bookstore around 8:30 p.m. Sunday.

Her family says she recently passed a nursing licensing exam and often went to the store to study.

Meanwhile, hundreds of people turned out to attend a candle vigil Friday night.

The vigil was held on the front lawn of Solano Community College, where Le had been a student

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 02:30:29 PM »

http://cbs13.com/local/missing.nurse.boss.2.1671625.html
(Video)
Cops: Missing Nurse Had Relationship With Ex-Boss
Dedicated Tip Line: (707) 428-7345
April 3, 2010

Fairfield Police have confirmed that a missing nurse had had a relationship with her former boss whose home and office were searched this weekend.

Detectives from Fairfield and neighboring Suisun City continue to look for leads in the disappearance of Phuong Le who would have been celebrating her 25th birthday last Friday.

This weekend search warrant was served at the home and business of Phuong Le's friend and former boss, Tchu Nguyen, who was reportedly the last person to speak with her before her disappearance.

Today, detectives confirmed the two had been in a relationship but are denying rumors that Le was pregnant.

Nguyen has not been named as a person of interest in the case nor has anyone else.

Police say Phuong Le disappeared sometime after leaving her home in Suisun city on Sunday afternoon April 25th.

Her car, along with some personal items, was found outside a Barnes and Nobles bookstore Monday morning.

Investigators have determined that Le was in the bookstore around 8:30 p.m. Sunday.  Surveillance video from Barnes and Nobles did not show Le. They are now checking surveillance video from surrounding businesses.

Her family says she recently passed a nursing licensing exam and often went to the store to study.

Detectives have also interviewed all of Le's classmates at Solano Community College.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 02:31:33 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109152475792916

HELP FIND PHUONG is on Facebook

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 02:32:10 PM »

OY !
This is all about that..
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 02:35:38 PM »

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=80647&catid=2
(Video)
Former boss says he's not involved in Suisun City nurse's disappearance

Updated 16 hrs. ago

FAIRFIELD, CA - The former boss of a missing Suisun City woman said he had nothing to do with Phuong Le's disappearance and was cooperating with investigators as the search for the young nurse moved into its second week late Sunday.

Neighbors of Thuc Nguyen confirmed to News10 that Fairfield police searched Nguyen's Fairfield home in the Rancho Solano area Friday, allegedly searching for clues to Le's disappearance.

Le, 25, was last seen April 25 at the Fairfield Barnes and Nobles store in the Gateway Drive shopping plaza.

Brother Huong Le said his sister worked at Nguyen's Suisun City Postal Express store for nearly two years and described Nguyen as a friend of the Le family.

Fairfield police Lt. Al Bagos said Sunday the department would not confirm any details of possible search warrants served at the Nguyen home or his business and would not comment on any possible connection between Nguyen and Le's disappearance.

However, neighbors of Nguyen said they saw Fairfield police officers searching the house Friday.

"Neighbors are on edge," said one Rancho Solano resident, who asked not to be identified. "Most of us don't believe it."

When contacted Sunday, Nguyen would not confirm whether his home and business were searched. However, Nguyen told News10 he has been visited by police in connection with the Le case and was cooperating fully with investigators.

Nguyen also said he was home last Sunday when Le disappeared and video surveillance can prove he never left during the time Le is believed to have disappeared.

Huong Le said he is "surprised, shocked and confused" by reports that Nguyen's home and business were searched.

Le's unlocked car was found Monday, her purse and cellphone left inside, according to Fairfield investigators.

"I never thought that would happen," Le said. Le also denied rumors that his sister and Nguyen may have been romantically involved.

"He is married and has two kids," Le said.
  *See above post I found just before this one that has the police saying Nguyen and Phoung Le had been in a relationship.   

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 03:06:31 PM »

That is the point LE. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 03:08:34 PM »

OY !
This is all about that..

Yes, we know what it's about now.  I suspect this isn't going to turn out well. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 03:13:43 PM »

OY !
This is all about that..

Yes, we know what it's about now.  I suspect this isn't going to turn out well. 

yep, I agree.............

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 03:15:25 PM »

Sorry somedays are better then others, So are you all thinking she was killed because she was pg?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 03:20:37 PM »

She is either running for Honor or she is dead for Honor.

I hope she is running and it could happen to be true.. So that is a good hope.
jmho
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »

ohhh ok, now I get it. What about the man that helped get her pg, does he have to die for honor as well? Just saying....

I hope that is not the case, I hope she ran off to hide or whatever.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 07:08:20 PM »

For what it's worth and JMHO... I did not like the feeling I got when I saw the brother interviewed.  Don't know why....BUT I do not want to cast any shadow across the culture.  Three of my kids are Vietnamese and we have ties to the culture and many VN in Ca.  I have not seen that kind of "honor killing", or anything of that nature.  But, that said, the brother gave me uncomfortable feelings.  I hope this girl is found well and safe

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2010, 07:44:10 PM »

http://www.solanotempest.net/campus/vigil-held-at-scc-for-missing-woman-1.1470921
Vigil held at SCC for missing woman
May 3, 2010

Arturo Ramos
Aurelia Renta and former classmates of Phuong Le, gather outside of SCC for a candlelight vigil in support of Le's family on her 25th birthday.

Teachers, former classmates, friends and family all gathered in front of Solano Community College to sing, pray and share stories of one woman, Phuong Le.

Le, a former nursing student at SCC, went missing a few days before the nursing department came together to host a candlelight vigil in support of her family on her 25th birthday, Friday night.

Candles were lit, posters were signed and tears were shed as moments with Le were remembered and shared with all present. As Le was described as nothing less than an outstanding student, a caring friend and loving of her family, everyone was in astonishment about what could have happened to the reserved, quiet woman.

“It was during our anatomy days I met Phuong,” said Aurelia Renta. “Phuong is a quiet, simple individual.”

Renta reminisced on their school days together and even said that Le was at times a jokester.

She finished her speech with a message to her friend: “To Phuong, happy birthday, hang in there.”

Le had just passed her nursing exams and was excited to tell everyone the news. Although she was struggling to find work, everyone agreed Le was dedicated and wanted to continue learning new things.

“She wanted very much to be a nurse and worked very hard to get to that point,” said Maire Morinec, dean of nursing and health occupations at SCC. “Phuong was one of those students that quietly went through the class but in her own quiet way just stood out.”

Morinec said that the school has posted flyers which are up in all of the buildings. She also encouraged students to always go study with someone and to be safe.

Le was last seen on April 25 at the Barnes & Noble bookstore in Fairfield, which was a normal spot for her to be. Le’s brother located her car with her belongings in the parking lot of the bookstore when he went out to look for her after she hadn’t come home. This behavior is not a normal one for Le, as her family stated she would usually arrive home before midnight.

“I was trying to get her to come out of her shell,” said former classmate Amy DeMartini. She described Le as sweet, kindhearted, loveable and caring.

“I’m still in shock and numb, it’s crazy in a nutshell,” said DeMartini. “We just want her home.” 

Anyone who has any information is urged to contact the Fairfield-Suisun Police Department at (707) - 421-7373. Family and friends have also created a Facebook page in effort to help spread the word of Le’s disappearance and send out messages of ways the community can help locate her.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2010, 07:52:55 PM »

http://www.kcra.com/news/23436900/detail.html
Fairfield Police Get Far-Flung Reports Of Le Sightings
Man Arrested Outside Philadelphia On Suspicion Of Electronic Harassment
May 3, 2010

FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- As Fairfield police search for clues in the disappearance of a Solano County woman, police outside Philadelphia have arrested a man on suspicion of electronic harassment after he claimed to know her whereabouts.
Meanwhile, the missing woman's family woman said they're being kept on the dark on why police searched the home and business of her former employer.

Phuong Le disappeared sometime after leaving her home in Suisun City on April 25. Investigators have determined she was in a Barnes and Nobles bookstore at about 8:30 p.m. that night; her car, along with some personal items, was found outside the next morning. Le's family said she recently passed a nursing licensing exam and often went to the bookstore to study.

According to police, a 22-year-old man was arrested Monday morning in Chester Township, Pa., for text messaging or e-mailing someone close to the case claiming he knew Le's whereabouts. The Fairfield Police Department wouldn't say who was receiving those text messages or e-mails, only that it wasn't for someone in law enforcement. Police didn't comment on whether the recipient or recipients were family members.

The police department said it's gotten false reports from as far away as Florida of people claiming to have seen Le, who would have been celebrating her 25th birthday Friday.

On Friday night, plainclothes law enforcement officers swept down on a Postal Express in Suisun City, where Le used to work. Search warrants were also served at the home of its owner, Thuc Nguyen. Computers were among the items seized from both the store and Nguyen's home, sources said.

Nguyen had no comment Monday. Fairfield police wouldn't elaborate on what type of relationship Le and Nguyen had, only saying that it went beyond a typical employer-employee relationship. Nguyen had corresponded with Le as recently as the day she disappeared, police said.

Le's family said they spoke with police Monday morning. Relatives said they don't know why Nguyen's home or business was searched, and they also said they don't know of any romantic relationship.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.