May 28, 2024, 08:29:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man's Body Found Chopped Up in Cement 11/6/10 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Warren Danzig) JAMIE SAFFRAN convicted  (Read 12084 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: November 10, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »

Body Found Chopped Up in Cement Mix
All Fort Lauderdale police have to go on is a shoe and prescription glasses

By TODD WRIGHT
Updated 5:31 PM EST, Tue, Nov 9, 2010
The remains of a man were found over the weekend chopped up in a bucket that was filled with cement in a canal in Fort Lauderdale, police said Tuesday.

The bits and pieces of human body parts found in the cement will be hard to identify, but cops said they believe they have the shoe and prescription glasses the male victim was wearing.

Police said the victim was a white male, between 5'8", six feet tall, and wore a size 10 sneaker.

On Saturday, the bucket containing the human remains washed up near Northeast 26 Street and Federal Highway behind a local diner, Egg and U.

Police would not say what body parts were found in the cement mix, but they are still searching the canal for more parts.
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Body-Found-Chopped-Up-in-Cement-Mix-106993389.html
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:55:00 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 11:44:40 AM »

Police find human remains in canal

11/9/10

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (WSVN) -- Police are seeking the public's help in identifying a murder victim whose remains were placed in a South Florida canal.

Fort Lauderdale Police held a news conference to discuss a homicide investigation into the remains, Tuesday afternoon. According to investigators, a homeowner found the remains in a container near Northeast 26th Street and Federal Highway over the weekend. The homeowner said he found the container, which weighed about 175 pounds, floating in the canal. "It had a stench to it that I knew wasn't normal," said the homeowner.

Police said, the container was filled with concrete and also contained a pair of gray size 10 New Balance sneakers and eyeglasses prescribed for a farsighted person. Fort Lauderdale Police Sergeant Frank Sousa said, "When you opened it, you could see one of the sneakers, so obviously, the sneaker was detached from the body part."

Police said, the victim appears to be a white adult male, about 5 feet 8 inches to 6 feet in height. According to authorities, the victim's body was hacked into several pieces. The victim was killed sometime last week, and police speculate the container with his remains was in the canal for three to four days before it was discovered. "They went to great lengths to dispose of it in a manner that we wouldn't be able to identify the victim," said Sousa.

Investigators would not elaborate on what body parts were found in the container. Sousa said, "There's body parts in this container. What body parts we have, at this point, we're not at liberty to release at this point."

Police divers searched the canal where the container was found to try to locate more clues to the identity of the victim. "We're trying to find more body parts," said Sousa.

Residents in the area were shocked by the gruesome discovery. "It's frightening to think that this is happening in your neighborhood, and who knows if whoever has done whatever lives in your neighborhood as well," said Karen Marsal, who lives near the canal.

Police are now looking for the person responsible for this heinous crime. According to authorities, they have not found anything that leads them to believe this murder is tied to the mob or any other type of organized crime. "We don't have reason to believe, at this point, that it'd be mob-related based on the nature that it was done, but again, I think one of the important things for the general public to understand: whoever did this was heinous. Whoever did this had no regard. Whoever did this went to great lengths to conceal the identity of this victim," Sousa said. "To kill somebody is cold, but then to go and violently sever their body parts in the manner that this person did this is just unexplainable."

If you have any information on this murder, call Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21002703424547/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 11:45:43 AM »

Appears to be a video at the link that may show his glasses and sneaker, but I can't see it................

Nov 9, 2010 6:06 pm US/Eastern
Police Need Help Identifying Human Remains

Divers dipping below the surface in the canal behind homes around NE 26th Street and Federal Highway right on the border of Fort Lauderdale and Wilton Manors. They're hunting for a gruesome find. They're looking for body parts – already, they found a box full on Saturday.

Investigators say it was a hacked up body, with concrete poured on top of it.

"Who ever did this was heinous," said Fort Lauderdale Police Sgt. Frank Sousa. "Who ever did this has no regard, who ever did this went thru great length to conceal the identity of the victim."

And so far, it's worked, police have no idea who the victim is.

"It was found here at 11 o'clock Saturday morning," explained Allan, who does not want to give his last night. The box floated up behind Allan's house, in the two thousand block of Coral Shores Drive. He explained it as a 45 gallon storage bin on wheels. He was shocked to learn what was inside. "Kind of weird and scary and concerned," he said.

"This is one of the shoes recovered inside of the bin," said Sousa, holding up a New Balance size 10 shoe, covered in concrete. Police are hoping someone will recognize the shoes – and possibly his designer prescription glasse, they were found in that concrete along with the body parts. They figure the victim was a man – about 5'8"– thru 6 feet tall – and they don't have much more.

"That's why we're here to day showing you the glasses, showing you the shoes, in hopes that someone will recognize this as their loved one or someone they haven't heard from in couple of days," said Sousa.

Right now – investigators are trying to figure out if the victim was alive or dead when the body was dismembered. At this point, they just don't know – what is evident is that this case is like something out of an episode of a crime show – and it has police wondering who could be so twisted.

"I don't care who you are, we are all human beings living in the same general society, to kill somebody is cold but then to go an violently severe their body parts in the manor in which this person did, is just unexplainable," said Sousa.

Detectives believe the person was killed sometime between October 31 and November 4.

If you have information, call Broward Crimestoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
http://cbs4.com/local/human.remains.bones.2.2003171.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 01:31:11 PM »

Thanks Faith-HFTM

wish they'd show the glasses out of the baggie... 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »

Nov 14, 2010 3:56 pm US/Eastern

Human Skull Found Along Dania Beach Canal

DANIA BEACH - A grisly discovery was made Sunday on bank of a canal in Dania Beach.

The Broward Sheriff's Office said they received word around 11 a.m. that a human body part had been found in the 800 block of Old Griffin Road.

According to BSO spokeswoman Veda Coleman-Wright an employee from a used auto parts store, Millions of Parts, said he found what appeared to be a human head. He told deputies he found the skull when a man, who works across the street from the scene, was cleaning the canal bank with a backhoe.

The Sheriff's Office has taped off the area and is searching it to see if they are any other remains. Detectives from Ft. Lauderdale are assisting in the search on the land as BSO's Dive Team searches the canal itself.

Coleman-Wright said it's too early to say if Sunday's finding is connected with Fort Lauderdale's body parts case.
http://cbs4.com/local/skull.dania.beach.2.2009215.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 04:16:07 PM »

General vinicity between the two places body parts found.......

Apx. 9 miles ....straight shot Rt 1

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=800%20Old%20Griffin%20Rd.%2C%20Dania%20Beach%20FL%20to%202621%20N%20Federal%20Hwy.%2C%20Fort%20Lauderdale%2C%20FL

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 08:18:24 AM »

Police connect remains found in separate cities

11/23/10

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (WSVN) -- Police are sharing new details involving the recent findings of human remains in two separate locations.

Investigators have announced that they have made a connection in the cases, which are both still very fresh to detectives.

On Nov. 15, in Dania Beach, a man cleaning trash from the bank of a canal found a suspicious looking bucket. He picked it up only to find the head of a human being inside.

About a week before that case, on Nov. 6, another set of human remains were found in a canal in Fort Lauderdale. Police released images of shoes and glasses as evidence, hoping it would trigger some sort of information as to who this person might be.

Now, Fort Lauderdale Police have revealed the remains from these two finds are that of the same person, but investigators still do not know who this person is.

If you have any information on these remains, call Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21002822884756/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 12:19:37 PM »

I am going to drop this here until they find out if it's related to the above case........

Fisherman find body parts in plastic container
Updated: Saturday, 27 Nov 2010, 11:23 AM EST

MIAMI (AP) - Police are investigating after human remains were found near a South Florida canal.

Two fishermen spotted a plastic storage container Friday, removed the lid and discovered the remains. Miami-Dade Police have not released the victim's age, race or gender and asked nearby residents to report any suspicious activity in the area.

The discovery comes a few weeks after a man's body was found chopped up and stuffed inside a container that had been weighted down with concrete in Broward County.

It's unclear if the two are related.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/state_news/112710-fishermen-find-body-parts

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 04:59:41 AM »

posted: Yesterday at 5:40 pm EST

NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. (WSVN) -- The gender of a person whose remains were found in a canal has been released.

Two men were fishing near Northwest 183rd Street and Northwest 73rd Avenue when they discovered a human torso in a plastic container, last Friday.

A medical examiner has determined that the remains that were found in the canal belong to a man.

Investigators are still trying to identify the victim.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21002876694275/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »

Police arrest man in human remains case
Posted: Today at 6:40 pm EST      Last Updated: Today at 7:04 pm EST
DAVIE, Fla. (WSVN) -- Police have arrested a man weeks after finding body parts in three different South Florida cities.

Crime scene investigators from the Broward Sheriff's Office, Miami-Dade Police Department and Fort Lauderdale Police, among others, arrived with about a half dozen CSI trucks and established a command center outside the home of 51-year-old Jamie Saffran, on the 6400 block of Southwest 57th Avenue, Tuesday.

Police arrested Saffran, a family man with a wife and college-age daughter, for the murder of a man found in pieces, scattered along waterways in both Broward and Miami-Dade Counties. Police confirmed the suspect and victim were acquaintances, but they have not identified the victim.

Saffran was charged with one count of murder. Police believe he is behind the murder of a man whose foot, shoe and glasses were found in Fort Lauderdale on Nov. 6, inside a container. Then, in Dania Beach, on Nov. 14, employees at a body shop found the victim's head inside a bucket that had washed ashore, near a canal. Finally, in Northwest Miami-Dade, on Nov. 26, two fishermen found another container holding more body parts that belonged to the same victim.

Police have been at the home for the better part of the day. They donned white outfits and carried out boxes and bags with unknown contents. Police would not comment on what was taken in those containers. "What we're looking for is part of the active and on-going investigation," said Fort Lauderdale Police Sgt. Frank Sousa. "I think the most important thing here is that we now know who our victim is, and we do know who are suspect is."

Police also questioned the wife and daughter of Saffran but not as suspects.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21003006632741/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 06:12:31 AM »

Suspect Paid Daughter's Tuition With Body Parts Victim's Credit Card

The Davie man accused of chopping up a man whose body parts were found scattered throughout South Florida used the victim's credit card to buy tires and pay his daughter's tuition, according to a police affidavit released Wednesday.

Police say Jamie Saffran, 51, is behind the gruesome murder of a man whose body parts were found scattered in three different South Florida cities.

Saffran was arrested Tuesday and was ordered held without bond during his arraignment Wednesday morning.

The gruesome discoveries began on Nov. 6, when patrons at a Fort Lauderdale restaurant found a container filled with body parts and mixed cement. Police also found a shoe and some eyeglasses.

Just a few days later and miles away in Dania Beach, an employee at an auto parts shop found a bucket with a bloody head in it that was also partially covered in cement.

Forensics linked the two and it didn't take long before a third set of human remains was found, this time behind a Miami-Dade middle school on Nov. 26.

Saffran told police he and the victim, Warren Danzig, were friends, and that Danzig lived in the Dominican Republic but used Saffran's address for mail in the U.S., according to the affidavit.

He allegedly told police he'd seen Danzig on Oct. 31, but that the victim had been in Columbia and had e-mailed him. But the time frame Saffran told police he'd received the e-mail was two weeks after body parts had begun to turn up.

Police said they found an American Airlines round trip ticket to the Dominican Republic with the Danzig's torso, dated for Nov. 10, but that the flight had been canceled on Nov. 8 by someone using Saffran's cell phone.

During a search of Saffran's home, police said they found a shovel covered in concrete and a sledge hammer that tested positive for human blood. The Broward County Medical Examiner had concluded that the victim died of blunt force trauma. Also found was a blue rope that matched some of the rope that was found with the remains found in Dania Beach.

The most damning evidence, according to police, is the use of Danzig's credit card. According to the affidavit, it was used by Saffran to buy tires for his Jeep and to make a $719 tuition payment to Florida Atlantic University for Saffran's daughter.

Police are not saying whether any body parts were found in the Davie home or on the property, or whether they believe the murder took place there.
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Suspect-Paid-Daughters-Tuition-With-Body-Parts-Victims-Credit-Card-Cops-111932139.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 12:43:52 PM »

Forensic botany becoming more commonly used in crime-solving

Monday, 14 February 2011 01:51 Written by Jon Burstein
By JON BURSTEIN

SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL

DAVIE | They stand silent in a Davie backyard, but police think they help tell the story of how a retiree was killed and his body parts scattered across South Florida.

The witnesses' names: Schefflera actinophylla, aka the common umbrella tree, and Ligustrum sinese, aka Chinese Privet, a large invasive shrub.

A botanist has concluded the two plants outside accused killer Jamie Saffran's house match up with leaves found with severed body parts of Saffran's friend, Warren Danzig.

That evidence could play a role in sending Saffran to prison for life, or maybe to Death Row.

It's just one recent example in a relatively obscure but growing field of detective work: forensic botany, or the use of plants to help solve crimes.
snipped..............
"Forensic botany is great in destroying alibis and frequently helps determine time since death," said David Hall, a Gainesville-based botanist who is writing a book on the field. "I used to get one or two questions of this sort a year. It's gotten to the point now that I get forensic botany questions two or three times a week."

Hall is listed as a state witness in one of Florida's most-closely watched murder cases -- the one against Casey Anthony, the mother charged with killing her 2-year-old Caylee and dumping the body in east Orange County. Hall was called in to examine the vegetation where the young girl's body was found to try to determine how long it had been there, court records show.
http://www.centralfloridaagnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1238:forensic-botany-becoming-more-commonly-used-in-crime-solving&catid=53:agriedu&Itemid=170

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 12:46:59 PM »

http://cbsmiami.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/jamie-saffran-pc-affidavit.pdf

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 12:26:12 PM »

Man enters plea in dismemberment murder case
Last Updated: 01/13/11 at 9:32 am EST

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (WSVN) -- A suspect has entered a plea of not guilty after police arrested him in connection with the discovery of human remains in several different South Florida cities.

Police charged 51-year-old Jamie Saffran with first degree murder for killing Warren Danzig.

Read more: http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21003254821183/#ixzz20nqePFo0 ::snipping2::
http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21003254821183/

nothing more recent that I can find yet

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2019, 12:01:37 PM »

Jamie Saffran Sentenced to 25 Years for 2010 Fl Dismemberment Case

Sentenced in 2016 
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/offenderSearch/detail.aspx?Page=Detail&DCNumber=B14617&TypeSearch=AI

Offense Date   Offense                         Sentence Date County      Case No.        Prison Sentence Length
11/02/2010   2ND DEG.MURD,DANGEROUS ACT   03/04/2016      BROWARD   1021843   25Y 0M 0D

Date In-Custody   Date Out-Custody
03/10/2016   Currently Incarcerated

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.