May 29, 2024, 04:59:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 51 Year Old Robin Pope Missing Since March 2, 2013 in Stevensville, MD  (Read 27156 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 07:32:21 PM »

Rest in Peace, Robin.  an angelic monkey  

Body identified as Robin Pope
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:22 pm

STEVENSVILLE - A body found Saturday afternoon in the water along the Kent Island shoreline has been identified as Robin L. Pope, the 51-year-old Stevensville woman who has been missing for three weeks, police said.

An autopsy Sunday confirmed the identity, Maryland State Police said. Pope was positively identified through dental records.

Police said the investigation into the cause and manner of her death is continuing by forensic pathologists at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore.
 ::snipping2::
Edit to add "deceased" to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:00:49 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 07:37:06 PM »

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/region/eastern_shore/body-found-identified-as-robin-pope

Body found on Kent Island identified as Robin Pope
Posted: 6:24 PM
Last Updated: 12 minutes ago

Sources first told ABC2 that the body appeared to be Robin Pope Saturday afternoon.

Pope's body was found three tenths of a mile away from her husband's Stevensville home.  She was first reported missing the morning of March 2, 2013.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »

http://www.wtop.com/46/3261683/Police-working-to-ID-womans-body-on-Kent-Island

Body found on Kent Island ID'ed as missing woman
Sunday - 3/24/2013, 7:32pm  ET

STEVENSVILLE, Md. (AP) -- A body found on the Kent Island shoreline has been identified as that of a Queen Anne's County woman who went missing earlier this month.

Robin L. Pope's body was found Saturday afternoon by a fisherman who alerted the police. The medical examiner's office in Baltimore confirmed the identification during an autopsy Sunday.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2013, 08:59:47 PM »

Very sad.     I'll move her thread to "Missing Found Deceased". 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2013, 09:50:06 PM »

Rest in Peace Robin.   an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robin-Pope/435140483241230?ref=ts&fref=ts

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2013, 10:00:49 PM »

::justice2NJ::

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2013, 10:16:34 PM »

Help Find Robin Pope
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=435522529869692&id=435140483241230

March 12

A letter to Robin Pope, to all that know her and to those that unfortunately do not.

On behalf of her daughters Rachael (19) and Priscilla (27).

Robin, you will not be forgotten. As we all gather to plan our next method of search for you, it is impossible for us not to mention what it is we love about you. Here are just a few things: Although never on purpose, you always and quickly became the center of attention at any social gathering. You brought the attention onto yourself and always seemed to welcome it; just as we did. Without great effort, you delivered smiles to our faces and laughter to our bellies. You would talk to anyone, anywhere. And it was clear to everyone you encountered, that you knew a little about a lot. You made fun of yourself and light of situations better than anyone. You are a Breast Cancer survivor, a Mother of two and a friend to everyone.

We simply love you.

However, your absence has brought a cold empty feeling to each of us that know you best and it has become difficult for us to move on with our lives. We really need to know where you are.

Back Story

Robin vanished on March 2, 2013, and was last seen by her husband Wayne Pope, Jr. on March 1st when she arrived at their home that evening to pick up her belongings. Robin and Wayne had decided to separate on February 1st. The last I personally heard from Robin was via text on Friday March 1st which read; “I am at a job interview with gnc, I will call u when I am done.” At approximately 1:30 am on March 2nd I was awoken by my daughter Jennifer (33) stating Wayne was downstairs and wanted to know if we had seen Robin. I quickly got up and went downstairs and met with Wayne. He was concerned offering that Robin arrived at their house at what he believed was sometime around 11:00 pm. During her visit, he said he left Robin at the house while she retrieved her things and visited with her Great Dane Bella. Wayne suggested he left because his attorney advised him not to be alone with Robin moving forward. Additionally, he said that once he returned home, Robin was nowhere to be found and Bella was missing as well.

While at our house, he asked me to call Robin's phone, which I did with no answer from her.

Collectively, we thought it wise to check the Condo she had been staying at recently. Wayne asked my Daughter Jennifer (owner of the Condo where Robin had been staying), if she had a key to the Condo and asked her ride with him to check the unit and she did. Robin was not there. When they returned to my home, Wayne came in and he just kept saying he didn't know what to do as Robin just disappeared and Bella too." I suggested he go back home and call the police.

For 10 days we have searched up and down the beaches, wooded areas, trails, etc. everywhere possible with no luck what so ever. The purpose of this letter is WE DON'T WANT ROBIN TO BECOME "YESTERDAY'S NEWS." Although Robin’s story has received a wide spread of air time from our local media we do not want people to forget and we need them to continue searching as we have not given up; we simply can't.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 10:55:14 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/missing-eastern-shore-womans-body-is-found/2013/03/24/416a0080-94dd-11e2-bc8a-934ce979aa74_story.html

Missing Eastern Shore woman’s body is found
Published: March 24

A body found Saturday along the Chesapeake Bay shoreline of Kent Island was identified as that of Robin L. Pope, 51, of Stevensville, state police said. The body was in the water near where Pope had last been reported seen and near where her dog had been found dead.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 05:30:03 PM »

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/investigation-into-robin-popes-death-includes-high-profile-expert

Investigation into Robin Pope's death includes high profile expert
Posted: 4:33 PM

But as law enforcement continue their look into Pope’s case; they have some high profile help.  Doctor William Rodriguez, a forensic anthropologist who spent more than 20 years working for the Department of Defense, is actively involved in Pope’s autopsy according to MSP.  Rodriguez is considered an industry expert and is known for testifying as a defense expert in the trial of Casey Anthony.

Robin Pope’s body was found Saturday by a fisherman who spotted remains in the water.  Sources tell ABC2 Pope had no visible signs of intentional trauma, but Shipley indicates her body was partially decomposed so it could be tough for investigators to tell.  That’s why he says investigators are waiting for the medical examiner’s office to  weigh in on the cause of death.  Shipley says they have no timeline for how long the examination will take, although it’s possible a finding of undetermined could be the final result.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 06:25:24 PM »

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/03/25/robin-pope-body-missing-maryland-found-shore

Body of missing Maryland mother found near shore
updated 2:05 PM EDT, Mon March 25, 2013

The body of Robin Pope, 51, was discovered in the water along the shore of Kent Island around 3:30 p.m. on Saturday by a man fishing on a pier less than a mile from the home where she was reportedly last seen on May 1.

State and local law enforcement secured the scene around the body before removing it from the water shortly before 6 p.m., according to Maryland State Police. The identification was made through dental records during an autopsy conducted Sunday.

The cause and manner of death have not been identified at this time. Forensic pathologists with the Maryland Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will continue to investigate the case, state police spokesman Greg Shipley said in a press release.
Police said Pope reported that when he returned home about two hours later, Robin and their Great Dane, Bella, were both gone but her car was still there. The dog’s body was found in the water near the house later in the day on March 2. Although Wayne Pope’s attorney told HLN Bella died from hypothermia, Shipley said the dog’s cause of death was undetermined.

Priscilla Hastings, Robin Pope’s daughter, said that her mother’s purse and phone were left behind in her car, along with medication she was taking after treatment for breast cancer. Pope’s best friend, Debbie O’Malley, called her disappearance “suspicious.”

Police conducted extensive searches by land, air and water over the last three weeks, and volunteers had also been searching the area daily. Robin Pope’s daughters told HLN that a shirt believed to belong to her was found near the area where the dog’s body was discovered, but police would not confirm that.

Wayne Pope’s attorney, Dana Paul, did not respond to a request for comment on the discovery of the body Monday.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 06:35:12 PM »

It's the first article that I have read that gives a cause of death of her dog as head trauma. 

http://annearundel.patch.com/articles/body-of-missing-woman-discovered-on-kent-island

Body of Missing Woman Discovered on Kent Island
12:55 pm

Neighbors searched the area and found her Great Dane a few hundred yards away from the home, dead from trauma to its head.

In the weeks that followed, hundreds of people joined in the search for Pope.  Missing persons fliers were posted from Kent Island to Broadneck and Annapolis. Her daughter, Rachel, works at the Westfield Annapolis mall, and posted a missing sign on her vendor's stall.

Anyone with information about Pope is urged to contact Maryland State Police at 410-758-1101.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 07:15:38 PM »

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/investigation-into-robin-popes-death-includes-high-profile-expert

Investigation into Robin Pope's death includes high profile expert
Posted: 4:33 PM

But as law enforcement continue their look into Pope’s case; they have some high profile help.  Doctor William Rodriguez, a forensic anthropologist who spent more than 20 years working for the Department of Defense, is actively involved in Pope’s autopsy according to MSP.  Rodriguez is considered an industry expert and is known for testifying as a defense expert in the trial of Casey Anthony.

Robin Pope’s body was found Saturday by a fisherman who spotted remains in the water.  Sources tell ABC2 Pope had no visible signs of intentional trauma, but Shipley indicates her body was partially decomposed so it could be tough for investigators to tell.  That’s why he says investigators are waiting for the medical examiner’s office to  weigh in on the cause of death.  Shipley says they have no timeline for how long the examination will take, although it’s possible a finding of undetermined could be the final result.

Yes, I remember him well...   

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/06/19/casey-anthony-murder-trial-is-william-c-rodriguez-iii-really-a-co-founder-of-the-university-of-tennessee-anthropological-research-facility-better-known-as-the-body-farm-i-though-dr-bass-found/

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/06/20/casey-anthony-murder-trial-its-official-william-c-rodriguez-is-not-the-co-founder-of-the-body-farm-some-one-is-bolstering-on-the-witness-stand-or-worse/

If he told the truth, this was his job when he started to testify in Casey Anthony's trial.  He never finished his testimony btw.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=10769.msg1399086#msg1399086

Employed with the US Armed Forces Medical Examiners Office

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/03/robin-pope-found-dead-investigation-into-death-continues--86679.html

Robin Pope found dead; investigation into death continues
March 25, 2013 - 11:52 pm

Maryland State Police Spokesman Greg Shipley said, "The primary question for investigators is was there a crime, and if so, who's responsible."

Police sources say there were no visible signs of intentional trauma. Adding to the mystery is the death of Pope's beloved dog, Bella, who was also found dead along the beach at the same time Pope went missing.

"He just looked like a wet dog...," said neighbor Michele Pierce. "You couldn't tell he was...ya know...um, dead."

Pierce watched with heartache as officials pulled the Great Dane from the icy waters. She knew the dog had health issues, but she says neither Bella or Pope spent much time playing on the pier.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 02:12:10 PM »

an angelic monkey

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/state/robin-pope-to-be-laid-to-rest

Robin Pope laid to rest
Posted: 7:03 AM
Last Updated: 17 minutes ago

STEVENSVILLE, Md. - Family and friends gathered this morning to say their final goodbyes to Robin Pope.
Police are still trying to figure out how she died, and whether or not someone committed a crime.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 08:34:41 PM »

http://www.myeasternshoremd.com/obituaries/queen_annes_county/article_cb78b04c-9667-11e2-836c-0019bb2963f4.html

ROBIN LEA POPE

Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:15 am

STEVENSVILLE - Robin Lea Pope of Stevensville died on March 23, 2013. She was 51.
Born in Abilene, Texas, on July 24, 1961, she was the daughter of the late John P. French and Barbara Godwin French. She was a breast cancer survivor.

She is survived by her husband, Wayne A. Pope Jr.; her children, Priscilla Hastings of Los Angeles, Calif., and Rachael Pope of Stevensville; her sisters, Sheree Barefoot and Kristi French; and many caring friends. She was preceded in death by her brother, John A. French.

A funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, April 2, at the Kent Island United Methodist Church in Chester, where friends may visit with the family on from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, April 1. Interment will be held at Stevensville Cemetery, Stevensville.

Memorial contributions for the benefit of Robin's daughters may be made to Robin Pope Gift Fund, c/o Bank of Annapolis/First National Bank, 1000 Bestgate Road, Annapolis, MD 21401.
For online condolences, see www.fhnfuneralhome.com.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/source-no-obvious-signs-of-trauma-found-during-pope-autopsy

Source: No obvious signs of trauma found during Pope autopsy
Posted: 04/02/2013
Last Updated: 4 hours and 14 minutes ago

Stevensville, Md. - A source tells ABC2 an autopsy done on Robin Pope's body turned up no obvious signs of trauma that would explain how the Stevensville woman died.

Pope's autopsy wrapped up late last week.  As ABC2 first report, it was conducted by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Maryland, with help from well-known forensic anthropologist Dr. William Rodriguez.  Rodriguez was a defense expert in the trial of Casey Anthony.

After examination, Pope’s body was released to her family so they could cremate her remains and carry-out a service and interment, which took place Tuesday morning in Queen Anne’s County.

Maryland State Police spokesman Greg Shipley wouldn’t comment about what the medical examiner found during the autopsy, which he said is on-going.  But Shipley did say, “Investigators are still searching for the cause and manner of death”.

Shipley says there has been no final ruling from the medical examiner’s office, but he indicated samples were taken and more tests are being conducted.  Those tests include toxicology, which could indicate whether anything out of the ordinary was in Pope’s system on the night she died.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 11:27:34 PM »

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/arundel_digest/police-still-awaiting-for-autopsy-results-on-kent-island-woman/article_6ae1e67e-130c-59b0-8f09-b810630967d8.html

Police still awaiting for autopsy results on Kent Island woman
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:30 pm |  Updated: 1:49 pm, Wed Apr 17, 2013.   

PIKESVILLE -- Maryland State Police investigators are still awaiting the autopsy results on a Kent Island woman who was found dead after going missing for three weeks in March.

Police recovered the body of Robin Pope, 51, after it was discovered by a fisherman along the Kent Island shoreline on March 23. Pope's body was taken to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore, which made the identification through dental records.

State police spokesman Greg Shipley said Wednesday that the medical examiner's office had still not ruled on the cause and manner of Pope's death. Investigators are still awaiting the results of further testing on the body, Shipley said.
The dog was later found dead in the water near their home. A veterinarian performed an autopsy on the dog and concluded it had not drowned nor died as a result of external trauma.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.