June 01, 2024, 02:05:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittany Smith, 12 yr. old Virginia girl, kidnapped (FOUND SAFE!)  (Read 188124 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2010, 06:25:48 PM »

http://www.whnt.com/whnt-alabama-issues-amber-alert-120810,0,2059236.story
Alabama Issues Amber Alert For Virginia Girl
Brittany Smith, 12, believed to be with 32-year-old man
Ty Watwood WHNT News 19 Executive Producer

3:40 p.m. CST, December 8, 2010
The Alabama Department of Public Safety has issued an Amber Alert for Brittany Mae Smith.  Smith, 12, was allegedly abducted by Jeffery Easley.

A felony warrant is on file for Easly with the Roanoke County, VA Police Department.  It is believed that Smith could be traveling in Alabama.  Call your local law enforcement agency if you spot Jeffery Easley -- he is said to have family in this state.

Easley and Smith are believed to be traveling in a Silver Dodge Neon with a Virginia license plate XKF2365. 
Here is more information from the Alabama Department of Public Safety.
http://community.dps.alabama.gov/Pages/wfAlertFlyer.aspx?ID=1a1fefed-40cf-4979-8bd8-85eb6152e197

In addition to Alabama, the search has been expanded to several states, including North Carolina, California, Florida, West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky, according to Roanoke County, Va. Police Chief Ray Lavinder.

Authorities said Easley bought camping equipment including a blue, Ozark Trail domed tent.
The Silver Dodge Neon belonged to Brittany's mother.  She was found murdered on Monday after she failed to show up for work.  A coroner ruled her death a homicide.  Easley had been living with the Smiths since October.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2010, 06:39:54 PM »

Police: Brittany Smith, Jeffrey Easley "dropped off the face of the Earth"
Published: December 08, 2010

12:16 p.m.

Roanoke County police chief Ray Lavinder said investigators have obtained a warrant for Jeff Easley's arrest on a charge of kidnapping 12-year-old Brittany Smith.

Salem police already had a warrant out for Easley's arrest on felony charges of using Brittany's mother, Tina Smith's credit card without her permission.

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/08/9/police-brittany-smith-and-jeff-easley-have-fallen--ar-702902/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2010, 06:41:35 PM »

My sister just called and said they have issued an alert for them in Alabama. 

What does that mean? Does that mean they were spotted in Alabame so they put out an alert?

Thanks 4Donks!
Fox Birmingham just said a special amber alert for the state of Al has been issued. No reason given but I suspect it is because he has family here according to earlier reports.

Why was a special Amber Alert only issued for Alabama (besides VA)? I mean think about it...It only takes 22 hours to get to the bottom of Texas from Salem, VA! They could be in Mexico in 24 hours for crying out loud. While it makes me happy, it also makes me sad bc I personally think the Amber Alert should have been issued in all surrounding states, maybe even nationwide considering the last time she was seen. Sometimes I think our justice system needs a little tweaking. I almost tend to think sometimes they may rely on the media sensationalizing missing children so they have to spend less money on the investigation of finding them. Sorry for the rant.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2010, 06:51:05 PM »

Considering the fact that the last time Brittany was seen was last Friday night on Walmart surveillance, I'd respectfully like to know why certain warrants weren't obtained on Monday as soon as the police found Tina dead. Facebook & MySpace should have been presented with signed warrants by the end of Monday. Legally, they cannot release personal digitized information without those signed warrants requesting such. They could be sued. The authorities knew the proper legal avenue to seek. I vehemently stand by that. Under no circumstance do I believe FB or MS denied to provide data to the authorities...I just think there's a legal avenue to take which should follow certain protocol. That's just one example. Now hearing about the Amber Alert in Alabama, I'm at a loss. Certainly I'm happy that it's issued but again consider when her mother was found...Monday...last time Brittany was seen was Friday in Walmart - that gives 3 days notice. They should have done something nationwide. You can make it to Cali from NJ in 2 days...of course sharing driving time with somebody else. I should know - my brother in law lives in Santa Monica. We live in South Jersey & go to Orlando twice a year. We drive every single time. It takes us 16-17 hours...a few times even less, depends on when we leave & time of year. IMO, there should have been a nationwide alert.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2010, 07:41:42 PM »

Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2010, 08:17:01 PM »

Titch, yes, there is a Facebook law enforcement guide that ALL law enforcement should have in their possession.  It is unfortunate that some police departments simply may not realize how important looking at the social networking sites first is. IMO, that is the very first thing they should do, and judges need to recognize the importance of this to sign off quickly. Surely there are many judges who don't even know what Facebook is and should be educated quicky of the importance of retrieving a child's social networking data ASAP. Even finding the childs best friend and asking the parents for permission for the best friend child to log on so LE can at least view the profile of the missing child should be attempted before the FB response to the warrant is received. There has been no mention to date at all of social networking sites in my law enforcement curriculum which I am currently enrolled in. Quite sad I feel, but these books and courses are written/ taught often by retired LE who did not have such tools in the past.
I have the law enforcement FB warrant guidelines which I hope all police departments have. Please ask your own PD's to print them for reference. The disclaimer states I may not share the document, but I am sure you clever monkeys can find it Smile
FB guidlines for information requests are quite specific and the person writing the warrant MUST BE SPECIFIC to retrieve the information needed.

Yes, there should be a nationwide alert. I see no reason for there to not be.

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2010, 08:27:22 PM »

I am listening to Nancy Grace.  Her producers just stated that on December 2, 2010 famly members reported concerns regarding inappropriate behavior towards Brittney by Jeffrey Easley to Salem and Halifax DCS/CCS.  The reports were not followed up on as of last Friday, December 8, 2010 ... the last time Brittney and Tina were seen.

If these family members noticed ... it only stands to reason that Tina knew her daughter was at risk.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2010, 08:28:55 PM »

Take it for what it's worth, but Nancy Grace is on live and said there was supposed to be a live LE news conference coming up, no time given. It was also reported that child services were contacted by several relatives, and were told they were having their Christmas party and were busy at the time. They would get back to them later.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2010, 08:30:28 PM »

Kings! Janet. We were posting at the same time. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: December 08, 2010, 09:03:47 PM »

Fanny ... I am so angry!!

Nancy Grace?  Love or hate her ... I was rejoicing tonight when she called out those two departments of CPP/DCS.

Two family members reporting on December 2, 2010 should have raised immediate red flags.  Someone should have been sent to the home immediately.  For crying out loud.  A child was at risk and ... one week later there had been no response.  GMAB!!

BTW ... the Nancy Grace show was interrupted with a PC regarding Brittney.  Both her aunt and grandma made an appeal.

Janet

_____

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-exfatherinlaw-easley-may-be-in-120710,0,7507987.story

ROANOKE, Va. —

UPDATED 4:56 P.M.-- NEWS 7 has confirmed Easley was arrested in 1996 for assault with a deadly weapon against a government official.

This corrects an earlier edition with information on the resolution of the weapons charge.

The earliest we can trace Jeffrey Easley is to Ayden, North Carolina, just south of Greenville. In 1996, two months shy of his 18th birthday, Easley dropped out of high school after being arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a government official. He eventually pled to a lesser charge in the case.

From there, Easley went to Wilmington, where he married in 2000 and divorced in 2001. Easely's ex-father-in-law says he has been contacted by Roanoke County police who told him Easley may BE in North Carolina.

In 2004, Easley married for the second time, this time in Huntsville, Alabama.

It's unclear when Easley made his way to Franklin County, but his mother and stepfather are believed to live in the Martinsville area.

That's where he had been living until October, when he moved in with Tina Smith and 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith.

His assault charge in 1996 is the only violent arrest. Any other run-ins with the law are things like expired car registrations.

The last job Easley had was at an area landscaper.

-----------------

NEWS 7 has confirmed Easley was arrested in 1996 for assault with a deadly weapon against a government official. In January, 1996, Easley, then 17, was arrested on that charge in Ayden, North Carolina, outside Greenville.

The Ayden Police Department has not given details surrounding the arrest or its resolution in court.

The Pitt County Superior Court in Greenville, North Carolina has destroyed any record of the case.

------------------

We're learning more about the man police believe abducted 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith.

Jeffrey Scott Easley attended high school in Ayden, North Carolina in the mid 90s.

He also has been previously married in Wilmington, North Carolina.

NEWS 7 spoke with his former father-in-law who says Roanoke County Police have contacted him, and say Easley might be in North Carolina.

He also said he has family in the Martinsville area.

Easley was married in 2000, but divorced a short time after.

He also lived in Alabama before coming to Virginia.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »

Sorry if this has already been posted.....

UPDATED: Brittany Smith's family makes plea for 12-year-old to come home
Family from Danville and North Carolina came to Roanoke County to speak to the girl through the media

Video at link....

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-amber-alert-issued-for-missing-120610,0,5737411.story
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2010, 09:13:16 PM »

Fanny ... I am so angry!!

Nancy Grace?  Love or hate her ... I was rejoicing tonight when she called out those two departments of CPP/DCS.

Two family members reporting on December 2, 2010 should have raised immediate red flags.  Someone should have been sent to the home immediately.  For crying out loud.  A child was at risk and ... one week later there had been no response.  GMAB!!

BTW ... the Nancy Grace show was interrupted with a PC regarding Brittney.  Both her aunt and grandma made an appeal.

Janet

I am angry too!  Too busy at a Christmas party they were to service the complaints!

Were you able to hear what the Chief Latimer? (sp) said at the beginning of the presser? It was very garbled.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »

Family from Danville and North Carolina came to Roanoke County to speak to the girl through the media

Video at link....

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-amber-alert-issued-for-missing-120610,0,5737411.story

Thanks for the link. Maybe the Chief was just introducing the cousin and aunt.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: December 08, 2010, 09:23:48 PM »

Video at link....

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2010, 10:14:08 PM »

I am listening to Nancy Grace.  Her producers just stated that on December 2, 2010 famly members reported concerns regarding inappropriate behavior towards Brittney by Jeffrey Easley to Salem and Halifax DCS/CCS.  The reports were not followed up on as of last Friday, December 8, 2010 ... the last time Brittney and Tina were seen.

If these family members noticed ... it only stands to reason that Tina knew her daughter was at risk.

Janet

Am I confused?  Thursday was Dec 2 and Friday was Dec 3.  Today is Dec 8.  This would be one day.  Is that right or did I miss something?

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2010, 10:46:03 PM »

Janet

Am I confused?  Thursday was Dec 2 and Friday was Dec 3.  Today is Dec 8.  This would be one day.  Is that right or did I miss something?

I apologize.  I got my dates mixed up.

CPS was called by relatives only one day prior to the last time Tina and Brittney were seen.

Nevertheless ... as the talking heads implied on Nancy Grace ... somebody should have been sent to the home to investigate.

Janet

_____

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2010, 10:50:57 PM »

What city or area in Alabama does he have contacts?  I heard the Amber Alerts on three different radio stations this afternoon in AL about  3:30 pm - they interrupted broadcasting to issue them -I was changing stations.  Wow - he could be anywhere.  FYI - it is unseasonably COLD here in Birmingham now.  Tent weather - I don't think so.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2010, 10:51:51 PM »

Janet

I apologize.  I got my dates mixed up.

CPS was called by relatives only one day prior to the last time Tina and Brittney were seen.

Nevertheless ... as the talking heads implied on Nancy Grace ... somebody should have been sent to the home to investigate.

Janet

I am thinking the same relatives who called CPS called Tina and that is what escalated this to the point of her death.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2010, 10:52:49 PM »

What city or area in Alabama does he have contacts?  I heard the Amber Alerts on three different radio stations this afternoon in AL about  3:30 pm - they interrupted broadcasting to issue them -I was changing stations.  Wow - he could be anywhere.  FYI - it is unseasonably COLD here in Birmingham now.  Tent weather - I don't think so.
He lived and was married in Huntsville.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.