May 28, 2024, 04:40:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bianca Lily Jones, 2 y0, Detroit, MI Amber Alert, 12/2/2011(Father convicted/presumed deceased)  (Read 49850 times)
ka8lhi
Scared Monkey

« on: December 02, 2011, 05:58:49 PM »

http://www.9and10news.com/Category/Story/?id=312455&cID=1

::snipping2::
AMBER ALERT: Missing Detroit Girl Victim in Carjacking

The car that Bianca was last seen in has been recovered, Bianca was not found in the car.

Police say the child was allegedly abducted by a 25-30 year-old black man, who is 6 ft tall, weighing 190 lbs with facial hair and a medium skin tone.

Edit to add Bianca's middle name to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:45:42 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
ka8lhi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 06:00:43 PM »

http://www.tv20detroit.com/home/Help-Find-Bianca--134919738.html

An Amber Alert has been issued for two year old Bianca Jones after her father told police his vehicle was carjacked this morning in Detroit with his daughter inside.

Bianca is African-American, weighs twenty-five pounds and her hair is braided.

The car has been recovered but their is no sign of Bianca.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 06:08:50 PM »

http://www.9and10news.com/Category/Story/?id=312455&cID=1

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »

http://**/article/20111202/METRO01/112020412/1409/metro/Amber-Alert--Detroit-police-looking-for-child--2--after-carjacking
Amber Alert: Detroit police looking for child, 2, after carjacking
Josh Katzenstein/ The Detroit News
December 2, 2011

An Amber Alert has been issued for Bianca Jones. She was last seen in a silver 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis that was stolen at Brush and Custer streets at 9:45 a.m. Friday, just north of East Grand Boulevard, police said.
Her parents, father Deandre Lane, 32, and mother Banika Jones, have told police their vehicle was taken at gunpoint. Lane told police he was driving the car with the child in it when someone from another car told him the car's tail lights were broken, pulled out a gun and took the car with her in it, Stephens said.

Bianca's parents were talking with police Friday afternoon near where the car was stolen before police took them to a station for further questioning .
Police Chief Ralph Godbee said the department is using every available resource to locate Bianca, including the K-9 unit and Violent Crimes Task Force, a partnership of several law enforcement groups, including the FBI.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:23:41 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 06:28:59 PM »

I could be wrong, and I've been wrong before, but there's something about this story that doesn't work for me.     I hope little Bianca is found safe and soon, no matter who is responsible for her disappearance.  I'm trying to lose the hinky feeling I have about this, but I can't seem to. 

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/girl,-2,-inside-vehicle-carjacked-in-detroit-20111202
Amber Alert Issued for Missing Toddler Bianca Jones
Search for 2-Year-Old on Detroit's West Side

December 2, 2011

DETROIT (WJBK) - A massive door to door search for a missing two-year-old girl is underway. Bianca Jones was allegedly in her back seat car seat when her father says he was carjacked Friday around 9:45 a.m.  It reportedly happened in the area of Beaubian near Euclid.

The Ford Grand Marquis was quickly located in an alley on Beaubian between Euclid and Philadelphia. The car seat was inside, but there was no sign of Bianca.

More than 70 officers were on the streets searching for Bianca Friday evening. Investigators have questioned both of Bianca's parents and are continuing to talk to her father, who is the last person to have seen the toddler.

Her mother spoke to FOX 2 just minutes after finding the news out.

"My daughter is wearing a purple coat with gold trim and pink tights. Her hair is braded and she has beads in it. She's very smart, and she just had a birthday Saturday. She just turned two," said Banika Jones.

Less than a week after her birthday, her family told us she was spending time with her father. Friday morning back on the way to Banika's house on Custer Street, the father says he was carjacked at gunpoint.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bianca-Jones-Abducted-Detroit-Michigan/155019874598633?sk=wall
Bianca Jones Abducted | Detroit Michigan

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 07:42:13 PM »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Detroit-police-fan-out-to-search-for-missing-girl/-/1719418/4863614/-/cspr2nz/-/
Detroit police fan out to search for missing girl
Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Bianca Lily Jones

Published On: Dec 02 2011 10:29:33 AM EST  Updated On: Dec 02 2011 06:32:09 PM EST

DETROIT -

Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee said he and his officers have launched an all-out search of an area to find a 2-year-old girl last seen in a vehicle that was carjacked in the city Friday morning.

Michigan State Police have also issued an Amber Alert for the girl: Bianca Lily Jones.
Timeline:

7:30 a.m. Bianca leaves a home on Mitchell Street with her father

9:55: a.m.: Lane reports he was carjacked on Beaubien, between Euclid and Philadelphia

10:15 a.m.: Police find Lane’s vehicle just blocks away in an alley off Brush between Philadelphia and Euclid
Jones' mother, Banika Jones, said her daughter had her birthday on Saturday and answers to the nickname "Bacon." She said her daughter was spending the night with her father and was supposed to be returned Friday morning to her home on Custer Street.

Godbee said Bianca's father is being questioned, but would not comment on if he was being considered a person of interest in her disappearance.

"Well, right now Bianca's dad is the link to everything we do. He's the last one that had seen Bianca. So, we really need to go over his story and talk to him, make sure we corroborate information," Godbee said.

Video at link.

Interesting comments...
MidRanger
Speaking as a father, the SOB would have to shoot my sorry azz because I would not give up my car with my daughter still in it!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 07:48:29 PM »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/-/1719418/4863940/-/3fdp8o/-/index.html

Bianca Lilly Jones

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 07:50:42 PM »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/-/1719418/4863940/-/3fdp8o/-/index.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 07:57:28 PM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20111202/NEWS01/111202030/Amber-Alert-Police-search-Detroit-toddler-man-says-daughter-kidnapped-during-carjacking?odyssey=nav|head
Amber Alert: Police search for Detroit toddler; man says daughter was kidnapped during carjacking
December 2, 2011

Detroit Police and family friends are continuing their aggressive search for a 2-year old girl, Bianca Jones, who was reportedly kidnapped during a carjacking this morning near the city’s North End.

According to police, Deandre Lane, 32, said he was in his silver Mercury Marquis with his daughter in the back when he was carjacked at Brush and Custer at 10:10 a.m. Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said Lane was leaving his home on Custer when the incident occurred.

Within 10 minutes, the car was found at Beaubien and Philadelphia, less than a mile away from where the car was stolen -- but the child was gone, police said.
The girl’s uncle, Olando Jones, said Lane was on his way to the girl’s mother’s house to pick up clothing for the girl who was to stay with Lane for a week
“She is very intelligent,” said Olando Jones, 20. “She’s so smart and can speak and she’s really good and loves to read.”

Jones, said his sister Banika Jones, 32, and the girl’s father have a good relationship and that Lane is like a family member

Meanwhile, friends of the family are passing out flyers of the missing girl at businesses Woodward, including the Burger King near the Central District police station.
About 75 officers -- including Police Chief Ralph Godbee Jr. — are searching in vacant homes in the area. A police tracking dog was used, but was unable to find the carjackers. Godbee is expected to address hold a news conference later this afternoon.

Photos and Video at Link

Interesting comments, including:

boekenhoutskloof
1:46 PM on December 2, 2011
Is the guy trying to pull a "Casey Anthony"?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 08:00:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 12:01:32 AM »

Uh-oh.  It looks like Bianca's father D'Andre Lane has a bit of a past (to say the least) and even worse, his account of the car jacking keeps changing.  Neither are a good sign, the combination of the two is really bad in a case like this. jmho 

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/girl,-2,-inside-vehicle-carjacked-in-detroit-20111202
Police Trying to Find Missing Toddler in Detroit
Amber Alert Issued for 2-Year-Old Bianca Jones

Updated: Friday, 02 Dec 2011, 11:48 PM EST
Published : Friday, 02 Dec 2011, 10:55 AM EST

Emotions are running high as the search continues for two-year-old Bianca Jones. As of Friday night, there was still no sign of her.

Her father, 32-year-old D'Andre Lane, told police a guy with a gun carjacked him and drove off with Bianca buckled into her car seat.

Police launched an intensive search. Lane said he was carjacked on John R. just north of East Grand Boulevard at 9:20 Friday morning.

Lane's 2004 silver Mercury Grand Marquis was recovered later on Beaubien between Euclid and Philadelphia, but Bianca was gone.

Bianca's great uncle got this story from Lane.

"They pulled the gun out and he was saying 'my baby's in the car.' And they said, 'Hey man, step back. Get out of the way,' said Oliver Nevers. "They just took the car and drove it off."

Nevers explained he was skeptical from the start. He said Lane's account of the carjacking kept changing.

"He [was] having so many different stories … I don't know what to believe now," Nevers told us. "I know him good and well. He [has] been in our family for years, even ever since junior high."

Lane is known to police. He is a felon convicted of possession of cocaine, possession stolen property and a felon in possession of a firearm.

Early on in the Amber Alert, Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee said he was aware of conflicting stories and criminal convictions, but warned everyone not to lose sight of the objective.

"I'm not going to give any characterization as to the father, the mother or anything. Right now, that's not what's important. Obviously, they appear to be very distraught," he said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 02:31:38 AM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20111202/NEWS01/111202030/Amber-Alert-Sketch-released-police-search-Detroit-toddler-man-says-daughter-kidnapped-during-carjacking
Amber Alert: Sketch released as police search for Detroit toddler; man says daughter was kidnapped during carjacking
December 2, 2011

The City of Detroit released this sketch of the man suspected of carjacking the car carrying 2-year-old Bianca Jones. The car was found abandoned; the girl is still missing. Anyone seeing the suspect is asked to call 313.596.2170, or the officer in charge, Lt. David Lavally at 313.801.2842, or Sgt. James Miller at 313.468.3630. / Detroit Police Department

According to police, two people were involved in the carjacking. One is described as a black man, 6-foot-tall, 185 pounds, wearing a black top and black pants, with a mustache and beard that resembled a 5 o’clock shadow, police said.

The man was last seen traveling northbound on John R near East Grand Boulevard in a small red car, possibly with front-end damage, according to the Amber Alert.

The other suspect was driving another vehicle, police said.

The girl’s mother was not in the vehicle.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 10:16:21 AM »

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/80329295bcfa44e8bfc2da0ca13974a7/MI--Carjacking-Missing-Child/
Detroit police announce reward, release sketch of suspect in case of 2-year-old missing girl
December 3, 2011

DETROIT — Detroit police have announced a $17,500 reward to help find a 2-year-old girl whose father reported being carjacked by a thief who drove away with her strapped into a seat.

Detroit Police spokeswoman Eren Stephens said Saturday that one person has donated $15,000 and CrimeStoppers of Michigan is offering $2,500 for information leading to the return of Bianca Jones.
Police have released a composite sketch of a suspect, described as a light-skinned African-American man who is not clean-shaven.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 10:18:59 AM »

http://**/article/20111203/METRO01/112030367/1361/Mom-just-wants-baby-home-as-police-continue-search-for-toddler
Mom just wants baby home as police continue search for toddler
December 3, 2011

Police Chief Ralph Godbee has said officers are using every investigative tool they have to locate the little girl. "This is absolutely disconcerting," said Police Chief Ralph Godbee in a news conference just before 11 p.m. Friday.

Police believe two people may have been involved in the carjacking. Police say their main suspect is a black male, 25-30 years old with a medium complexion and about 6-feet tall at 190 pounds. He's wearing a black shirt, black pants and has a 5 o'clock shadow. He also has a brown and black baseball-style hat. Bianca was wearing a purple jacket with gold trim, pink tights and pink shoes. She's described as being 2-foot-5, 25 pounds and having a light complexion.

"We're probably in this for the long haul," Godbee said.

Lane was still being questioned by police late Friday and was being cooperative, Godbee said.

Jones said she had not been in contact with Lane. Instead she learned her baby was missing from a relative who told her that Lane came to their home on the 250 block of Custer Friday morning, breathless and in tears to say that his car was stolen and Bianca was gone.

As word of Bianca's disappearance spread among relatives, several expressed confusion to Lane's carjacking report.

"I'm thinking and I'm hoping and I'm wishing that there's no foul play but something doesn't sound right," said Sally Dillahunt, one of Bianca's great aunts.

When asked if Lane is a possible suspect, Godbee said, "Everybody is a person of interest."

As to Jones' family's lingering questions about the crime, Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said the investigation is still in its very preliminary stage.

"We're aware of those questions," she said. "We're aware of their concerns."

An Amber Alert has been issued for Bianca, who turned 2 on Nov. 26. Anyone with information is asked to call (313) 596-1340 or Crime Stoppers at (800) Speak-Up.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 12:16:25 PM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20111203/NEWS01/112030398/With-video-Search-goes-toddler-missing-after-father-reports-car-stolen
Search goes on for toddler missing after father reports car stolen
By Mike Brookbank, Melanie D. Scott and Gina Damron
Detroit Free Press Staff Writers
December 3, 2011

A newly donated $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the return of 2-year-old Bianca Lily Jones, who reportedly was kidnapped during a carjacking earlier in the day near Detroit's New Center area.

Police Chief Ralph Godbee Jr. announced the award and provided a composite sketch of one of the two suspects in Bianca's disappearance at a news conference late Friday.

"We're in this for the long haul," Godbee said. "Finding the little girl is primary."

He said the FBI, Michigan State Police and the Wayne County Sheriff's Office were conducting, along with family friends, a door-to-door, street-by-street search for Bianca.

Video at link

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 02:20:21 PM »

I could be wrong, and I've been wrong before, but there's something about this story that doesn't work for me.     I hope little Bianca is found safe and soon, no matter who is responsible for her disappearance.  I'm trying to lose the hinky feeling I have about this, but I can't seem to. 

Amber Alert Issued for Missing Toddler Bianca Jones
Search for 2-Year-Old on Detroit's West Side

December 2, 2011

DETROIT (WJBK) - A massive door to door search for a missing two-year-old girl is underway. Bianca Jones was allegedly in her back seat car seat when her father says he was carjacked Friday around 9:45 a.m.  It reportedly happened in the area of Beaubian near Euclid.

The Ford Grand Marquis was quickly located in an alley on Beaubian between Euclid and Philadelphia. The car seat was inside, but there was no sign of Bianca.

More than 70 officers were on the streets searching for Bianca Friday evening. Investigators have questioned both of Bianca's parents and are continuing to talk to her father, who is the last person to have seen the toddler.

Her mother spoke to FOX 2 just minutes after finding the news out.

"My daughter is wearing a purple coat with gold trim and pink tights. Her hair is braded and she has beads in it. She's very smart, and she just had a birthday Saturday. She just turned two," said Banika Jones.

Less than a week after her birthday, her family told us she was spending time with her father. Friday morning back on the way to Banika's house on Custer Street, the father says he was carjacked at gunpoint.
More...
Thanks so much for all of the updates Muffy, I agree with you the story smells. Praying that this is not the case. an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 02:33:29 PM »

The timeline makes no sense. If baby daddy is going to the mothers home to retrieve clothes, why does it take nearly 3 hours for him to get there?
The carjacking makes no sense. Why take a 1994 Marquis and dump it within a mile and take a child.  What did the carjacker get out of this? 

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 02:45:55 PM »

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/mom-of-missing-two-year-old-makes-a-desperate-plea-for-her-safe-return#ixzz1fV8YLm4d

SOURCES: Father of missing 2-year-old fails polygraph, Mom makes plea for safe return of child

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Sources tell Action News the father who claims his toddler was taken during an armed carjacking has failed a polygraph test and remains in custody on unrelated warrants.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 02:59:01 PM »

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/mom-of-missing-two-year-old-makes-a-desperate-plea-for-her-safe-return#ixzz1fV8YLm4d

SOURCES: Father of missing 2-year-old fails polygraph, Mom makes plea for safe return of child

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Sources tell Action News the father who claims his toddler was taken during an armed carjacking has failed a polygraph test and remains in custody on unrelated warrants.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »

Notice in  the article below, the baby daddy name is spelled differently. On vinelink, the name below "Deondre" appears but not the name "Deandre". I believe the correct spelling of his name is as it is below.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Detroit-police-fan-out-to-search-for-missing-girl/-/1719418/4863614/-/cspr2nz/-/index.html

"In an interview with Local 4, Jones' father, Deondre Lane, said he pulled over near Interstate 75 and East Grand Boulevard after a driver in a red car had shouted to him that something was wrong with his taillights. Lane said a man then pulled a gun on him and took off with his silver Mercury Marquis, which still had his daughter strapped in her car seat. Police recovered the car Lane was driving and were searching for the carjacker based on Lane's description -- "

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.