May 28, 2024, 10:10:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sherin Mathews 3 YO, Richardson, TX Missing 10/07/17 Deceased  (Read 37630 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 08, 2017, 09:10:02 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/amber-alert-issued-for-richardson-girl/481588867
Affidavit: Missing Richardson girl was put outside for not drinking her milk
October 8, 2017

RICHARDSON, TEXAS - The 3-year-old Richardson girl at the center of an Amber Alert issued Saturday was put outside in the middle of the night as punishment for not drinking milk, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Wesley Mathews took his daughter, Sherin Mathews, outside at 3 a.m. Saturday to discipline her, the affidavit states. According to the affidavit, he told her to stand near a large tree in the back yard. When he went outside 15 minutes later, his daughter was gone.

Wesley Mathews told police that coyotes had been spotted in the alley where he left his daughter. The house in the 900 block of Sunningdale also backs up to railroad tracks.

Police weren't called to the home until some five hours after the child was last seen, according to Sgt. Kevin Perlich.

Her whereabouts were still unknown. An Amber Alert was issued for the girl Saturday afternoon and continued Sunday afternoon. Police were canvassing the area Sunday evening while neighbors were posting new fliers around the neighborhood.

Wesley Mathews was arrested on Saturday and charged with Abandoning or Endangering a Child. On Sunday, he was arraigned on the endangerment charge and a judge set his bond at $250,000.

Perlich said search teams used dogs and went door-to-door in the family's neighborhood Saturday morning and into the afternoon but so far had no leads on the girl's location.

“We’re trying to pick up any type of scent, or items of clothing, or anything like that, that might give us a clue she was there," said Perlich.

Late Saturday, investigators towed two SUV's and a minivan from the home as part of a search for "any potential evidence."

Sherin was last seen wearing a pink top and black pajama bottoms.

The girl has developmental issues and limited verbal communication skills, police said.

Members of the family's church gathered outside of the home Saturday afternoon and said the girl's parents were being interviewed at police headquarters

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 09:14:27 PM »

(My bold)  Really?  What parent does this to a little three year old girl?!! 

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/missing-person/2017/10/07/amber-alert-issued-3-year-old-richardson-girl-believed-grave-danger
Richardson dad sent missing toddler to alley at 3 a.m. because she didn't drink milk, police say
October 8, 2017

The father of a missing Richardson toddler sent the girl out to an alley where coyotes had been seen to punish her for not drinking her milk, police said. 
Sherin Mathews, 3, is thought to be in grave and immediate danger. Officials issued an Amber Alert for the girl Saturday.  She was last seen about 3 a.m. Saturday in the family's back yard in the 900 block of Sunningdale.
Her father Wesley Mathews, 37, has been arrested and charged with abandoning or endangering the girl, who police continued to search for Sunday.
Mathews told police he put Sherin outside and told her to stand next to a large tree about 3 a.m. Saturday morning, an arrest affidavit said. The tree was behind the fence, about 100 feet south and across an alley.  Mathews admitted to police that he knew coyotes had been seen in the alley where he left her, the affidavit said.
The Humane Society of the United States says coyote attacks are rare and has recorded only two human fatalities since the 1980s.
Mathews told police he checked on Sherin about 3:15 a.m. and she was gone, the affidavit said. Police reportedly weren't alerted to her disappearance until hours later.
"Why was the last sighting at 3 o'clock and the parents not call us until after 8 a.m., that's the question we want answered as well," Richardson police spokesman Kevin Perlich told KXAS-TV (NBC5). "As far as why she was out there, how long she was out there, that's the questions we have for the parents."

Police went door to door in the neighborhood and used search dogs to look for Sherin on Saturday. The family's vehicles were towed to look for "any potential evidence," police told WFAA-TV (Channel Cool.
Jose Cherian and others from Emmanuel Bible Chapel, the church that Mathews and his family attend, helped search a field and other areas near the family's home.
Cherian told NBC5 that Mathews and his wife are good parents. 
"The parents are also loving. They loved Sherin very much," he said. "They take care of her very much."

Sherin, who has development issues and limited verbal communication skills, is described as Asian, about 3 feet tall and 22 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink top, black pajama bottoms and pink flip-flops.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 10:45:02 PM »

Thanks for posting, MuffyBee.   

I'm so sad and mad about this one.   

Poor baby girl, how can this possibly end well?!!!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 08:43:53 AM »

This looks extremely dire TM.  The first time I read the story, it sounded doubtful.  I could be very wrong and there are times I surely am, but the story of how Sherin was put outside at 3 a.m. sounds concocted.  Maybe there are some that would be so mean or stupid to do something like that to a tiny girl, but I really think what happened was even more evil.  I suspect her Dad did something to her and is using the story to cover her disappearance.  Who would put a child outside at 3 a.m., and for (sarcasm alert) for punishment for not drinking her milk?  Sounds pretty much like there was abuse going on prior to this day, just by this line of thinking alone.  And then, who would wait five hours to report her missing?  Not to mention, he left her out there to stand under a tree for what he says is 15 minutes in the dark with wild animals in the area.  I think there's a good chance she's already gone from this earth, and it was by the hands of dad.  I don't think he's telling the truth about what happened. Mom seems pretty quiet.  Does she know anything?   It's good LE took in the family's cars for a look see.  I believe in miracles, and I hope there is one in Sherin's case and she's found today alive and well. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 09:09:55 AM »

(Bolded by Me)  Sherin would have been perhaps a year old from a foreign adoption when the Mathews adopted her.   I wonder if her developmental delays weren't apparent at the time?  This is sounding worse and worse.  What Mr. Mathews allegedly did as punishment to Sherin would be inappropriate abusive for any child of any age, let alone a child so young and with special needs.   

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Richardson-3-Year-Old-Special-Needs-Girl-Missing-for-Nearly-48-Hours-450019193.html
3-Year-Old Richardson Girl Missing Since Saturday
October 9, 2017

Volunteers and Richardson police officers searched the area near the home where a 3-year-old girl went missing early Saturday Morning.
Sherin Mathews was reportedly last seen by her father, 37-year-old Wesley Mathews, at about 3 a.m. in the 900 block of Sunningdale in Richardson.
As of Monday morning, the girl is still missing.
Police arrested her father Saturday evening. He is charged with abandoning or endangering a child. Bond has been set at $250,000.

The family reported the girl missing just after 8 a.m. on Saturday.
Police are trying to figure out why they waited five hours to report the toddler missing.
Three vehicles at the family's house were towed away Saturday evening. Police said they would likely be finished processing Monday.
Meanwhile, members of Emmanuel Bible Chapel in Irving, where Sherin and her parents are also members, printed fliers with the girl's description and posted them in and around the Richland Meadows neighborhood.

Joanna Cherian walked around to any post she could find and taped fliers one at a time.
“I can’t believe I have to do this right now,” she said in disbelief. “I never thought this day would come that the cutest baby in our church has gone missing.”
Church elder Jose Cherian was asked about the allegations surrounding the girl's father.

I can’t say anything about that,” he responded.
Cherian did speak about the girl’s mother, who police say is not facing any charges at this time.
“She’s very much worried and depressed,” he said.

Cherian made a public plea in case someone has the girl.
“If anyone have in possession baby Sherin, please bring back and report to police, to Richardson police. Those who, any of you who brings the baby God will bless you. God will reward you,” he said.

Police said the toddler has "developmental issues and has limited verbal communication skills." The Mathews family adopted the girl two years ago at an orphanage in India

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 02:37:50 PM »

there is a lot i could say about this situation, ill just leave it at,
what a load of bs dad is trying to make everyone believe

here is some map look see where Wesley Mathews took his daughter, Sherin Mathews, outside at 3 a.m. Saturday to discipline her.

i think this area is closer to the home
https://goo.gl/maps/R968SAg6x4A2

from the other end of alley
https://goo.gl/maps/B7cEFPxrE842

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »

not that i think she could walk there.
my bs meter is in overdrive on this case
just pointing out, there are a few large bodies of water, not far
from the home

https://goo.gl/maps/VNTEJCT8Lzs

edit forgot some text
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:58:17 PM by cw618 » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 03:07:25 PM »

The article below notes "the family had had contact with CPS previously..."  Hmmm...  It's a prudent thing to remove Sherin's four year old sister from the home, under the circumstances, imo.  Mr. Mathew's was released on bond for child endangerment charges in relation to Sherin.  I wonder if the sister was subject to such ridiculously harsh punishment abuse as Sherin?  Sometimes it's only one child, sometimes it's more than one, sometimes it's all.  I hope the FBI can get to the bottom of this and find Sherin.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/09/search-missing-3-year-old-richardson-girl/
CPS Removes Sister From Home Of Missing Richardson 3-Year-Old
Amber Alert Continues | UPDATED | October 9, 2017  10:46 AM

RICHARDSON (CBSDFW.COM) – A three-year-old Richardson girl is still missing and police believe her disappearance may have started when her father tried to punish her.

As it stands, city, county and state law enforcement are all working with the FBI to try and find little Sherin Mathews.

Accoring to Texas Child Protective Services (CPS) spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales, the family has had contact with CPS previously, but by law she could not give details about the incident/incidents. Sherin’s 4-year-old sister was removed from the home Monday morning and placed in foster care. Gonzales said CPS is also, “working with law enforcement on the investigation into this little girl’s disappearance.”

Mathews, who didn’t report his daughter missing until 8 a.m., was arrested and charged with abandoning or endangering a child. An Amber Alert was issued Saturday afternoon.

Wesley Mathews was being held in the Richardson Jail, but posted a $250,000 bond and has been released.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 03:19:24 PM »

(Bolded by me)  The Mathews Family adopted Sherin,  a malnourished child from India, which could be considered an act of goodness or charity.  Yet this same child is "punished" for not drinking her milk by being left outside at 3 a.m.  It's been noted Sherin had developmental problems.  Did this come into play with the severe punishment meted out?  And yes, putting a little 3 year old out at 3 a.m. is severe, imo.  And 15 minutes? A three minute time (inside the home) out might not have even been appropriate for Sherin if she did do something. 
But why would you punish a child for not drinking milk?!     I see a lot of mean in this story.   

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/09/police-texas-girl-3-missing-after-late-night-punishment.html
Police: Texas girl, 3, missing after late-night punishment
October 9, 2017

RICHARDSON, Texas –  Authorities were searching Monday for a 3-year-old suburban Dallas girl who went missing over the weekend when her father allegedly made her stand outside in the middle of the night as punishment for not drinking her milk.

Wesley Mathews, 37, ordered Sherin Mathews to stand next to a tree behind the fence at their Richardson home at around 3 a.m. Saturday, according to an arrest affidavit. The tree is across an alley from the home.

The father didn't notify police that his daughter was missing until about five hours later, said police Sgt. Kevin Perlich, who added that the delay in reporting the matter "is certainly concerning to us."

"That does not seem like a normal response that one would do if you have a missing child," Perlich said.

Mathews was arrested Saturday on a charge of abandoning or endangering a child. He posted bond late Sunday, according to Perlich. A working phone number for Mathews could not be found and it's not clear if he's hired an attorney to speak on his behalf.

Mathews at one point told investigators that coyotes have been seen in the alley, but investigators say there's no indication one may have dragged the girl away.

Investigators have seized three vehicles, cellphones and laptops from the family in an effort to find out what became of Sherin, Perlich said. Footage from surveillance cameras in the area also is being reviewed.

State Child Protective Services removed a 4-year-old child from the home early Monday, he said. A CPS spokeswoman, Marissa Gonzales, said the agency has had dealings with the family before, but she declined to release additional information.

Perlich said Mathews and his wife adopted Sherin, who was malnourished when the couple took her in. Mathews told investigators it wasn't unusual for the girl to wake up late at night to eat so that her weight would increase, Perlich said. That may explain why she was punished at 3 a.m., he said. He said authorities are casting a broad net in determining what happened to the girl.

"We don't have any other indication or evidence that she was forcibly abducted from that area," he said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 07:17:15 PM »

This looks extremely dire TM.  The first time I read the story, it sounded doubtful.  I could be very wrong and there are times I surely am, but the story of how Sherin was put outside at 3 a.m. sounds concocted.  Maybe there are some that would be so mean or stupid to do something like that to a tiny girl, but I really think what happened was even more evil.  I suspect her Dad did something to her and is using the story to cover her disappearance.  Who would put a child outside at 3 a.m., and for (sarcasm alert) for punishment for not drinking her milk?  Sounds pretty much like there was abuse going on prior to this day, just by this line of thinking alone.  And then, who would wait five hours to report her missing?  Not to mention, he left her out there to stand under a tree for what he says is 15 minutes in the dark with wild animals in the area.  I think there's a good chance she's already gone from this earth, and it was by the hands of dad.  I don't think he's telling the truth about what happened. Mom seems pretty quiet.  Does she know anything?   It's good LE took in the family's cars for a look see.  I believe in miracles, and I hope there is one in Sherin's case and she's found today alive and well. 

ITA

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 09:19:16 PM »

(Bolded by me)  I wonder if Mrs. Mathews has been a victim of domestic violence?  She was in the home at the time the alleged incident happened but says she was unaware of it.  So.  Out of the blue, one time, Mr. Mathews is up with Sherin at 3:00 a.m. and since she refused to drink her milk, he puts her outside by a tree and leaves her there for at least 15 minutes till he gets back and finds she's not there.  Again, I could be wrong, but I'm wondering if there was more abuse in this home than is being said.  I think this isn't the first time Sherin's been "punished" inappropriately.  I wonder if Mrs. Mathews is very afraid.  How did this escalate to the point of putting little one out there?  Or did that ever happen?  What really happened to her?  I'm still praying for a miracle for Sherin. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/missing-person/2017/10/07/amber-alert-issued-3-year-old-richardson-girl-believed-grave-danger
Lack of tips on missing Richardson toddler who was sent to alley leads to end of Amber Alert
Updated at 7:45 p.m. Oct 9.: Revised throughout to include additional details.

The Amber Alert for a missing Richardson toddler sent to an alley as punishment for not drinking her milk was discontinued Monday afternoon, but authorities are still searching for the girl.

Sherin Mathews, 3, was last seen about 3 a.m. Saturday in her family's backyard in the 900 block of Sunningdale.
Officials issued an Amber Alert for the girl Saturday and were continuing to look for her Monday. Richardson police say the alert was discontinued because there were not enough tips.
"We need to have a specific vehicle or a suspect, and we lack that," police spokesman Kevin Perlich said. He said the Amber Alert could be reissued if authorities develop new leads.

The girl's mother does not face any charges. She was in the house at the time, but was unaware of what Wesley Mathews was doing, Perlich said.
Sherin's parents are no longer speaking with attorneys and have since retained attorneys, he said.

Police went door to door in the neighborhood and used search dogs and helicopters to look for Sherin.
Investigators will be processing all the items they've collected, including security footage, electronics and items in the family's vehicles that were towed from the home Saturday, Perlich said.
On Monday, police retrieved an item from near the tree where Sherin was left and placed it in a bag. It was unclear what the object was. It remains to be seen whether the item was of any "evidentiary value," he said.
Jose Cherian and others from Emmanuel Bible Chapel, the church Mathews and his family attend, helped search a field and other areas near the family's home.
Cherian told NBC5 that Mathews and his wife are good parents. 
"The parents are also loving. They loved Sherin very much," he said. "They take care of her very much."
Child Protective Services spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales said the agency is working with law-enforcement officials on the investigation. She said the couple's 4-year-old daughter was removed from the Richardson home early Monday and placed in foster care.
The family has had previous contact with CPS, Gonzales said, but further details were not released. Neither child had been in foster care prior to Sherin's disappearance.

The Mathewses reportedly adopted the girl two years ago from an orphanage in India. She was malnourished and physically underdeveloped and does not have the same language skills a typical 3 year old would in the U.S., Perlich said.
He told NBC5  it wasn't unusual for her to be awake late at night to eat to increase her weight.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 05:51:26 PM »

(Bolded by me)  According to the article below, Mr. Mathews put Sherin outside at 3 in the morning to punish her for not drinking her milk, left her there 15 minutes and when he couldn't find her at the same spot, he went back in the house to do laundry until she came by on her own.  So, a developmentally disabled 3 year old will of course come back to the house after having been outside for a while at three in the morning after her punishment is through and her Dad will do laundry in the mean time.  There's so much wrong with this.  I can't even...     

Father did laundry before reporting girl missing, Richardson police say
Updated at 11:15 a.m. Oct 10.: Revised throughout to include additional details.

Sherin's father, Wesley Mathews, 37, was arrested on a charge of abandoning or endangering a child. He was released from custody late Sunday after posting $250,000 bond. He is required to wear an electronic monitoring device and surrender his passport as part of the conditions of his bond.

Mathews told police he checked on Sherin about 3:15 a.m. and she was gone, the affidavit said.
After looking around for her, he said he then went inside to do laundry and wait for her to return on her own, according to KXAS-TV (NBC5).
Police reportedly weren't alerted to her disappearance until hours later.

"Why was the last sighting at 3 o'clock and the parents not call us
until after 8 a.m., that's the question we want answered as well," Perlich told NBC5. "As far as why she was out there, how long she was out there, that's the questions we have for the parents."

Sherin's parents are no longer speaking with police and have since retained attorneys, he said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 05:57:00 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/10/10/a-special-needs-toddler-was-sent-outside-at-3-a-m-as-punishment-then-she-disappeared/
A toddler was sent outside at 3 a.m. as punishment, her father said. Then she disappeared.
October 10, 2017

Mathews checked on Sherin about 3:15 a.m. and she was gone, according to the affidavit. Police said they were alerted to her disappearance several hours later, about 8 a.m. Mathews told police he thought she would come back on her own, so he did a load of laundry while he waited, hoping he could locate her once the sun came out.

Mathews and his wife, Sini, reportedly adopted Sherin about two years ago from an orphanage in India, said Sgt. Kevin Perlich, a spokesman for the Richardson Police Department. Mathews told police that Sherin was malnourished and had to be on a special diet to gain weight. She had to be fed whenever she was awake, Perlich said, and wasn’t cooperating when her father tried to feed her.

“So that was the frustration [Mathews] was experiencing that night,” Perlich said. “But of course we’re working to verify all of that.”

It’s a narrative that has the community buzzing with questions. In Dallas-area coffee shops, in nearby workplaces and on social media, people mulled over the details of Sherin’s disappearance — such as why Mathews waited so long to call the police, or why there are so few clues as to where she might have gone.

“It’s just a very sad thing, and there’s still so much question,” said Bob Morse, 66, who lives a few houses down from Sherin’s parents. “A lot of the story doesn’t make sense.”

He happened to be awake and outside at 4 a.m. Saturday, less than an hour after she reportedly disappeared, lighting his grill so that he could cook a brisket later in the day.

“At 4 a.m. in the morning, it was quiet. If a child four houses away cried out, I would hear it,” Morse said. “If a car drove by, I would know.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 06:40:49 AM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/crime/fbi-searching-home-of-missing-girl-in-richardson/482255581
FBI searching home of missing girl in Richardson
October 10, 2017

RICHARDSON, Texas -- Law enforcement executed a search warrant at the home of a missing girl.
Three-year-old Sherin Mathews disappeared at about 3 a.m. Saturday. An Amber Alert was issued, but it has been discontinued due to a shortage of leads and information, police say.

On Tuesday, FBI's Evidence Response Team and Richardson police arrived at the scene and placed crime tape around the home. Richardson police confiscated the family's burgundy vehicle in the driveway.

During his interview, he mentioned that he saw coyotes in the alley where he left his daughter. The family's home also backs up to railroad tracks, he said.

Two minivans taken from the family's home are being examined. Police say they're still trying to establish a timeline and are still searching around the neighborhood.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 06:59:29 AM »

My thoughts keep coming back to Mr. Mathews mentioning during his interview about how he saw coyotes in the alley where he allegedly left Sherin and he also mentioned the house backed to railroad tracks.  Did he really fear either of these two things could have resulted in his daughter having gone missing, or was he trying to suggest to LE those were a possibility to deflect and/or throw blame as to what he may have done to her himself?  If he was so concerned about her safety and he knew there were coyotes and he knew  his house backed to railroad tracks, why in the world would he put his developmentally disabled three year old at risk by placing her and leaving her exposed to them at 3 in the morning?  And allegedly after 15 minutes he went to check on her and couldn't find her, so he went back inside and did laundry, thinking she would come back on her own, or in another five or so hours it would be daylight and he could search for her better.   

I'm wondering if his wife really was awake or aware of what was going on at the alleged time of Sherin's punishment/disappearance?  The story so far says she was asleep and unaware.  Does that mean Mr. Mathews didn't go in and wake his wife up at 3:15 and alert her that Sherin was missing?  Was Mrs. Mathews asleep all the five or so hours before LE was notified?  There are a number of things in this case that just plain stink.  They both need to come clean.  Mrs. Mathews may or may not have had a hand in Sherin's disappearance, but I wonder if she is telling all she knows.  Not everyone thinks alike, but for myself, if my DH had put our little girl outside at 3 a.m., I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be in the same house for much longer, especially when we had a four year old too.  Was something like that the norm for them or what?  Or was this such a one off, she's just stunned?  My feeling is there is a history of abuse. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 07:07:49 AM »

One more thing...

I live in an area with coyotes. One can be spotted from time to time, and we can hear them howlingat times.    Every now and then, someone may lose an older dog to them, with the remains found a day or two later.  I haven't heard of any children attacked here, but then thank goodness my neighbors don't seem to stand their little kids outside at three in the morning that I've ever heard of. 

If the coyotes had gotten Sherin, wouldn't the tracking dogs have found some sort of evidence? 

One other thing...

There are railroad tracks behind the Mathews house.  Did any trains pass in the time?  Was that a known area for homeless folks or transients?  Was it a teen hangout? 

Here we are, four days later and no Sherin.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 07:18:45 AM »

It would appear we here in Texas and the US aren't the only ones wanting answers about Sherin's whereabouts. This is news in India, where her adopted family was originally from and where she was adopted from.  Here are a few, and they contain a bit more info, such as Sherin's mom's name and the area she was adopted from.  There are a number of articles being carried from the UK too. 

http://indianexpress.com/article/world/indian-girl-three-year-old-sherin-mathew-missing-in-us-after-late-night-punishment-for-not-finishing-milk-4883484/
Adopted Indian girl missing in US after late night punishment for not finishing milk
Sherin Mathews, adopted two years ago by Wesley Mathews at an orphanage in India, has not been seen since around 3 am on Saturday morning
Updated October 1, 2017

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/news/india/3-year-old-sherin-mathews-missing-in-us-father-ordered-to-stand-outside-for-not-drinking-milk/articleshow/61020476.cms
3-YEAR-OLD SHERIN MATHEWS MISSING IN US, FATHER ORDERED TO STAND OUTSIDE FOR NOT DRINKING MILK
Updated October 10, 2017
Chennai: A 3-year-old adopted daughter of a Keralite couple in US has gone missing after she was reportedly punished by her father for not drinking milk.

Wesley Mathews, 37, ordered his daughter Sherin Mathews to stand outside the house at their Richardson home around 3 am on Saturday. Mathews went out to check on her daughter 15 minutes later but she was found missing.

The girl was adopted by the couple Wesley Mathews and Sini Mathews from Kerala two years ago. The couple also have a four-year-old daughter born to them, a report said.

Sherin was adopted from a orphanage in Kerala. According to a report her behavioural skills are not that of a typical 3-year-old. The Texas Child Protective Services has reportedly removed the toddler's 4-year-old sister from the parents and placed her in protective custody.

http://www.indiawest.com/news/global_indian/indian-american-toddler-missing-for-three-days-father-allegedly-punished/article_c9e95970-ae09-11e7-b0b3-87b250ed0501.html
Indian American Toddler Missing for Three Days; Father Allegedly Punished Her for Not Drinking Milk by Putting Her in Texas Alley at 3 a.m.
October 10, 2017

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 09:24:52 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/fbi-searching-home-of-missing-girl-in-richardson/482235787
FBI searching home of missing girl in Richardson
Hannah Davis and Jobin Panicker , WFAA 8:48 AM. CDT October 11, 2017

n the afternoon, an attorney from McKinney identified as Gregg Gibbs, spent close to an hour at the home. The attorney had no comment on who he was representing or whether he was representing anyone.

Shortly after 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, officers executed another search warrant. It started with a few Richardson officers walking in and out of the front door.

Sherin's father, Wesley Mathews, who adopted Sherin last summer, was the last person to see her. He faces charges of child endangerment and has since bonded out. A friend of the family says Wesley and his wife were not in the home.

Just before 7 p.m. FBI agents had arrived. More than a dozen members of the Evidence Response Team met on the front lawn. For the first time in four days, crime tape surrounded the home, including a portion of the alley behind their home.

One FBI Evidence team moved inside the home and another team stayed outside. They canvassed the front yard thoroughly. Agents walked side by side looking down on the front lawn.

Richardson police called Tuesday's executed search warrant a "natural progression of the investigation." The search was over by Wednesday, and police and FBI agents will now focus on combing through evidence collected.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 11:08:53 AM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Richardson-Missing-Girl-Photos-from-the-Investigation-450353663.html
Richardson Missing Girl; Photos from the Investigation
By Jose Campos
Tuesday, Oct 10, 2017

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 11:26:15 AM »

I've come across another possible theory while scanning the news and comments in various places:  Mr. Mathews may be covering up for his wife.

I hope folks don't believe I'm victim blaming.  Sherin is the victim here, not so much her parents imo.  It's difficult to be sympathetic with her parents, because it's all just not adding up.  If her dad did in fact put her outside in the middle of the night, he's not a victim, he's potentially a big part of the cause of her disappearance. And was her Mom asleep all that time?  It just smells of abuse.   I could be all wrong, but someone isn't saying all they know.  It's Sherin's life.  Come forward and tell what you know. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.