June 03, 2024, 10:14:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amanda Knox GUILTY in Italy 2009 - Appealed/OVERTURNED 2011  (Read 109072 times)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2011, 04:35:50 PM »

Why is she being charged with slander???  Time served and has to page court costs...
I don't get it......

She falsely accused bar manager Patrick Lumumba of the murder but later recanted.  However, Lumumba was held for two weeks before being cleared of any involvement.  Not cool to accuse innocent people.

IF Amanda Knox is innocent ... why?

Janet

I apologize, but I can't understand what you are asking. Why what?

I am not Janet ..but I think she means if Amanda is innocent why would she then falsely accuse someone else?  You don't need to accuse someone inorder to prove your own innocence...besides being not cool it paints her as a liar in a court of law accusing someone of murder whom she knew and knew was not there at the time.  Innocent peope don't randomly name other people as murderers..but guilty people often do.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2011, 04:37:41 PM »

Also who did the murder then, since they didn't?

I can't remember the 3rd dudes name....I'd have to read back. IMO she is guilty and killers have been set free.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2011, 04:38:50 PM »

Perhaps she'll move to Florida and 'room' with KC...they can be BFF's!!...but they'll both have to sleep with eyes open  Monkey Devil!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 04:40:46 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2011, 04:39:20 PM »

Why is she being charged with slander???  Time served and has to page court costs...
I don't get it......

She falsely accused bar manager Patrick Lumumba of the murder but later recanted.  However, Lumumba was held for two weeks before being cleared of any involvement.  Not cool to accuse innocent people.

IF Amanda Knox is innocent ... why?

Janet

I apologize, but I can't understand what you are asking. Why what?

I am not Janet ..but I think she means if Amanda is innocent why would she then falsely accuse someone else?  You don't need to accuse someone inorder to prove your own innocence...besides being not cool it paints her as a liar in a court of law accusing someone of murder whom she knew and knew was not there at the time.  Innocent peope don't randomly name other people as murderers..but guilty people often do.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: October 03, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »

My feeling today reflect the day the Casey Anthony walked.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2011, 04:41:44 PM »

Meredith Kercher

_____

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »

Rudy Guede, the man who ran away to Germany after the murder, and took a plea deal for 16 years.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2011, 04:44:56 PM »

Perhaps she'll move to Florida and 'room' with KC...they can be BFF's!!...but they'll both have to sleep with eyes open  Monkey Devil!

Absolutely..they can get a break on the shrinks rates..and then work on their book and movie deals together..a producers dream...two sociopaths that just happen to have weird reactions to the murders of those close to them and can't help themselves from being prone to lying, both young and soon to be independently wealthy.  Now all we need is for Kris Kardashin to adopt them and they can make their own sex videos and have them accidentally released to the public.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2011, 04:48:42 PM »

I don't get it......

I think she was a frightened young woman in a foreign country, and just said what the police wanted to hear.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2011, 05:00:06 PM »

I don't get it......

I think she was a frightened young woman in a foreign country, and just said what the police wanted to hear.

I disagree..according to Amanda she understood Italian well enough to have learned about the crime at the crime scene from overhearing the LE people there talking..then once she was taken to the police station she says she confessed because she was also confused and didn't speak Italian and did not have an interpreter..yet she understood it well enough to accuse a man who she worked for and knew he had been working that night...she understood it all until she was arrested..then suddenly she didn't understand Italian and hadn't been in the country long enough to learn the language.  Her story kept changing ...and maybe she was confused and scared...or maybe she was trying to talk her way out of a situation.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2011, 05:00:45 PM »

I think Meredith's family is thinking and saying what many of us said during Casey's jail time and trial..that it became all about Casey and little Caylee seemed forgotten. 

This trial and appeal was about more then just Amanda..it was also about her boyfriend and it was most importantly about who did murder Meredith....and other then the one person in prison it appears there are no more suspects at this time.  I feel for Meredith's family and friends at this time..not saying Amanda and her boyfriend are guilty ..but somehow I do not think Amanda is completely innocent in this..time will tell..and I imagine she will cash in Anthony style with photos, interviews, books and movies.

I agree.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2011, 05:11:26 PM »

She looks very scared.

You're not kidding.  She looks as if to break down at any moment.

One thing that I thought of, that would point to their innocence, is the fact that neither of them turned on each other.  You'd think that if they had been involved, either he or her would have sold the other one out.

Why would Amanda and her boyfriend turn on each other for a plea deal when the outcome of today's trial was a given ... an outcome that would afford their freedom.

This morning ... prior to jury deliberation ... spectators were instructed by the judge ... the judge who oversees the jury in the Italian justice system ... that he wanted no "cheering" in the courtroom  when the verdict was rendered.

Amanda's boyfriend was not a focus of media attention but his prominent family was working behind the scenes in this appeal.

IMO

Janet

_____

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2011, 05:16:12 PM »

I don't get it......

I disagree..according to Amanda she understood Italian well enough to have learned about the crime at the crime scene from overhearing the LE people there talking..then once she was taken to the police station she says she confessed because she was also confused and didn't speak Italian and did not have an interpreter..yet she understood it well enough to accuse a man who she worked for and knew he had been working that night...she understood it all until she was arrested..then suddenly she didn't understand Italian and hadn't been in the country long enough to learn the language.  Her story kept changing ...and maybe she was confused and scared...or maybe she was trying to talk her way out of a situation.

Yes, but she was badgered for hours on end. She may have understood the language, but when a person is exhausted from being questioned, they're likely to sway anything just to make the interrogation stop.
I was unsure of her guilt or innocence until I stared for hours at the pictures of her and Rafalle kissing outside the cottage. They appeared to me to be in shock.
It's that crazy prosecutor who should be behind bars.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2011, 05:24:51 PM »

I can't remember the 3rd dudes name....I'd have to read back. IMO she is guilty and killers have been set free.

I agree with you Nut. I think if she was not the murderer she certainly had something to do with it. I have mixed feelings on this case - I do thing the authorities screwed up with the DNA but I am not sure she is innocent.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2011, 05:50:53 PM »

This is a friend of mine...Very good read....
http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2011/10/amanda-knox-raffaele-sollecito.html

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2011, 06:28:22 PM »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/10/amanda-knox-arrives-in-court-for-verdict-in-murder-appeal/1?csp=34news

Update at 5:26 p.m. ET: Amanda Knox has left the prison where she was held for nearly four years, CNN reports. She reportedly will leave Tuesday for her home in Seattle.
 ::snipping2::

Update at 4:34 p.m. ET: Prosecutors had said before today's ruling that they would appeal to Italy's highest court if the murder convictions were overturned. At the heart of the appeal was DNA evidence that prosecutors claimed belonged to Knox but that forensics experts testified( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14282751 ) was uncertain because proper procedure had not been followed and that it may have been contaminated.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2011, 06:48:14 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/knox-leaves-prison-due-leave-italy-tuesday-214704634.html
Associated Press | AP – 8 mins ago
PERUGIA, Italy (AP) — Witnesses say Amanda Knox has left prison after her 2009 conviction for killing her British roommate was thrown out on appeal.

Italian lawmaker Rocco Girlanda, who has spearheaded Knox's case and is close to the American, says she and her family will leave Italy on Tuesday aboard a commercial flight from Rome.

A convoy of cars was seen leaving Perugia's Campanne prison about 90 minutes after the verdict was handed down, and witnesses reported seeing Knox in one of the cars.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2011, 07:15:35 PM »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44757269/ns/today-today_news/t/slain-kercher-forgotten-during-knox-appeal-family-says/#.TopAQbKVqT8
Slain Kercher forgotten during Knox appeal, family says
'What everyone needs to remember is the brutality of what happened,' sister tells reporters

Arline Kercher, left, mother of Meredith Kercher, arrives with her daughter Stephanie, background left, for a news conference in Perugia, Italy, on Monday.
"Meredith has been hugely forgotten in all of this," said her sister Stephanie at a news conference in Perugia. "It's very difficult to keep her memory alive in all of this."

Together with her mother Arline and brother Lyle, Stephanie Kercher told reporters that "without a final ending to everything it would be difficult to forgive anything."

"I think what everyone needs to remember is the brutality of what happened that night, and everything that Meredith must have felt that night," said her sister. "She didn't deserve that, no one deserves that. She had been here two months and she loved this place. It's a beautiful city. Even being here now, it's nice to be here, but it's very difficult to understand what happened."

After the verdict, the Kercher family issued a brief statement. "We respect the decision of the judges but we do not understand how the decision of the first trial could be so radically overturned," the Kerchers said. "We still trust the Italian justice system and hope that the truth will eventually emerge."

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2011, 08:47:02 PM »

My heart breaks for Meredith's family.  What a slap in the face they received today. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2011, 10:35:41 PM »

I have followed the case, but not as closely as others in the past that I have followed.  With that being said, I have an observation.  It seems hard for me to believe that she was in any way complicit in this murder...did she have any sort of past, mental issues, instability, problems at home, drug abuse, or lack of compassion for others that we know about?  (And I am not talking about marijuana use here)

Just seems to me that we have not heard of anything along any of these issues in the media.  Not that we have to - nor should we be privy to hearing about them.

My observation is...with a lack of instability issues and her parents sending her overseas to study, why in the world would she get caught up in something as heinous as this?  Did I read she had known this young boyfriend for six days?

There is something more to this story than what the Italian police have relayed in their theory.  More than what is being put out in the media.  This is dark.  I just don't see this young, very young woman, as being complicit in something this dark.  JMO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.