June 15, 2024, 02:09:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #32 10/02/10 - 10/07/10  (Read 198696 times)
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: October 06, 2010, 06:43:05 PM »

Itaryl~

A volunteer, so he probably fell through the cracks and didn't have to have a criminal backround check.

They need to make it mandatory.  Schools need to tighten up.

Yes, they do need to tighten up.  Our school district requires background checks for volunteers that are valid for 2 yrs.  But when I go there and sign in no one even looks at me.  The secretaries are usually chatting.  They wouldn't even know if I signed in or even signed my real name.  I wish all schools could have video cameras. 

Wow, Monchichi.  They should be checking ID when you sign in.  Unfortunately, some day some whacko will walk in and then they'll wake up.

Good to see they are on the ball with the criminal backrouond checks!

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #781 on: October 06, 2010, 06:46:04 PM »

Itaryl~

A volunteer, so he probably fell through the cracks and didn't have to have a criminal backround check.

Yes, they do need to tighten up.  Our school district requires background checks for volunteers that are valid for 2 yrs.  But when I go there and sign in no one even looks at me.  The secretaries are usually chatting.  They wouldn't even know if I signed in or even signed my real name.  I wish all schools could have video cameras. 

Wow, Monchichi.  They should be checking ID when you sign in.  Unfortunately, some day some whacko will walk in and then they'll wake up.

Obviously I hope that never happens. I have also pushed for them to do a head count after recess or anytime they go outside, but I don't think it's happening.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #782 on: October 06, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »

Howdy Neighbor.

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions.

Do you hear anything about the grand jury?  Have there been lots of people testifying?   Are there lots of people left to testify?

TIA
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: October 06, 2010, 07:00:08 PM »

Neighbor

hi thanks for answering all the Qs, i got one more about
the lawn truck you saw in the lot
which parking area was the truck in, you saw parked, the
red,green,blue. and are you sure it was a portland city
truck,and not a generic lawn co. truck, sorry 2 more
at what time did you see the truck, and was the front of
the truck heading out of the PK lot, or was the equipment
trailer pointing to the the exit of the PK lot, TIA
see jpg

Parking spots were blocked, but there was no truck.  The only truck that I saw was somewhat on the dirt road to the field.  Deducting, it would be most likely that the GK's truck and trailer were indeed at the end of the field.  That then leaves another truck somewhat on the dirt road.

i am confused, see the bolded in the below quote
dave stensen says he does the field every friday
so do you know if it was dave stensen, on 6/4/2010

On Jun/4, The GK blocked a large number of parking spots in the "official" parking lot.  I was surprised the ï.b. expo" sign might have signaled him that every parking spot would be needed.  A few weeks ago another GK blocked a similar number of spots, but drove the lawnmower from the "official" parking over the dirt road and to the fields.  That would be the logical thing to me, but maybe the GK on Jun/4 indeed decided to load the mower on the trailer, and bring it to the fields.  That would make sense if he was afraid that the dirt road would be blocked.  Then again, why would he need to block those parking spots? I do remember seeing a white truck halfway on the dirt road, but did not notice a trailer behind it.  The truck that I saw was not fully on the dirt drive and might not have blocked it.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8661.msg1241032#msg1241032

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
neighbor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #784 on: October 06, 2010, 07:04:16 PM »

Neighbor~

>Have you been subpoened to testify in front of the Gj?
>Do you have photos's from the science fair?
>Do you know if you can access the Boiler Room from inside the school?
>Have you ever been in the Volunteer Room downstairs?

Sorry if you have answered these previously.

MK

I don't want to cause problems later on, and will not comment on the legal process. 
I cannot share my pictures online because they feature minors.
I have been in most rooms, but so far not in the boiler room.

FYI what are some many people refering to the boiler room?  Is this in relation to TP talking about electrical displays?  I just commented on BOC that they were upstairs.
neighbor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #785 on: October 06, 2010, 07:05:54 PM »

Neighbor

hi thanks for answering all the Qs, i got one more about
the lawn truck you saw in the lot
which parking area was the truck in, you saw parked, the
red,green,blue. and are you sure it was a portland city
truck,and not a generic lawn co. truck, sorry 2 more
at what time did you see the truck, and was the front of
the truck heading out of the PK lot, or was the equipment
trailer pointing to the the exit of the PK lot, TIA
see jpg

Parking spots were blocked, but there was no truck.  The only truck that I saw was somewhat on the dirt road to the field.  Deducting, it would be most likely that the GK's truck and trailer were indeed at the end of the field.  That then leaves another truck somewhat on the dirt road.

On Jun/4, The GK blocked a large number of parking spots in the "official" parking lot.  I was surprised the ï.b. expo" sign might have signaled him that every parking spot would be needed.  A few weeks ago another GK blocked a similar number of spots, but drove the lawnmower from the "official" parking over the dirt road and to the fields.  That would be the logical thing to me, but maybe the GK on Jun/4 indeed decided to load the mower on the trailer, and bring it to the fields.  That would make sense if he was afraid that the dirt road would be blocked.  Then again, why would he need to block those parking spots? I do remember seeing a white truck halfway on the dirt road, but did not notice a trailer behind it.  The truck that I saw was not fully on the dirt drive and might not have blocked it.

Sorry, I do not understand you cw.  The parking spots were blocked using cones, not using a truck and/or trailer.  Does this explain?
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: October 06, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »

Itaryl~

Obviously I hope that never happens. I have also pushed for them to do a head count after recess or anytime they go outside, but I don't think it's happening.

Try and get a petition going on that Headcount.  That's an excellent idea.  If you can get more parents in on that and direct it to the school board, you might get some action.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: October 06, 2010, 07:15:55 PM »

Neighbor~

MK

I don't want to cause problems later on, and will not comment on the legal process. 

FYI what are some many people refering to the boiler room?  Is this in relation to TP talking about electrical displays?  I just commented on BOC that they were upstairs.

I don't want you to feel I'm grilling you!

According to what's been said about the volunteers, there was an area, I'm assuming  downstairs, which held lockers and was a "Volunteer Area".  I'm trying to determine where it was located.  Are you familliar with a "Volunteer Area"?

And Thanks for your help in clairifying this for me!   

neighbor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #788 on: October 06, 2010, 07:34:33 PM »

Neighbor~

MK

I don't want you to feel I'm grilling you!

According to what's been said about the volunteers, there was an area, I'm assuming  downstairs, which held lockers and was a "Volunteer Area".  I'm trying to determine where it was located.  Are you familliar with a "Volunteer Area"?

And Thanks for your help in clairifying this for me!   

I know the area, but did not know it was called volunteer area.  To be honest, I do not know where the lockers are for.  I think it is close to one of the K1 classrooms.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: October 06, 2010, 07:50:51 PM »

Thank you, neighbor!  You've clarified some things for us about the school! 

I wanted to say welcome.  I hope you will continue to join us even after (God willing) Kyron's case is resolved.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: October 06, 2010, 07:52:01 PM »

Has anyone heard anything about the Horman hearing today?

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #791 on: October 06, 2010, 08:00:08 PM »

All I know is that there is one scheduled for tomorrow. No idea what time though.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: October 06, 2010, 08:06:27 PM »

sniped from
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8661.msg1242135#msg1242135

Sorry, I do not understand you cw.  The parking spots were blocked using cones, not using a truck and/or trailer.  Does this explain?

thanks Neighbor
i think i got ya, the GK,dave stensen, blocked some parking spaces with
the orange cones,on 6/4/2010
do you know why, and does he do it everytime he cuts the grass

are you sure it was the GK that blocked the spaces, and from the parking lot
map which spaces were blocked

i thought from what he said he drove up the dirt road,unlocks chain, unloads
mower and cuts

PK lot map
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8661.msg1242080#msg1242080

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #793 on: October 06, 2010, 08:16:37 PM »

All I know is that there is one scheduled for tomorrow. No idea what time though.

Oops!  Thought it was today!

Thank you, Brandi!

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #794 on: October 06, 2010, 08:18:13 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys!

Neighbor....you are making conflicting statements about the GK.....what do you mean that at an earlier time a GK blocked several parking spots then drove the lawnmower over to the field? Now you are saying the logical thing to do would be to load the mower on the trailer and take it over to the field. I might be wrong....but i am assuming the city owns the mower and he carries it from job to job. I don't think he would be leaving it at the school. Why in Sam's Hill would he need to block off several parking spots in the "official" parking lot with cones if he drove the trailer over to the soccer field?

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #795 on: October 06, 2010, 08:23:17 PM »

Neighbor I have another question, that no one seems to be able to answer. If a child is a car rider......How do parents drop their kids off at school....do they have to drive into the parking lot and park in a parking space or do they have a certain way to drop them off and pick them up?

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #796 on: October 06, 2010, 08:27:11 PM »

.Home | Newsline, August 21, 2010
Newsline, August 21, 2010
Submitted by agnes on Sat, 08/21/2010 - 7:24am
Skyline Rural Watch Newsline

Mailbox: newsline@srnpdx.org
Urgent: alert@srnpdx.org
Phone: (503) 621-3501

August 21, 2010

Summer Gathering 2010

SRN would like to extend a big THANK YOU to everyone who came out last Sunday to our 20th annual Summer Gathering, despite being the hottest weekend of the year! We hope everyone had a good time and we really appreciate everyone who helped support our organization in different ways. We thank the many volunteers who helped set-up, operate and take-down the Gathering, all in a day and a half. We thank those who generously donated items, certificates, events etc. for auction. We thank those who purchased all those things, who bought raffle tickets and who made cash donations. We thank everyone who brought food to share for the fabulous potluck. And we thank John & Renee Orlando for inviting us to hold this year's Gathering at Skyline Farm and for all the facilities and equipment they provided at no cost to SRN. Once financial results are known, we will publicize them in the Newsline and Ridge Runner. However, more than the financial outcome, our main goal is that families who come to the Gathering will have a fun time. By that measure, we think this year's event was a success and we hope you agree.

Miles Merwin,
Skyline Ridge Neighbors President

Gathering Lost and Found:

Lost: Ladies Sunglasses were left on one of the tables, it would be greatly appreciated if returned.
Serving dishes left at the potluck: A large pizza type serving platter (I think it came loaded with yummy deviled eggs); an oval Christmas theme platter, a 2 quart plastic bowl w/lid; serving spoons.

Please notify newsline@srnpdx.org if you can help any of these items find their way home. Unclaimed items will go to the Grange Garage sale in October.

Kenneth Frega Memorial

A memorial for Kenneth Frega will be held at the Skyline Grange Sunday, August 22, 2010, from 1pm to 6pm. It will be an open pot luck, please bring memories and photo's to share. Also, please pass on the date and time to anyone you know that doesn't have access to the newsline. Any questions, please call Ras at: 503 621 3318.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS:

Dixie Mt Annual Steak Fry

Dixie Mountain Grange Steak Fry
23455 NW Dixie Mt Rd, North Plains, OR
Sunday September 12th
1 - 4 PM

A charity event with 100% fo the proceeds designated for the upgrading of the Grange facility to meet the needs of our growing community. Dinner will include a choice 8-ounce cut of fresh, wholesome US beef, fresh harvest corn, tasty side dishes and refreshing beverages, and is offered at a minimum donation of $12 per person ($6 for kids meal w/hotdog).
This fantastic event is limited to 200 participants and must be prepaid no later then 9/1/ 2010. No tickets will be sold at the door and this event is expected to sell out early!
Please send your check or money order to:
19830 NW Dixie Mt Rd, North Plains OR, 97133.
Questions may be directed to 503-647-5213

GOVERNMENT:

Town Hall Meetings
A Note from Mitch Greenlich:     I hope you will join me and Senator Suzanne Bonamici at two town hall meetings scheduled for later this month.  As the new session approaches and the financial situation remains bleak, we believe it is increasingly important to communicate with our constituents.  These meetings will highlight critical issues for the upcoming session; health care reform, protecting human services, job creation and Oregon’s economy.

On Monday, August 23rd Sen. Bonamici and I will host a town hall meeting at 7 p.m. at the Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center auditorium, located at 1040 NW 22nd Ave.  Dr. Bruce Goldberg, Director of the Department of Human Services and Director Designate of the Oregon Health Authority, will discuss DHS’ important programs and how the agency is responding to budget cuts.  He will also review the role of the newly formed Oregon Health Authority in developing the next steps in health care reform in Oregon.

On Tuesday, August 24th Rep. Chris Harker will join us at a town hall meeting at 7 p.m. at Providence St. Vincent Hospital, located at 9205 SW Barnes Road, in the East Pavilion Classrooms near the fountain entrance.  Special guest Tim McCabe, Director of Business Oregon, will discuss what Business Oregon is doing to help build the economy and to create jobs in Oregon.

There will also be plenty of time at these sessions for you to share your concerns and ideas with me and Senator Bonamici.  We look forward to seeing you there.

Mitch

SCHOOLS

Skyline K-8 possibly to feed into Roosevelt

PPS representative to speak at Wednesday, Sept. 1st Linnton Neighborhood Association meeting

Wednesday, Sept. 1
7 PM
Linnton Community Center
10614 NW St. Helens Rd. at stop light intersection of NW 107th
All are welcome to attend including Skyline K-8 parents and Skyline Ridge neighbors

By Brian Hoop, LNA president

On June 2nd Superintendent of the Portland Public Schools , Carole Smith, released modifications to the High School Design proposal released earlier in April.  The updated proposal suggests for future consideration the inclusion of the Skyline K-8 attendance area in the Roosevelt High School attendance area.  Currently Skyline elementary feeds into Lincoln High School.

Robb Cowie, Director of Community Involvement and Public Affairs, with Portland Public Schools (PPS) will speak at the Wednesday, September 1st Linnton Neighborhood Association meeting to provide an update on the high school redesign effort and answer questions.  This is a rescheduled visit since an emergency PPS board meeting came up when he was to present before Linnton's July meeting.

For the last two years PPS has conducted an in-depth analysis of Portland’s high schools with the goal of ensuring better academic outcomes for all students.  Thousands of students, staff members, families and community members have participated and helped shape the recommendations.

Two forces have driven the need for change: chronically inadequate academic results for many high school students -- measured by graduation rate, the achievement gap and college persistence -- and declining high school enrollment, down more than 2,000 students in the last 13 years and an additional 2,000 in the 15 years before that.

Current proposals consider closing Marshall, Benson and/or Jefferson

In March 2010 the PPS Board of Directors directed the Superintendent to design a proposal that would:

1.   Reduce the number of current high school campuses with neighborhood attendance boundaries.

2.   Guarantee a common core program for each of the community comprehensive schools.

3.   Provide enrollment parity across the community comprehensives.

4.   Revise the enrollment and transfer policy to ensure stability of enrollment at the community comprehensives, thus supporting enrollment parity.

On April 26, 2010, the Superintendent submitted her initial recommendations with the following key features:

1.   Eight community comprehensive schools: Cleveland, Franklin, Grant, Jefferson, Lincoln, Madison, Roosevelt and Wilson.

2.   Closure of the three small schools at the Marshall High School campus at the end of the 2010- 11 school year, and the development of a district wide focus school on the Marshall campus.

3.   Conversion of the comprehensive high school program at Benson High School into an intensive half-time career-technical education program for 11th- and 12th-grade students across the district.

The initial proposal required high school attendance boundary changes for all current neighborhood high schools, except Roosevelt and Wilson. The proposal recommended that the boundary changes go into effect in the 2011-12 school year.

PPS board delay decision on high school closure into fall

Since the original plan was announced, board members and other stakeholders have expressed significant concern with the relative capacity of the Jefferson High School and Roosevelt High School attendance areas to support community comprehensive high schools with a robust core program.

The Superintendent has asked staff to return with proposals to increase the relative diversity of each of the attendance areas no later than October 2010 possibly including consideration of the inclusion of the Skyline K-8 attendance area in the Roosevelt High School attendance area.

In addition, a majority of the board announced in June their intention to support an alternative proposal that would close Jefferson and retain Benson as a comprehensive school.  It is not clear at this time what impact the proposal would have on the need to feed Skyline into Roosevelt.

For more information on Linnton Neighborhood Association
Brian Hoop
503-475-6056
brian.g.hoop@gmail.com

Skyline School Service Day

Dear Skyline School Community and Neighbors:

Many of you are aware that on May 2, 2010, more than 125 volunteers from Sunset Presbyterian spent the day at Skyline School doing inside and outside projects.  With the help of several Skyline parents, students and neighbors the amount of work that was done that day was truly amazing.  In a continuing effort to support our school and complete the work started on May 2nd, Sunset Presbyterian volunteers will be returning on Sunday, August 29th for “Skyline Service Day”. Here are some of the projects that we will be doing:

* Finish painting exterior metal handrails.
    * Finish painting trim in two classrooms.
    * Paint one wall in the library.
    * Clean out and reorganize “volunteer” room and “locker rooms” in basement of school
    * Landscaping around the school.
    * Track maintenance

This will be our 10th and final year as Skyline parents and we are thrilled to partner with Sunset Presbyterian church for Skyline Service Day. This has been a difficult last few months for our Skyline staff and families, and we want to make sure that our school looks especially great when our kids return to class in September. As the project leaders we are seeking additional volunteers for the day from the Skyline community.  In addition, we are looking for donations of water and snacks that we can provide to the volunteers during the day.  If you are unable to volunteer we are also seeking monetary donations to help fund the purchase of supplies (paint, equipment, bark dust, etc.) needed for the day.

If you can help out in any capacity please contact us at maggieschweinfurth@comcast.net. Thanks so much!

Maggie and Bill Schweinfurth

Here they are stating the Volunteer Room and lockers are in the basement.  How would one access this area from within the building and how long does one have to be a volunteer before being able to access it? My concern is someone who volunteered, who wasn't criminal backround checked, having aceess to this area.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: October 06, 2010, 08:34:09 PM »

Neighbor I have another question, that no one seems to be able to answer. If a child is a car rider......How do parents drop their kids off at school....do they have to drive into the parking lot and park in a parking space or do they have a certain way to drop them off and pick them up?

Great question, Darla!

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #798 on: October 06, 2010, 09:06:34 PM »

RE:  HEARING TOMORROW (Oct. 7, 2010)

There is a video including in the following link, below, but I dunt know how to embed video clips in posts, sorry!

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine--Terri-Horman-expected-in-court-today-101470199.html
Divorce hearing set for Kyron Horman's dad & step-mom

by David Krough and KGW.com Staff
Follow: @KGWNews

kgw.com

PORTLAND – Kaine Horman and his estranged wife, Terri Moulton Horman were granted an October 7 divorce hearing Wednesday.

Terri, the last person to see seven-year-old Kyron Horman before he vanished on June 4, had wanted the divorce delayed until after the criminal investigation into his disappearance is completed.

At issue were financial questions and an abatement proposal by Terri's lawyers to speed up the case. But a judge ruled the issues would all be addressed at one joint hearing on October 7. Kaine Horman wants Terri's financial information disclosed on how she was able to pay for a reported $350,000 in attorney fees.

On September 21, a judge will issue a ruling on whether or not Terri was in contempt of court over accusations she unsealed a restraining order earlier in the summer.

Raw video: Terri Horman arrives

Terri Horman, her lawyers, and Kaine Horman's lawyer Laura Rackner arrived at the Multnomah County courthouse just after 2:30 p.m. for the 3 p.m. hearing.

More: Attorneys battle over Horman divorce

Meanwhile, the Multnomah County Sheriff said over 3,700 tips have come in to detectives and they’re following up on all of them. Terri has been a prime focus on the investigation, although police have never named her as a suspect or a person of interest.

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #799 on: October 06, 2010, 09:07:34 PM »

--Bump--

Howdy, Neighbor!  Thanks for your insights!

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.