May 29, 2024, 04:42:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #640 6/15 - 6/16/2007  (Read 157355 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: June 16, 2007, 11:06:17 AM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
silly question from a silly monkey...but here goes...hope someone can answer as i have pneumonia and limited library time.... Crying or Very sad

Regarding statements in Jorans book, from Deepak....if joran wrote this book, why would he include these kind of statments ?  Or the author included them and joran gave permission to make it a more juicy read?  Or , they are all stilll lying???  

TY

I cannot comprehend why the "powers that be" in Aruba ... Joran's parents ... Joran's attorney/s ... ever allowed this book to be released.  I cannot comprehend the many talk shows that Joran has spoken on.  The lies and ... the contradictions that have been exposed is sooo incriminating.  Joran's arrogancy implies that he is has been provided   assurance that he cannot be touched ... no matter what.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #541 on: June 16, 2007, 11:06:20 AM »

Klaasend I just wanted to say I watched that Liar....Liar Youtube again and it is briiliant. Last night I liked it but today the simplicity of the statement and written word naration is bound to get some important notice IMO. Really great job.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #542 on: June 16, 2007, 11:06:31 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
I wonder if we will get to see Debra Opri’s bill to David Hassleoff’s ex-wife?  What was Pamela Bach thinking when she hired that woman in a custody case….

Yes, what an advertisement for Mean Ms. Opri ...
First Larry's bill goes public now this..
So, if the Dad got full custody away from the Mum, even after the drunk video was played... it has to be bad bad bad.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #543 on: June 16, 2007, 11:12:17 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
I wonder if we will get to see Debra Opri’s bill to David Hassleoff’s ex-wife?  What was Pamela Bach thinking when she hired that woman in a custody case….

Yes, what an advertisement for Mean Ms. Opri ...
First Larry's bill goes public now this..
So, if the Dad got full custody away from the Mum, even after the drunk video was played... it has to be bad bad bad.

I wonder what the latest is on the Opri/Birckhead business.  Is she still holding his money as ransom for that bogus bill?  Between her and that crazy judge with the pants they make the legal profession look like a bunch of crooks.   Hmmmmmmm........ nevermind.  Rolling Eyes
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: June 16, 2007, 11:13:13 AM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Klaasend I just wanted to say I watched that Liar....Liar Youtube again and it is briiliant. Last night I liked it but today the simplicity of the statement and written word naration is bound to get some important notice IMO. Really great job.

Thanks BB - funny note about youtube videos.  When you upload them you never really know what image will show up as the thumbnail.  Because several of the slides in the video were "blank" slides I wrote text on...that's what came up....a blank black screen.  I decided though it was appropriate for a video pertaining to Joran's book.   Laughing  Laughing

Also, it took me longer to find a song than it did to put the slide together  Laughing
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #545 on: June 16, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »

Easy I agree ! I wondered if Opri was the one sending out that video of Hasselhoff to the media  Shocked That Opri woman appears to have given Pamela some very poor legal advice.

I hope Pam joins Larry in suing Opri out of business !

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: June 16, 2007, 11:24:41 AM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
silly question from a silly monkey...but here goes...hope someone can answer as i have pneumonia and limited library time.... Crying or Very sad

Regarding statements in Jorans book, from Deepak....if joran wrote this book, why would he include these kind of statments ?  Or the author included them and joran gave permission to make it a more juicy read?  Or , they are all stilll lying???  

TY

I cannot comprehend why the "powers that be" in Aruba ... Joran's parents ... Joran's attorney/s ... ever allowed this book to be released.  I cannot comprehend the many talk shows that Joran has spoken on.  The lies and ... the contradictions that have been exposed is sooo incriminating.  Joran's arrogancy implies that he is has been provided   assurance that he cannot be touched ... no matter what.

Janet

what's sad to me is that it just evidences how above the law the entire VDS clan thinks they are, plus the proceeds are lining their pockets.

no one can convince me this family has any ethics or soul and that seems to fall right in line with others like charles croes and julia renfro and oduber and trappenberg and dompig and on and on and on.......

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #547 on: June 16, 2007, 11:26:17 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Thanks BB - funny note about youtube videos.  When you upload them you never really know what image will show up as the thumbnail.  Because several of the slides in the video were "blank" slides I wrote text on...that's what came up....a blank black screen.  I decided though it was appropriate for a video pertaining to Joran's book.   Laughing  Laughing

Also, it took me longer to find a song than it did to put the slide together  Laughing

HAHA I still can't figure out who is singing the song. Thought maybe Pete Seeger? but still can't find it, but it fits perfectly.

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #548 on: June 16, 2007, 11:28:23 AM »

I only saw a little of Birkhead on Larry King, but I did hear him say Debra Opri verbally promised to represent him in exchange for the publicity she would get, no fee.  According to Larry he later learned she had him sign something agreeing to a fee, but she explained that was just a standard form to comply with California law.

And the funniest part - she was angry with him after a joint appearance they made on LK.  It seems he sat on the wrong side of her, made her look bad by mussing her hair, and ruined her "audition".  

I don't care what side he sits on or from what angle she is photographed.  That woman is ugleeee, inside and out.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #549 on: June 16, 2007, 11:34:17 AM »

HAHA I still can't figure out who is singing the song. Thought maybe Pete Seeger? but still can't find it, but it fits perfectly.

According to sharon (pg26):
© 2003 A.J. McGee

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #550 on: June 16, 2007, 11:34:31 AM »

Quote from: "Bobo2"
I only saw a little of Birkhead on Larry King, but I did hear him say Debra Opri verbally promised to represent him in exchange for the publicity she would get, no fee.  According to Larry he later learned she had him sign something agreeing to a fee, but she explained that was just a standard form to comply with California law.

And the funniest part - she was angry with him after a joint appearance they made on LK.  It seems he sat on the wrong side of her, made her look bad by mussing her hair, and ruined her "audition".  

I don't care what side he sits on or from what angle she is photographed.  That woman is ugleeee, inside and out.

She was mad because he is prettier than her.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: June 16, 2007, 11:36:21 AM »

TY

I think in the book Joran tries to discount some of those statements as being untrue and contrived to make him look guilty.  He doesn’t make a very good case for himself.

When Joran tries to make Van der Straaten look bad by saying he is a liar and that he tried to set him up is a complete lie.  Joran said this on purpose because he knows VDS help him get where he is today.  He has to show the world that he hates him and VDS would never do something like this for his family because Joran hates him.  JMO.
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #552 on: June 16, 2007, 11:37:05 AM »

Quote from: "Bobo2"

She was mad because he is prettier than her.
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
good one BB. and very true.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #553 on: June 16, 2007, 11:37:48 AM »

Quote from: "wreck"

According to sharon (pg26):
© 2003 A.J. McGee

Wreck,  I think she said that is who wrote the song, not necessarily the singer.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #554 on: June 16, 2007, 11:38:22 AM »

A Happy Ending Story About a Lost Little Girl
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/16/girl.found.ap/index.html

Haunting Evidence should be interesting to watch, but my guess is that the finger will be pointed at Joran (last person seen with) and ocean for body disposal (logical--Aruba is an island.)

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #555 on: June 16, 2007, 11:39:08 AM »

San I agree, I also think Anita and Paulus surely coached Joran not to take down the godfather stratten.......amazing he's the godfather? So many parallels....

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #556 on: June 16, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »

Bored and snooping around on the internet this morning, I noticed that WowBB has a 30 day free trial and then someone has to cough up some bucks to keep it going.  Any bets on how long it takes before FOB2 makes a move to a free server?  lol
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #557 on: June 16, 2007, 11:41:20 AM »

I must be a weakling, if I were Pam Hasselhoff they would have taken me out of that courtroom on a stretcher. I honestly do not think I could have walked out of there  Sad

Opri is an aberration, and I bet there are more than a few self-respecting attorneys who would like to see her get her due.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: June 16, 2007, 11:41:38 AM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"

Regarding statements in Jorans book, from Deepak....if joran wrote this book, why would he include these kind of statements ?  Or the author included them and joran gave permission to make it a more juicy read?  Or , they are all still lying???  

TY

Janet

I sort of doubt that Joran "allowed" his parents to read his book before publication.  Possibly not his attorney either.  Joran is so arrogant he thinks he knows better than they know.  He thinks he is smarter than all others combined.

Dutch don't like to tell others what to do.  I was reared that this is wrong by Dutch parents and grandparents.  We are all supposed to come to the best conclusion and choice of action on our own.  This can be very bad for troubled youth in dire need of strict parenting.

For me, it was difficult to issue ultimatums to my kids.  I would try my best to get them to come to that conclusion first and on their own.  Only if their own judgment totally failed would I intervene and set down my foot.  I suspect the Sloots stop short of this last action.

When very young, I would give my kids problems to solve for me wherein I would suggest I might be thinking of doing something morally wrong and let them explain to me why I should not do that.  They figure out the game by about nine or ten years of age but by then they have some foundation in morals.

I suspect the Sloots have used similar child-rearing practices without the moral reenforcement or reserving the right of final judgment.  They have a totally out of control child/huge young man now as a result.

Sometimes I would not only intervene and stop mine but actually spanked them.  It's OK to let kids learn on their own but only up to a point.  If they cross over what is acceptable in civilized society, parents should intervene.

I don't think the Sloots ever intervened or not nearly often enough.

Joran does as he pleases and thinks he is smarter than the adults.  He consults with no one contrary to what he claims.  Sloots are too "hands off" to demand to read the book before publication or even if they read it, to tell Joran not to say those stupid things.

Sparing the rod may in fact spoil the child in many cases, especially with rowdy, insensitive boys.  Not for all children but is necessary for others.

JMO but I am sticking to it.

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: June 16, 2007, 11:42:13 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
San I agree, I also think Anita and Paulus surely coached Joran not to take down the godfather stratten.......amazing he's the godfather? So many parallels....

Yes, I think Anita and Paulus coached Joran in his book on what to write about.  They let the idiot put it in his own words.  There are certain hot topics Joran made sure he hit on.  Another was Freddy's statement.

Everyone is a liar but Joran.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.