June 15, 2024, 10:16:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MEDIA REPORTS:No Discussion  (Read 294709 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #420 on: November 19, 2008, 10:17:16 AM »

Local 6 News Gets Exclusive Tour Of Anthony House During Interview

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #421 on: November 19, 2008, 11:25:48 AM »

Padilla Says Casey Anthony Made Self-Incriminating Statements

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 – updated: 11:13 am EST November 19, 2008
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla told CNN's Nancy Grace on Tuesday night that Casey Anthony previously made self-incriminating statements to one of his associates.

Tracy McLaughlin was living with Casey Anthony and her family after Padilla bonded her out of jail. McLaughlin told investigators that Casey criticized people who were searching for Caylee saying, "They haven't even found the clothes she was wearing."

Padilla said Casey's statement could indicate that she knows where the clothes are and where she left Caylee.

"It definitely brought our attention to the fact that at that point in time she was making a statement," he said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18013728/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #422 on: November 19, 2008, 11:27:11 AM »

Judge to decide Casey Anthony motions next week
Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
November 19, 2008

ORLANDO - Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland set a date for next week to hear nearly a dozen motions filed in the Casey Anthony case.

The motions range from Anthony's attorney Jose Baez asking to bring a laptop into the Orange County Jail so he can use it to prepare for trial with his client to another defense request to inspect the hairs found in the trunk of Anthony's car.

Another filing includes a response from the Orlando Sentinel and WFTV-Channel 9 opposing a gag order requested by the state. The issues will be addressed Nov. 25 at 2 p.m.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-b3report19_108nov19,0,7548382.story

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #423 on: November 20, 2008, 07:46:32 AM »

Jose Baez Requests Access To Internal Records

Thursday, November 20, 2008 – updated: 7:40 am EST November 20, 2008
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Defense attorney Jose Baez has asked a judge for access to internal records from the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the State Attorney's Office. Baez is claiming that the information leaked to the public came from one of the two offices.
Baez also said the leaks in the case may result in a tainted jury pool.

PADILLA SAYS CASEY MADE SELF-INCRIMINATING STATEMENTS

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla told CNN's Nancy Grace on Tuesday night that Casey Anthony previously made self-incriminating statements to one of his associates.

Tracy McLaughlin was living with Casey Anthony and her family after Padilla bonded her out of jail. McLaughlin told investigators that Casey criticized people who were searching for Caylee saying, "They haven't even found the clothes she was wearing."

Padilla said Casey's statement could indicate that she knows where the clothes are and where she left Caylee.

"It definitely brought our attention to the fact that at that point in time she was making a statement," he said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18022622/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #424 on: November 20, 2008, 10:36:21 AM »

Attorney: Case Against Casey Difficult To Prove Without Body
Woman Charged With Murder In Daughter's Disappearance

POSTED: 8:15 am EST November 20, 2008

UPDATED: 9:13 am EST November 20, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Local 6 News reporter Tony Pipitone continued his investigation into the Casey Anthony first-degree murder case by presenting the known facts to a former assistant state attorney and a prominent defense attorney.

Anthony, 22, remains jailed in the disappearance of her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee, who was last seen in mid-June.

Pipitone presented questions to former assistant state attorney Elizabeth Rahter and longtime criminal defense attorney Cheney Mason.

"First, the venue. Where the trial should be held," Pipitone said. "From the defense side, is it in your interest to move this trial out of the county?"

"Well, it may very well be. But what county would you move it to that hasn't been saturated with this story," Mason said. "Prosecutions usually -- almost without exception -- oppose a change of venue."

"Elizabeth, would you oppose it?" Pipitone asked.

"Yes, I would make the same arguments he made. You can't go anywhere," Rahter said.

Mason said seeking a change of venue could undercut another possible defense strategy, the demand for a speedy trial.

Anthony was indicted Oct. 14, meaning the state has 175 days -- until April 7 -- to start her trial, unless Anthony decides to waive her right.

"As a defense attorney, do you want a speedy trial in a case like this, where there's no body?" Pipitone said.

"That's an interesting question. Without the body, the state's going to have an enormous burden, and I don't think they can prove the case," Mason said. "I would certainly give strong consideration to moving on to trial without delay."

"As a prosecutor, why would you even go to a grand jury without a body and force yourself to try this case?" Pipitone asked Rahter.

"It's a lot better to deal with witnesses while they're fresh. And the problem with a lot of murder cases is they take years to try, and if you wait that long then their memories start to fade," Rahter said.

"They thought that by bringing an indictment, charging first-degree murder, which could potentially lead to the death penalty that that would be coercive enough to cause this defendant to start talking," Mason said.

"It's the first day of your speedy trial, Elizabeth. No medical examiner, no body. What do you have?" Pipitone asked.

"So you're missing a key witness, and so you deal with it. You work around it," Rahter said. "You have Cindy (Anthony, Casey Anthony's mother), who smelled the dead body and said it smelled like a dead body. You have George (Anthony, Casey Anthony's father), who used to be a deputy, and says it smelled like a dead body. You have K-9 dogs that alerted on the car. And so there's a dead body. The question is: How many dead bodies does Casey Anthony drive around in her car?"

Mason said it's very difficult to prove a murder case without a body.

"There's absolutely no evidence other than somebody saying they think they smelled what smelled like a dead body," Mason said. "What if they're right? What if there is a dead body? Does that prove there's an unlawful killing? The answer is no, because every homicide is not murder. This child could have accidentally died any number of ways, and they'll never be able to prove without a body or a confession."

Pipitone said the state does have scientific evidence that it could use, including chemicals indicating a decomposing human body were found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car.

"They're going to have to present evidence to convince the court that such tests are generally accepted by the scientific community. And since you've called me, I've inquired. I'm not aware of a single case that's been admitted anywhere," Mason said.

"So this is hocus pocus science?" Pipitone said.

"Yes. I'd just have to agree with that," Mason said.

"How can I put this person on trial for her life when the scientific evidence has not been used anywhere else?" Pipitone asked Rahter.

"They have to show that it's accepted in the scientific community. It's hard, a high hurdle in Florida to pass," she said.

"So that's going to be tough for the prosecution?" Pipitone said.

"Yeah, but it's helpful that it's corroborated," Rahter said.

A hair pulled from the car trunk was consistent in length and color with Caylee's hair, showing signs of decomposition, Pipitone said. DNA tests reveal the hair came from Caylee or any of her maternal ancestors, from her mother to her great-grandmother, Pipitone said.

"Is that not evidence of death?" Pipitone asked Mason.

"I don't believe it necessarily is. They can certainly argue it, but I don't think it proves it's a death. It's proving it's an old hair with some tissue that has decomposed," Mason said.

"He's good. He's tearing apart the state's case here, and basically says there is no case," Pipitone said.

"Every case is circumstantial," Rahter said. It has to be caught on videotape, right? Otherwise, it's circumstantial. Right? So here you have the smell of a dead body, you have chloroform in the trunk, you have somebody who's continually covering stuff up, making up lies, spewing stuff forth and somebody that's missing. You prove it like every other case."

"Without the body, the state is really in a hole," Mason said. "Really, really bad without the body."

A challenge but not impossible, the former prosecutor said.

Anthony Book Deal

Local 6 News confirmed that George and Cindy Anthony are planning to write a book, but a deal is not yet in place.

The book will not be a tell-all about the case involving their missing granddaughter, Local 6 News reported.

http://www.local6.com/news/18022813/detail.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #425 on: November 20, 2008, 07:00:28 PM »

NeJame Quits As Anthonys' Attorney
Prominent Attorney Withdraws From Case

POSTED: 2:05 pm EST November 20, 2008
UPDATED: 2:09 pm EST November 20, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prominent Orlando attorney Mark NeJame told WESH 2 News Thursday that he is withdrawing as attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, whose daughter is charged with murdering their granddaughter.

In an interview with WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing, NeJame said he was frustrated with the direction the Anthonys have taken, especially that they continue to content that Caylee Anthony is alive.

NeJame was at George Anthony’s side when Anthony was a key witness in the grand jury proceedings that led to an indictment of Casey Anthony on first-degree murder and other charges.

Casey Anthony is being held in Orange County Jail on no bond awaiting trial that is scheduled to start in January.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18025590/detail.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #426 on: November 20, 2008, 07:01:30 PM »

Mark NeJame's statement
2:22 PM EST, November 20, 2008

Unfortunately, I have made the decision that it is best not to continue my representation of George and Cindy Anthony.

George and Cindy have a belief that their beloved granddaughter, Caylee, is still alive. Tips and leads continue to come in. I believe strongly that they should have every right to maintain their hope and faith that one of these "sightings" will miraculously be the one that brings Caylee home to them. What parent or grandparent would surrender such hope?

Who is one person to tell another parent or grandparent when it is time for them to abandon their faith? When does a stranger have the right to judge another who has endured such a loss? The attacks made against them by some are deplorable.

Let them be to do what they feel they must to find their beloved granddaughter, Caylee. Knowing this case as well as probably anyone on earth, there is no doubt that they do not know where Caylee is. Allow them to walk their own path.

I only agreed to represent George and Cindy Anthony, so long as there were no restrictions placed on me whatsoever as to finding Caylee, regardless of where this might lead. Quite simply, this meant that I could do whatever I needed to find Caylee whether she was alive or not. It impressed me that George and Cindy, both believing that Caylee was still with us, had an overriding and primary concern in finding Caylee, even if the result was not as they would hope. The other condition I required was that I would have absolutely nothing to do with representing Casey or assisting in her legal defense.

Abundant efforts have been made towards finding Caylee. I have worked with so many involved in this matter towards the goal of finding this dear, missing child who has captured the hearts of so many. Some ignorant and judgmental members of the public though have made hateful and inaccurate accusations against me and others, when they had no idea whatsoever what was really going on. As my new, good friend, Tim Miller from Equusearch, tells me "everybody associated with this case gets body slammed." However, like Tim, when you know in your heart that you're doing the right thing, you just move forward knowing that right will ultimately win out. Some have falsely accused me and some others of being in this for the money. If they only knew how utterly wrong and misguided they are.

I had come to a personal opinion and theory for quite some time whether Caylee was still with us or not. However, my opinion was only one like any other ... an opinion. The only person without an opinion though is Casey Anthony as only she knows the truth.

I believe that the singular person out of the 6 billion people in the world who holds the key to finding Caylee is her mother, Casey Anthony. Although I was quite successful in resolving a multitude of matters, I am unable to go further to help George and Cindy find Caylee in my current role. I can only provide my best advice and must respect any client's prerogative to do what they deem is best, whether they choose to follow my guidance or not. However, there is little value or use I can provide to any client if they choose to act and comment at will.

As someone who has learned and knows the inner workings and details of the case and its various characters intimately, the rampant sensationalism and unfounded accusations must stop. Allow Cindy and George Anthony the respect and decency of dealing with their hope and efforts to find their missing and beloved Caylee as they need to. Allow those with differing opinions on finding and searching for Caylee, whether she is with us or not, to do their jobs without interruption. Finally, the judicial system is in play and justice will be best served by mindless meddlers staying out of something they know little of. There are many wonderful people involved in efforts to find Caylee and there are, unfortunately, many who are exploiting this child. Sadly, most in the public are clueless about who is doing what and what is really going on. The negative actions of some are only counterproductive and hurtful to the cause of those many good people who are doing so much to do something positive with this most sad and tragic situation.

There should only be one goal and that is to find Caylee Marie Anthony.

Mark E. NeJame

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-mark-nejame-statement-112008,0,2342028.story

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #427 on: November 20, 2008, 07:03:36 PM »

Casey Anthony Case: George and Cindy Anthony will write a book, WKMG reports
posted by halboedeker on Nov 20, 2008 9:00:19 AM

Will there be a book or not? WFTV-Channel 9 said there would be. Then WESH-Channel 2 said there wouldn't.

WKMG-Channel 6 "has gotten to the bottom of it," anchor Bob Frier proclaimed Wednesday night. "We now know that George and Cindy Anthony do plan to write a book. They don't have a deal in the works, per se, but they plan to put something together in the future. They say it won't be a tell-all book. Instead, it will focus on what families should do if their child is missing."

Why the confusion? The Anthonys keep changing their stories in talking to the TV stations.

Of course, a lot of people say they'll write a book. There will be news when there's a deal or a manuscript. But do you think anyone with a missing child would want to follow the Anthonys' example or advice? Who would buy their book?

Their daughter, Casey, has been charged with first-degree murder in the disappearance of her daughter, Caylee Marie.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/11/casey-anthony-1.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #428 on: November 20, 2008, 07:15:57 PM »

Anthony Family Attorney Resigns
Caylee Anthony Last Seen In Mid-June
POSTED: 2:09 pm EST November 20, 2008

UPDATED: 4:41 pm EST November 20, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney representing George and Cindy Anthony, the parents of Casey Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in the disappearance of her daughter, Caylee, resigned on Thursday, saying he didn't have the control over the case or his clients that he needed to be effective.

Casey Anthony, 22, remains jailed in the disappearance of Caylee, who was last seen in mid-June.

Mark NeJame had represented George and Cindy Anthony since Sept. 4.

"I won't comment about what they did or didn't do. All I will say is that I need to be in control of my clients. I need to be in control of my cases," NeJame said.

NeJame released a statement about his decision:

"Unfortunately, I have made the decision that it is best not to continue my representation of George and Cindy Anthony.

"George and Cindy have a belief that their beloved granddaughter, Caylee, is still alive. Tips and leads continue to come in. I believe strongly that they should have every right to maintain their hope and faith that one of these "sightings" will miraculously be the one that brings Caylee home to them. What parent or grandparent would surrender such hope?

"Who is one person to tell another parent or grandparent when it is time for them to abandon their faith? When does a stranger have the right to judge another who has endured such a loss? The attacks made against them by some are deplorable.

"Let them be to do what they feel they must to find their beloved granddaughter, Caylee. Knowing this case as well as probably anyone on earth, there is no doubt that they do not know where Caylee is. Allow them to walk their own path.

"I only agreed to represent George and Cindy Anthony, so long as there were no restrictions placed on me whatsoever as to finding Caylee, regardless of where this might lead. Quite simply, this meant that I could do whatever I needed to find Caylee whether she was alive or not. It impressed me that George and Cindy, both believing that Caylee was still with us, had an overriding and primary concern in finding Caylee, even if the result was not as they would hope. The other condition I required was that I would have absolutely nothing to do with representing Casey or assisting in her legal defense.

"Abundant efforts have been made towards finding Caylee. I have worked with so many involved in this matter towards the goal of finding this dear, missing child who has captured the hearts of so many. Some ignorant and judgmental members of the public though have made hateful and inaccurate accusations against me and others, when they had no idea whatsoever what was really going on. As my new, good friend, Tim Miller from Equusearch, tells me 'everybody associated with this case gets body slammed.' However, like Tim, when you know in your heart that you're doing the right thing, you just move forward knowing that right will ultimately win out. Some have falsely accused me and some others of being in this for the money. If they only knew how utterly wrong and misguided they are.

"I had come to a personal opinion and theory for quite some time whether Caylee was still with us or not. However, my opinion was only one like any other … an opinion. The only person without an opinion though is Casey Anthony as only she knows the truth.

"I believe that the singular person out of the 6 billion people in the world who holds the key to finding Caylee is her mother, Casey Anthony. Although I was quite successful in resolving a multitude of matters, I am unable to go further to help George and Cindy find Caylee in my current role. I can only provide my best advice and must respect any client's prerogative to do what they deem is best, whether they choose to follow my guidance or not. However, there is little value or use I can provide to any client if they choose to act and comment at will.

"As someone who has learned and knows the inner workings and details of the case and its various characters intimately, the rampant sensationalism and unfounded accusations must stop. Allow Cindy and George Anthony the respect and decency of dealing with their hope and efforts to find their missing and beloved Caylee as they need to. Allow those with differing opinions on finding and searching for Caylee, whether she is with us or not, to do their jobs without interruption. Finally, the judicial system is in play and justice will be best served by mindless meddlers staying out of something they know little of. There are many wonderful people involved in efforts to find Caylee and there are, unfortunately, many who are exploiting this child. Sadly, most in the public are clueless about who is doing what and what is really going on. The negative actions of some are only counterproductive and hurtful to the cause of those many good people who are doing so much to do something positive with this most sad and tragic situation.

"There should only be one goal and that is to find Caylee

http://www.local6.com/news/18025611/detail.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #429 on: November 20, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »

McDonalds or Chuckie Cheese (whichever) Orlando  - photo the Anthony's say today could be Caylee:

Comparison of Caylee on the left to the 2 girls in the photo above.  Neither looks like Caylee to me other than they are both young and have brown hair in a pony tail.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/11/20/nejame_resigns_as_anthony_family_attorney.html
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 07:39:43 PM by Blonde » Logged

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #430 on: November 20, 2008, 07:23:05 PM »

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- George and Cindy Anthony will be holding a news conference Friday about their search for their missing granddaughter Caylee .

On Thursday FOX 35’s Shannon Butler asked George about Friday’s new conference.  He would not give any details and would not talk on camera, but on Wednesday he told Shannon about Caylee, “She is alive we have been saying that all along."

But cops had plenty to say Thursday afternoon saying the announcement is just smoke and mirrors. "I would question why they did not do it earlier. if they have reason to believe the child is alive and they are so convinced that they are holding a newser why then bring this to law enforcement why wait days or weeks to present the evidence to police I would question that," said Sgt. Carlos Padilla from the Orange County Sheriff's Office .
But the family is keeping it out there, the possibility, even if small, that Caylee could still be alive.

Searches by a bounty hunter, Texas Equusearch and cops have not turned up the body of the little girl and some question if the family keeping hope alive may be enough to put reasonable doubt in the jury's mind. "When this goes to trial the jury is going to see all the evidence. There is evidence I still have not seen myself, but for the grand jury to have indicted her it must be compelling evidence and they are confident they can take this to a trial," said Padilla.

The Anthony's have not yet released the details of there announcement

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7911868&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #431 on: November 20, 2008, 08:15:22 PM »

When Mark NeJame said enough, local television gave him a forum to sound off.

The high-profile Orlando defense attorney resigned Thursday from counseling George and Cindy Anthony. Their daughter, Casey, has been charged with first-degree murder in the disappearance of her daughter, Caylee.

The grandparents' dealings with the media surprised and stymied NeJame. His frustration undoubtedly resonated with viewers who have grown increasingly baffled by the grandparents' media methods.

NeJame's resignation led the 4 p.m. news on WKMG-Channel 6. "I need to be in control of my clients and I need to be in control of my cases," NeJame told Louis Bolden. "And if I'm not, then I'm not as effective as I need to be."

At 6 p.m., Bolden reported that NeJame has agreed to represent Texas EquuSearch, which has been searching for Caylee. Tim Miller, founder of EquuSearch, has disagreed with Cindy Anthony about whether Caylee is alive. WKMG reported that NeJame considers Miller a friend.

At 5 p.m., WFTV-Channel 9's Kathi Belich said, "The Anthonys have been granting interviews and planning news conferences and then telling him about it after the fact." She added that Cindy Anthony had made TV appearances without NeJame's input.

"What's the sense of having an adviser if you're not going to follow your adviser's advice?" NeJame told Belich.

WFTV also wondered about a song that Casey Anthony played repeatedly while out on bond. The Sevendust song is called "The Past" and carries this lyric: "Beneath the water that's falling from my eyes, Lays a soul I've left behind."

At 6, Belich turned to the refusal of George and Cindy Anthony to take lie-detector tests. Belich said: "He [NeJame] says Cindy Anthony's medication would disqualify her as a good candidate."

That was an intriguing detail: What medication?

At 5, WESH-Channel 2 anchor Jim Payne said, "NeJame suggested in a statement that he's had some disagreements with George and Cindy Anthony and there's little more he could do help them in the search for their granddaughter Caylee."

The NeJame story led WESH's 6 p.m. news, and Payne noted that Bob Kealing had broken the story on WESH.com.

"Mark NeJame won't say what advice his former clients, George and Cindy Anthony, won't follow," Kealing reported. "But he's clearly not happy with some of their recent statements. Cindy Anthony throwing a personal jab at another attorney." (That would be John Morgan.)

NeJame told Kealing about the case: "It's turned in a personality contest. It's turned into an election. Is Caylee alive? Is she not alive?"

George and Cindy Anthony released a statement that they respected NeJame's decision to resign.

WOFL-Channel 35 reported that George and Cindy Anthony will have a news conference on Friday to release information that Caylee is alive.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/11/when-mark-nejam.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #432 on: November 21, 2008, 11:04:48 AM »

Is this Caylee? Anthonys release latest sighting photo
Videotaped interviews of George and Cindy Anthony to be released
Amy L. Edwards and Bianca Prieto

Sentinel Staff Writers

10:19 AM EST, November 21, 2008

The Orlando Sentinel is in the process of obtaining videotaped interviews that are part of the state's first-degree murder case against Casey Anthony.

The law-enforcement interviews -- which will be on five DVDs -- are of Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony.

The State Attorney's Office is releasing the videos in response to a public records request made by the Sentinel.

Meanwhile, the Anthony family sent out a press release this morning regarding a possible live sighting of the missing child.

Someone snapped a photo of a little girl with brown hair playing at a mall in west Florida and sent it to the Anthonys. There is no evidence to suggest that the child in the photo is Caylee.

Investigators with the Orange County Sheriff's Office are no longer looking into tips regarding a live child. Detectives do not believe the child is alive, sheriff's spokesman Capt. Angelo Nieves said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-video-interviews-george-cindy-anthony-112108,0,371314.story   

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #433 on: November 21, 2008, 11:06:10 AM »

George and Cindy Anthony cancel news conference 

Last Edited: Friday, 21 Nov 2008, 8:31 AM EST 

Created: Thursday, 20 Nov 2008, 5:57 PM EST 

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- George and Cindy Anthony have decided to cancel a news conference scheduled today about their search for their missing granddaughter Caylee.

The couple said they could prove that Caylee was alive, and were supposed to release details on how during the news conference.

There is no word on why the news conference was canceled.

On Thursday FOX 35’s Shannon Butler asked George about Friday’s new conference.  He would not give any details and would not talk on camera, but on Wednesday he told Shannon about Caylee. “She is alive we have been saying that all along," George said.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office had plenty to say Thursday afternoon, saying the announcement is just smoke and mirrors. "I would question why they did not do it earlier. If they have reason to believe the child is alive and they are so convinced that they are holding a newser, why then bring this to law enforcement why wait days or weeks to present the evidence to police I would question that," Sgt. Carlos Padilla said from the Orange County Sheriff's Office .

But the family is keeping it out there, the possibility, even if small, that Caylee could still be alive.

Searches by a bounty hunter, Texas Equusearch and cops have not turned up the body of the little girl and some question if the family keeping hope alive may be enough to put reasonable doubt in the jury's mind.

"When this goes to trial the jury is going to see all the evidence. There is evidence I still have not seen myself, but for the grand jury to have indicted her it must be compelling evidence and they are confident they can take this to a trial," Padilla said.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7911868&version=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #434 on: November 21, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »

Cindy looks out of it. Not saying that to be mean. She literally seems to be not there.

http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=GeorgeAnthonyInterview_112020081037&cat=Local&title=George%20Anthony%20Interview
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:26:29 AM by Blonde » Logged

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #435 on: November 21, 2008, 11:26:15 AM »

Anthony defense witness list released

Last Edited: Friday, 21 Nov 2008, 10:53 AM EST
Created: Friday, 21 Nov 2008, 10:52 AM EST

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- Jose Baez, the lawyer representing Casey Anthony, released his witness list Friday for her January murder trial.

The list is very short compared to the state’s list of 82 witnesses. Baez lists three witnesses who are all considered experts in their field of work.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7917973&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #436 on: November 21, 2008, 05:47:53 PM »

George Anthony In Interview: Casey Listed 'Nanny' As Job On Resume
Casey Anthony Jailed On Murder Charges

POSTED: 10:05 am EST November 21, 2008

UPDATED: 3:44 pm EST November 21, 2008

Casey Anthony, 22, is jailed on first-degree murder charges in the disappearance of her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee, who was last seen in mid-June.

Orange County sheriff's investigators on Friday released five DVDs of interviews conducted by authorities with Casey Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony.

"I found a resume that my daughter had typed all the way to 2006, and my daughter showed that she was employed, which I know she was from 2004 to 2006, either through Universal or Colorvision (or another company). That I can verify. I know that because we've met these people that she worked with -- or my wife has -- I've talked to them over the phone," George Anthony said in the August interview. "At 2006, she wrote down -- or typed out in her nice 

resume -- nanny."

Casey Anthony has said that she last left Caylee with a baby sitter named Zenaida Gonzalez at the Sawgrass Apartments in Orange County. Casey Anthony said when she returned to pick her daughter up, the pair was gone.

In the interview, George Anthony had doubts about his daughter's claim of employment, but the former Ohio sheriff's deputy was told by his wife that he was not a detective anymore and should calm down, Local 6 News reported.

Possible Caylee Sighting

A photo of a girl involved in a possible Caylee sighting at a mall located northwest of Orlando was released on Friday by a group searching for the missing girl, but a family investigator would not identify the mall nor say when the photo was taken.

D & A Investigations, an agency working with the Anthony family in the search for Caylee, obtained the photo, which was taken by a patron at the unnamed mall.

The person who took the picture has declined to comment, Dominic Casey with D & A Investigations said. Casey said the mall has not been named because of his agency's ongoing investigation.

When asked for specifics about the photo, Casey told Local 6 News reporter, "You're not law enforcement."

The photo has been provided to the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the FBI, according to a news release. Investigators with the Orange County Sheriff's Office have not commented on the photo, but the agency has said that it believes Caylee is dead.

Anyone with information about the girl in the photo is urged to contact the Caylee tipline at 888-231-5618.

Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, had said earlier in the week that they had proof that Caylee was alive, a belief they have held since she's been missing. It is not known if their statement was in reference to the released photo.

Defense Witness List

The Casey Anthony defense team on Friday released its witness list in the case, adding three names that were not on the state's witness list.

The three names were: Larry E. Daniel of Guardian Digital Forensics, based in Raleigh, N.C.; Dr. Larry Kobilinsky, who has made numerous appearances on Nancy Grace's television show; and forensics expert Dr. Henry Lee, who has worked on several high-profile cases and last week reviewed Casey Anthony's car.

Attorneys Talk Trial Options

Meanwhile, Local 6 News reporter Tony Pipitone continues his investigation into the case, discussing its merits with a former prosecutor and a prominent defense attorney.

Anthony's trial is scheduled to begin in January.

Caylee's body has not been found, inviting the question: How can the state prove she is dead, much less that her mother killed her?

Pipitone said that after prosecutors finish presenting their case, the defense will likely ask the judge to throw it out, seeking a judgment of acquittal, which means even giving the state every benefit of the doubt, there's no way a jury could properly find guilt.

"How do you prove this child is dead just because her mother won't say where she has been or is, if she knows? You can't prove she's dead," defense attorney Cheney Mason said. "If you can't prove she's dead, you can't prove cause of death. If you can't prove cause of death, you have a hard time proving who's behind it, how it happened."

Former prosecutor Elizabeth Rahter said a circumstantial case could be solid enough to at least get to a jury.

"Is it reasonable for a mother never to report her missing child? Is it reasonable for a mother to be quiet? Is it reasonable for a mother to never call the police? Is it reasonable for there to be a hair in the trunk? Well, how often does her daughter hang out in the trunk of her car?" Rahter said.

Anthony's car reeked of death, and scientists may be allowed to testify that it contained the remains of a decomposing human body, Pipitone said.

If the case did get to a jury, Pipitone asked Mason if he thought her attorneys would put her on the stand.

"Knowing what I know at this time, there's not a snowball's chance you know where I put her on the witness stand," Mason said.

"Why is that?" Pipitone said.

"Well, because there's so much to cross-examine her about," Mason said.

"Do you just say, 'The defense rests.' Don't even put on a defense?" Pipitone asked.

"There's a good chance that would be the case," Mason said.

If that was to happen, a jury would decide Anthony's fate on charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of lying to authorities, although juries sometimes are given a chance to compromise on what are called lesser-included offenses.

"It doesn't have to be murder. It could be something lesser," Pipitone said.

"It could be murder first-degree, second-degree, manslaughter," Mason said.

Either side could request that the choices be given to the jury, Pipitone said.

"Most likely, the defense is going to say, 'We just want what's charged and nothing less,'" Rahter said.

If the case against Anthony is as weak as Mason claims, she and her defense team may choose to roll the dice.

"The defense would risk all or nothing?" Pipitone asked.

"Some defense attorneys have done that. You come back with murder-one or you have to acquit," Mason said.

If Anthony was found guilty of premeditated murder or murder in the commission of aggravated child abuse, the question would then turn to a sentence of life or death -- if the state even seeks the death penalty, Pipitone said.

To get the death penalty, the state has to show death was heinous, atrocious or cruel.

"How can you prove the death was heinous, atrocious and cruel if you can't prove the cause of death because you don't have a body?" Mason said.

"There's a dead child. How more heinous, atrocious and cruel can you get?" Pipitone said.

"Well, because people die by accident, of natural causes, any number of ways. No way. No possibility of proving heinous, atrocious and cruel without the body," Mason said.

There also are other so-called aggravators, Pipitone said.

"Is that cold, calculated and premeditated?" Pipitone asked.

"I think you could definitely argue the cold and calculated," Rahter said.

"How do you prove cold, calculated or premeditated, again, without knowing when or how or why?" Mason said.

Other aggravators include a child victim being killed by a caregiver supports a death penalty.

"But on this question, both our defense and prosecutorial sides have some agreement," Pipitone said.

"As it stands now, you can't get there," Mason said.

"So no way you'd see a death penalty in this case?" Pipitone said.

"No, based on what we know now," Mason said.

"I don't think the state would go through with it if they don't have a body," Rahter said.

"That wouldn't ever go to the death penalty, would never even seek it without a body," Pipitone said.

If Anthony is found not guilty on all counts, Pipitone asked the experts if justice will have been served.

"If you believe in the Constitution of the United States, if you believe in the jury system, you must necessarily conclude that that was justice," Mason said.

Family Attorney Quits

Meanwhile, the attorney representing George and Cindy Anthony, the parents of Casey Anthony, resigned on Thursday, saying he didn't have the control over the case or his clients that he needed to be effective.

Mark NeJame had represented George and Cindy Anthony since Sept. 4.

"I won't comment about what they did or didn't do. All I will say is that I need to be in control of my clients. I need to be in control of my cases," NeJame said.

NeJame released a statement about his decision:

"Unfortunately, I have made the decision that it is best not to continue my representation of George and Cindy Anthony.

"George and Cindy have a belief that their beloved granddaughter, Caylee, is still alive. Tips and leads continue to come in. I believe strongly that they should have every right to maintain their hope and faith that one of these "sightings" will miraculously be the one that brings Caylee home to them. What parent or grandparent would surrender such hope?

"Who is one person to tell another parent or grandparent when it is time for them to abandon their faith? When does a stranger have the right to judge another who has endured such a loss? The attacks made against them by some are deplorable.

"Let them be to do what they feel they must to find their beloved granddaughter, Caylee. Knowing this case as well as probably anyone on earth, there is no doubt that they do not know where Caylee is. Allow them to walk their own path.

"I only agreed to represent George and Cindy Anthony, so long as there were no restrictions placed on me whatsoever as to finding Caylee, regardless of where this might lead. Quite simply, this meant that I could do whatever I needed to find Caylee whether she was alive or not. It impressed me that George and Cindy, both believing that Caylee was still with us, had an overriding and primary concern in finding Caylee, even if the result was not as they would hope. The other condition I required was that I would have absolutely nothing to do with representing Casey or assisting in her legal defense.

"Abundant efforts have been made towards finding Caylee. I have worked with so many involved in this matter towards the goal of finding this dear, missing child who has captured the hearts of so many. Some ignorant and judgmental members of the public though have made hateful and inaccurate accusations against me and others, when they had no idea whatsoever what was really going on. As my new, good friend, Tim Miller from Equusearch, tells me 'everybody associated with this case gets body slammed.' However, like Tim, when you know in your heart that you're doing the right thing, you just move forward knowing that right will ultimately win out. Some have falsely accused me and some others of being in this for the money. If they only knew how utterly wrong and misguided they are.

"I had come to a personal opinion and theory for quite some time whether Caylee was still with us or not. However, my opinion was only one like any other … an opinion. The only person without an opinion though is Casey Anthony as only she knows the truth.

"I believe that the singular person out of the 6 billion people in the world who holds the key to finding Caylee is her mother, Casey Anthony. Although I was quite successful in resolving a multitude of matters, I am unable to go further to help George and Cindy find Caylee in my current role. I can only provide my best advice and must respect any client's prerogative to do what they deem is best, whether they choose to follow my guidance or not. However, there is little value or use I can provide to any client if they choose to act and comment at will.

"As someone who has learned and knows the inner workings and details of the case and its various characters intimately, the rampant sensationalism and unfounded accusations must stop. Allow Cindy and George Anthony the respect and decency of dealing with their hope and efforts to find their missing and beloved Caylee as they need to. Allow those with differing opinions on finding and searching for Caylee, whether she is with us or not, to do their jobs without interruption. Finally, the judicial system is in play and justice will be best served by mindless meddlers staying out of something they know little of. There are many wonderful people involved in efforts to find Caylee and there are, unfortunately, many who are exploiting this child. Sadly, most in the public are clueless about who is doing what and what is really going on. The negative actions of some are only counterproductive and hurtful to the cause of those many good people who are doing so much to do something positive with this most sad and tragic situation.

"There should only be one goal and that is to find Caylee Marie Anthony."

George and Cindy Anthony told Local 6 News that they will seek new representation.

They released a statement, thanking NeJame for his work:

"We appreciate the time and energy that Mr. NeJame and his law firm has dedicated to representing us in the last several months. We respect Mr. NeJame's decision to resign as our representative as we agree that he can no longer benefit us in our quest to find our missing granddaughter Caylee Marie. We wish Mark and his staff all the best."

http://www.local6.com/news/18031958/detail.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #437 on: November 21, 2008, 05:49:34 PM »

Video Released Of FBI Questioning Casey's Parents

Friday, November 21, 2008 – updated: 5:05 pm EST November 21, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- New FBI interviews released Friday revealed the most damaging evidence in the case against Casey could come from her own father.

"The worst odor that you could possibly smell in this world. I've smelled that odor before. It smelled like a decomposed body," George Anthony told investigators during a July 31 interview.

George is a retired homicide investigator. He said he would never forget the smell of human death and that's what he said he smelled coming from his daughter's car.

Eyewitness News obtained new video Friday showing the FBI interviewing George and Cindy Anthony.

GEORGE TALKS ABOUT "DISTINCT ODOR"

George Anthony, in the video, appears to be agonizing over what he knows and what he doesn't want to believe as a grandfather and father. One thing he seems sure of is that what he smelled in Casey's trunk was not rotting pizza, but rather the smell of human decomposition and, he said, it emanated into their home.

Two weeks after Caylee's disappearance came to light, George talked to the FBI for more than two hours. His emotional turmoil was raw when he talked about smelling Casey's car.

"That distinct odor. That's, that's something you never forget. That distinct odor. I, I, I believe something was placed in the back of that trunk," he said.

George told FBI Special Agent Scott Bolin the basketball-sized stain in the trunk also reeked and the agent said he expected to find out from the lab that there was human DNA in it.

"It all boils down to my daughter knows something. She won't say anything," George said.

Not for the first time, George blamed Casey's defense attorney, Jose Baez, for keeping her quiet at Caylee's expense. George told Bolin that he knows Casey is going away for a long time, but believes if she talks she can spare herself possible harm from inmates who target people who harm children.

"The answers are still very nearby," Bolin said. "They may not be at the house with you right now, but they're nearby."

George was trying to piece together the disjointed details Casey was revealing, but came to the same conclusion investigators have: that her story makes no sense. He said he misses looking at the moon and stars with Caylee every night at bedtime.

"I'd give up my life for her," he said.

GROUP RELEASES "CAYLEE SIGHTING" PHOTO

Even though the evidence shows little Caylee is dead, her grandparents are still claiming she's alive.

Friday, a group representing the family released a new picture (see photo) of what they call a possible sighting of Caylee Anthony at a mall in west Florida. The family, however, won't say where.

It's the latest in a series of possible sightings that, so far, have turned out to be unfounded.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18032990/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #438 on: November 22, 2008, 08:03:14 AM »

FBI REPORTS: George & Cindy

http://www.wftv.com/news/18032990/detail.html

« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 08:05:14 AM by Blonde » Logged

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #439 on: November 23, 2008, 01:22:42 PM »

Kid Finders President's Past Questioned
Reports Surface That Dennis Milstead Has Been Arrested; Organization Has Never Found Missing Child

POSTED: 6:45 pm EST November 19, 2008

LOXAHATCHEE, Fla. -- He takes donations to help find missing children, but a Loxahatchee man is under scrutiny for his questionable past.

Dennis Milstead, president of the Kid Finders Network, has dropped out of sight after reports surfaced that he was arrested on charges of impersonating a police officer and that his organization has never found a missing child.

Milstead, who was spearheading the search to find missing Orlando toddler Caylee Anthony, has been taking donations for his Kid Finders Network, but his method of getting donations and what he does with the money has

been in question for some time.
According to court documents, the president of the board of the local Crime Stoppers got a restraining order against Milstead after he said Milstead began showing up at his home, blocking him in the driveway, following him and acting generally threatening. He said Milstead was trying to collect money that Crime Stoppers believed Milstead had obtained through questionable procedures.

A source close to the investigation told WPBF News 25 that Milstead got donors to his Kid Finders Network to make checks out to Crime Stoppers and then demanded 90 percent of the money.

WPBF News 25's Terri Parker spoke exclusively Wednesday to the victim in his 2002 police impersonation arrest.

"I noticed that his car said video surveillance, and then when he pulled me over with the flashing lights, I had a bad feeling it was not a policeman and I called 911," Kristi Posvar said in a telephone interview. "But it still shook me up, and he followed me into my gated community and really, you know, it was frightening."

Milstead's office door was locked Wednesday and his daughter said her parents were out of town when Parker showed up at their Loxahatchee home.

"You guys need to get the hell off of my property, right now," she said.

Milstead was also arrested on an assault charge seven months after the police impersonation arrest.

Orlando reporters said Milstead and his wife packed up their Kid Finders belongings and disappeared after he was questioned about his past.

http://www.wpbf.com/news/18019447/detail.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.