June 15, 2024, 11:09:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MEDIA REPORTS:No Discussion  (Read 294711 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #440 on: November 23, 2008, 01:28:45 PM »

Saturday, Nov. 22, 2008
SEARCHING FOR CAYLEE ANTHONY
All hope not lost
LeAnne Kline

Caylee Anthony disappeared in June. Her mother, Casey Anthony, didn’t report her missing until a month later; and even then, she wasn’t the one to call the police.

Photo provided

LeAnne Kline said the search for Caylee Anthony was exhausting and without the hoped-for ending. But volunteers showed strength and humanity during the effort.

A.M.BRIEFING
Judge dismisses Clark Motor suit
Ex-Nittany Lion Bell gets probation for threat
A.M.BRIEFING: Friday
4 charged men surrender
Man faces slew of sex charges
Judge dismisses Clark Motor suit

Her mom, Cindy, called 911 to report Casey’s car smelled like there’d been a dead body in it. The eyes of the nation were riveted.

I found myself watching Nancy Grace on CNN every evening, hoping for the safe return of this beautiful 2-year-old girl. Then I learned Texas EquuSearch, a mounted search and recovery organization started eight years ago by a man whose daughter had been abducted and murdered, was heading to Orlando, Fla., to search for Caylee.

I bought a plane ticket that day. I didn’t have experience searching for missing people, but I would soon receive an education. And I didn’t have the money to pay for the trip, but I would soon receive sponsorship from people who trusted me to represent them in the search.

At 8 a.m. Nov. 8, the field that hosted Command Central was filled with thousands of volunteers. The group of thousands was diverse; young, old, all ethnicities, EMTs, firefighters, police, retired military, teachers, flight attendants, and students among them.

A group of 10 became my team, headed by Roy Miller. The plan was simple: each group received a map of an area where Casey’s cell phone “pinged” during the time of Caylee’s disappearance. We caravanned to our assigned sites in and around the Orlando airport. We stood shoulder to shoulder, and moved forward in a line, using walking sticks to turn over the leaves and debris in search of anything suspicious.
Advertisement

“Suspicious” meant children’s clothing, trash bags, mounds of dirt in newly disturbed ground and bones. There were a lot of bones in the wilderness of palmetto groves, swamps, canals and railroad tracks. I found a bone that looked like a vertebrae and marked it with a flag on which I wrote “Kline 321.” The process upon finding suspicious items was: mark the item, call your team leader, who called the medical examiner, who called in CSI and Dixie, the cadaver dog. At that point, if the item was “of interest,” CSI bagged it and took it away for processing.

The media vans followed us. Helicopters hovered. When we “cleared” one area, we headed back to Command Central for our next assignment.

One of the vans following the search was driven by a man named Murt who was streaming video of the search live on the Web. He said the international community was watching and begging to be of assistance. When told that volunteers needed water and food they responded by calling local restaurants, ordering food and drinks delivered to us.

I was introduced to the Florida wildlife — graceful egrets lined the canals, orange-beaked “coots,” and frogs jumped across lily pads. And wolf spiders knitted webs the size of me, alligators lurked under the water, snakes hustled away from us. This was no trip to Disney World.

One assignment started behind a Wal-Mart. Utility roads surrounded by jungle-like brush with thorns that clawed at our skin and wedged into our socks. We searched the railroad tracks where two fishermen had spotted Casey coming out of the woods. We stomped through swamp, mud, and grass taller than my shoulders.

On the last day, we were told this day’s search was a “high priority search.” Anyone caught using a cell phone would be dismissed.

We stood four teams together, shoulder-to-shoulder, and moved forward, turning over every layer of brush. We moved slowly. We crawled sometimes. Once, we smelled decomposition and stopped while CSI and Dixie the cadaver dog cleared the area. We lined up again and again, until we covered 20 square miles.

I was exhausted, dehydrated and hungry. My body hurt. My mind reeled. And my heart was discouraged because we didn’t find Caylee.

We headed back to Command Central and said our goodbyes. Roy Miller gave me a hug and words of encouragement. This was the kind of goodbye we never learned to say. We wouldn’t want to be brought back together under similar circumstances, but we would in a heartbeat.

As I left, I was engulfed in a feeling of finality. The loss of Caylee, of not finding her, saying goodbye to my team — well, I cried.

But then, I thought, there was good news, too.

As the days went by, we became more organized; developing our own codes, signs, symbols and search techniques. We worked as a unit. We learned about forensics. And we cleared miles of territory that need to be searched. Because of one little girl, a community came together: local, national, and international. Through this tragedy, strangers became friends.

LeAnne Kline is a State College resident and a Penn State graduate student.

http://www.centredaily.com/479/story/978244.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #441 on: November 25, 2008, 02:07:34 PM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #442 on: November 25, 2008, 02:07:42 PM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #443 on: November 25, 2008, 02:08:22 PM »

Gag Order Among Motions To Be Considered In Anthony Hearing
Caylee, 3, Last Seen In Mid-June

POSTED: 1:13 pm EST November 25, 2008
UPDATED: 1:39 pm EST November 25, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge on Tuesday is scheduled to hear several motions, including a gag order request, in the case of Casey Anthony, who has been charged with first-degree murder in the disappearance of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony, 22, remains jailed, and her daughter has not been seen since mid-June.

The hearing will be held in the Orange County courthouse.

The state is seeking a gag order in the case, but Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, and her family are opposed to the request. Prosecutors have said they do not want to prevent Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, from talking about the search for their granddaughter, but they are seeking a halt to anyone connected to 

the case from commenting publicly.

Baez is also seeking to obtain from the state all of the names of employees at the Orange County Amscot, where his client's car was found abandoned. He is also demanding that more evidence be handed over to him from the state and that law enforcement provides more tips that have been reported about Caylee.

Reporters Issued Subpoenas

Baez issued subpoenas to several media members, including Local 6 News reporter Adam Longo, to possibly testify about the publicity in the case.

Baez said he is fighting the gag order request because it is his right to respond to any leak.

"If we're not able to respond to false, misleading leads that are thrown out there, it would hurt our client's case," Baez said. "That's, quite frankly, the reason."

Baez said the state attorney's office has delayed handing over information about the case to him.

He also said that a Jan. 5 start date for the trial may not hold up, and he said he wasn't sure if videotapes of FBI int
erviews with Casey Anthony's parents -- George and Cindy Anthony -- would be admissible in court.
http://www.local6.com/news/18144393/detail.html
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:43:18 PM by Blonde » Logged

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #444 on: November 25, 2008, 03:46:14 PM »

Casey Anthony's Attorney In Courtroom For Hearing

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 – updated: 3:00 pm EST November 25, 2008
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, was in court Tuesday afternoon for a hearing on several motions (read all motions). Baez said he wants more evidence handed over from investigators, including notes, reports and photographs, and less information released to the public.

Jose Baez said he also wants his own team of experts to be allowed to inspect hair that investigators said they found in the trunk of Casey's car. They said it belongs to Caylee and showed signs of decomposition.

Baez is also expected to ask a judge to allow additional testing on the forensic evidence in the case. Eyewitness News found out that a gag order will also be discussed in court on Tuesday.

CASEY'S ATTORNEY CAN BRING LAPTOP TO JAIL

Casey Anthony's lawyer won't have to fight for his laptop.

Jose Baez was going to ask for special permission to bring his laptop to the jail when he visits Casey, but Monday the jail told Eyewitness News it has suddenly changed its laptop policy. They will allow private attorneys to carry in their computers starting next month.

CAYLEE'S GRANDPARENTS HOLD PRAYER VIGIL

Caylee Anthony's grandparents held a prayer vigil at an Orange County church Sunday night. Supporters of George and Cindy Anthony gathered as they often do for a prayer vigil at Eastside Baptist Church.

The vigil comes days after recorded interviews with the FBI and George and Cindy Anthony were released. In the interviews, George made a telling statement about the smell in the trunk of Casey's car.

Eyewitness News asked the family spokesperson, Michelle Bart, about the statement made by George, but she would not reveal anything.

"I have no comment for that," she said.

George and Cindy Anthony didn't want to speak with Eyewitness News, but the family spokesperson wanted to focus on a photo that she says was taken inside the Florida Mall last week, which they believe could be Caylee (see photo).

"We are clinging onto hope because we do believe the witness and we do know that she did dial 911 and the tip line and then had to call our number from the website," Bart said.

However, the Orange County Sheriff's Office has been saying for weeks that Caylee is dead and has discredited the photo.

PADILLA SAYS DONOR MADE $50,000 COMMITMENT TO HELP FIND CAYLEE'S BODY

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla will search for Caylee Anthony's remains again in January. Sunday night, Padilla told Eyewitness News a donor made a $50,000 commitment to help with the search. He won't identify who made that donation.

Padilla said he'll return to Blanchard Park to search the Little Econ River with more equipment.

The bounty hunter caused a frenzy when his dive team claimed they found suspicious evidence in that area on November 13.

FBI INTERVIEWS MAY REVEAL DAMAGING EVIDENCE AGAINST CASEY

New FBI interviews released Friday revealed the most damaging evidence in the case against Casey could come from her own father.

"The worst odor that you could possibly smell in this world. I've smelled that odor before. It smelled like a decomposed body," George Anthony told investigators during a July 31 interview.

George is a retired homicide investigator. He said he would never forget the smell of human death and that's what he said he smelled coming from his daughter's car.

Eyewitness News obtained new video Friday showing the FBI interviewing George and Cindy Anthony.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18141523/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #445 on: November 26, 2008, 07:22:33 AM »

Cindy May Face Obstruction Of Justice Charges
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 – updated: 6:36 am EST November 26, 2008

Eyewitness News uncovered an email showing that Cindy Anthony may have knowingly given investigators the wrong evidence. Full Story ››
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Cindy Anthony was on the defensive Wednesday morning after Eyewitness News uncovered an email showing that she may have knowingly given investigators the wrong evidence.  In the message, Cindy wrote to former family spokesperson Larry Garrison that she gave investigators Casey's hair brush instead of Caylee's brush, which they wanted for a DNA sample.

Cindy Anthony said that she told investigators that the brush that was given to them was used by Caylee and Casey. The FBI and Eyewitness News' legal analyst said Cindy Anthony could face obstruction of justice charges.

Did you purposely give investigators the wrong hairbrush?" asked Eyewitness News Reporter Jeff Deal.

"No absolutely not," Cindy responded.

When Eyewitness News obtained an email from Larry Garrison (read the email), it was handed over to the FBI because of the explosive evidence inside. The email says Cindy gave investigators the wrong hairbrush when they asked for Caylee's brush in late July to compare DNA from her hair to the hair they found in Casey's trunk, where it smelled of death.

Eyewitness News told the FBI about it and now they're investigating whether Cindy has tried to sabotage the investigation. Our reporter confronted Cindy about the email and she said she did not purposely give investigators the wrong hairbrush.

"Did I go around and find all the hairbrushes? No, but it wasn't deception," said Cindy.

Cindy Anthony tries to give the appearance that she's cooperating with investigators, but Eyewitness News has learned she and her husband George have been stalling for weeks to answer their follow-up questions in the investigation.

Then Tuesday, a controversial email surfaced. It appears that the Anthonys' former spokesman, Larry Garrison, says he confronted Cindy by email about why she gave Casey's hairbrush, instead of Caylee's hairbrush, to investigators who wanted a DNA sample.

Garrison said Cindy's emailed response was: "I never lied. I just never went to my bathroom to get the hairbrush that I used only for Caylee."

Cindy believes Garrison is behind the leak, calling it sour grape because the family recently fired him after finding out he was collecting money for interviews. She said she's not worried about any legal trouble.

"Are you afraid of getting arrested?" asked Jeff Deal.

"I'm not afraid. I've received no calls from the FBI or Sheriff's Office. They know I handed that brush, I told them it was Casey's," Cindy responded.

Eyewitness News passed the email along to FBI Special Agent Nick Savage, who told Eyewitness News Tuesday: "The appropriate weight will be given to this like all other information received. Law enforcement will address this matter as it relates to the investigation."

Eyewitness News legal analyst Bill Scheaffer told Eyewitness News the obstruction of justice statute could apply.

"If she knowingly gave the investigators the wrong hairbrush, then I think there's enough elasticity in this statute that one could bring a charge of obstructing justice," Schaeffer said.

Cindy Anthony told Eyewitness News that she's not afraid of being arrested. Eyewitness News also found out that it is unlikely the Anthonys would be charged since they lost their granddaughter, but the issues could affect their credibility if they try to defend Casey in court.

So is this "obstructing justice?" Eyewitness News looked up the legal definition: "An attempt to interfere with the administration of the courts, the judicial system or law enforcement officers, including threatening witnesses, improper conversations with jurors, hiding evidence, or interfering with an arrest. Such activity is a crime."

http://www.wftv.com/news/18150085/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #446 on: November 26, 2008, 07:24:36 AM »

Judge will rule today on gag order in Casey Anthony case
Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
November 26, 2008

A judge is expected to decide today whether he will prohibit the main players involved in the Casey Anthony prosecution from speaking publicly about the case.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey2608nov26,0,848692.story

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #447 on: November 26, 2008, 08:29:12 PM »

More documents released in Casey Anthony case
Someone using the Anthonys' home computer used Google to search for "neck breaking," "how to make chloraform [sic]" and "household weapons" in March, court documents show.
Amy L. Edwards and Bianca Prieto | Sentinel Staff Writers
3:32 PM EST, November 26, 2008

Court documents released today by the State Attorney's Office in the Casey Anthony case reveal in part that the Anthonys' home computer was used to search for "neck breaking," "how to make chloraform [sic]" and "household weapons."

The Internet searches happened in mid-March, four months before then-2-year-old Caylee Anthony was reported missing.

The documents -- more than 700 pages of them on a CD -- were released in response to a public-records request from the Orlando Sentinel.

They include a variety of information, including e-mail correspondence among members of the Anthony family, depositions with people involved in the case and reports from tipsters.

Also included are photographs of Anthony partying and out with friends, text messages she received and sent to others, and cell phone records.

Anthony remains in the Orange County Jail on a slew of charges, including first-degree murder in the disappearance of her daughter, Caylee Marie. Caylee was 2 when she was reported missing July 15. The toddler's body has not been found.

Here is what some of the newly released documents reveal:

-- Someone using the Anthonys' home computer used Google to search for "neck breaking," "how to make chloraform [sic]" and "household weapons." Someone also Googled peroxide, acetone, alcohol and "lost numbers."

Someone also used Wikipedia to search for "inhalation," "chloroform," "acetone," "shovel" and "death."

A computer forensics report from a Sheriff's Office detective states that on March 21, someone used other Web sources like sci-spot.com, druglibrary.org and instructables.com for the words "making weapons out of household products," "chloroformhabit," "how to make chloroform," and "chloro2."

-- Air samples studied by researchers at the National Center for Forensic Science at the University of Central Florida showed there was evidence of "volatile organic chemicals" in the trunk of Anthony's Pontiac Sunfire. Samples showed evidence of gasoline vapors, chloroform and compounds "known to be liberated from decomposition of human remains."

But the researcher wrote that those items "does not conclusively demonstrate that human decomposition was previously present in the automobile's trunk due to other possible sources of these materials."

-- Anthony allegedly stole $354 from her grandfather's bank account in April to pay her cell phone bill. Anthony's grandmother told investigators it appears Casey got their check routing number from a birthday card they sent her in March.

-- In an interview with Orange County deputies and an FBI agent, Casey's grandmother, Shirley Plesea, said Casey began stealing from her in 2007.

Casey stole a check from Plesea on Caylee's second birthday in August 2007, Plesea said. Casey allegedly later used her grandmother's stolen check at Publix for $54. Plesea was mad at Casey but forgave her, the report shows.

Earlier this year Plesea noticed another check was missing.

Check back for more details

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-discovery-112608,0,1409870.story

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: November 26, 2008, 08:30:58 PM »

Excerpts from Anthony discovery documents

Last Edited: Wednesday, 26 Nov 2008, 5:55 PM EST

Created: Wednesday, 26 Nov 2008, 5:24 PM EST

Casey Anthony

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) -- Someone performed Internet searches for "neck breaking" and "household weapons" on the home computer of a Florida mother charged with killing her missing 3-year-old daughter, according to court documents released Wednesday.

The Orange County State Attorney's office released almost 800 pages of discovery documents in the case of 22-year-old Casey Anthony, who has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and other charges in the June disappearance of her daughter Caylee.

Investigators look for clues in web searches

On March 17, someone used the Anthony's home computer to do Google searches for peroxide, shovels, acetone, alcohol and how to make chloroform. Traces of chloroform, which is used to induce unconsciousness, were found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car during forensic testing by a Tennessee lab.

Closer analysis of the documents reveal that not only were Google and Wikipedia sites used for web searches, but other websites such as  blogspot, sci-spot.com,  druglibrary.org and instructables.com were also used for searching words or the string of words: "making weapons out of household products," "choroformhabit," "chloroform," "how to make  chloroform," and "chloro2."

Casey describes babysitter as "definitely someone I trust"

Anthony told authorities she had left her daughter with a baby sitter in June and the two were gone when she returned from work. She says she spent the next month trying to find her daughter and didn't call authorities because she was scared. Investigators say they have poked several holes in her story.

Through instant messaging, an acquaintance of Casey's inquires about her babysitter.   Excerpts are taken from an exchange on Sunday, July 13 -- three days before Caylee was reported missing -- between Casey and Youriev Donov, 24, of Orlando:

CA: i didn't ever want to live in an apartment, but i don't think getting a house is the best idea ... not right now

YD: yeah good idea, so what do u do when u work? with the kid that is

CA: i have a nanny. i love her.

YD: nice.  how much do they charge?

CA: we've been friends for over 6 years. definitely someone i trust.  it just depends.  i pay her a lot more than most nanny's make. it's worth it though

YD: yeah i understand

CA: she's a friend. between myself, and one of my coworkers, its her main source of income

And in another exchange on Monday, July 14:

CA: [expletive], even outside of a relationship, i'm probably not in the best spot either

YD: why?

CA: i'm pretty hung up on tony, and realistically, if he moves back to new york next year, my relationship will end. sucks to know that inevitably, unless i were to drop everything, i'm going to love someone close to me

YD: then why dig a deeper whole [sic]?  i couldn't do that to myself

CA: that's why i'm torn right now

"I am the dumbest person and the worst mother"

Caylee had not been seen for several days. The child's grandmother first called authorities in July to say she hadn't seen Caylee for a month and her daughter's car smelled like death. 

The following is what appears to be fragments of Yahoo web mail recovered from Casey's computer.  It reads:

"can't sleep, stupid hot flashes wake me up then I start thinking about you and Caylee.  Dad said he went to work at 9am and got home at 630p, he said he did not come home in between.  I don't know who or what to believe anymore."   The email goes on, "You told me everyday that you were going to call me and you haven't but you choose to call when you know I won't be home.  What the hell is going on?  I've tried not to bug you to death but I still haven't gotten to see pictures of Caylee or gotten to speak to her.  It's been over a month now. Am I ever going to see her again?  Are you still with Jeff?  Are you going back to work"?    The author of the email goes on to write, "I'm not sure how much longer I can continue on this day to day course.  I'm going freakin nuts not knowing what's going on with you.   I had a breakdown at work, can't take much more."

Cell phone records include text messages in which Casey calls herself "the worst mother," and calls Caylee a "little snothead," according to the documents.  Here are a few excerpts from a text exchange between Tony Lazzaro and Casey Anthony through a Blackberry device on July 16 -- the day Caylee was reported missing:

CA: I'm so sorry for not telling  you what happened .. we obviously need to talk. I need you .. and i love you more than you know.

TL: Where is Caylee?

CA: I honestly don't know ..

TL: I don't know ... R u serious?  When did u find out?

CA: I've been filing reports all night and driving around with multiple officers looking at old apartments i had taken her to.

TL: Y wouldn't you tell me of all people I was ur boyfriend that cares about you and ur daughter.  Doesnt make sense to me Why would u lie to me

CA: I lied to everyone. What was i supposed to say? i trust my daughter with some psycho.  How does that look?

TL: Idk  what to say .. I just hope your daughter is okay and im gonna do watever to help ur family and the cops

CA: i was put in handcuffs for almost 10 minutes and sat in the back of a cop car. The best thing and most important person is my life is missing.  I am the dumbest person and the worst mother.  I honestly hate myself.  The most important thing is getting caylee back but i truly hpe that you can forgive me .. granted i will never be able to forgive myself.

TL: Who is this zanny nanny person

CA: Someone i had net [sic] through a mutual friend almost 4 years ago. She used be my buddy  jeffs nanny before she became mine.  i'm scared

Also of interest

Other documents of interest include a 911call made in November of last year from the Arden Villas Apartments in East Orange County.  The caller informed the 911 operator that Casey Anthony was having a seizure.  The operator notes that Casey was "unresponsive and shaking" and that she had experienced "nausea all day and was drinking heavily" the night before.

And in other developments, Casey's grandmother, Shirely Plesea told authorities that her granddaughter had made an unauthorized transfer from her husband's bank account in April of 2008 in the amount of $354, to pay a cell phone bill.   Plesea believed Casey got the bank routing numbers from a check she included in a birthday card, sent to Casey in March

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7953974&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #449 on: November 26, 2008, 08:45:13 PM »

700+ additional discovery documents released

Last Edited: Wednesday, 26 Nov 2008, 8:35 PM EST
Created: Wednesday, 26 Nov 2008, 12:14 PM EST

Casey Anthony

StoriesTimeline, Documents and Photos related to the Casey Anthony Case
PI hired by Anthony family continues search
Judge denies gag order in Anthony case

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- Court documents released Wednesday show that someone performed Internet searches for "neck breaking" and "household weapons" on Casey Anthony's home computer.

The Orange County State Attorney's Office released almost 800 pages of discovery documents in the case of 22-year-old Casey Anthony, who has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and other charges in the June disappearance of her daughter Caylee .

VIDEO: New discoveries released in Anthony case
On March 17, someone used the Anthonys' home computer to do Google searches for peroxide, shovels, acetone, alcohol and how to make chloroform. Traces of chloroform, which is used to induce unconsciousness, were found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car during forensic testing by a Tennessee lab.

Cell phone records include text messages in which Casey calls herself "the worst mother," and calls Caylee a "little snothead," according to the documents.

Caylee has not been seen since June, but she wasn't reported missing until a month later. The child's grandmother first called authorities in July to say she hadn't seen Caylee for a month and
her daughter's car smelled like death.

READ THE FULL DOCUMENTS AT Link

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7952044&version=21&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #450 on: November 30, 2008, 04:57:17 PM »

Anthony family members expected at vigil tonight for missing Caylee Marie
Kevin P. Connolly | Sentinel Staff Writer
2:44 PM EST, November 30, 2008

Members of the Anthony family are expected at a vigil tonight in Orlando. George and Cindy Anthony have been holding vigils because their granddaughter, Caylee Marie, is missing.

Authorities say the little girl, who would have turned 3 in August, is dead and they have charged her mother, Casey Anthony, 22, with first-degree murder. George and Cindy Anthony think the little girl is alive.

Tonight's vigil is part of the National Vigil for Hope, according to a statement from Michelle A. Bart, a spokeswoman for the Anthonys.

The local vigil will be at 8 p.m. at Eastside Baptist Church, 1900 Conway Gardens Road. Earlier today, Bart issued a news release about the event.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee-anthony-vigil-113008,0,6223831.story

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #451 on: December 01, 2008, 06:51:22 PM »

Cindy Anthony Says Someone Hacked Her Yahoo Email Account
Monday, December 1, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Cindy Anthony says someone hacked into her email and sent out messages and documents containing sensitive information about the case. WFTV reporter Kathi Belich received four of the emails herself, but when she realized something didn't seem right about them she forwarded the emails to the FBI.

Now, the FBI is investigating.

The Anthonys have used their home computer to email their spokesman, their private investigators and others about the case, but they say someone accessed their account when they weren't even home during the holiday weekend.

Cindy Anthony hammered the point home earlier this year that people were going too far and she was trying to protect her home turf. But over the Thanksgiving weekend, she says someone broke through the boundaries in a more underhanded way, by somehow getting into her Yahoo email account, gaining access to her messages and even confidential documents pertaining to her daughter Casey's defense and sending them out posing as Cindy.

Kathi Belch received four of them on Friday. One of the emails involved the Caylee hairbrush story Eyewitness News broke last week. It seemed odd that Cindy would send Kathi such apparently personal and sensitive information.

Kathi text messaged Cindy right away and forwarded the emails to the FBI, which is already investigating an allegation that Cindy gave investigators the wrong hairbrush when they were trying to get a DNA sample for Caylee.

Cindy told Kathi she had not sent any emails and Monday said she had been locked out of her account over the weekend and said Yahoo found someone in Ocala who might have gotten in.

"It would be a connection between Ocala and Orlando or several protesters that we did run background checks on throughout that period. As to me saying it would be attributed to them, not what I'm saying, but possibly an Ocala to Orlando," said Dominic Casey, Anthonys' private investigator.

The FBI asked Eyewitness News not to reveal the details of emails because of their investigation. They include exchanges between Cindy Anthony and her spokesman, her private investigator, and even the PR person for Kid Finders, angry with Eyewitness News after exposing their founder has a criminal background.

"This is an extreme invasion of privacy of delicate, sensitive information," Dominic Casey said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18181289/detail.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #452 on: December 02, 2008, 07:51:54 AM »

Cindy Anthony Says Someone Hacked Her Email Account

Monday, December 1, 2008 – updated: 5:29 pm EST December 1, 2008
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Cindy Anthony says someone hacked into her email and sent out messages and documents containing sensitive information about the case. WFTV reporter Kathi Belich received four of the emails herself, but when she realized something didn't seem right about them she forwarded the emails to the FBI.

Now, the FBI is investigating.

TEAM COVERAGE: FBI Investigating Cindy's Claim

The Anthonys have used their home computer to email their spokesman, their private investigators and others about the case, but they say someone accessed their account when they weren't even home during the holiday weekend.

Cindy Anthony hammered the point home earlier this year that people were going too far and she was trying to protect her home turf. But over the Thanksgiving weekend, she says someone broke through the boundaries in a more underhanded way, by somehow getting into her Yahoo email account, gaining access to her messages and even confidential documents pertaining to her daughter Casey's defense and sending them out posing as Cindy.

Kathi Belch received four of them on Friday. One of the emails involved the Caylee hairbrush story Eyewitness News broke last week. It seemed odd that Cindy would send Kathi such apparently personal and sensitive information.

Kathi text messaged Cindy right away and forwarded the emails to the FBI, which is already investigating an allegation that Cindy gave investigators the wrong hairbrush when they were trying to get a DNA sample for Caylee.

Cindy told Kathi she had not sent any emails and Monday said she had been locked out of her account over the weekend and said Yahoo found someone in Ocala who might have gotten in.

"It would be a connection between Ocala and Orlando or several protesters that we did run background checks on throughout that period. As to me saying it would be attributed to them, not what I'm saying, but possibly an Ocala to Orlando," said Dominic Casey, Anthonys' private investigator.

The FBI asked Eyewitness News not to reveal the details of emails because of their investigation. They include exchanges between Cindy Anthony and her spokesman, her private investigator, and even the PR person for Kid Finders, angry with Eyewitness News after exposing their founder has a criminal background.

"This is an extreme invasion of privacy of delicate, sensitive information," Dominic Casey said.

CASEY, CAYLEE #2 SEARCHED NEWS STORY

It's a sign of just how much the story of Casey and Caylee Anthony has captured the country's attention.

On Monday, Yahoo.com released its list of the top news stories searched on its site in 2008 and Caylee and Casey Anthony was the second most popular news search.

Yahoo said the most searched news stories in order were on hurricanes, Caylee and Casey Anthony, election 2008, Pakistan, pregnant man, China, Iraq, Shelley Malil, Patrick Swayze and Afghanistan.

CASEY EATS THANKSGIVING DINNER IN JAIL

Channel 9 learned Casey's father, George Anthony, spent part of his Thanksgiving driving by himself around downtown Orlando and Winter Park towing his "Where is Caylee billboard." Even after new evidence was released to support the theory Casey killed her daughter Caylee, George has continued searching for a live Caylee.

Meanwhile, Casey Anthony spent Thanksgiving alone in the Orange County Jail. Officials said the Anthony family did not visit Casey Thursday nor did she request any visitors or phone calls for the holiday.

Instead, she dined with other prisoners on turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, bread and butter. For dessert, Casey had a slice of pumpkin spice cake.

FAMILY FEUDS OVER WHETHER CAYLEE IS DEAD

Eyewitness News has obtained new documents from prosecutors that show Casey's own relatives believe she killed her daughter. In the 700 pages of evidence there were emails that started a family feud between Cindy Anthony and her brother.

Cindy's brother said he's frustrated that she believes Casey. In early August reporters asked Cindy Anthony a lot of tough questions about Casey's lies and Eyewitness News has learned Cindy's own brother was asking those same questions.

However, his inquiries ended in a family feud. In an email exchanged in August, Cindy's brother Rick Plesea, who she rarely talked to, told her his theory: "Caylee drowned in the pool, and Casey put Caylee's body in the trunk of her car." and "That is why the dogs hit on the trunk." From there the exchange deteriorated to insults.

Cindy wrote: "The next time you say Caylee is dead I will personally come there and kick your sorry a** all the way to hell."

Her brother fired back: "Your granddaughter is dead. There, I said it. Casey has killed her someway either by accident or on purpose."

"You have both lost your minds," Plesea writes to Cindy and George.

He also said Casey Anthony attended his wedding seven months pregnant with Caylee and when Rick asked Cindy about it she said Casey told her she wasn't pregnant then proceeded to say, "She would have to have sex to be pregnant."

Rick Plesea forwarded all of his emails to detectives.

CASEY DOCUMENTS TALK OF CHLOROFORM, NECK-BREAKING

Nearly 700 pages of evidence released in the Casey Anthony case contain disturbing internet searches, a accusation of a frame-up and allegations of potential incest in the Anthony family.

The investigation has brought out accusations Casey had been making against those closest to her, namely that her father George has abused her, and that her brother Lee made inappropriate sexual advances toward her once when she was in junior high. The documents show Casey said her mother Cindy did not believe that to be true.

The newly released court documents show Casey Anthony searched for information on chloroform, types of shovels and neck-breaking on her computer in the time before her young daughter Caylee disappeared.

The documents reveal that Casey searched those items in March, at the same time she was also looking on missing children web sites. Casey reported her daughter missing in June. Casey claims she left Caylee with a babysitter but that person has never been found and Casey now stands charged with Caylee’s murder.

DOCUMENT DETAILS

Some of the information found on Casey’s computer also related to the chemicals peroxide, acetone and alcohol, which can be used to make chloroform.

Traces of chloroform were found in the trunk of Casey’s car, along with DNA evidence that suggests the dead body of Caylee had also been in there.

Investigators say they found that Casey’s mother Cindy was not at home when the searches were done. They say she was at work but that her father, George, was not employed at the time.

Casey’s ex-fiance’, Jesse Grund, told investigators he has heard that Casey has been cooking up a story to frame him for Caylee's murder, even though she insists Caylee is alive. Grund claims Casey tried to convince her lawyer, with her mother's help, that Grund killed Caylee because of his "obsession" with her and planted evidence in the back of her (Casey’s) car.

The documents also show there was no rotting pizza in the trunk of Casey’s car. Cindy Anthony has long claimed a horrible smell that detectives have described as the smell of death, was due to a rotting pizza. But the documents show there was nothing but an empty pizza box in a bag in the trunk.

Investigators say when George opened the car trunk at a towing company, with a towing company employee next to him, flies flew out of the trunk. The pair tossed the trash bag that was in the trunk into the dumpster. Later, when investigators went back to it and opened it, they found flies, maggots, and the empty pizza box.

The new records also show that Casey told her parents during a jail visit that her message to "Zenaida," the mysterious nanny, was "she (Zenaida) needs to return Caylee" and "I forgive her.”

Casey hinted that she told Cindy long ago that she might have given someone a key to their house but didn’t say who.

Casey also gave a description of Zenaida: she’s 5-feet, 7-inches tall, has curly brown hair that had been straightened, weighs 140 pounds, and has brown eyes, and a lot of money.

Also released Wednesday, investigators say Casey's slacks, which her mother removed from the car and washed because they reeked of the same odor inside the car, were apparently the same slacks Casey was wearing on the day Caylee disappeared and is believed to have been murdered. Investigators did not ask for those slacks early on because they had already been laundered at least once.

Investigators also say the documents indicate that Casey might have been considering coming clean a couple of times. On the day she was indicted for murder she actually called her attorney from the sheriff's headquarters and hinted she might help investigators find Caylee. But once she talked to him she changed her mind. In August, she was about to meet with her father at the jail but once again it appears her attorney talked her out of it.

FAMILY TENSION

The released documents show Grund also told investigators Cindy wanted Caylee to call her "Mommy" in front of Casey.

Casey's parents' financial problems almost shattered their marriage but ended up saving it because Cindy couldn't afford divorce. The investigation showed Cindy supported George for years. He lost thousands of dollars in a U.K. lottery scam.

The documents also show the following:

Cindy told her mother that Caylee was her life and her mother says if not for Caylee, Cindy might have harmed herself.

Just before Caylee disappeared, Cindy was about to throw Casey out of the house and try to get custody of Caylee. She caught Casey lying. At one point, Cindy talked about choking Casey, presumably out of frustration.

Friends said Casey was "annoyingly giddy" two weeks after investigators believe Casey murdered Caylee because her boyfriend, Tony Lazzaro was returning to Orlando after a trip home to New York for the Fourth of July weekend. Lazzaro told investigators that Caylee was “great” but he did remember telling Casey that he wanted to have sons, because his little sisters taught him how tough it is to raise girls.

Investigators also found Casey's doodlings, writing her name as Lazzaro's wife, with hearts in the script

http://www.wftv.com/news/18181289/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #453 on: December 11, 2008, 09:29:15 AM »

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) -- Another court hearing is scheduled in the case of missing Orlando toddler Caylee Marie Anthony.    A status hearing was expected to get underway around 9 a.m. Thursday morning in Orlando for the little girl's 22-year-old mother, Casey Anthony.   MyFoxOrlando.com intends to stream the live event.

Casey Anthony will not be in attendance in courtroom 6-D before Circuit Ninth Circuit Judge Stan Strickland. She remains behind bars, charged with first degree murder.   State prosecutors have decided not to pursue the death penalty.  Her child's body hasn't been found.

While the pretrial hearing is only expected to take a few minutes, the same was said of the most recent bond hearing, which extended to three hours.  No motions are expected to be addressed today.

Casey Anthony's trial date is scheduled for January 5,  but there is some speculation that the attorney for Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, could possibly file a motion of continuance, which would further delay a trial.

There is also speculation that a change of venue motion could be forthcoming.   "We've done extensive research, which is why the motion hasn't been filed yet.  We want to be able to analyze coverage in all the media markets in the state of Florida," said Baez.

"The test is not people who havn't heard about the case, but people who have no preconceived idea about the case," said FOX 35 Senior Legal Analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano.

Today's status hearing is typically a time when attorneys for both the prosecution and defense go before the judge to determine if everyone is on schedule with pre-trial preparations.

In other developments, Baez is seeking a court order for a mall surveillance video  that may show the little girl was alive last month.   The request was prompted by a photograph taken by an unidentified shopper with a cell phone camera, showing a girl who resembles Caylee playing at the Florida Mall five months after the little girl was last seen. The photo was submitted to a tip line in the ongoing search for the 3-year-old.

Three-year-old Caylee hasn't been seen since June.  Her mother did not report her missing until July and has said she left the girl with a baby sitter, who has not been found.

George and Cindy Anthony, grandparents of Caylee, fielded calls from viewers on CNN's Larry King Live on Wednesday night.   Cindy Anthony said she knows of three sightings of the baby sitter.  The Anthonys said Orange County law enforcement officials are not pursuing tips because they believe Casey Anthony is guilty.

"They decided from the very beginning how this would take place," Cindy Anthony said. "They made judgment on her within two hours of having her in custody."

King said the Orange County Sheriff's Department issued a statement to his show that read in part, "Evidence, unfortunately, indicates we are looking for a dead child."

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #454 on: December 11, 2008, 02:06:40 PM »

Remains Of Young Child Found Near Anthony Home

Thursday, December 11, 2008 – updated: 1:50 pm EST December 11, 2008
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The remains of a young child were located in east Orange County Thursday morning, less than a half-mile from Casey Anthony's parents' home, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

An Orange County water meter reader, who had gone to relieve himself, discovered a bag about 20 to 30 feet off the sidewalk in the area of Chickasaw Trail and Suburban Drive (see map), around three-tenths of a mile from the Anthonys' home (map from location

According to information obtained by Eyewitness News, when the meter reader picked up the bag a skull fell out. The Orange County Sheriff's Office has confirmed to Eyewitness News that the body is a young child.

"We are assuming they are the remains of a victim," said Orange County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jim Solomons.

It is not clear at this point whether the body was that of Caylee Anthony.

"We know we have a recent discovery. We have investigators on the scene. We need to determine what we have," said Solomons.

Deputies set up a perimeter near a small retention pond. Heavy rain pounded the scene, making the investigation more difficult. FBI agents and agents from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement were also on the scene.

Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary said the area had been underwater during previous searches so it was not surprising the remains hadn't been found before.

When asked if the body could be that of any other child, Beary responded, "Not that we know of."

Eyewitness News reporter Kathi Belich said sources told her they were taking this very seriously and would expedite DNA tests to determine if the remains were indeed Caylee's. Investigators told her they were "very optimistic" they had found the missing girl. Beary said the FBI had told him experts at its lab in Quantico, VA would work through the weekend if necessary on the case.

Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, has been charged with murder in connection with the case. She is currently in the Orange County jail. A jail spokesman said he did not know if Casey was aware of the morning's discovery. During a previous search, a counselor was brought in to talk with Casey.

DEPUTIES SECURE HOUSE

Orange County deputies also moved to secure the Anthony home. The home had been the site of many protests and on-looker gatherings throughout the course of investigation into Caylee's disappearance.

Neighbors and others began showing up at the house about 11:00 a.m.

"I think it's tremendous, I think it's due," said one of the discovery of the remains. "We've been searching for this little girl for months. America is listening and wants this little girl found."

The house was also a possible crime scene. Investigators could search for more evidence based on what they found with the remains.

EXPERTS REACT

Dr. Michael Baden, a forensics expert, said DNA tests would likely confirm what other evidence at the scene would tell investigators (watch Baden interview). For example, detectives say there was duct tape on the bag and skull that were found. Baden said detectives would be able to match that tape and bag to other tape and bags they had previously gathered from the trunk of Casey Anthony's car.

"They can tell the age and height of the child. They'll have a good sense of if it's Caylee. The DNA will just confirm the evidence," said Baden.

Tim Miller, founder of the Texas-based search group Equusearch, said he had been called by law enforcement officials and told they believed they had found Caylee Anthony (watch Miller interview).

"The words were, 'Tim, it looks like we got her,'" said Miller. "I'm surprised. It was one of them cases I thought would have never been found… I thought the best thing that would ever happen is that one day we could go to a funeral and say good-bye to this little girl… and it looks like that will happen."

"I'm just overcome with emotion and grief right now," said bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, who has been a major part of search efforts to find Caylee's body (watch Padilla interview).

http://www.wftv.com/news/18253901/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #455 on: December 11, 2008, 02:10:49 PM »

'Remains appear to be Caylee,'
says searcher

Updated: 14 minutes ago
The EquuSearch leader also said sheriff's office investigator thinks the remains belong to missing toddler Caylee Marie Anthony.
MAP: Deputies find remains of small child

EquuSearch's leader said sheriff's office investigator thinks the remains found today belong to missing toddler Caylee Marie Anthony.

Tim Miller, the founder and director of EquuSearch, said the remains "appear to be Caylee, but with any case, we have to wait until a positive ID is made."

"It looks like finally it's over with," Miller said.

Orange County deputies said a meter reader found the remains of a young child this morning in the area of S. Chickasaw Trail and Suburban Drive -- less than 1/4 mile from the Anthonys' home on Hopespring Drive. Spokesman Jim Solomons of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said the remains were found in a bag.

Todd Black, the spokesman for Casey Anthony's defense attorney, said the utility worker picked up the bag and a skull rolled out of it. Residents said duct tape was found around the skull, but those reports have not been confirmed by law-enforcement official.

"We certainly hope it isn't [related to the Anthony case]," Black said. "If it is, it is a sad day."

Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary is at the crime scene and said, "we are trying to put it all together." The sheriff also said there are no other cases of missing children in Orange County.

Beary said the FBI was notified and their investigators told him the discovery is a top priority for the agency's lab.

Dr. Lee Jantz, coordinator of the forensic anthropology center at the University of Tennessee, told the Associated Press that it is more difficult to identify a child's body than an adult's.

Jantz said the first thing medical examiners will do is compare photos of the child with the skull, in hopes of making a bone structure comparison. In high-profile cases the DNA of the bones will also be tested.

Anthony's defense attorney Jose Baez, walked out of Orange County Jail shortly after 1:33 p.m. and he was surrounded by media cameras and reporters. He would not speak about the remains. He said he would comment later today.

EquuSearch volunteer Deborah Smith said she searched the area three times and had "a bad feeling" because Anthony had mentioned her daughter was nearby.

"It still feels like she's, she's close to home," Anthony told her brother Lee Anthony in a recorded telephone conversation in July. "That's still my best feeling at the moment."

Smith said the area where the remains were found is "really wet and steep and there's lots of snakes back there."

Three-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony was reported missing July 15. Anthony was indicted in October on first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to law enforcement.

Anthony is being held without bail at the Orange County Jail.

Cindy and George Anthony have insisted that their granddaughter is alive.

Captain Angelo Nieves of the sheriff's office said investigators "right now cannot confirm the sex of the child." Nieves said lead investigator John Allen called George and Cindy Anthony about the discovery. The Orange County Jail was also notified.

Nieves said forensic detectives are inspecting the remains. A medical examiner and FBI detectives are also at the scene.

Sheriff's office patrol cars are blocking Suburban Drive at Hopespring Drive. Yellow crime scene tape surrounds a section of woods near the intersection.

EquuSearch spokeswoman Mandy Albritton said their workers did not check that location earlier because it was submerged in water when they had looked in September. When they returned in November, the site had been fenced off.

Check back for updates.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-caylee-anthony-body-found-121108,0,6109837.story

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #456 on: December 11, 2008, 02:32:39 PM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #457 on: December 11, 2008, 02:33:28 PM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #458 on: December 11, 2008, 02:55:15 PM »

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #459 on: December 11, 2008, 02:55:34 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.