May 28, 2024, 07:13:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #767 8/5 through 9/9  (Read 312416 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2008, 10:46:09 PM »

This is the photo that some have said is Gilliam van der Straaten although I have no idea where the photo actually came from.

http://www.bordercollie.eu/index.php?option=com_ezine&task=view&page=1&category=23&Itemid=128

One "l" on the webpage that this came from, and one "l" in Klaas's link.  Hope this helps.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2008, 11:04:29 PM »

This is the photo that some have said is Gilliam van der Straaten although I have no idea where the photo actually came from.

http://www.bordercollie.eu/index.php?option=com_ezine&task=view&page=1&category=23&Itemid=128

One "l" on the webpage that this came from, and one "l" in Klaas's link.  Hope this helps.

I see that.  This was taken in June 2007.  This guy doesn't look older that Wee Winky Van Der Sloot.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2008, 11:07:54 PM »

So there is no son of Jan van der Straten named Gilliam?   Oops!  Sorry I mentioned it. My mistake.

Don't know.  But, is it possible that there is a son of Jan named G-I-L-I-A-M, not G-I-L-L-I-A-M?

I mean,...I'm just sayin' if we ask if he has a son named Gilliam and the answer is no it is the correct answer if his name is Giliam.  It's not lying...is it?

LOL  Well heck!  I don't know in that case.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2008, 11:15:38 PM »

Looks like he may have won in his class again in 2001:

http://www.sunfishclass.org/results/2001/2001curacao_championship.htm

Curacao Sunfish Championship, 2001
from the Curacao national Sunfish web site at http://www.sunfish-curacao.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curacaos kampioenschap sunfish 2001

Orkaan Chantal liet niet na diverse sunfish zeilers af te schrikken om deel te nemen aan dit jaarlijkse kampioenschap. Als hun absentie veroorzaakt was door de verwachting dat het wel windstil zou worden hadden ze het mis, het woei buitengewoon stevig waarbij ook zeer ervaren rotten niet gevrijwaard werden van een stukje zwemmen achter een wegdrijvende omgeslagen sunfish. Bij de start van de eerste race op zaterdag was de gedoodverfde favoriet Cor van Aanholt nog reparaties aan het uitvoeren. De 6 minuten die hij later startte maakte hij niet meer goed zodat een magere 8e plaats zijn plek werd. Aan kop vochten Niek Kort en Alex Roose het uit. Laatsgenoemde leek een veilige voorsprong te hebben maar had de pech te moeten gijpen in een windstoot van 37 knopen waardoor hij zwemmend twee boten aan zich voorbij moest laten gaan. De zondag werden eerst de altijd spectaculaire shorttrack wedsstrijden afgewerkt. Alex Roose had een vliegende start en kon tot verbazing van iedereen die voorsprong vasthouden voor de heftig aanvallende Cor van Aanholt. De tweed shortrack liet een vertrouwder beeld zien met Cor van meet af aan de leiding die hij slechts halverwege het eerste kruisrak tijdelijk even afstond. Spannender was de strijd om de 4 plaatsen daarachter: Voortdurend werd stuivertje gewisseld maar bij de finish bleef Peter Goote met een fantastische laatste stuurboord klap de concurentie voor.

Ook de lange baan s'middags was weer een waar gevecht tegen de schuimkoppen en dreigende valse gijpen met een min of meer verwachtte uitslag. De strijd in de B-klasse lijkt een prooi te gaan worden voor Giliam van der Straaten die tot nu toe alles won. De Jeugdklasse zag het met uitzondering van de dappere 40 kgr wegende Ron Bouman niet zitten zodat deze zeer talentvolle jonge sunfish zeiler aan de B-klasse is toegevoegd. In het weekend van 25 en 26 augustus worden de wedstrijden vervolgd.

Uitslagen:

Stand na het eerste weekend, de helft van de races is gevaren

Overall kampioenschap, Lange banen

A-KLasse:
1.Alex Roose                     2, 2, 3
2.Cor van Aanholt               8, 1, 1
3.Niek Kort                        1, 7, 2
4.Peter Goote                    5, 3, 5
5.Dolf van der Giessen        4, 3, 6
6.Martin Mulder                  7, 5, 4
7.Bruce Brandt                   3, 6, 11
8.Winfried Merkies              9, 8, 7
9.Wim van der Gulik            6,10,11
10.Hans van der Straaten    11, 9, 8
11. Frans Versteeg             11,11,11

De tweede lange baan is het gemiddelde van de eerste twee korte banen. Derhalve zijn er in de A-klasse twee derde plaatsen uitgedeeld en geen vierde plaats. Het zelfde idee geschiedde in de B-klasse

B-klasse
1.Giliam van der Straaten    1,1,1
2.Bob van Oorschot            3,2,2
3.Youri Koeks                    2,2,3

Jeugdklasse:
1.Ron Bouman        1,1,1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some pictures at this site.  Hans VDS is an older gentleman that is very successful in the races from what I can tell.  (I believe Eefje is listed at the bottom of one of the pics also.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59708538@N00/2648903441/

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2008, 11:36:36 PM »

http://www.sunfishclass.org/sunfish-sailors-in-the-news.php

On this page to the right there are links for the different Country clubs...some have pics.

finngirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2008, 03:32:43 AM »

June 14, 2005, 07:21:57 PM
Arubagirl: van der Straaten, according to his son (who I'm friends with), isn't too fond of KABNAA (=place where v/d Sloot works) nowadays.
_ _ _ _ _

Fri Aug 26, 2005

5:34 pm
arubagirl: I swear to God I am getting tired of reading "Gilliam van der Straten". Seriously, who makes up this crap?

5:36 pm
whodunit: I thought NativeLingo said that was his name, but he is not related? Is that not his name?

5:37 pm
arubagirl: There isn't even someone of that name on the bloody island! Gilliam, that is.

5:38 pm
whodunit: Ok, I was confused. She said not related though. Anyway, do you know who that is then?

5:38 pm
arubagirl: Haven't got a clue.

friday aug 26, 2005

8:15 pm
I hear shango: hey....question.....earlier today someone posted a picture of a kid that looked like the google [tickle] kid Koen, friend of many...and said that is was Van Straaten's son. Is it Koen? the friend that visited Joran with Freddy and Jaime on his birthday? if so....he changed his tickle name recently to K.g. instead of koen...why?

8:44 pm
I hear shango: since no one answered me before...i will ask again....is Koen the same kid that people were saying was Van Straaten's son earlier?

He recently changed his name on his tickle site to K.g.

8:46 pm
arubagirl: No, they called him "Gilliam".

8:48 pm
I hear shango: AG...so Koen is also known as Gilliam? If so, is he Straaten's son?

8:48 pm
DT: Both Freddy and Jaime were present with the Van Der Sloots on Joran's 18th birthday at KIA

8:50 pm
I hear shango: DT....yes, they were and Koen was also there.

8:54 pm
arubagirl: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:57 pm
Ting: Could he be persuaded to adopt him to save SM bandwidth?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

a lot of the early confusion came from
Koen's photo being on two tickle sites

like the other playahs, Koen had a legit tickle site
(displaying pix of him/his dad/bro/etc)

someone created a tickle site for 'Giliam van der straten' ...
using a photo of Koen Gottenbos

Giliam: one "L"
straten: lower case "S"

always thought the lower case "s" in straten
sorta showed that it was a bogus site ...
I mean, most people can/will type their own name correctly

the only other bogus tickle site I remember
was the one dedicated to PvdS ...
listing "running" and "sweating" as favorite activities, LOL
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Mum,

Do you have a link for this particular post by AG?  Interesting because we have been told that Van Der Straaten did not have any sons, but had at least one daughter.  Has it ever been confirmed that Jan Van Der Straaten did or did not have a son?

I recall NativeLingo posting that
the oldest vdStraten sons were much older than JvdS
and that his youngest son also was older than JvdS

found this:
Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:12 am
arubagirl: van der Straaten youngest son, did not go to International school, he went to my schools, Mon Plaisir and Colegio Arubano.

(my blue)

AFAIK the august archives poofed: FP and forum

I have a lot of stuff saved, like the august 26 posts above ...
no links ... which wouldn't work anyway unless google cached them?

but the june 14 post above should be available in SM search

whiskey for my men/beer for my horses
finngirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2008, 03:37:35 AM »

but only if it came from the forum, not the FP

we don't have a FP search function, do we?

whiskey for my men/beer for my horses
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2008, 09:39:35 AM »

BT…Thanks and thanks to AG for her info as well…Sorry to put her on the spot again, but was really after info on the KABNAA office…LOL

I haven’t had time to revisit the previous discussions on the van der Straten topic or open the links from yesterday, but is it possible that Hans, Eefje and Gilliam are all one family? Would appreciate it if anyone has done research and has definite info on this. TIA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2008, 09:56:46 AM »

Probably not the same person but.......

GEERMAN, Marciano – Boat owner interviewed by ALE on 6-22-05

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/5717/5/

M. Geerman

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2008, 12:23:22 PM »

M. Geerman

Yikes so what is this? Another suicide? Not sure how this was alleged to have happened but I can see the deceased man on what looks to be the seat portion of an old car or truck laying out in front of the run down, closed country club. Looks like they have an electrode from an EKG (small round white patch) on his chest/abdomen, no rigor must have just died.........maybe an overdose.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2008, 12:30:45 PM »

Having JVDS for a time made them realize they were lacking..........

+++++++++++

Prison gets psychiatric department
7 Aug, 2008, 16:37 (GMT -04:00)

ORANJESTAD – The Correctional Facility of Aruba (KIA) will add two new departments in the near future. In about half a year the roof of the institution should facilitate a special open space for convicted chollers. Before that, possibly already next month, a new department will open for psychiatric prisoners.

According to the governor Emilio Geerman, these new developments will turn the KIA into a real correctional facility instead of a prison. “Everything is geared towards a reversion to society and to reduce the amount of repeat offenders.” By mid September he hopes to start working on ‘his psychiatric patients’ in the new individual support department. There prisoners with psychiatric problems will be dealt with on an individual basis. “It was one of the recommendations of the CPT (European Committee on the Prevention of Torture)”, says Geerman.
Several months later the drug-addicted prisoners will also receive separate counseling in an isolated area within the prison. By letting them have some fresh air on a separate terrain, contact with other prisoners, which could possibly supply them with drugs, is avoided. This development will take place in cooperation with external partners such as the Probation Service and the Ministry of Social Affairs
In the meantime the KIA is also working on decorating an ‘ educational wing’ for young adults, the jovo-department. There all prisoners between 20 and 23 years of age who never finished their education will now have the opportunity to follow a course. “Youngsters such as Dakota gang-members”, says Geerman. “They can for instance, become a plumber. When they leave prison they can use this degree to start working as a plumber aid and afterwards as an independent plumber.”
In light of the ‘action plan towards a correctional facility’, the library has also been taken under the loop. At first there were especially books available which were too difficult for the prisoners, the majority of which don’t even have a lower education, says Geerman. Now they’ll be books which are more accessible and easier. A big asset is furthermore also the contribution made by the oil refinery Valero, which donated twenty something computers.

Personnel Shortage
Due to a shortage in personnel, there are still a few departments within the KIA which remain closed. At the moment there are some 260 detainees, while there is space for about 400. In terms of capacity, the KIA is full with male prisoners. Now 96-99 percent of the ‘male’ cells are being utilized. The women’s ward, however, is only thirty percent full, and the youth section around sixty percent. Part of the cells are now also being reserved for youngsters under the age of sixteen since the Code of Criminal Procedure has been amended. “These 14-to 16 year olds cannot be locked up with the rest”, explains Geerman. 

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_45450.php

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2008, 12:54:04 PM »

but only if it came from the forum, not the FP

we don't have a FP search function, do we?

A Google search will usually bring up SM front page articles.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2008, 01:11:48 PM »

M. Geerman

Yikes so what is this? Another suicide? Not sure how this was alleged to have happened but I can see the deceased man on what looks to be the seat portion of an old car or truck laying out in front of the run down, closed country club. Looks like they have an electrode from an EKG (small round white patch) on his chest/abdomen, no rigor must have just died.........maybe an overdose.

I believe the the two Geermans are different.  The one that passed away was born in 1960 according to the newspaper article.   Marciano Geerman was born in 1965.

Marciano Geerman

http://www.morningstararuba.com/crew/crew.htm
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2008, 02:59:22 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »

Possibly natural causes?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2008, 05:16:16 PM »

I'd love to know what this is all about....

mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2008, 05:23:06 PM »

ar PM's disabled, or is it just me??

The state of the condition insults my intuition
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2008, 05:44:51 PM »

Good afternoon monkeys. AG has asked me to post the message below for her:

You guys are a bunch of stubborn monkeys! Smile

Gilliam van der Straaten is NOT in any shape, way or form related to Jan van der Straten, former Noord police commisioner of Aruba. He is most certainly NOT Jan van der Straten's son. I get it, okay? It makes the whole conspiracy theory juicier, but leave poor Gilliam alone, please? If you don't want to believe me, it's okay, but don't say you haven't been warned that you are wasting your time.

The boy on the picture is NOT a son of Van der Straten.

Van der Straten's youngest son is born in 1981 and was in the Netherlands in 2005 (although I know that won't deter you to keep looking for connections, but I thought I'd just put it out there), and was never friends with Joran. Again, he certainly did not go to the same schools as Joran. 

In case you're going in that direction, Jan van der Straten's oldest grandson was like, 5, in 2005. I'm just saying.

I Stand With The Girl
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2008, 05:46:36 PM »

ar PM's disabled, or is it just me??
They are disabled...no one has them as far as I know.

truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2008, 06:54:32 PM »

That building looks like Fishermna's Huts with doors.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.