May 28, 2024, 08:43:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #814 4/5/09 - 4/8/09  (Read 193701 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #760 on: April 08, 2009, 02:44:21 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Cageman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #761 on: April 08, 2009, 02:51:32 AM »

Some mathematic:

To calculate the hypotenusa (diagonal) L of a rectangular triangle with sides X and Y the general formula is:
L = Squareroot( X*X + Y*Y) or
L = Squareroot( Square(X) + Square(Y))
Which is indeed the Theorema of Pythagoras.

This is mathematically exactly the same as Johan writes: "The square of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides".
Square(L) = Square(X) + Square(Y).

In the special case when Y = X (equilateral triangle) one can calculate:
L = Squareroot( Square(X) + Square(Y)) and  Y = X          =>
L = Squareroot( Square(X) + Square(X))                         =>
L = Squareroot( 2*Square(X))                                       =>
L = Squareroot(2) * Squareroot(Square(X))                     =>
L = Squareroot(2) * X
This is what Klaasend means with  "To calculate the diagonal you multiply the length of one side of the square by the square root of 2."
Of course she meant triangle instead of square.

So both are right although I fancy the formula of Johan because the formula of Klaasend is only usable with equilateral triangles.
In the case of the cage we can assume a equilateral triangle, so both ways are usable. There is no mathematical disagreement.

Cageman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #762 on: April 08, 2009, 02:54:52 AM »

Well, I have to correct myself immediately: of course the diagonal of square can also be calculated with the formula of Klaasend. "To calculate the diagonal you multiply the length of one side of the square by the square root of 2". Not only a triangle. Excuse to Klaasend!!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #763 on: April 08, 2009, 03:03:05 AM »

Thank you for the information Cageman!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #764 on: April 08, 2009, 03:49:18 AM »

I Angie911, sure have missed you. So glad you are back with us. Our family is getting larger.

Let's kidnap ROBOTS and get him back again!

Janet, I am "mostly, mostly" thought was getting better but went back some, low grade fevers, part of my skull hurts from inside out and still sitting on info about the Donna Jou case that hasn't come out, is scarey and sad. Sad about the young girl in Tracy. I used to teach the 2nd and 3 grades.. children are great at that age. ))tear((

Love to all,

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #765 on: April 08, 2009, 03:52:21 AM »

The "H" went on Easter Vacation so should have been "Hi" Full moon come up. All by friends and close family have died on full moon. Think I''ll go drink some sweet iced tea to feel better.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #766 on: April 08, 2009, 05:55:47 AM »

None of you that believe it was NAH in the cage have given any proof to substantiate that.  Tim says it is a skull, Kyle says it is human remains, ALE are sneaky...none of that is proof.  Give me facts.  My computations show that the object in question could not be an adult cranium which would be 5 inches x 6 inches or larger without the mandible because analyzing the contents mathematically show the object is 3 to 4 inches.  Stop reacting to this emotionally and look at at practically.  Seeing is not always believing. 

I measured the back of my 5 foot tall, daughter's head.  It was just a little over 4 inches across and about 4 inches from top across the occipital extention (vertically).  Now, I believe adult head circumference is more related to genetics than height, but Natalee did not appear to have a broad head.  The "skull-like" picture appears to be on its side.  My measurements would not have ruled out someone my daughter's size.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #767 on: April 08, 2009, 05:56:28 AM »

Cageman...hope all is well for you and your family.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #768 on: April 08, 2009, 08:22:51 AM »

Cageman, I don't doubt Johan's calculations, just unable to see how a true and correct calculation can be made from a copy or a copy of a copy of a screen shot.

As I said yesterday - I would be more than thrilled to preform the CORRECT calculations using Kyle's ORIGINAL screen shot.

As WE all know Kyle made his calculations and arrived at the assumption that Natalee could fit in that block diagonally. We know he arrived at that conclusion because he super-imposed Natalee's last known photo over that trap floor.

Using a copy of a copy of a copy allows for unintended re-sizing unknown to Johan.

Hope you and your family are doing well and God is healing your wounds.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #769 on: April 08, 2009, 09:09:09 AM »

Natalee fans said...
Persistence, my darling, you have our American Flag onborad, and you stands on the firm foundation of Monroe Doctine long accepted by the South American States. Welcome our FBI watchdong onboard. Reject the wolves from the Dutch and Arubans. The whole world is watching you and protecting you while you are raising Natalee up from the ocean deep. God Bless America.
December 19, 2007 12:34:00 PM EST
Beware of the watchdongs. 

This one, to me, was made by someone Stateside.

Someone who knew Persistence was working with ALE (as they've said they felt they had to), and who knew they were NOT working with the FBI.

Someone who was trying to convince them not to trust ALE, and it looks like an FBI person was waiting in the wings to be aboard the Persistence.

Now - that was just my initial take on this comment, when I read it the other day.

I may be wrong, I may be grasping here.............but that's how it hit me.

The "you have our American flag onboard" really got to me............as Persistence was flying the Aruban flag in addition to the American flag.

I've been told by a boat man that is standard practice for entering a foreign port - but it still bugs me. 
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: April 08, 2009, 09:11:16 AM »

Lifesong,

Say all the posts are all false.

How did they still know what was going to be found in the trap before it was even located per Kyle?

Well, technically, they didn't.

The blue tarp by the fishermen's huts was common knowledge.

Missing shoes were common knowledge.

A missing knife was common knowledge.

That remains would be bones is common knowledge.

It could be RU-type trolls.

But no one knew Dateline was on board at that time, did they?

I really don't remember hearing about them having been there until shortly before their special aired.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #771 on: April 08, 2009, 09:19:38 AM »

Lifesong,

Say all the posts are all false.

How did they still know what was going to be found in the trap before it was even located per Kyle?

Well, technically, they didn't.

The blue tarp by the fishermen's huts was common knowledge.

Missing shoes were common knowledge.

A missing knife was common knowledge.

That remains would be bones is common knowledge.

It could be RU-type trolls.

But no one knew Dateline was on board at that time, did they?

I really don't remember hearing about them having been there until shortly before their special aired.

I do remember that Dateline was aboard before Christmas. I also recall PrivateEye commentining that "Dateline" had experience with "perserving" ocean dives (like the Titanic). That said, the whole posts before Christmas are eery and certainly don't match Kyle's timeline.

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #772 on: April 08, 2009, 09:33:44 AM »

Thanks wreck!  I really don't remember hearing about them being there until after they were gone.

But if you remember it, I certainly believe you.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: April 08, 2009, 09:40:27 AM »

Wreck - here is private eye's first post about Dateline............note the use of the words "will have"

December 30, 2007

They will have dateline onboard and I understand that they were involved in the Titantic so I assume they have the expertise to preserve any remains or artifacts and have a protocol. They can always find and locate it, call for assistance and then retrieve it. But that is my fear that they imediately turn it over to Aruba where her remains can become that of a large crab:)
----------------

I'm going to search now for any public mention of Dateline prior to this.........because now this is bugging me! 
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #774 on: April 08, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »

Thanks wreck!  I really don't remember hearing about them being there until after they were gone.

Good Morning, all.
Jen,
I am not sure when it was, but early on, Legally Lex posted at BFN that Dateline would
be on the ship.  That was the first that I heard of it.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: April 08, 2009, 09:56:25 AM »

Good Morning, all.
Jen,
I am not sure when it was, but early on, Legally Lex posted at BFN that Dateline would
be on the ship.  That was the first that I heard of it.

Thanks Magnolia!

I just checked thru my saved posts of hers:

Reply #513 on: December 20, 2007, 07:35:17 AM »   

Good morning everyone! Uma asked a question about Dateline NBC yesterday and I did not know the answer.  I talked to John this morning and he said they are doing a story on this.  I hope that answers your question.

In any event, John said that the equipment is doing a great job!  I would ask that everyone continue to keep updated by checking out oceanexplorer Kyle's blog.  He writes daily with the updated information.

In the meantime, someone on here gave a site that showed the missing people in Aruba. I am having a hard time locating it again.  Can someone provide me with the site again.  I would appreciate it very much. 

Thank you so much for the continued prayers! Have a good day!
-----------------

So the earliest it was mentioned at BFN would have been Dec 19th?

Now I need to go back thru those comments and find the earliest date it was mentioned at Michelle's site.

I'm coming up short on publicly available info regarding this prior to its airing.....
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: April 08, 2009, 10:09:33 AM »

Here is the first time it is mentioned at Michelle's blog:

NBC friends said...

A good turn for the better. NBC is filming Persistence. FOX is no longer foxy. Greta is tarred.

December 20, 2007 1:13:00 PM EST
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #777 on: April 08, 2009, 10:15:47 AM »

If anyone can find a public mention of Dateline NBC anywhere prior to Dec 20th, I would appreciate it.

I can't find a single thing.....

So, at this point, we have it's first mention at BFN, a private board, on December 19 2007 by "uma puma", a member there.

Does anyone know anything about this member?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: April 08, 2009, 10:31:28 AM »

Jen,
Search is not my friend at SM but there was a Front Page article about the search about as soon as it was announced.  Not sure how you would find it, however.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: April 08, 2009, 10:44:31 AM »

Jen,
Search is not my friend at SM but there was a Front Page article about the search about as soon as it was announced.  Not sure how you would find it, however.

Thans Anna.

I looked, and the archives on the front page don't go back past 2008. 

So I don't know how to go about finding it either...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.