June 01, 2024, 06:34:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT: 21 Month Old Lonzie Barton Missing Since 7/24/15 in Jacksonville,FL  (Read 109837 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2015, 08:10:33 PM »

Interview of the woman who gave lonna a ride home from work the night Lonzie went"missing"

https://twitter.com/WJXTvic

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonna-bartons-coworker-talks-about-night-lonzie-disappeared/34808628

Lonna Barton's coworker talks about night Lonzie disappeared

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

The morning 21-month-old Lonzie Barton was reported missing, the mother's co-worker gave her a ride back to the Old Kings Road apartment, which was crawling with police in the early hours of what would be come a massive search.

"I had a bad feeling as soon as (Lonna Barton) got in my car, which is really weird for me," Kristina Rivera said.

"(Barton) told me that her boyfriend had called and he didn't want to wake up the kids (and) to see if she could find a ride," Rivera said. "So when she asked and she gave me that scenario, I thought I was doing a good deed. So I gave her the ride."

Rivera said at that time, about 2:30 a.m. July 24, she had no idea anything was wrong. She said Lonna Barton was texting on the drive home. then she asked to be dropped off at a different apartment complex.

"She was like, 'Can you do me one more favor?' And I am, 'Like what?' And she says, 'Can you take me to this girl's house because she owes me some money? So I need to go over there and get it.' And I am like, 'Fine. I just want you out of my car at this point.' I didn't even have a good feeling then."

That's when the officer questioned Lonna Barton.

Rivera explains what happened: "The officer says, 'Well, this might be your kid. Are you a dancer?' And she said no. She said no! And he said, 'Well do you have a 2-year-old?' And she said yes. And he said, 'Do you have a black boyfriend?' And she said no. He said you don't have a black boyfriend?' And she said,'No.' He said, 'OK, so what is your boyfriend's name?' And it took her, I want to say a good 30 seconds to even think of a name. This is how you know she was just lying.  She said 'Jake. He is white.'"

"We pulled into her apartment complex and I saw the police. There were probably a good six or seven cars there. And I said, 'Is at your apartment?' And she said, 'Yeah. but just go to the left.' And I was like, 'No. I am not going to do that. I am going to take you to your house.'"

Rivera, who has a 3-year-old son, says Barton's behavior was very odd for a mother who was told her child was missing.

"You got confirmation that it was your kid, you see the police outside your house, you see Ruben outside of the house, now you know and you are just completely emotionless? Not crying, not hysterical, not screaming at Ruben, 'Where is my kid?'"

"There's not a doubt in my mind that (Lonna Barton) doesn't know exactly where her baby is," Rivera said. "I don't understand that. Everybody deserves a proper burial. To think about a kid just being out there somewhere."

Rivera doesn't believe Lonzie is alive.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2015, 03:43:26 AM »

Unfortunatly, I don't either.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2015, 11:13:59 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/custody-hearing-held-for-lonzie-bartons-sister/34822372

Custody hearing held for Lonzie Barton's sister
Mother, Lonna Barton, in jail on charges of child neglect, lying to police

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

With Lonna Barton, the mother of missing 21-month-old Lonzie Barton, in jail on charges of child neglect and lying to police, a custody hearing was held Thursday morning for her 5-year-old daughter.

The girl, who is set to begin kindergarten on Monday in Baker County, remains in the custody of her grandmother, where she has been for several months.

The grandmother told the judge Thursday that she worked in the Baker County school system for over 20 years.

At Thursday's hearing, Duval County family court Judge David Gooding set a case planning conference for the custody case. He said the conference will allow Lonna Barton and her attorney to sit down with her estranged husband Chris Barton and his attorney and the Department of Children and Families to come up with a custody agreement for their daughter.

The conference was set for 11:30 a.m. Sept. 16.

In the meantime, Lonna Barton remains in jail awaiting her arraignment on Sept. 9. She is being held on $50,006 bond.

Karma Is Coming

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2015, 08:31:21 PM »

Interview of the woman who gave lonna a ride home from work the night Lonzie went"missing"

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonna-bartons-coworker-talks-about-night-lonzie-disappeared/34808628

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

The morning 21-month-old Lonzie Barton was reported missing, the mother's co-worker gave her a ride back to the Old Kings Road apartment, which was crawling with police in the early hours of what would be come a massive search.

"I had a bad feeling as soon as (Lonna Barton) got in my car, which is really weird for me," Kristina Rivera said.

"(Barton) told me that her boyfriend had called and he didn't want to wake up the kids (and) to see if she could find a ride," Rivera said. "So when she asked and she gave me that scenario, I thought I was doing a good deed. So I gave her the ride."

Rivera said at that time, about 2:30 a.m. July 24, she had no idea anything was wrong. She said Lonna Barton was texting on the drive home. then she asked to be dropped off at a different apartment complex.

"She was like, 'Can you do me one more favor?' And I am, 'Like what?' And she says, 'Can you take me to this girl's house because she owes me some money? So I need to go over there and get it.' And I am like, 'Fine. I just want you out of my car at this point.' I didn't even have a good feeling then."

Rivera explains what happened: "The officer says, 'Well, this might be your kid. Are you a dancer?' And she said no. She said no! And he said, 'Well do you have a 2-year-old?' And she said yes. And he said, 'Do you have a black boyfriend?' And she said no. He said you don't have a black boyfriend?' And she said,'No.' He said, 'OK, so what is your boyfriend's name?' And it took her, I want to say a good 30 seconds to even think of a name. This is how you know she was just lying.  She said 'Jake. He is white.'"

"We pulled into her apartment complex and I saw the police. There were probably a good six or seven cars there. And I said, 'Is at your apartment?' And she said, 'Yeah. but just go to the left.' And I was like, 'No. I am not going to do that. I am going to take you to your house.'"

Rivera, who has a 3-year-old son, says Barton's behavior was very odd for a mother who was told her child was missing.

"You got confirmation that it was your kid, you see the police outside your house, you see Ruben outside of the house, now you know and you are just completely emotionless? Not crying, not hysterical, not screaming at Ruben, 'Where is my kid?'"

"There's not a doubt in my mind that (Lonna Barton) doesn't know exactly where her baby is," Rivera said. "I don't understand that. Everybody deserves a proper burial. To think about a kid just being out there somewhere."

I watched the interview last night.  I've read so many FB comments about her ride home that night, it was good to hear the story first hand.  I'll never understand people like this.  The more I learn about this case, the sicker I feel.  Poor little Lonzie, and his sister too.  Maybe at least she'll be safe now.  But I don't know, not sure what's going on with her.  In one of the article's above it says she's been living with her grandmother for months?  

I'm just so afraid they'll never find little Lonzie's body, I don't believe he's alive either.  

JMO

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:34:53 PM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2015, 08:56:12 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/new-documents-show-scope-of-lonzie-search/34836660

New documents show scope of Lonzie search

Published On: Aug 20 2015 11:50:08 PM EDT   Updated On: Aug 21 2015 12:05:00 AM EDT

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

Friday marks four weeks since 21-month-old Lonzie Barton disappeared and new documents that were just released give an in-depth look at how the police response unfolded, early that morning.

The report is about 50 pages long outlining everything that happened the night of July 24, beginning at 2:20 that morning, when Ruben Ebron made a call to 911 saying Lonzie was missing from the Ravenwood apartments.

"This is just one night, and a lot of resources were used," News4Jax crime and safety analyst Gil Smith said. "I remember that morning, every detective in the sheriff's office stopped their work and they were on the scene trying to locate Lonzie."

With hope that Lonzie could be found, more and more officers were dispatched, their names listed on the reports.

Along with the the first, “Be On the Lookout,” for Ebron's car, issued less than 10 minutes after the call, to the first contact made with Lonzie's mother and the discovery of Ebron's car less than a mile from the apartment complex about an hour later, police intensified their massive search efforts.

At 6:04 a.m., four hours after Lonzie disappeared, the first command post was established. Twenty minutes later, neighbors in the area started receiving reverse 911 calls, telling them there was a missing boy.

Over the next six hours, more JSO detectives were brought in and teams began searching ditches and dumpsters.

Around 1:24 p.m. that afternoon, K-9 units responded to the Command Center and an hour later, teams were dispatched to go door to door.

The searching continued and according to the reports, by 3:53 p.m., police officials said all overtime was automatically approved.

Smith said that it is rare to bring in so many resources for something that isn’t a natural disaster but the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office wanted to do everything they could to find the missing boy.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2015, 09:01:04 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/custody-hearing-held-for-lonzie-bartons-sister/34822372

Custody hearing held for Lonzie Barton's sister
Mother, Lonna Barton, in jail on charges of child neglect, lying to police

Published On: Aug 20 2015 11:37:17 AM EDT   Updated On: Aug 21 2015 12:13:23 AM EDT

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

A custody hearing was held Thursday morning for Lonna Barton's 5-year-old daughter, while Barton remains in jail on charges of child neglect and lying to police.

The girl remains in the custody of her grandmother, where she has been for several weeks after Lonzie's disappearance. Duval County family court Judge David Gooding appointed a guardian ad litem to represent the girl's interests. The guardian is part of a state group assigned to help children in court cases.

News4Jax is not naming the little girl, who was at the courthouse for the hearing. During the hearing, the judge was told that the girl has been seeing a therapist to help with the trauma she has endured.

"I really need the therapist's recommendations," Gooding said. "My note to myself was to talk about what sort of trauma intervention (the child) is receiving. What are we doing to help her?"

The girl is set to begin kindergarten on Monday in Baker County. Her grandmother, Debra Lauramore, told the judge that she worked in the Baker County school system for over 20 years and is prepared to help the child start school.

"Thank you for being there. It's so important that children, when they do get removed from their biological parents, that they have someone that is familiar," Gooding said to Lauramore. "The government is a poor substitute for a parent. Children need arms to hold them, ears to listen to them and a heart that loves them. The government has none of those things. So we're always glad to get children with a relative for the sake of the child."

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2015, 09:04:49 AM »

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

Rivera explains what happened: "The officer says, 'Well, this might be your kid. Are you a dancer?' And she said no. She said no! And he said, 'Well do you have a 2-year-old?' And she said yes. And he said, 'Do you have a black boyfriend?' And she said no. He said you don't have a black boyfriend?' And she said,'No.' He said, 'OK, so what is your boyfriend's name?' And it took her, I want to say a good 30 seconds to even think of a name. This is how you know she was just lying.  She said 'Jake. He is white.'"

I watched the interview last night.  I've read so many FB comments about her ride home that night, it was good to hear the story first hand.  I'll never understand people like this.  The more I learn about this case, the sicker I feel.  Poor little Lonzie, and his sister too.  Maybe at least she'll be safe now.  But I don't know, not sure what's going on with her.  In one of the article's above it says she's been living with her grandmother for months?  

I'm just so afraid they'll never find little Lonzie's body, I don't believe he's alive either.  

JMO

I agree,I feel so bad for this little girl.I'm glad she is getting the help she needs.Looks like they changed the wording in this article from little girl living with Gramma for a few months to living with Gramma for a few weeks after little Lonzie went"missing".
Sadly,I too don't believe he is alive.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2015, 10:13:24 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/jso-lonzie-barton-injured-disappearance/nnMhj/

Hmmmm.....in this video does lonna look pregnant?She does to me....hope not,I hope its just fat or the sweat jacket.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2015, 10:22:28 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/volunteers-plan-private-search-lonzie-barton-satur/nnPKS/

Updated: 9:02 p.m. Friday, Aug. 21, 2015 | Posted: 6:05 p.m. Friday, Aug. 21, 2015

Volunteers plan private search for Lonzie Barton Saturday

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. —

David and Brittany Pembleton spent part of their afternoon speaking with shrimpers in Mayport.

They told them about Lonzie Barton and how they need their help finding him.

It's been nearly one month since the toddler was reported missing by his mother's boyfriend, Ruben Ebron. Ebron and Lonzie's mother, Lonna Lauramore, are now incarcerated, both charged with lying to police.

"I plan on going to a bunch more marinas. We are not looking for just these type of boats either. We are looking for people who have fishing boats, john boats, any kind of boat that's got sonar even canoes and kayaks," said David Pembleton.

The Pembletons, along with Daniel Pressley, have already organized several private searches for Lonzie.

Karma Is Coming

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2015, 01:25:43 PM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/jso-lonzie-barton-injured-disappearance/nnMhj/

Hmmmm.....in this video does lonna look pregnant?She does to me....hope not,I hope its just fat or the sweat jacket.

Wouldn't that just top the cake?  I hope she's not, for the poor child's sake.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2015, 02:39:38 PM »

Wouldn't that just top the cake?  I hope she's not, for the poor child's sake.

That would top the cake!
What a witchy so called Mom.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2015, 08:07:06 AM »

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2015-08-22/story/one-month-later-still-searching-lonzie-barton-not-silence

One month later: Still searching for Lonzie Barton, but not in silence

Sat, Aug 22, 2015 @ 8:38 pm | updated Sat, Aug 22, 2015 @ 9:04 pm

The black car with dark rims and tinted windows rolled up to the woman.

Just feet from a baby seat plunked in the rear of the car, the driver and woman cut a deal as they drove along Jacksonville’s sleepy and dark streets: For $20, William Ruben Ebron could have sex with the 28-year-old.

Up against the Dodge Charger and just outside a barbecue joint, the deed was done, the deal completed.

Or so the woman — a crack addict and prostitute — thought.

“I’ll hit you so hard with the gun,” Ebron lashed out as he demanded his $20 back from the woman.

With money in hand, he raced away.

“He put a gun in my face,” the woman told police.

Thirty minutes later, police arrested Ebron.

The gun, according to arrest reports released late last week, was loaded and reported stolen.

Over the next 5½ years, trouble followed Ebron — the son of a career Navy man and nurse — though none as serious as the prospect that Ebron faces should more information and the body of 21-month-old Lonzie Barton surface.

Sunday marks one month since Lonzie was last seen alive.

Still, the stories that Lauramore Barton’s acquaintances share as well as a just-released batch of old police records from the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, paint the clearest picture to date of Lauramore Barton and Ebron.

“She would cry for Ruben [Ebron] before she would cry for her baby,” said Brittany Pembelton, who grew up with Lauramore Barton.

Lauramore Barton and Ebron met at the gentlemen’s club, Wacko’s, where Lauramore Barton became a stripper many months ago. Dancers say it was in the VIP room, a private room presumably used for private dances, where their lives became linked just a few months ago.

At about 5 a.m. one day in early August, Pembelton found the chance when the two went for a car ride and she began recording their conversation.

Lauramore Barton is heard rambling on about drugs. The conversation turns to Lonzie and Ebron. Lauramore Barton says she doesn’t think Ebron is cruel enough to stuff Lonzie in a refrigerator or throw him into the river.

She showed no signs of sadness, said Pembelton.

“She was grinning,” she said.

When asked about searching for her son, Lauramore Barton told Pembelton that she walked in a wooded area with a bottle of Fireball, a cinnamon-flavored whiskey, back-tracking roads but not really looking for Lonzie. She went on to say she woke up on a couch with no clear understanding of what happened.

“Got my mind off it,” she said.

On the tape, she mocked Jacksonville police, spoke of her love of Ebron and the power she and her body had over her husband, Chris Barton.

Lauramore Barton isn’t the only one with a sense of power over other people.

There’s also Ebron.

To women, the good-looking man seems both an attraction and a danger, police reports show.

In July, a former girlfriend, a woman he has three children with, accused him of rape.

Like Lauramore Barton, the woman was a stripper at Wacko’s and also has Ebron’s middle name tattooed on her skin.

Karma Is Coming

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2015, 08:26:03 AM »

Thank You KarmaRoundUp & TexasMom for all the up dates.

I will never understand people like these two. I don't think they will ever find little Lonzie's body. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2015, 08:29:47 AM »

I will never understand people like these two. I don't think they will ever find little Lonzie's body. 
You're welcome GreenEyes
They boggle my mind too but I doubt they are masterminds.All of this going on in a drug induced haze,I'm thinking for sure they'll find little Lonzie.

Karma Is Coming

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2015, 09:38:28 AM »

You're welcome GreenEyes
They boggle my mind too but I doubt they are masterminds.All of this going on in a drug induced haze,I'm thinking for sure they'll find little Lonzie.

I hope you are right KarmaRoundUp and they find little Lonzie. I don't think they are all that smart either. I hope the sister has a better life.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2015, 09:42:47 AM »

Thanks KarmaRoundUp, interesting article.

I didn't know his mother is/was a nurse.  That opens up a whole new can of questions in my mind...   

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2015-08-22/story/one-month-later-still-searching-lonzie-barton-not-silence

Over the next 5½ years, trouble followed Ebron — the son of a career Navy man and nurse — though none as serious as the prospect that Ebron faces should more information and the body of 21-month-old Lonzie Barton surface.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2015, 10:12:27 AM »

I didn't know his mother is/was a nurse.  That opens up a whole new can of questions in my mind...   

Yeah,ruben's mom is a nurse.They had an article a while back about how the mom(nurse)told ruben and exbaby mama to take one of the 3 children they have together,to the doctors because the 6 month old baby had a bruise on his/her buttocks.I think the exbaby mama lives with ruben's mom and dad.Not sure though.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2015, 10:16:59 AM »

Yeah,ruben's mom is a nurse.They had an article a while back about how the mom(nurse)told ruben and exbaby mama to take one of the 3 children they have together,to the doctors because the 6 month old baby had a bruise on his/her buttocks.I think the exbaby mama lives with ruben's mom and dad.Not sure though.
Sorry,also meant to say that lonna and even ruben himself(he was supposed to be babysitting that day)could have taken Lonzie to his mom's to get her opinion on Lonzie's condition.Who knows....maybe he did take Lonzie to her?I know at least one of the 1st searches were around ruben's parent's home.   

Karma Is Coming

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2015, 05:02:28 PM »

Sorry,also meant to say that lonna and even ruben himself(he was supposed to be babysitting that day)could have taken Lonzie to his mom's to get her opinion on Lonzie's condition.Who knows....maybe he did take Lonzie to her?I know at least one of the 1st searches were around ruben's parent's home.   

I know...makes you wonder.   

Especially considering her behavior during questioning, and her comments in the media afterwards.

Has it been said anywhere who took Lonzie to the doctor for bruises in June?

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2015-08-19/story/history-lies-baffling-judge-sets-50000-bail-missing-toddler-lonzies

In June other family members took Lonzie to a doctor because he had bruises over his body. Ebron told Lauramore Barton her son was pushed down by the boy’s 5-year-old sister, according to the report.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2015, 08:34:10 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/police-area-concern-found-lonzie-barton-search/nnP5T/

Updated: 8:13 a.m. Monday, Aug. 24, 2015 | Posted: 4:52 a.m. Monday, Aug. 24, 2015

Police: 'Area of concern' found in Lonzie Barton search

DUVAL COUNTY, Fla. —

Investigators are at a Jacksonville park where a discovery may have been made during the search for missing 21-month-old Lonzie Barton.

Lonzie was reported missing one month ago.

A private search team on Sunday was in the area near Cuba Hunter Park off Bedford Road, which is a few hundred yards from Emerson Street. Volunteers who were conducting a private search for Lonzie claimed to have found two angel figurines holding babies on a small mound of dirt in the wooded area.

Volunteers notified police after the discovery. The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office has blocked off the entire park so the public doesn't disturb potential evidence.

Officials said it is an area of concern, but they are waiting until daybreak to investigate.

"They decided to go through here and over here, and it looks like a grave with two angels that were placed on it. It's a perfect little mound. It's covered with pine needles it looks like it could be the size of a baby," said volunteer David Pembelton.

"We can’t go into details of what we have back there," said Boucher. "We have an area of concern that we’re going to hold until the morning time until our crime scene detectives come out and be able to determine what we have in the morning time."

Karma Is Coming

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.