May 14, 2024, 11:10:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #4 8/29 - 9/06/2007  (Read 188002 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: September 06, 2007, 12:15:12 PM »

Yapperz - I see you and Sunny are lurking.  Sunny just emailed me this response she got from that hijacker of your email.  You might want to copy the info and send on to Yahoo for their investigation:

Hey,
   How are you doing and how is every thing with you,well Thanks very much for your concern and i am so Glad to hear from you.I'd like to call but Due to what happend at the Hotel that's why the hotel telephone service is dissconnected,so i have only access to emails,my mobile phone can't work over here so i didnt bring it along.I had some problem over here just like the previouse mail i send to you that i was robbed at a hotel where i lodge in Canada and they took away all my money from me.why i contacted you is to get some money from you to pay for my hotel bill which i was owing and i promise to pay you the money back as soon as i get back home,ok.so here is the information where you will send the money to:
Name:Sandra Ruck
City:Winnipeg
Zip Code:R2P-0A2
She is the Hotel manager that will help me to get the money from the bank,ok.as soon as you send the money,get back to me with informations so that i can give it to her to get the money for me so that i can be able to pay the hotel bills and get back home fast.
Thanks very much for the understanding.

thanks Klaas...if yap needs the original email i will send it to her if someone tells me how??

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: September 06, 2007, 12:16:11 PM »

Wow. Quiet morning today.

Howdy, Monkeys!

Good Moring Dugga and anyone else here!!  Klaas...angie...Muffy??

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #962 on: September 06, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »

Shocked  OMG.. Unreal.... 

Afternoon folks..

Not sticking around long.. gotta go to work soon. and have double shifts the next few days.. Rolling Eyes

Hi Angie...those doubles HURT! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: September 06, 2007, 12:19:01 PM »

Thanks Sunny & Klaas. I am forwarding all to yahoo security. I can get the header info for them. Got to take hubby to dr. BBL. Have a good day all.

I am so sorry you are going thru this...I hope they can be caught!! Have a good day and get a good report from the doc for your hubby.

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #964 on: September 06, 2007, 12:19:56 PM »

Yapperz - I see you and Sunny are lurking.  Sunny just emailed me this response she got from that hijacker of your email.  You might want to copy the info and send on to Yahoo for their investigation:

Hey,
   How are you doing and how is every thing with you,well Thanks very much for your concern and i am so Glad to hear from you.I'd like to call but Due to what happend at the Hotel that's why the hotel telephone service is dissconnected,so i have only access to emails,my mobile phone can't work over here so i didnt bring it along.I had some problem over here just like the previouse mail i send to you that i was robbed at a hotel where i lodge in Canada and they took away all my money from me.why i contacted you is to get some money from you to pay for my hotel bill which i was owing and i promise to pay you the money back as soon as i get back home,ok.so here is the information where you will send the money to:
Name:Sandra Ruck
City:Winnipeg
Zip Code:R2P-0A2
She is the Hotel manager that will help me to get the money from the bank,ok.as soon as you send the money,get back to me with informations so that i can give it to her to get the money for me so that i can be able to pay the hotel bills and get back home fast.
Thanks very much for the understanding.

thanks Klaas...if yap needs the original email i will send it to her if someone tells me how??

It most likely has the same headers that the other one she has already received. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: September 06, 2007, 12:20:40 PM »

Have a good day everyone.

Sad news about Lucio  and the  MCann family.. Dont look good for them either.  Sad

I saw Pav about 10 years ago.....what an amazing gift he had...a great loss...I am reserving any opinion on the McMann family for now

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: September 06, 2007, 12:22:26 PM »

It most likely has the same headers that the other one she has already received. 

Okey Dokey

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: September 06, 2007, 12:25:34 PM »

I am sure there are some country music fans here Laughing I am a fan of Tim Graw and Faith Hill (among other artists.....Garth Brooks being my fav-fav) and I loved seeing her call out an audience member who grabbed Tim's crotch during a concert....YOU GO FAITH!!!  What nerve!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: September 06, 2007, 12:26:55 PM »

I am sure there are some country music fans here Laughing I am a fan of Tim Graw and Faith Hill (among other artists.....Garth Brooks being my fav-fav) and I loved seeing her call out an audience member who grabbed Tim's crotch during a concert....YOU GO FAITH!!!  What nerve!!!

ooopsss that's Tim McGraw...my fingers are not working well this AM

Rest in Peace Caylee

Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #969 on: September 06, 2007, 01:26:38 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295917,00.html

Apple iPhone Owners Outraged by Huge Price Cut
Thursday , September 06, 2007

By Paul Wagenseil

Apple iPhone owners, to put it mildly, are ticked off.

The unveiling of Apple's completely revamped iPod line Wednesday in San Francisco was overshadowed by a detail head honcho Steve Jobs tossed off almost as an aside: Less than 10 weeks after the much-ballyhooed combination cell phone/media player/Web surfer went on sale, its price was cut by $200.

That means early adopters who rushed to get the devices despite the high prices paid a premium of at least $20 for every extra week they could say they had the summer's hot new gadget.

"I feel like I just got punched in the face," said one commenter on the MacRumors blog. "Fanboy tax indeed."

The 8-gigabyte iPhone, once $599, was cut to $399. The 4-gigabyte model, formerly $499, was discontinued, and will sell for $299 until stocks are gone.

• Click here for FOXNews.com's Personal Technology Center.

"People who bought the iPhone weeks or months ago must really be annoyed," said Tim Beyers, an analyst at The Motley Fool research and investment group. "They might think twice about being the first to buy future Apple products. This smacks a little of desperation, and it's very unlike Apple."

Wall Street seemed to feel the same way. Apple stock dropped more than 5 percent after the price cut was announced, closing at $136.76, down $7.40. In extended trading, the share price fell another $1.01.

Jobs said Wednesday that Apple was on pace to sell 1 million iPhones in the United States by the end of September. The drastic price cut made that number even more attainable.

Analysts said quick discounts are typical for the cell-phone industry, if not the computer industry. The world's best-selling cell phone, the Motorola Razr, for instance, debuted at $499 but now can be had for less than $100.

"This is about Apple learning how to become a cell-phone retailer," said Jeff Kagan, an independent telecommunications industry analyst based in Atlanta. "All of a sudden it's in the cell-phone business, and everyone is trying to figure out how to measure it, and we don't know yet."

That didn't do much to alleviate the chagrin of iPhone buyers, however.

"I realize this is not their problem: I agreed to the original price — it's my fault," said 32-year-old Ryan Roth of New York, who plunked down $599 for his first iPhone — his first cell phone ever — mere hours before Jobs' speech Thursday. "It just kinda sucks."

Roth, however, is one of the lucky ones, having bought his iPhone within the past two weeks.

Apple spokeswoman Natalie Kerris said anyone who purchased an iPhone within the past 14 days and has the receipt can get a full refund under Apple's return policy if they haven't opened the product. If they have opened it, they still can get a refund of the price difference.

Outside that window, though, tough luck.

"I am on DAY 15!!!" lamented a commenter on the Engadget tech blog. "I might shoot myself in the face ... it was nice knowing you all."

Also sinking in was the realization that many of the most impressive features of the iPhone — the finger-activated touchscreen, the full-fledged Web browser, automatic screen-orientation and brightness adjustment — were now also available on the iPod Touch.

"The iPhone isn't Apple's golden child, the iPod is. Even Steve said that the iPhone is the third priority after the iPod," said another Engadget poster. "The iPod touch is THE touch screen device. The multi touch thing was initially destined for the iPod but Apple are very smart."

Of course, on the Internet, there was no shortage of Schadenfreude to go around.

"Suck it up — you wanted to be the coolest kid on the block and you were for a few weeks," gloated one poster to the Gizmodo tech blog. "Isn't that worth at least $200?"

Another saw the practical aspects of the price cut.

"Maybe I'll get an iPhone and an iPod Classic," said the wise guy, "for about the same price people paid for the iPhone two days ago."

I have to say this whole thing cracks me up.

I don't hate Mac computers like I used to. In fact, they're pretty cool little machines. But the whole "Cult of Apple" thing is something I can't handle, so anytime anything like this happens to Mac-heads, I just laugh and laugh and laugh. I point fingers and say "ha ha, you deserve it."

Steve Jobs could fart and those kool-aid drinkers would whiff it up and say it smelled like roses.

Sorry, I don't typically rejoice in other people's misfortune, but if you're going to be brainwashed like that, you'd better expect to get shafted now and then.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: September 06, 2007, 01:47:01 PM »

I need to run out for a bit.  I've unlocked the new thread just in case I don't get back in time to switch threads.  Just letting you know this thread may go beyond 51 if one of the other mods or admins don't lock it.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #971 on: September 06, 2007, 01:48:09 PM »

What are we havin' for lunch today?     I just love that little smiley.  Reminds me of when my youngest son was still in a high chair.  He would sit there and bang his little fists on his tray and say "Eat. Eat.  Eat."  Quite the little man.  Except when he stuffed scrambled eggs in his ears and we had to go get them cleaned out.  Or the time Dad peeled and cut up some apple for him and left the paring knife on the tray...   But that isn't as bad as my neighbor, who left her DH watching their son while she went to the doctor, and when she came back, she found DH was letting their 18 month old play with a plastic bag. Shocked 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: September 06, 2007, 01:57:12 PM »

Muffy,
My youngest had a feather collection and once I left him in the care of both his father and grandfather for a couple of hours when he was about 5 yo.  When I returned the two parakeets had no tail feathers but son's feather collection had grown considerably.

Parakeets were in sun room right off where the father and grandfather were watching a Braves game.  You don't suppose they squawked or anything?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: September 06, 2007, 02:02:53 PM »

Muffy,
My youngest had a feather collection and once I left him in the care of both his father and grandfather for a couple of hours when he was about 5 yo.  When I returned the two parakeets had no tail feathers but son's feather collection had grown considerably.

Parakeets were in sun room right off where the father and grandfather were watching a Braves game.  You don't suppose they squawked or anything?

Oh Anna!  That's quite a story. No tail feathers eh?  When my youngest son was about 3 1/2, I found him on my bed with a pair of manicure scissors and a cat named Bandit with very short whiskers on one side of it's face.    I asked son why he cut the cat's whiskers (I know, dumb question...)and he said the whiskers were too long.  Poor Bandit.  cat He walked around after that and kind of shake his head.  I wondered if I should have trimmed the other side to even them up? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: September 06, 2007, 02:09:48 PM »

Now that you mention cat whiskers, I caught this same son once trying to re-insert a few like sticking pins in a pin cushion when he was even younger.

I wondered at the time why the cat put up with that!  Same cat wouldn't even let me bathe it at all so I was amazed he just let the kid pull out a few whiskers.  And evidently son thought they could be put back at will with no problems at all.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #975 on: September 06, 2007, 02:16:34 PM »

Now that you mention cat whiskers, I caught this same son once trying to re-insert a few like sticking pins in a pin cushion when he was even younger.

I wondered at the time why the cat put up with that!  Same cat wouldn't even let me bathe it at all so I was amazed he just let the kid pull out a few whiskers.  And evidently son thought they could be put back at will with no problems at all.

Oh well I don't know why cat's put up with what they do at times.  Same son, same cat:  He had the little red and blue rings from his ring toss game and had one red and one blue one over the cats ears at an angle.  The cat just laid there with it's paws under it's chest.  Not a care in the world... Rolling Eyes

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #976 on: September 06, 2007, 02:18:26 PM »

Muffy, I love your new avatar!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: September 06, 2007, 02:22:14 PM »

Muffy, I love your new avatar!

Thank you Puzzler.   And I think your Snoopy is adorable.   Mr. Green

Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #978 on: September 06, 2007, 02:41:10 PM »

I would try to do the honors of locking the thread, but I don't have the cool tinkerbell image.

Oh wait, I think I can steal it from elsewhere!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: September 06, 2007, 02:44:32 PM »

I would try to do the honors of locking the thread, but I don't have the cool tinkerbell image.

Oh wait, I think I can steal it from elsewhere!

Laughing Laughing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.