May 28, 2024, 04:33:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #4 8/29 - 9/06/2007  (Read 188878 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #940 on: September 05, 2007, 10:42:03 PM »

Anna - LOLOL  Laughing

I guess they finally realized that I am a rich woman trapped in a poor woman's body... I haven't gotten any of these emails!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #941 on: September 05, 2007, 10:54:13 PM »

I recently was one of the finalists in a Coca Cola contest. The prize was about 300K. I was to keep it a secret and send them a whole bunch of information about myself.
Well, I procrastinated ( so me ) and I can never keep a secret ( also so me ) so I guess I have to go to work again tomorrow ( also so me ).
Hiya and byeya ! ! Me all tuckered out ! ! 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: September 05, 2007, 11:10:57 PM »

Anna - LOLOL  Laughing

I guess they finally realized that I am a rich woman trapped in a poor woman's body... I haven't gotten any of these emails!

I get them every day.  Today I also won a new BMW from a drawing in the UK!  I think half my email is scams some days.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #943 on: September 05, 2007, 11:13:04 PM »

Anna - LOLOL  Laughing

I get them every day.  Today I also won a new BMW from a drawing in the UK!  I think half my email is scams some days.

I don't look at my spam emails though... but it's ok... I like not getting spammy stuff...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: September 05, 2007, 11:16:19 PM »

Mrs Red,
That's prolly where your scams are, in your spam folder.  I did something that messed up my spam filter and now get all of my mail so if your spam filter is working, it should sort most of them out.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #945 on: September 05, 2007, 11:16:23 PM »

good nite y'all...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: September 06, 2007, 12:57:33 AM »

Breaking News >> Italian Tenor Luciano Pavarotti Has Died at Age 71, His Manager Reports

He had pancreatic cancer  Sad
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #947 on: September 06, 2007, 07:54:51 AM »

Well Klaas  that is a sad thing for his wife and daughters he leaves behind   but God did bless him with that wonderful voice and now Luciano will sing for those in Heaven I am sure they all will love him as we did ,   Goodness an old broke up Cowboy liking Opera singing . 
  Oh My Lord what Has Jessica done to me ?  Oh well what ever it is she could only improve me and the lord sent her to help with that and I am sooooo Glad that he knew  just what I needed <g>   She has been a life saver for me sent from Heaven I am sure and I thank Him every nite for her.  She is my candle in the darkness .

Breaking News >> Italian Tenor Luciano Pavarotti Has Died at Age 71, His Manager Reports

He had pancreatic cancer  Sad

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: September 06, 2007, 08:56:04 AM »

Hi Jerry     Good morning Monkeys and readers sunny

It's sad to see the passing of Luciano Pavarotti Sad 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: September 06, 2007, 09:06:34 AM »

Hi Jerry     Good morning Monkeys and readers sunny

It's sad to see the passing of Luciano Pavarotti Sad 

Good Morning Muffy!  And all other Monkeys!

I agree - Pavarotti was just incredible, His voice gives me chill bumps...He will be missed.

Isn't today "thirst-day"?  If so, I'd like to put in my drink order early - A nice mimossa would hit the spot! Very Happy This early in the morning if I  then I would be like and then I would  !!!  But somedays - oh well......

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #950 on: September 06, 2007, 11:42:21 AM »

Wow. Quiet morning today.

Howdy, Monkeys!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: September 06, 2007, 11:52:13 AM »

Yapperz - I see you and Sunny are lurking.  Sunny just emailed me this response she got from that hijacker of your email.  You might want to copy the info and send on to Yahoo for their investigation:

Hey,
   How are you doing and how is every thing with you,well Thanks very much for your concern and i am so Glad to hear from you.I'd like to call but Due to what happend at the Hotel that's why the hotel telephone service is dissconnected,so i have only access to emails,my mobile phone can't work over here so i didnt bring it along.I had some problem over here just like the previouse mail i send to you that i was robbed at a hotel where i lodge in Canada and they took away all my money from me.why i contacted you is to get some money from you to pay for my hotel bill which i was owing and i promise to pay you the money back as soon as i get back home,ok.so here is the information where you will send the money to:
Name:Sandra Ruck
City:Winnipeg
Zip Code:R2P-0A2
She is the Hotel manager that will help me to get the money from the bank,ok.as soon as you send the money,get back to me with informations so that i can give it to her to get the money for me so that i can be able to pay the hotel bills and get back home fast.
Thanks very much for the understanding.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: September 06, 2007, 11:55:06 AM »

Wow. Quiet morning today.

Howdy, Monkeys!

Hi Dugga!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #953 on: September 06, 2007, 11:56:41 AM »

Shocked  OMG.. Unreal.... 

Afternoon folks..

Not sticking around long.. gotta go to work soon. and have double shifts the next few days.. Rolling Eyes
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: September 06, 2007, 11:57:35 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295917,00.html

Apple iPhone Owners Outraged by Huge Price Cut
Thursday , September 06, 2007

By Paul Wagenseil

Apple iPhone owners, to put it mildly, are ticked off.

The unveiling of Apple's completely revamped iPod line Wednesday in San Francisco was overshadowed by a detail head honcho Steve Jobs tossed off almost as an aside: Less than 10 weeks after the much-ballyhooed combination cell phone/media player/Web surfer went on sale, its price was cut by $200.

That means early adopters who rushed to get the devices despite the high prices paid a premium of at least $20 for every extra week they could say they had the summer's hot new gadget.

"I feel like I just got punched in the face," said one commenter on the MacRumors blog. "Fanboy tax indeed."

The 8-gigabyte iPhone, once $599, was cut to $399. The 4-gigabyte model, formerly $499, was discontinued, and will sell for $299 until stocks are gone.

• Click here for FOXNews.com's Personal Technology Center.

"People who bought the iPhone weeks or months ago must really be annoyed," said Tim Beyers, an analyst at The Motley Fool research and investment group. "They might think twice about being the first to buy future Apple products. This smacks a little of desperation, and it's very unlike Apple."

Wall Street seemed to feel the same way. Apple stock dropped more than 5 percent after the price cut was announced, closing at $136.76, down $7.40. In extended trading, the share price fell another $1.01.

Jobs said Wednesday that Apple was on pace to sell 1 million iPhones in the United States by the end of September. The drastic price cut made that number even more attainable.

Analysts said quick discounts are typical for the cell-phone industry, if not the computer industry. The world's best-selling cell phone, the Motorola Razr, for instance, debuted at $499 but now can be had for less than $100.

"This is about Apple learning how to become a cell-phone retailer," said Jeff Kagan, an independent telecommunications industry analyst based in Atlanta. "All of a sudden it's in the cell-phone business, and everyone is trying to figure out how to measure it, and we don't know yet."

That didn't do much to alleviate the chagrin of iPhone buyers, however.

"I realize this is not their problem: I agreed to the original price — it's my fault," said 32-year-old Ryan Roth of New York, who plunked down $599 for his first iPhone — his first cell phone ever — mere hours before Jobs' speech Thursday. "It just kinda sucks."

Roth, however, is one of the lucky ones, having bought his iPhone within the past two weeks.

Apple spokeswoman Natalie Kerris said anyone who purchased an iPhone within the past 14 days and has the receipt can get a full refund under Apple's return policy if they haven't opened the product. If they have opened it, they still can get a refund of the price difference.

Outside that window, though, tough luck.

"I am on DAY 15!!!" lamented a commenter on the Engadget tech blog. "I might shoot myself in the face ... it was nice knowing you all."

Also sinking in was the realization that many of the most impressive features of the iPhone — the finger-activated touchscreen, the full-fledged Web browser, automatic screen-orientation and brightness adjustment — were now also available on the iPod Touch.

"The iPhone isn't Apple's golden child, the iPod is. Even Steve said that the iPhone is the third priority after the iPod," said another Engadget poster. "The iPod touch is THE touch screen device. The multi touch thing was initially destined for the iPod but Apple are very smart."

Of course, on the Internet, there was no shortage of Schadenfreude to go around.

"Suck it up — you wanted to be the coolest kid on the block and you were for a few weeks," gloated one poster to the Gizmodo tech blog. "Isn't that worth at least $200?"

Another saw the practical aspects of the price cut.

"Maybe I'll get an iPhone and an iPod Classic," said the wise guy, "for about the same price people paid for the iPhone two days ago."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: September 06, 2007, 11:58:43 AM »

Afternoon folks..

Not sticking around long.. gotta go to work soon. and have double shifts the next few days.. Rolling Eyes

Sorry about the double shifts Angie.  Try not to work too hard!  Have a great day anyway.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #956 on: September 06, 2007, 12:00:02 PM »

Klaas..

I am on the phone with Yap now.. she said another one of her friends got the same reply. Shes going to send it all to Yahoo.. and get this one from Sunny. 
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #957 on: September 06, 2007, 12:01:32 PM »

Afternoon folks..

Sorry about the double shifts Angie.  Try not to work too hard!  Have a great day anyway.

LOL Klaas.. had someone quit at another store.. shuffling people around. Oh well  Xtra $$ for me. 
<I can help Yap out faster now for her return back from Canada.. lol   Cool>
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: September 06, 2007, 12:02:50 PM »

Thanks Sunny & Klaas. I am forwarding all to yahoo security. I can get the header info for them. Got to take hubby to dr. BBL. Have a good day all.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #959 on: September 06, 2007, 12:03:51 PM »

Have a good day everyone.

Sad news about Lucio  and the  MCann family.. Dont look good for them either.  Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.