June 03, 2024, 08:57:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Is Race the Issue?"  (Read 110053 times)
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2008, 01:31:44 AM »

the fact that obama is in comparison much more grilled about non-important distractions like decorational flag pins to name one says enough i think.
add to that every second blog on this site about him with occasionally the N-word appearing in the moderated comments - later removed most of the time - confirms it for me.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2008, 12:28:58 PM »

the fact that obama is in comparison much more grilled about non-important distractions like decorational flag pins to name one says enough i think.
add to that every second blog on this site about him with occasionally the N-word appearing in the moderated comments - later removed most of the time - confirms it for me.

caesu ... I have never used the N word in my entire 61 years of life.

Race is not the issue with me ... it is Obama's racist ideology which he reveals in his own words in AUDACITY OF HOPE and DREAMS OF MY FATHER that concerns me.  It is Obama's longtime relationships with those who embrace a racist, Maxist philosophy and ... who launched Obama's political career that concerns me.

The color of a man/woman's skin is not the issue ... ideology and character is where it is at.

caesu ... I have been in an interracial marriage for almost 43 years ... my three beautiful children are mixed race.  All three take pride in both heritages they have been blessed with.  They embrace and are embraced by two extended families.  However ... above all they are proud Canadians who contribute to society as a whole

caesu ... if one of my grown children ever denounced one of their heritages as Barack Obama despicably did in his own words ... my hubby and I would be heartbroken.

If one of my grown children was a member of a church with a mission statement based on the racist ideology that reflected James Cone's philosophy ... my love would be a given but ... I could never uphold him/her in the company he/she were keeping and ... then the indoctrination of my grandchildren in a racist ideology ... it is too much to consider.

Janet

++++++++++++

BARACK OBAMA - IN HIS OWN WORDS

Audacity of Hope:
“Lolo (Obama’s step father) followed a brand of Islam ….” “I looked to Lolo for guidance”.

Dreams of my Father: “The person who made me proudest of all, though, was [half brother] Roy .. He converted to Islam.”

Dreams of my Father: “In Indonesia, I had spent two years at a Muslim school”

Dreams of my Father: “I Studied the Koran.”

Audacity of Hope: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

Dreams of My Father: “I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race”.

Dreams of my Father: “The emotion between the races could never be pure….. the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.”

Dreams of my Father: “Any distinction between good and bad whites held negligible meaning.”

Dreams of My Father: “I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites”

Dreams Of My Father: “I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself..”.

Dreams of My Father: “That hate hadn’t gone away,” he wrote, blaming “white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.”

Dreams of My Father: “There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names”

Dreams of my Father: “Desperate times called for desperate measures, and for many blacks, times were chronically desperate. If nationalism could create a strong and effective insularity, deliver on its promise of self-respect, then the hurt it might cause well-meaning whites, or the inner turmoil it caused people like me, would be of little consequence.”

Dreams of my Father: “To avoid being mistaken for a racial sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy.”

Dreams of my Father: “there was something about him that made me wary,” Obama wrote. “A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.”

Dreams of my Father: “the reason black people keep to themselves is that it’s easier than spending all your time mad, or trying to guess whatever it was that white folks were thinking about you.”

Dreams of my Father: One line in Malcolm X’s autobiography “spoke” to Obama “it stayed with me,” he says. “He spoke of a wish he’d once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2008, 12:40:11 PM »

Sen. Robert C. Byrd endorses Obama

Mon May 19, 2:01 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Sen. Robert C. Byrd, a former member of the Ku Klux Klan and a one-time opponent of civil rights legislation, endorsed Barack Obama for the Democratic presidential nomination on Monday.

Obama is vying to be the nation's first black president.

Byrd's support comes almost a week after the Illinois senator's 41-point loss to Hillary Rodham Clinton in the longtime lawmaker's home state of West Virginia.

Byrd said he had no intention of getting involved while his state was in the midst of a primary. "But the stakes this November could not be higher," he said in a written statement.

Byrd said Obama has the qualities to end the Iraq war, which he has strongly opposed.

"I believe that Barack Obama is a shining young statesman, who possesses the personal temperament and courage necessary to extricate our country from this costly misadventure in Iraq, and to lead our nation at this challenging time in history," Byrd said.

Byrd has repeatedly apologized for his time in the Ku Klux Klan, which he joined as a young man in the 1940s to fight communism. He also opposed integrating the military, and filibustered the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Byrd is the longest-serving senator in history. As Senate president pro tempore, he is in line for the presidency after the vice president and House speaker.

AP

Thank you for posting this.

Amazing.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2008, 12:40:42 PM »

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/portlandrallyvideo
75,000 people who joined Barack and his family for a rally in Portland, Oregon.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »

Obama is 16 pledged delegates away from reaching an absolute majority.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2008, 01:13:24 PM »

Barack Obama
On My Faith and My Church
March 14, 2008

BARACK: "Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy. I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue."

<snip>
The statements that Rev. Wright made that are the cause of this controversy were not statements I personally heard him preach while I sat in the pews of Trinity or heard him utter in private conversation.

<snip>
because of my strong links to the Trinity faith community, where I married my wife and where my daughters were baptized, I did not think it appropriate to leave the church.

<snip>
I believe that Americans will judge me not on the basis of what someone else said, but on the basis of who I am and what I believe in; on my values, judgment and experience to be President of the United States.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barack-obama/on-my-faith-and-my-church_b_91623.html

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2008, 01:13:45 PM »

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2008, 01:55:58 PM »

Barack Obama
March 14, 2008

BARACK: "Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy. I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue."

<snip>
The statements that Rev. Wright made that are the cause of this controversy were not statements I personally heard him preach while I sat in the pews of Trinity or heard him utter in private conversation.

<snip>
because of my strong links to the Trinity faith community, where I married my wife and where my daughters were baptized, I did not think it appropriate to leave the church.

<snip>
I believe that Americans will judge me not on the basis of what someone else said, but on the basis of who I am and what I believe in; on my values, judgment and experience to be President of the United States.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barack-obama/on-my-faith-and-my-church_b_91623.html

It is important for the American people to decern whether the words spoken by the Barack Obama while compaigning for the highest office in the lands reflects the words and actions of the Barack Obama of the past twenty years.

Until Jeremiah Wright's racist, anti-American ideology was exposed in January, 2008 ... this man who Barack Obama referred to as a pastor/mentor/friend held a postion within the Obama campaign as a spiritual advisor.

Only then did Obama distance himself from Jeremiah Wright.

Janet

+++++++++++++

Transcript: Rev. Jeremiah Wright speech to National Press Club
April 28, 2008

REV. WRIGHT: ... We both know that if Senator Obama did not say what he said, he would never get elected.  Politicians say what they say and do what they do based on electability, based on sound bites, based on polls -- Huffington, whoever's doing the polls. Preachers say what they say because they are pastors. They have a different person to whom they're accountable.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-wrighttranscript-04282008,0,3593201.story?page=6

Obama: ‘I’m a Pretty Darned Good Politician’
by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, April 16, 2008

... I’m a pretty darn good politician. And I can give a pretty good speech and I can connect and inspire the American people in ways that I think will become apparent.
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/16/obama-im-a-pretty-darned-good-politician/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2008, 02:06:22 PM »

Barack Obama
March 14, 2008

<snip>

<snip>

In one statement Barack Obama claims he was in the dark for the past twenty years regarding Jeremiah Wrights racist, anti-American ideology and ... the other statement implies that he was aware but had his own person reasons for remaining in the church.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »

Barack Obama
March 14, 2008

BARACK: "Let me say at the outset thatI vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy. I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue."

<snip>

On April 29, 2008 ... on National television ... Barack Obama lied to the American people.

Obama stated that he was unaware of the racist, anti-American ideology of his pastor, mentor and friend for the past twenty years. However ... in his own words in DREAMS OF MY FATHER ... Obama reveals that he knew exactly what Jeremiah Wright was all about from the getgo.

Obama 'Appalled' By Ex-Pastor's Comments
Wright's Comments A 'Show Of Disrespect To Me'
UPDATED: 5:24 pm EDT April 29, 2008

Calling the Rev. Jeremiah Wright "not the same person I met 20 years ago," Sen. Barack Obama said Tuesday he was "appalled" by his former pastor's comments Monday at the National Press Club.
http://www.nbc10.com/politics/16060061/detail.html

IN HIS OWN WORDS - DREAMS OF MY FATHER

Audacity of Barack Obama and Rev. Wright
March 18, 2008 01:00 PM EST

In Senator Obama's first book, titled Dreams of My Father and published in 1995 (after he had been elected president of the Harvard Law Review but before he had been elected to public office), Senator Obama wrote at length about Rev. Wright and his moving "Audacity of Hope" speech.

In Dreams, Senator Obama explained how he met Rev. Wright[, whom he mentioned had been "dabbling with liquor, Islam, and black nationalism in the sixties."

He acknowledged that Rev. Wright immediately had given him fair warning that he was controversial, by quoting Rev. Wright as having said: "Some of my fellow clergy don't appreciate what we're about. They feel like we're too radical. Others, we aren't radical enough. Too emotional. Not emotional enough."

He also acknowledged that Rev. Wright let him know at their first meeting that he looked unfavorably on America and expected to continue to do so, by stating, "Life's not safe for a black man in this country, Barack. Never has been. Probably never will be."

Senator Obama left with one of Rev. Wright's "Black Value System" brochures.

When Senator Barack listened to Rev. Wright's "Audacity of Hope" sermon, September 11, 2001 was years away, but, Senator Obama admitted in Dreams, Rev. Wright castigated America.

Senator Obama put it this way: "Reverend Wright spoke of Sharpsville and Hiroshima, the callousness of policy makers in the White House and in the State House. As the sermon unfolded...the stories of strife became more prosaic, the pain more immediate...."

So it's hard to believe that Senator Obama was not familiar until very recently with Rev. Wright's position on the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

It's even worse for Senator Obama and Rev. Wright.
In Obama: From Promise to Power, by the Chicago Tribune's David Mendell, Mr. Mendell relates (pp. 159-160) a meeting between Senator Obama and Rev. Wright when Senator Obama was deciding whether or not to run for the United States Senate:

"'My name should be out there,' Obama told his pastor. 'but Carol Moseley Braun won't say what's she's going to do, and I'm not gonna run against a black woman. If she's gonna run, then I'm out. Until she says yes or no, I can't say anything."
http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2008, 10:02:39 PM »

Yes Louise ... sadly ... race is the issue. 

According to Michelle Obama in her own words ... American is not the issue ... Black and White is the issue.

Janet

++++++++++

Michelle Obama thesis was on racial divide
By JEFFREY RESSNER | 2/22/08 4:20 PM EST Updated: 2/23/08 9:51 AM EST

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642_Page2.html

Thesis:
PRINCETON - EDUCATED BLACKS AND THE BLACK COMMUNITY

Part 1:
http://www.politico.com/pdf/080222_MOPrincetonThesis_1-251.pdf

Part 2:
http://www.politico.com/pdf/080222_MOPrincetonThesis_26-501.pdf

Part 3:
http://www.politico.com/pdf/080222_MOPrincetonThesis_51-751.pdf

Part 4:
http://dyn.politico.com/pdf/080222_MOPrincetonThesis_76-981.pdf

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2008, 10:42:10 PM »

Thesis:
Michelle LaVaughn Robinson (Obama)

“There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the black community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost.”
[/i]

_____

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2008, 12:13:22 AM »

Thesis:

“There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the black community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost.”
[/i]

I did not know that Mrs. Obama was such an altruistic young woman.  How many with her education went on to have fancy Wall Street or corporate jobs, yet she was determined to work with the underpriviledged.  Bless her, we need more like this.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2008, 12:15:03 AM »

Thesis:

[/i]

I did not know that Mrs. Obama was such an altruistic young woman.  How many with her education went on to have fancy Wall Street or corporate jobs, yet she was determined to work with the underpriviledged.  Bless her, we need more like this.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Sorry . . . that should read "underprivileged"
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2008, 10:13:52 AM »

Thesis:

[/i]

The underprivilege include AMERICANS of all colors.  All H--- would break loose if the spouse of either McCain or Clinton would to state:

“There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the WHITE   community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the WHITE community first and foremost.

_____

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2008, 10:34:23 AM »

Thesis:

[/i]

The underprivilege include AMERICANS of all colors.  All H--- would break loose if the spouse of either McCain or Clinton would to state:

“There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the WHITE   community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the WHITE community first and foremost.

So she focused on a particular group.  So do those who work with Native American, or AIDS patients. Some might say that working with any needy group helps society as a whole. She chose to use her gifts to help those less privileged.  That's a ministry    Sounds to me like someone whose heart is in the right place.  And what is the point of dragging Mrs. Obama's college thesis into the presidential election debate?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2008, 10:53:11 AM »

I am positive that the college thesis written by Clinton or McCain spouse would be dragged into the presidential election if it contain the following words.

Janet

++++++++++++++

“There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the WHITE   community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the WHITE community FIRST AND FOREMOST."

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2008, 11:03:49 AM »

... and then when Michelle's own words are considered along with he husband's own words in DREAMS OF MY FATHER and AUDICITY OF HOPE ....

Believe me ... if the words were reversed Clinton or McCain candidacy for the highest postion in the land would be history.  The AMERICAN people would not tolerate it.  Tamikosmom included.

The politically correct double standard is nothing short of racism.

Janet 

+++++++++

Audacity of Hope: “Lolo (Obama’s step father) followed a brand of Islam ….” “I looked to Lolo for guidance”.

Dreams of my Father: “The person who made me proudest of all, though, was [half brother] Roy .. He converted to Islam.”

Audacity of Hope: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

Dreams of My Father: “I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race”.

Dreams of my Father: “The emotion between the races could never be pure….. the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.”

Dreams of my Father: “Any distinction between good and bad whites held negligible meaning.”

Dreams of My Father: “I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites”

Dreams Of My Father: “I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself..”.

Dreams of My Father: “That hate hadn’t gone away,” he wrote, blaming “white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.”

Dreams of My Father: “There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names”

Dreams of my Father: “Desperate times called for desperate measures, and for many blacks, times were chronically desperate. If nationalism could create a strong and effective insularity, deliver on its promise of self-respect, then the hurt it might cause well-meaning whites, or the inner turmoil it caused people like me, would be of little consequence.”

Dreams of my Father: “To avoid being mistaken for a racial sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy.”

Dreams of my Father: “there was something about him that made me wary,” Obama wrote. “A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.”

Dreams of my Father: “the reason black people keep to themselves is that it’s easier than spending all your time mad, or trying to guess whatever it was that white folks were thinking about you.”

Dreams of my Father: One line in Malcolm X’s autobiography “spoke” to Obama “it stayed with me,” he says. “He spoke of a wish he’d once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged.

_____

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2008, 11:21:08 AM »

... and then when Michelle's own words are considered along with he husband's own words in DREAMS OF MY FATHER and AUDICITY OF HOPE ....

Believe me ... if the words were reversed Clinton or McCain candidacy for the highest postion in the land would be history.  The AMERICAN people would not tolerate it.  Tamikosmom included.

The politically correct double standard is nothing short of racism.

Janet 

+++++++++

Audacity of Hope: “Lolo (Obama’s step father) followed a brand of Islam ….” “I looked to Lolo for guidance”.

And I would ask the same thing, why is the spouse's thesis being dragged into this?  What is the purpose of education?  Indoctrination, or exploration?  College students read widely and are exposed to many ideas that are not mainstream or conservative. In my opinion only, we should all be reading that widely.

As far as working for or promoting the black communnity, God knows, this is a community in crisis.  So I applaud those who are not overwhelmed by the problems but idealistic enough to try to help.  Those who get in there and try to keep kids in school, families together, and turn kids away from drugs, gangs and violence are heroes in my book.  You may call it racism, but I call it something else.

Anyone who works for the benefit of an underpriviliged group works for the benefit of all society, Tamiko's, not just the benefit of that particular group or white society. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2008, 11:33:22 AM »

This morning on CNN ... a political stategist has determined that a McCain win in the presidential election is a given if Barack Obama wins the Democractic leadership.

A random poll indicated that the majority of Clinton supporters would cast their ballot for McCain.

However ... if Clinton were to win the nomination ... the majority of Obama supporters would cast their default ballot for Clinton in the presidential election.

So ... based on the above logic ... this right-wing Canadian ******* believes that an Obama victory over Clinton is a very good thing.

I cannot believe I just said that!

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.