June 03, 2024, 11:02:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Is Race the Issue?"  (Read 110068 times)
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2008, 11:53:31 PM »

those who are quick to attack black theology, reverend wright and prof. cone have little ability to understand challenges endured in the past by black americans.
this theology is about bringing oppressed people out of misery they have had to endure and to tell the truth about their former oppressors.
to understand this requires empathy.
and that takes effort and some understanding and some compassion.

<snipped>

caesu ... there is no justification ... this not the past.  The fact that Barack Obama is running for President of one of the greatest democracies on the face of the earth is proof.

Anyways ... I do believe that James Cone's "Black Theology" goes way beyond equal opportunity for Blacks ... it advocates the destruction of the White race.

For twenty years ... Obama sat in the pews of a church where James Cone's racist marxist "Black Theology" was preached by Wright and applauded by the congregation.

It is too much to comprehend ... this "wolf in sheep's clothing" could very well be the next President of the United States of America.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Janet

++++++++++++

TRINITY UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST

"The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology."

http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

Black Theology & Black Power (Paperback)

First published in 1969, "Black Theology & Black Power" provided the first systematic presentation of black theology. Relating the militant struggle for liberation with the gospel message of salvation, James Cone laid the foundation for an original interpretation of Christianity that retains its urgency and challenge today.

http://www.amazon.ca/Black-Theology-Power-J-Cone/dp/1570751579

"Christ is black therefore not because of some cultural or psychological need of black people, but because and only because Christ really enters into our world where the poor were despised and the black are, disclosing that he is with them enduring humiliation and pain and transforming oppressed slaves into liberating servants." James Cone

"Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love." James Cone

"In the New Testament, Jesus is not for all, but for the oppressed, the poor and unwanted of society, and against oppressors ... Either God is for black people in their fight for liberation and against the white oppressors, or he is not." James Cone

i think this should be seen in the right context and more importantly in the right timeframe.
for the majority of the time the US exists there was a lot of oppression against one race.
finally in the 60s the civil right acts in brought an end to that.
of course people will try to organise and fight if they are being oppressed.
that's also what happened in the war of independence.

but now that's not much of an issue anymore.
if there was oppression, obama wouldn't have been the presumptive nominee (imo he is, hillary is just in denial  )

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2008, 11:57:12 PM »

I agree with you about endorsements from any leader with a following.  Each member of any organization or group should make his/her own personal choice regarding the candidate who is running for office.

However ... I believe it is crucial that each voter check out the character/ lifestyle/ beliefs/ positions of his/her candidate of choice prior to casting that ballot.  The voter must not be taken in by a "wolf in sheep's clothing" who uses deception in order to assure a victory at the polls.  The candidate's words and actions throughout the campaign must reflect the words and actions of the candidate prior to the campaign.

In this endeavor ... the organizations that the candidate is affiliated with and the ... company that he associates with are excellent indicators.  Then ... a little reading of books he/she has authored as well as articles, commentaries and speech transcripts can also provide insight into the candidate's genuine belief system.

In other words ... the voter must be informed prior to casting that ballot which is instrumental in what direction the "change" the candidate promises will take the country.

Janet

++++++++++++

Transcript: Rev. Jeremiah Wright speech to National Press Club
April 28, 2008

REV. WRIGHT: ... We both know that if Senator Obama did not say what he said, he would never get elected.  Politicians say what they say and do what they do based on electability, based on sound bites, based on polls -- Huffington, whoever's doing the polls. Preachers say what they say because they are pastors. They have a different person to whom they're accountable.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-wrighttranscript-04282008,0,3593201.story?page=6

Obama: ‘I’m a Pretty Darned Good Politician’
by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, April 16, 2008

... I’m a pretty darn good politician. And I can give a pretty good speech and I can connect and inspire the American people in ways that I think will become apparent.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/16/obama-im-a-pretty-darned-good-politician/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2008, 12:00:28 AM »

Good Night caesu.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2008, 01:47:28 AM »

Dear Abby:
    My husband is a liar and a cheat. He has cheated on me from the beginning, and, when I confront him, he denies everything. What's worse, everyone knows that he cheats on me. It is so humiliating. Also, since he lost his job six years ago, he hasn't even looked for a new one. All he does all day is smoke cigars, cruise around and bullshit with his buddies while I have to work to pay the bills. Since our daughter went away to college he doesn't even pretend to like me and hints that I may be a lesbian. What should I do?
    Signed: Clueless

Dear Clueless:
    Grow up and dump him. Good grief, woman. You don't need him anymore! You're a United States Senator from New York running for President of the United States. Act like one.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2008, 01:48:10 AM »

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/contribute/newgeneration?source=20080130_EMK_ND1_X_PS_G
Video
Caroline Kennedy endorses Obama
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2008, 01:51:26 AM »

Senator Ted Kennedy endorses Barack Obama

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2008, 11:46:19 AM »

*** Christ is black therefore not because of some cultural or psychological need of black people, but because and only because Christ really enters into our world where the poor were despised and the black are, disclosing that he is with them enduring humiliation and pain and transforming oppressed slaves into liberating servants." James Cone

"Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love." James Cone

"In the New Testament, Jesus is not for all, but for the oppressed, the poor and unwanted of society, and against oppressors ... Either God is for black people in their fight for liberation and against the white oppressors, or he is not." James Cone

*** Christ, is not the name of the Messiah, Jesus nor the surname of Jesus of Nazareth of the House of David.....   It is a Greek word, given to Jesus, several centuries after his death...it's meaning, as far as I can comprehend, is something akin to Saviour, Messiah!!    So, let us speak correctly of Jesus, the Lord, the Saviour, the Messiah, the one and only Son of God and God Himself!!

Who knows what Race, Religion or Sex Jesus is, was or will return as, it matters not.....Jesus, the Lord, the Redeemer of all who follow Goodness, comes NOT for one group or another....Jesus my Lord, my God, my Redeemer, made us ALL and comes for us All!!!!

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #187 on: May 23, 2008, 11:48:18 AM »

*** Christ is black therefore not because of some cultural or psychological need of black people, but because and only because Christ really enters into our world where the poor were despised and the black are, disclosing that he is with them enduring humiliation and pain and transforming oppressed slaves into liberating servants." James Cone

*** Christ, is not the name of the Messiah, Jesus, nor the surname of Jesus of Nazareth of the House of David.....   It is a Greek word, given to Jesus, several centuries after his death...it's meaning, as far as I can comprehend, is something akin to Saviour, Messiah!!    So, let us speak correctly of Jesus, the Lord, the Saviour, the Messiah, the one and only Son of God and God Himself!!

Who knows what Race, Religion or Sex Jesus is, was or will return as, it matters not.....Jesus, the Lord, the Redeemer of all who follow Goodness, comes NOT for one group or another....Jesus my Lord, my God, my Redeemer, made us ALL and comes for us All!!!!

[/color][/b]
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2008, 09:50:38 PM »

Barack Obama does not get it or ... he does.

Rush Limbaugh and Lou Dobbs (CNN) speak out against "illegal" immigration and ... Obama makes it a race issue.  Rather than undermining Limbaugh and Dobbs ... Obama should be upholding these talk show hosts in their contention that "ALL" immgrants should be entering the United States through the proper channels.  Homeland Security demands it.  Fairness demands it.

My husband's cousin's son in Japan had been waiting four years to get that coveted stamp on his papers for entry into the United States of America to join extended family members in Virginia.  Yet Barack Obama dares to imply that Limbaugh and Dobbs are racists because they speak out against those who enter the country by the "back door".

GMAB

Janet

++++++++++++

Obama collects another $500,000, slams Limbaugh
By Michael C. Bender | Friday, May 23, 2008, 07:15 AM

More than 800 donors packed into a Westin Diplomat Hotel ballroom Thursday night to pad Barack Obama’s war chest by another $500,000, according to this pool report of the evening.

In a speech to the crowd, Obama sharpened his rhetoric against some of the most vocal voices against immigrant workers and migrant worker programs.

“A certain segment has basically been feeding a kind of xenophobia. There’s a reason why hate crimes against Hispanic people doubled last year,” Obama said. “If you have people like Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh ginning things up, it’s not surprising that would happen.”

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/floridapolitics/entries/2008/05/23/obama_collects_another_500000.html

_____

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2008, 09:28:11 AM »

What is racism?  Why would race matter?

from the wiki- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

Legal definition

According to the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination,

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life. '[1]

What does the ruling class do with the people that do not fit neatly into one category?

Is it possible to cut away the white pieces?  Is it possible to cut away the pieces that make someone offensive to others? 

I know people who were discriminated against because they were Italian immigrants - people would not rent to them or give them jobs.

"Irish Need Not Apply"  "LDS Only"  "No Jews" "XXX only"

The list goes on and on and is not limited to a few groups. 

I believe that "race" is made ugly by people.  The ugliness is not limited to any group, nation, or continent of people. 

I believe the challenge is to welcome everyone to apply.  Give everyone the opportunity to apply, and treat them fairly/the same/equally as possible when they do. 

Give everyone the opportunity to try, fail, and to keep trying.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2008, 12:22:33 PM »

What is racism?  Why would race matter?

WhiskeyGirl ... I do not have a clue.  The Scriptures tell us God created each of us in His own image. 

Race or nationality of a politician has NEVER been an issue in Tamikosmom's world.  However ... the character and ... the political ideology which a politician embraces ... are issues.

In DREAMS OF MY FATHER ... Obama acknowledges that he knew from the getgo that Jeremiah Wright was controversial in regards to his anti-American racist position.

In DREAMS OF MY FATHER ... Obama acknowledges that he was informed at the getgo of James Cone's racist Marxist "Black Theology" which formed the foundation of the ministry at Trinity United.

Nevertheless ... Obama joined the congregation at Trinity United and stayed for twenty years.  Jeremiah Wright was afforded the honor of officiating at Obama's marriage as well as the baptism of his beautiful daughters.  Obama afforded Wright a position in his campaign as spiritual advisor.  He claims it was Wright's speech AUDICITY OF HOPE that was inspire his book by the same name. 

I realize that people's hearts change in regards to ideology but there must be evidence in the life of a presidential candidate through words and deed prior to his campaign that a change had indeed taken place.

It was not until January, 2008 during his campaign that Obama distanced himself from Wright and Trinity United.  Only when the media exposed the rantings of Wright did Obama distance himself from a twenty year association and ... then lied to the American people when he claimed that he did was unaware of the "real" Jeremiah Wright.

WhiskeyGirl ... I want to make it clear ... it is deception that I hate.  If Barack Obama ran as a candidate who adheres to a Marxist philosophy ... so be it.  However ... a "wolf in sheep's clothing" implies that many Americans will be casting an uninformed vote regarding the "change" in political direction that Obama is really alluding to.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2008, 12:40:28 PM »

James Cone's racist anti-American philosophy formed the foundation of the church which Barack Obama associated himself with for twenty years.  Only in January, 2008 when the media exposed the messages which were being preached from of this church and ... applauded by the thousands in the congretation ... did Barack Obama distance himself from Trinity United and its controversial pastor.

Janet

+++++++++++

TRINITY UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST

"The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology."

http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

Black Theology & Black Power (Paperback)

First published in 1969, "Black Theology & Black Power" provided the first systematic presentation of black theology. Relating the militant struggle for liberation with the gospel message of salvation, James Cone laid the foundation for an original interpretation of Christianity that retains its urgency and challenge today.

http://www.amazon.ca/Black-Theology-Power-J-Cone/dp/1570751579

"Christ is black therefore not because of some cultural or psychological need of black people, but because and only because Christ really enters into our world where the poor were despised and the black are, disclosing that he is with them enduring humiliation and pain and transforming oppressed slaves into liberating servants." James Cone

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2008, 12:47:03 PM »

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

April 28, 2008

REV. WRIGHT: ... We both know that if Senator Obama did not say what he said, he would never get elected. Politicians say what they say and do what they do based on electability, based on sound bites, based on polls -- Huffington, whoever's doing the polls. Preachers say what they say because they are pastors. They have a different person to whom they're accountable.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-wrighttranscript-04282008,0,3593201.story?page=6

Obama: ‘I’m a Pretty Darned Good Politician’
by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, April 16, 2008

... I’m a pretty darn good politician. And I can give a pretty good speech and I can connect and inspire the American people in ways that I think will become apparent.http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/16/obama-im-a-pretty-darned-good-politician/

A More Perfect Union
Watch Barack's speech on race in America and building a more perfect union.

http://my.barackobama.com/hisownwords

_____

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2008, 12:54:19 PM »

"Black Theology", hmmm, that really doesn't make a grain of sense to this Christian.  Isn't that an oxymoron (sp. incorrect, I'm sure)

Nobody  knows what color God is, or if he is any color at all.  An African-American grandmother's answer to her grandchild when asked this question, was...."God is the color of water..." How simple, yet profound!!!

All this racial talk is just divisive and solves nothing!!!

Will the anti-Christ be American? Jewish?  
Does anyone here truly believe they can answer such inane questions?  

One thing I believe, for sure, God is Love, Goodness, the embodiment of all that we mortals have been put here on Earth to Strive to be...we cannot be, we are Human,....but we must never stop trying.  Trying to spread His words of love and kindness...to do our best to right the wrongs that we see,...to forgive each other as He told us to.....just live according to the Laws of God and Nature and respect, love and help our fellow man!!!  See the color of water, in real terms do not see color at all, see people, for who they are not what they are,  God's creations and see Jesus or goodness or whatever religion we follow in the eyes of our fellow man.  For He truly dwells within us all!!!!  And the way we treat each other is the way we are treating Him.!!!
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2008, 01:04:25 PM »

[color=red]“A certain segment has basically been feeding a kind of xenophobia. There’s a reason why hate crimes against Hispanic people doubled last year,” Obama said. “If you have people like Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh ginning things up, it’s not surprising that would happen.”[/color]

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/floridapolitics/entries/2008/05/23/obama_collects_another_500000.html
[/quote]

In true Obama fashion, Barak comes out with such a wide accusation, but does not back it up with any stats.  Like, Duh, who are the "attackers" of these Hispanic people???  Is it  Limbaugh, Dobbs, Bush????   It is the re-action that occurs when there are a pleuthura of ill-legal aliens subjected (by their own choice) into an overcrowded, drug-infested world of poverty.  I am sure the stats would show that the Hispanics mentioned by Obama have been attacked by other Hispanics.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: May 24, 2008, 03:10:21 PM »

Is race an issue Louise.  Michelle Obama believes it is.

I am attempting to comprehend why she had to say "as a black man".  Was it necessary to play the race card?

JFK was White and ... he was assinated.  This is the reason Security for ALL the candidates running for the highest office in the land should be implemented.

Janet

++++++++++

Obama Under Secret Service Protection
Protection Is Earliest Ever For A Presidential Candidate; Reason Is Unknown
WASHINGTON, May 3, 2007

In a February interview with 60 Minutes' Steve Kroft, Obama's wife, Michelle, addressed the possibility that her husband could be the target of an assassination attempt. "I don't lose sleep over it because the realities are that, you know, as a black man, you know, Barack can get shot going to the gas station, you know," she said. "So you can't make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen. We just weren't raised that way."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/05/03/politics/main2758784.shtml

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: May 24, 2008, 03:17:49 PM »

Sources to the above quote:

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: May 24, 2008, 03:21:47 PM »

Source to the above quote:

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: May 24, 2008, 07:45:28 PM »

Could the answer to mystery regarding the flag pin issue be revealed in the anti-American company that Barack Obama keeps?

Janet

+++++++++++++

1.  BARACK OBAMA - AMERICAN FLAG PIN

Barack Obama Stops Wearing American Flag Lapel Pin
Thursday, October 04, 2007

WATERLOO, Iowa  —  Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama says he doesn't wear an American flag lapel pin because it has become a substitute for "true patriotism" since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299439,00.html

2.  BILL AYERS - DISRESPECTS THE AMERICAN FLAG

Obama's Radical Friend
May 5th 2008 10:40PM

... This is a picture of William Ayers stepping on the American flag in a deliberate display of disrespect to the flag and the nation for which it stands.

Photo:
http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/05/05/obamas-radical-friends/

3.  BARACK OBAMA/BILL ARYES ASSOCIATION

April 16, 2008
The Pennsylvania Democratic Debate

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS: ... I want to give Senator Clinton a chance to respond, but first a follow-up on this issue, the general theme of patriotism in your relationships. A gentleman named William Ayers, he was part of the Weather Underground in the 1970s. They bombed the Pentagon, the Capitol and other buildings. He's never apologized for that. And in fact, on 9/11 he was quoted in The New York Times saying, "I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough."

An early organizing meeting for your state senate campaign was held at his house, and your campaign has said you are friendly. Can you explain that relationship for the voters, and explain to Democrats why it won't be a problem?

SEN. OBAMA: ... This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who's a professor of English in Chicago, who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He's not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.

<snipped>

SEN. CLINTON: Well, I think that is a fair general statement, but I also believe that Senator Obama served on a board with Mr. Ayers for a period of time, the Woods Foundation, which was a paid directorship position.

And if I'm not mistaken, that relationship with Mr. Ayers on this board continued after 9/11 and after his reported comments, which were deeply hurtful to people in New York, and I would hope to every American, because they were published on 9/11 and he said that he was just sorry they hadn't done more. And what they did was set bombs and in some instances people died.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/04/the_pennsylvania_democratic_de.html

Why is Obama Hiding the Truth About William Ayers? Follow the Money
April 26, 2008 at 6:33 PM

In 1995, the Chicago Annenberg Challenge was created to raise funds to help reform the Chicago public schools. One of the architects of the Challenge was none other than Professor Bill Ayers. Ayers co-wrote the initial grant proposal and proudly lists himself on his own website as the co-founder of the Challenge.

Barack Obama was the first Chairman of the Board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. This appointment came at a crucial time in Barack’s life. He was on the verge of challenging longtime state Senator Alice Palmer for her job. When Barack decided to run, it is no surprise that he turned to William Ayers and his wife, Bernardine Dohrn for help in organizing the campaign and in hosting his first fundraiser in the district.

Obama served on the board for eight years until the Challenge ended in 2003. Bill Ayers was intimately involved in the Challenge over this same time period.

http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/04/26/why-is-obama-hiding-the-truth-about-william-ayers-follow-the-money/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: May 24, 2008, 08:40:14 PM »

Will the reall Barack Obama please step forward!

Janet

++++++++++++

1.  BARACK OBAMA - "I "WON'T" WEAR THAT PIN."

Barack Obama Stops Wearing American Flag Lapel Pin
Thursday, October 04, 2007

Asked about it Wednesday in an interview with KCRG-TV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the Illinois senator said he stopped wearing the pin shortly after the attacks and instead hoped to show his patriotism by explaining his ideas to citizens.

"I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest," he said in the interview. "Instead, I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testament to my patriotism."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299439,00.html

2.  BARACK OBAMA - "I NEVER SAID I DON'T WEAR A FLAG PIN."

April 16, 2008
The Pennsylvania Democratic Debate

And let me just make one last point on this issue of the flag pin. As you noted, I wore one yesterday when a veteran handed it to me, who himself was disabled and works on behalf of disabled veterans. I have never said that I don't wear flag pins or refuse to wear flag pins. This is the kind of manufactured issue that our politics has become obsessed with and, once again, distracts us from what should be my job when I'm commander in chief, which is going to be figuring out how we get our troops out of Iraq and how we actually make our economy better for the American people.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/04/the_pennsylvania_democratic_de.html

3.  BARACK OBAMA - "SOMETIMES I WEAR IT AND SOMETIMES I DON'T."

Obama's Flag Pin Flip-Flop?
Wednesday, May. 14, 2008

This week, after eschewing the patriotic symbol for quite some time, Obama started wearing the pin to selected events. On Tuesday, he was sans pin on the Senate floor, but then later donned it while speaking to working-class voters in Missouri during the evening. "I haven't been making such a big deal about it. Others have. Sometimes I wear it, sometimes I don't," Obama said. "We were talking with a group of veterans yesterday. Over the last several weeks people have been handing me flag pins. I thought it was appropriate."

4.  JEREMIAH WRIGHT - OBAMA'S WORDS AND ACTIONS ARE ALL ABOUT GETTING ELECTED.

April 28, 2008

REV. WRIGHT: ... We both know that if Senator Obama did not say what he said, he would never get elected.  Politicians say what they say and do what they do based on electability, based on sound bites, based on polls -- Huffington, whoever's doing the polls. Preachers say what they say because they are pastors. They have a different person to whom they're accountable.

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.