June 03, 2024, 10:38:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Is Race the Issue?"  (Read 110062 times)
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #480 on: June 23, 2008, 09:13:45 PM »

Incomplete post above.  My answer to Janet's logical question, a truly fair minded question is this.......the "Race is the Issue Card"  is only acceptable if it for this man
called Obama, if it favors the Black agenda.  If McCain opens his mouth he will be bombarded with racist slurs.......the only way the message can be put out, is by African American Conservatives.....if they care to.....if they dare to.......and then they will be called "Uncle Toms".

This 2008 Presidential election is a SHAM!!!!!!!  White people are being compelled to vote for a Black man, or they will prove to this country and to the world that White Americans are racists,.....African Americans are still considered second class citizens....All men are NOT considered equal, unless America elects a Black man to the highest office of the land......even though his credentials are not only lacking, they are proof of his hatred of this country and his sole agenda is to destroy the America as we know it today...

Katherine "hit the nail on his arrogant and anti-American head", when she proclaimed this man called Obama an IMPOSTER!!!!!!   That is exactly what he is!!!!

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #481 on: June 24, 2008, 09:48:55 AM »

Bias by the Numbers

By John Moody
Executive Vice President of FOX News

I admit, I was shocked by the Washington Post’s survey on how old-style racial prejudice could still be a factor in this November’s presidential election.

Are you telling me that American-Africans might vote for Barack Obama because of his color? I thought we were past all that racial nonsense.

Remember the drawing that, depending on how you look at it, either resembles a vase or a human face? Same thing here: you can either look at the Post’s survey as evidence that whites have doubts about Obama because of his race, or that black voters are overwhelmingly supporting him because of his race. The Post’s heavily slanted interpretation focuses on the first option, and ignores the latter.

And of course, the mainstream media followed suit, obediently interpreting “race bias” as exclusively a problem from which whites alone suffer.

But let’s look at the numbers instead through the prism of recent Democratic primary elections: Obama has consistently attracted 90% or more of the American-African vote. Is that because of his opposition to the war in Iraq, his plan to introduce windfall profits taxes on oil companies, or his health care proposals?

Maybe. Or maybe it’s because American-African voters are drawn to his candidacy. Finally, a black man has a legitimate chance to be president.

Isn’t that racial bias?

If we’re going to discuss racism in this race, let’s play fair. Bias is bias, no matter what color it is.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/06/24/bias-by-the-numbers/

one comment -

Comment by Robert
June 24th, 2008 at 9:11 am
Aint it the truth? Aint it the truth?
I totally disagree with everything Mr. Obama politically stands for, yet have been called a racist because I don’t want to vote for him! Now if Condi Rice or Colin Powel were running, why I’d vote for them in a second! Would the Obama voters do the same? I wonder…..

apparently, race is the issue/deciding factor for many...jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #482 on: June 24, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »

Comment by Robert
June 24th, 2008 at 9:11 am
Aint it the truth? Aint it the truth?
I totally disagree with everything Mr. Obama politically stands for, yet have been called a racist because I don’t want to vote for him! Now if Condi Rice or Colin Powel were running, why I’d vote for them in a second! Would the Obama voters do the same? I wonder…..

apparently, race is the issue/deciding factor for many...jmho

<snipped>

My answer to the above highlighted in red, is simply, YES!!!!  America, Black and White,  are obsessed with burying the "Slavery Issue", proving to the world that racism no longer exists (white agenda) and so overly desirous of having a Black President (black agends)to the point of obsession,.....would and will vote for  ANY Black candidate!!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: June 24, 2008, 11:02:26 PM »

Tue June 24, 2008
Evangelist accuses Obama of 'distorting' Bible

CNN) -- A top U.S. evangelical leader is accusing Sen. Barack Obama of deliberately distorting the Bible and taking a "fruitcake interpretation" of the U.S. Constitution.

In comments aired on his radio show Tuesday, Focus on the Family founder James Dobson criticized the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee for comments he made in a June 2006 speech to the liberal Christian group Call to Renewal.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/24/evangelical.vote/index.html

++++++++++++++

BARACK OBAMA, JEREMIAH WRIGHT, TUCC AND JAMES CONE.

THE VISION STATEMENT OF TRINITY UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST (TUCC)

… “The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.”

http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

+++++++++++

The Marxist Roots of Black Liberation Theology
April 2, 2008

While Black Liberation Theology is not main stream in most black churches, many pastors in Wright’s generation are burdened by (James) Cone’s categories which laid the foundation for many to embrace Marxism and a distorted self-image of the perpetual “victim.”

… In FOR MY PEOPLE, Cone explains that “the Christian faith does not possess in its nature the means for analyzing the structure of capitalism. Marxism as a tool of social analysis can disclose the gap between appearance and reality, and thereby help Christians to see how things really are.”

More:
http://www.acton.org/commentary/443_marxist_roots_of_black_liberation_theology.php

+++++++++++

QUOTES - “BLACK POWER & BLACK THEOLOGY”

“Christ is black therefore not because of some cultural or psychological need of black people, but because and only because Christ really enters into our world where the poor were despised and the black are, disclosing that he is with them enduring humiliation and pain and transforming oppressed slaves into liberating servants.” James Cone

“Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community.” James Cone

“Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.” James Cone

“In the New Testament, Jesus is not for all, but for the oppressed, the poor and unwanted of society, and against oppressors … Either God is for black people in their fight for liberation and against the white oppressors, or he is not.” James Cone

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: June 25, 2008, 02:04:45 PM »

The transcript of the following speech of June, 2006 is on Obama's website. I have a feeling it is going to go “poof”.

What a hypocrite! Obviously … Barack Obama was very naive in this period in time. He honestly thought that he could undermine Evangelical leaders for their messages from the pulpit on political issues as they pertained to Biblical topics but … the anti-American, racist, anti-Israel, Black Theology rhetoric of Jeremiah Wright … his pastor of over twenty years …

Maybe ... just maybe ... race is the issue.

Janet

‘Call to Renewal’ Keynote Address
Wednesday, June 28, 2006

No matter how religious they may or may not be, people are tired of seeing faith used as a tool of attack. They don’t want faith used to belittle or to divide. They’re tired of hearing folks deliver more screed than sermon. Because in the end, that’s not how they think about faith in their own lives.

http://obama.senate.gov/speech/060628-call_to_renewal/

++++++++++

Best of Jeremiah Wright’s Sermons Pt. 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617eK2XIaLk

Best of Jeremiah Wright’s Sermons Pt. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaNBzU6iryo

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: June 26, 2008, 02:44:31 PM »

Author and Talk Show host..  Larry Elder ... who is an  American of African roots ... believe that ideology is the issue not race.

Janet

++++++++++++++

How Can a "Fellow Black Republican" Oppose Obama?
Larry Elder
Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mr. Elder,

I am shocked that you oppose Barack Obama and belong to the Republican Party. We must get over ourselves and realize there is room at the top for everyone and we must get there by helping each other -- instead of agreeing with policies and old politics that are proven not to work.

To endorse John McCain, a person who will not make it easier for the underprivileged, is just too much. How can a fellow black American feel this way?

Your Former Supporter

Dear Former Supporter,

Do you have any Republican friends, let alone black ones? If so, how many of them want to make it harder "for the underprivileged"?

You also might want to familiarize yourself with the history of the Democratic and Republican parties, and see which party has stood up longer for the rights of people of color. Do you know that Democrats opposed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution -- abolishing slavery, granting citizenship rights to newly freed slaves, and guaranteeing the right to vote (at least on paper) to blacks, respectively? Do you know that most of the politicians who stood for segregation were Southern Democrats? Do you know that the Ku Klux Klan was founded by Democrats, one of whose goals was to stop the spread of the Republican Party? Do you know that, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans than Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Do you know that inner-city parents want vouchers -- the right to determine where their children go to school? Do you know most Democrats, including Barack Obama, oppose this? Republicans, for the most part, support vouchers. Where vouchers have been tried, kids appear to perform better, with higher parental satisfaction. You tell me, how many things are more important than a child's education?

Do you know that 36 percent of babies aborted are black, while blacks make up 17 percent of live births? Do you know that polls show blacks are more pro-life than are whites? Yet the Democratic Party -- to which over 90 percent of blacks belong -- is the party of Roe v. Wade, requiring states to legalize abortion on demand. Do you know that Margaret Sanger, the founder of the organization that became Planned Parenthood, believed that poor blacks were inferior and that aborting their babies made our society better? Look it up.

Do you know that blacks stand to benefit more than whites through Social Security privatization, a position opposed by Obama but supported by McCain? Are you even familiar with the issue and what a powerful income-generating vehicle it would be for blacks? If not, take a look at the research done by the libertarian think tank Cato Institute and the conservative think tank Heritage Foundation.

Porous borders enable illegal aliens to enter our country and threaten the jobs and lower the wages of Americans, many of whom are unskilled people of color. Which party is more determined to deal with this -- Republicans or Democrats? Obama called the foes of the House anti-illegal immigration bill "ugly and racist." I did not support the bill, but vehemently object to characterizing those who did as "ugly and racist."

You speak of policies that have "proven not to work." What about the "war on poverty" that began in the '60s, the policies that Obama and his party want to continue and expand? Do you know that today 70 percent of black children and over 50 percent of Hispanics are born outside of wedlock? The welfare state -- which Democrats want to expand -- has played a huge role in discouraging marriage and destabilizing families.

Speaking of helping the "underprivileged," I'd suggest you read a book called "Who Really Cares," by Arthur C. Brooks. A non-Republican professor raised by Democrats, he examined the charitable spending habits of Democrats and Republicans. The results surprised him. Brooks found that Republicans give far more of their money and time for charitable purposes than do Democrats. And the giving is not confined to their churches or other houses of worship. This, by the way, has nothing to do with income. Poor Republicans give more than poor Democrats.

Compassion is not about making people dependent on government. Compassion is about encouraging personal responsibility, and getting people to understand that life is about making choices. Poverty does not cause crime. Crime causes poverty. Poverty does not cause a child to have a child. A child having a child causes poverty. Finishing high school is a choice. Not joining a gang is a choice. Not having a child until you have the maturity and the means to raise that child is a choice.

You ask how can a "fellow black American feel this way"? Quite a statement. You may disagree, but it doesn't make me less caring and compassionate than you are. I'm sure you truly consider yourself open-minded and tolerant. But based on your letter, tolerance ends -- especially with "fellow black Americans" -- if someone has an opposing point of view.

Larry

Copyright © 2008 Salem Web Network. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.townhall.com/Common/PrintPage.aspx?g=eb7d73da-7be8-4975-a956-a9a7e7cc670b&t=c

_____

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #486 on: June 26, 2008, 09:35:40 PM »

How about ethnic origin.

Which party offers ethnic attacks?

Barack Obama warned last week that John McCain and the Republican Party would launch racist attacks against him, an allegation repeated by Kathleen Sibelius, rumored to be on his short list for VP.  However, the party that has launched the first and rather unsubtle attack on ethnicity aren’t Republicans, but Democrats in Washington.  In an attack ad that accuses Dino Rossi of too-close ties to the building industry, the Democrats added the theme song from The Sopranos, just in case anyone missed the fact that Rossi has Italian ancestry:

(snip video clip)

Wow. Just … wow. I guess we can give credit to the Washington Democratic Party in that they never actually say the word “Mafia”, but they don’t leave much to the imagination. Christine Gregoire barely won her last election against Rossi in an election filled with suspicions of voter fraud, and the suspects weren’t the Italians. ...

(snip)

It’s not just stunning, it’s stunningly hypocritical.  While Obama accuses McCain and his team of being racists without a shred of evidence for the charge, and while a sitting Governor of Kansas echoes that sentiment without any support whatsoever, the Democrats have no problem leveraging anti-Italian bigotry to paint their opponent as a mobster.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/06/26/which-party-offers-ethnic-attacks/

I'm not sure if this is parody...I've never seen this site before.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #487 on: June 27, 2008, 07:34:49 AM »

October 23, 2006

Barack Obama: The Visible Man

By Richard Baehr

Senator Barack Obama is on the cover of Time this week, with a love song portrait composed by Joe Klein, who last lost his heart with Bill Clinton. Obama, who is not running for anything this year, was on Tim Russert's Meet the Press show Sunday to tell the world that he might not complete his Senate term and is now considering running for President in 2008, despite his earlier assurances on Russert's show and elsewhere, that he had no such plans. For those who have climbed Mount Everest, jumping from Illinois State Senator in 2004, (after having been badly beaten as a  Congressional candidate) to President in 4 years might be an even steeper ascent.

Party label is really all that matters in terms of where to shine the spotlight.  And for partisans of the left or the Democratic Party (increasingly the same thing), keeping African American voters on their side of the ledger is of paramount importance. Black voters account for as much as 20% of the national Democratic Party vote. If they started seeing Republican candidates, black or white, as real alternatives, the Democrats' chance of achieving national majority party status would be doomed.  No Democrat has scored above 51% of the popular vote in a Presidential election since1964.  And only Jimmy Carter exceeded 50% (barely) in 1976, before registering an all—time low percentage of the popular vote  for an incumbent in 1980.

Obama: up from obscurity with help from the press

In 2004, then—State Senator Obama trailed badly in third place just weeks before the Democratic primary for the open Illinois US Senate seat being vacated by Peter Fitzgerald. The leader was investment banker Blair Hull, who had spent about $40 million on an ad campaign that got him name recognition and a big lead in the polls.

Then the Chicago Tribune peeked into his bedroom, and revealed that he was an alleged wife beater. Hull's campaign collapsed and most of his support swung to Obama, who was a poorly funded candidate going nowhere until the Tribune story destroyed Hull's candidacy.

Next, the Tribune released supposedly sealed divorce documents concerning Republican nominee Jack Ryan, revealing he was a bit too kinky in his sexual tastes for his former wife. Ryan pulled out of the race, and the Illinois Republican Party, true to its decade long death wish, nominated Alan Keyes to oppose Obama.  Suddenly, the unknown State Senator was now US Senator Obama with a smashing 71% share of the vote.

Of course, Obama  also got a boost from the Democratic National Committee which offered him a speech in prime time at the 2004 convention, that left network anchors gushing for this fresh face, and new talent.  For the record, Obama is smart, charismatic, personable, and even a decent writer.  Affirmative action may get you into Harvard, but will not get you to be an editor of the law review at Harvard Law School. There are many ways in which Obama would be a far more  interesting candidate than many of his Senate peers.  But as John McWhorter asks, would any of these attributes been enough to have gotten Obama where he is today, were he not black?

The media's love affair with Obama  has several dimensions. It is, to begin, the predictable white liberal guilt, gushing out to support a black candidate (so long as the candidate is a Democrat)  thereby demonstrating one's 'decency' and 'humanity'. But in the case of Obama, it might also be pragmatic; he might be the Democrat with the best chance to win.

And the media is tired of GOP rule, and tired most of all of President Bush. I sometimes think the national media most hates Bush because he drags them to Crawford, Texas, in the brutal heat  of August each year for his annual vacation. At least Bush's father took them to Kennebunkport, Maine for his vacations.

Forget Obama's stand on the issues. Does anybody know where he vacations?

http://www.americanthinker.com/2006/10/barack_obama_the_visible_man.html

Old news, but some interesting ideas.  Where does Barack Obama vacation? 

What are his dreams for the future?

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: June 28, 2008, 07:50:44 AM »

Obama and Michelle's dreams for the future are to have and to hold power, they both are so hungry for it.

I think it's likely Obama would love to vacation in Africa with his cronies there or........maybe with Scarlett Johansen ??? 

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: June 28, 2008, 01:04:20 PM »

Barack Obama’s position on the issues is very elusive. However … the real Obama’s ideology is revealed when you consider the Marxist, anti-American, racist, anti-Israel individuals/ organizations he has associated with in the past twenty years.

Americans … please do not pull that lever prior to researching who you deem worthy of the highest office in the land … the President of the United States of America.

Obama supports supreme court reversal of gun ban
Friday, June 27, 2008

Barack Obama intensified his campaign to appeal to voters on the life-and-death issues of the American heartland yesterday by stepping away from his past support for gun control …

“He ran to the left to get nominated, and he is running back to the centre in the general election,” said Larry Sabato, a politics expert at the University of Virginia. “You can call it flipflopping, or you can call it readjusting, or you can call it determined to win.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jun/27/barackobama.usa

++++++++++++++++

Transcript: Rev. Jeremiah Wright speech to National Press Club
April 28, 2008

REV. WRIGHT: … We both know that if Senator Obama did not say what he said, he would never get elected. Politicians say what they say and do what they do based on electability …

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-wrighttranscript-04282008,0,3593201.story?page=6

++++++++

Obama: ‘I’m a Pretty Darned Good Politician’
by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, April 16, 2008

… I’m a pretty darn good politician. And I can give a pretty good speech and I can connect and inspire the American people in ways that I think will become apparent.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/16/obama-im-a-pretty-darned-good-politician/

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: June 28, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »

Obama is travelling this summer to Israel.

if he is anywhere associated with anti-Israeli organisations/indivuals, Shin Bet won't let him in.
hard to fool the Shin Bet.

maybe when he is let in, some of you who buy into those guild by association smears might realize that this were baseless internet rumors.

copy-pasting over the blogosphere, forwarding e-mail chains has nothing to do with researching.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: June 28, 2008, 07:27:35 PM »

if he is anywhere associated with anti-Israeli organisations/indivuals, Shin Bet won't let him in.

maybe when he is let in, some of you who buy into those guild by association smears might realize that this were baseless internet rumors.

copy-pasting over the blogosphere, forwarding e-mail chains has nothing to do with researching.

Israel ... has graciously hosted leaders from nations all over the Middle East and Carribean ... leaders who have referred to Jews as Monkeys ... leaders who have stated that Israel has no right to exist in her God-given land ... leaders who have claimed that the Jews were behind 9/11 ...

caesu ... I do not have a clue what you are talking about and ... I do not appreciate the accusation.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: June 28, 2008, 08:45:43 PM »

BARACK OBAMA'S PALESTINIAN ASSOCIATIONS

Allies of Palestinians see a friend in Barack Obama
By Peter Wallsten, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
April 10, 2008

CHICAGO -- It was a celebration of Palestinian culture -- a night of music, dancing and a dash of politics. Local Arab Americans were bidding farewell to Rashid Khalidi, an internationally known scholar, critic of Israel and advocate for Palestinian rights, who was leaving town for a job in New York.

A special tribute came from Khalidi's friend and frequent dinner companion, the young state Sen. Barack Obama. Speaking to the crowd, Obama reminisced about meals prepared by Khalidi's wife, Mona, and conversations that had challenged his thinking.

His many talks with the Khalidis, Obama said, had been "consistent reminders to me of my own blind spots and my own biases. . . . It's for that reason that I'm hoping that, for many years to come, we continue that conversation -- a conversation that is necessary not just around Mona and Rashid's dinner table," but around "this entire world."

Today, five years later, Obama is a U.S. senator from Illinois who expresses a firmly pro-Israel view of Middle East politics, pleasing many of the Jewish leaders and advocates for Israel whom he is courting in his presidential campaign. The dinner conversations he had envisioned with his Palestinian American friend have ended. He and Khalidi have seen each other only fleetingly in recent years.

And yet the warm embrace Obama gave to Khalidi, and words like those at the professor's going-away party, have left some Palestinian American leaders believing that Obama is more receptive to their viewpoint than he is willing to say.

Their belief is not drawn from Obama's speeches or campaign literature, but from comments that some say Obama made in private and from his association with the Palestinian American community in his hometown of Chicago, including his presence at events where anger at Israeli and U.S. Middle East policy was freely expressed.

At Khalidi's 2003 farewell party, for example, a young Palestinian American recited a poem accusing the Israeli government of terrorism in its treatment of Palestinians and sharply criticizing U.S. support of Israel. If Palestinians cannot secure their own land, she said, "then you will never see a day of peace."

One speaker likened "Zionist settlers on the West Bank" to Osama bin Laden, saying both had been "blinded by ideology."

Obama adopted a different tone in his comments and called for finding common ground.  But his presence at such events, as he worked to build a political base in Chicago, has led some Palestinian leaders to believe that he might deal differently with the Middle East than either of his opponents for the White House.

"I am confident that Barack Obama is more sympathetic to the position of ending the occupation than either of the other candidates," said Hussein Ibish, a senior fellow for the American Task Force on Palestine, referring to the Israeli presence in the West Bank and Gaza Strip that began after the 1967 war. More than his rivals for the White House, Ibish said, Obama sees a "moral imperative" in resolving the conflict and is most likely to apply pressure to both sides to make concessions.

"That's my personal opinion," Ibish said, "and I think it for a very large number of circumstantial reasons, and what he's said."

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-obamamideast10apr10,0,5826085.story?page=1
________

Page 2:
Obama's willingness to befriend Palestinian Americans and to hear their views also impressed, and even excited, a community that says it does not often have the ear of the political establishment.

Among other community events, Obama in 1998 attended a speech by Edward Said, the late Columbia University professor and a leading intellectual in the Palestinian movement. According to a news account of the speech, Said called that day for a nonviolent campaign "against settlements, against Israeli apartheid."

The use of such language to describe Israel's policies has drawn vehement objection from Israel's defenders in the United States. A photo on the pro-Palestinian website the Electronic Intifada shows Obama and his wife, Michelle, engaged in conversation at the dinner table with Said, and later listening to Said's keynote address. Obama had taken an English class from Said as an undergraduate at Columbia University.

Ali Abunimah, a Palestinian rights activist in Chicago who helps run Electronic Intifada, said that he met Obama several times at Palestinian and Arab American community events. At one, a 2000 fundraiser at a private home, Obama called for the U.S. to take an "even-handed" approach toward Israel, Abunimah wrote in an article on the website last year. He did not cite Obama's specific criticisms.

Abunimah, in a Times interview and on his website, said Obama seemed sympathetic to the Palestinian cause but more circumspect as he ran for the U.S. Senate in 2004. At a dinner gathering that year, Abunimah said, Obama greeted him warmly and said privately that he needed to speak cautiously about the Middle East.

Abunimah quoted Obama as saying that he was sorry he wasn't talking more about the Palestinian cause, but that his primary campaign had constrained what he could say ...

In Chicago, one of Obama's friends was Khalidi, a highly visible figure in the Arab American community.

In the 1970s, when Khalidi taught at a university in Beirut, he often spoke to reporters on behalf of Yasser Arafat's Palestine Liberation Organization. In the early 1990s, he advised the Palestinian delegation during peace negotiations. Khalidi now occupies a prestigious professorship of Arab studies at Columbia.

He is seen as a moderate in Palestinian circles, having decried suicide bombings against civilians as a "war crime" and criticized the conduct of Hamas and other Palestinian leaders. Still, many of Khalidi's opinions are troubling to pro-Israel activists, such as his defense of Palestinians' right to resist Israeli occupation and his critique of U.S. policy as biased toward Israel.

While teaching at the University of Chicago, Khalidi and his wife lived in the Hyde Park neighborhood near the Obamas. The families became friends and dinner companions.

In 2000, the Khalidis held a fundraiser for Obama's unsuccessful congressional bid. The next year, a social service group whose board was headed by Mona Khalidi received a $40,000 grant from a local charity, the Woods Fund of Chicago, when Obama served on the fund's board of directors.

At Khalidi's going-away party in 2003, the scholar lavished praise on Obama, telling the mostly Palestinian American crowd that the state senator deserved their help in winning a U.S. Senate seat. "You will not have a better senator under any circumstances," Khalidi said.

<snipped>

One Jewish leader said he viewed Obama's outreach to Palestinian activists, such as Said, in the light of his relationship to Wright.

"In the context of spending 20 years in a church where now it is clear the anti-Israel rhetoric was there, was repeated, . . . that's what makes his presence at an Arab American event with a Said a greater concern," said Abraham H. Foxman, national director for the Anti-Defamation League.

peter.wallsten@latimes.com

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-obamamideast10apr10,0,5826085.story?page=2

++++++++

HATEM EL-HADY - FUNDRAISING FOR OBAMA - AFFORDED PAGE ON OBAMA'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Fundraiser's Web Page - Update: Terror Fundraiser's Page Disappears!
Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 6:52:41 am PST

Hatem El-Hady, former chairman of the Toledo-based Islamic charity Kindhearts (closed by the US government in 2006 for terrorist fundraising), has now devoted himself to raising money for the Barack Obama campaign.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/29729_Michelle_Obamas_Name_Removed_from_Terrorist_Fundraisers

++++++++

GAZA YOUNG PEOPLE - TELEPHONE CAMPAIGN

Are terrorists ‘phone banking’ for Barack? By Steve Gill, Friday, May 16, 2008 12:53 am
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2008 12:53 am

The Hamas endorsement of Obama is even more interesting when viewed against the backdrop of the group’s aggressive promotion of violence among young Palestinians in Gaza and in the context of a recent Al-Jazeera story about how young Palestinians in Gaza have banded together to call American voters at random asking them to vote for Obama! Rockets by night, Obama phone banks by day?

“It all started at the time of the U.S. primaries,” says the pro-Obama Palestinian organizer, 23-year-old Ibrahim Abu Jayyab. “After studying Obama’s electronic campaign manifesto I thought this is a man that’s capable of change inside of America. As for potential change in the Middle East, he can also do that if he can bring peace to the area. At least this is what we hope.” The Al-Jazeera television report can be viewed at www.youtube.com/watch?v=21YF7ggCG6g.

Obama’s campaign may argue that there is no apparent link between the young Palestinian men and the Hamas terrorist organization. But would anyone other than the Obama campaign seriously believe that young Palestinian men are allowed free and easy access to operate an internet phone bank in the impoverished and violent Gaza Strip without Hamas’ knowledge and approval?

The support that Obama is receiving from avowed terrorist enemies of America should bother him. The fact that it does not bother him should bother us even more than the fact that terrorists see something in him that they really like.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=60255

+++++++++++++

YOUNG PEOPLE IN GAZA - OBAMA TELEPHONE CAMPAIGN

Young people in GAZA and the Obama campaign
By Raad - Apr 1st, 2008 at 1:25 am EDT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21YF7ggCG6g

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/raadghantous/gGBx2S

++++++++++++++

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #493 on: June 28, 2008, 09:54:53 PM »

Israel ... has graciously hosted leaders from nations all over the Middle East and Carribean ... leaders who have referred to Jews as Monkeys ... leaders who have stated that Israel has no right to exist in her God-given land ... leaders who have claimed that the Jews were behind 9/11 ...

caesu ... I do not have a clue what you are talking about and ... I do not appreciate the accusation.

Janet

please, give me an example of such a leader of a nation.

not accusation directed at you.
but some people are busy with e-mail spamming around rumors.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/27/AR2008062703781.html?hpid=topnews

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: June 28, 2008, 10:56:40 PM »

In January you will see Barack Obama take the oath of office.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: June 29, 2008, 08:02:29 PM »

What guilt by association smears?  Who is Obama associated with?  Who has he associated with in the past?  Why would this be a problem?

I generally do not forward e-mail chains.

Does Shin Bet have a choice or voice in the matter?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #496 on: June 29, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »

You may be correct. 

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: June 29, 2008, 11:02:23 PM »

What guilt by association smears?  Who is Obama associated with?  Who has he associated with in the past?  Why would this be a problem?

I generally do not forward e-mail chains.

Does Shin Bet have a choice or voice in the matter?

i mean all the smears that say that he is marxist, racist, anti-american.
and the reason given is that he came within a certain distance of someone who might have ideas.
that would disqualify anyone if that standard was used for any candidate or former president.

and Shin Bet keeps regularly persons with so called anti-israel views out of that country.
recently Norman Finkelstein, a jew, was banned from israel.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #498 on: June 29, 2008, 11:06:14 PM »

You may be correct. 

it looks like it. McCain is dropping in the polls faster now.
if only Obama would have run in 2004. he would have had so much more chance to beat Bush.
we know now, that it probably would have saved so many lives and treasure. to name only two things.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: June 29, 2008, 11:37:07 PM »

You may be correct. 

it looks like it. McCain is dropping in the polls faster now.
if only Obama would have run in 2004. he would have had so much more chance to beat Bush.
we know now, that it probably would have saved so many lives and treasure. to name only two things.

There is no way to predict what might have been...

Alternatively ~

Obama may lost. 

He may have lost and decided not to run in 2008. 

He may have won and saved lives.

He may have won and cost the country more lives and treasure.

He may have won, and the loss of lives and treasure may have been the same. 

Some things are speculation.  jmho

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.