June 03, 2024, 10:51:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Is Race the Issue?"  (Read 110063 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #320 on: June 02, 2008, 08:45:33 PM »

The fact is that Obama WILL be the next president. Nothing you can say will change destiny/fate. 

Perfect timing. Good one.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2008, 09:37:57 PM »

BTW,  I forgot to add.  Obama, is not necessarily winning the popular vote, he's winning delegates, which really pisses me off! 

Al Gore won the popular vote and Bush got the delegate vote (by nefarious means).

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: June 03, 2008, 12:12:59 AM »

Jeremiah Wright's church receives 15 million dollars from the American taxpayers but shout from the pulpit ... "God damn America" and ... the congregation gives him a standing ovation.

Janet

++++++++++++

Obama’s Ex-Church Has Won $15M in Federal Grant Money
by FOXNews.com
Monday, June 2, 2008

Across America seven days a week, parents drop their kids at day care centers, which are supported by funding from the federal government.

But what makes one facility noteworthy in inner city Chicago is that it’s run by Trinity United Church of Christ. It’s the same church whose former head pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, drew widespread scrutiny after he cursed the U.S. government for its treatment of African-Americans.

FOX News has learned that over the last 15 years, Trinity has received at least $15 million in grants from the federal government — in other words, taxpayer money.

<snipped>

DePaul University journalism professor Laura Washington, who specializes in race and politics, said Wright is a hypocrite for taking money from the government.

“On the one hand, he says, ‘God damn America’ and he says America is responsible for all the ills in the black community. On the other hand, he’s taking money from the same community he’s crucifying,” Washington said.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/02/obamas-ex-church-has-won-15m-in-federal-grant-money/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2008, 12:30:15 AM »

Obama Explains Why He Quit Church
June 01, 2008 4:54 AM

ABC News' Sunlen Miller Reports: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., held a long press availability in Aberdeen, South Dakota Saturday night to discuss his resignation from Trinity United church.

"Michelle and I told Rev Otis Moss that we were withdrawing as members of Trinity. It's a decision that Michelle and I had discussed for quite some time after the National Press Club episode. I had discussed it with Rev. Moss. We had prayed on it. We had consulted with a number of friends and family members who are also connected to the church. And so this is not decision I come to lightly, and frankly it is one that I make with some sadness," Obama said in prepared remarks.

Obama praised the current pastor of Trinity, Rev. Moss and said that he continues to admire the work that Rev. Jeremiah Wright did in building up the church.

He insisted that Trinity itself is not a church worth denouncing. "I'm not denouncing the church and I'm not interested in people who want me to denounce the church, because it's not a church worthy of denouncing, and so if they've seen caricatures of the church and except those caricatures despite my insistence that that's not what the church is about, then there's not much I can do about it."

But the presidential candidate made clear that because of the scrutiny that some of the people at the church have been subjected to because of his association with Trinity that seperatation from the church is best for all parties involved.

"It's clear that now that I'm a candidate for president, every time something is said in the church by anyone associated with Trinity including guest pastors, the remarks will be imputed to me even if they totally conflict with my long held views, statements and principles. We obviously saw an example of that in the recent statements by Father Pfleger, who is somebody who I've know, who I consider a friend, who has done tremendous work in Chicago but made offensive statements that have no place in our politics and in the pulpit that unfairly mocked and characterized Senator Clinton in ways that I think are unacceptable."

Obama said Trinity has suffered with the controversies: sighting news organizations harassing members, and picking at the current sermons, "It's not fair to the other members of the church who seek to worship in peace.

Obama said that had the letter he wrote not been leaked he would have just made a simple statement about their resignation, in an attempt to minimize the fallout.

"This was a pretty personal decision and I wasn't trying to make political theater out of it."

Obama said he sat down with his wife and had a long conversation about the future of their relationship with the church, a conservation that started back in April and continued with the recent Pfleger controversy, "My suspicion at that time, and Michelle shared this concern, it was going to be very difficult to maintain membership there so long as I was running for president. The recent episode with Father Pfleger just reinforced that."

Obama said that at the start of the campaign he never would have expected this much scrutiny to be put on his faith, "which we knew there was going to be some things that we didn’t see coming, this was one. You know I did not anticipate my fairly conventional Christian faith being subject to such challenge and such scrutiny. Initially with emails suggesting that I was a Muslim, later with you know the controversy that trinity generated."

Obama made clear the search for a new church would not be easy, and he insinuated his family is not in a rush to settle on one.

"Michelle and I, our lives are fairly unsettled right now. We don't know how this nomination is going to go; we don't know how the remainder of this election is going to go. I am traveling all the time anyway, so I am gone of Sundays often times, so probably wont make a firm decision on this until January where when we know what our lives are going to be like," Obama said and added that they will visit other churches in Chicago in the meantime.

"The important thing is I'm not going to approach it with the view of figuring our how to avoid political problems. That’s not the role of church." Obama said repeatedly.

Obama said in no way is his faith being tested by this split, "my faith is not contingent on the particular church that I belong to. I don't think that I'm going through a religious test."

Obama said that God will lead his family to the right church, "This is where you trust in God's will. I assume that he will lead us to a place where we can worship him and do good work but it does raise an important point.

Obama made a larger point about the need for separation between a candidates thoughts and words and that of what is preached from their church, "My hope would be that any presidential candidate can go to a church and hear a sermon and even hear some controversial statements without those views being imputed to him and subjected to the same exacting political tests that a presidential candidate or that presidential candidate statements would be. Now we’ll see how this works out going forward."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/06/

++++++++++++++

REV. MOSS, FATHER PFLEGER AND TUCC CONGREGATION

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=65625

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2008, 01:07:31 AM »

This is the guy who Barack Obama wants to sit down an talk with.  As Ahmadinejad is on a mission to annihilate Israel and ... destroy the structure of America as we know it ... only a president with aligning ideologies ... only a president who promised "change" ...

Janet

++++++++++++++

Ahmadinejad Calls U.S. 'Satanic,' Israel 'About to Die'
Monday, June 02, 2008

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad predicted that Muslims would uproot “satanic powers” and reaffirmed his prediction that the Jewish state will soon be wiped off the map, the Agence France-Presse news agency reported Monday.

"I must announce that the Zionist regime (Israel), with a 60-year record of genocide, plunder, invasion and betrayal is about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene," Ahmadinejad said.

"Today, the time for the fall of the satanic power of the United States has come and the countdown to the annihilation of the emperor of power and wealth has started," the hard-line president said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,361705,00.html

_____

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2008, 06:43:06 AM »

Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger is backing Sen. John McCain in the 2008 race for the White House.

Now there is a man I admire, Henry Kissinger!!!

You have sunk to an all time low, touting the fact that Bruce Springstien is an Obama supporter. 

With every post, I am reassured the I am "good company" endorsing Mc Cain.  While you have named almost every low-life in the American public!!

Seems as though Bruce Springstien is making his own choice and you're angry because I found the information for everyone to read.

I am sorry that you feel so hostile towards me and about anyone who claims they are supporters for Obama.

Trying to negate truth by continually making mis-statements or accusing icons of being low-lifes is not really meaningful in a discussion. It negates anything positive you may have to contribute.

Not angry at all!!  I fell sorry for anyone who holds Bruce Springstein up as an "icon"!!  And anyone who looks to the entertainment world for political endorsements, rather than the intelligent and experienced.

And BTW, Froggie, I do not hate you, BUT I have lost ALL respect for you since you "mis-quoted" me, by totally taking out of context one of my posts and trying to turn people against me on another forum...  Talk about "mis-information", you tried to lie to that forum about me by "misrepresenting" my words, and you accused me here of giving "mis-information" about Obama....while that is what you continue to do.  He was dumped by his mother, when he was TEN, in Hawaii, and there he continued his education for several years.  
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2008, 06:47:11 AM »

Actually, Springstein, is a good musician, if that's your taste.....Holding him up as ans "icon" in the political arena is JUST BIZARRE   ::MonkeyLaugh::
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2008, 01:26:08 PM »

It is not over untill it is over and ... then the battle on the road to the White House begins.

It is going to be a long hot summer ... on the Campaign trail and ... on the Scared Monkey's forum.

Janet

++++++++++++++++

Clinton Camp Battles Reports That She Will Throw in the Towel on Primary Night
by FOXNews.com
Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hillary Clinton’s campaign battled reports that she plans to concede the Democratic primary race Tuesday evening, but left the door open for what will happen come Wednesday morning.

The Associated Press reported that once the final South Dakota and Montana primaries wrap up Tuesday, Clinton will concede that Barack Obama has enough delegates to stake claim to the nomination.

The report came as Obama steadily picked up superdelegates and inched ever closer to securing a hard-fought delegate primary victory over Clinton.

But it’s unclear whether Obama will have enough to put him over the top Tuesday night.

The Clinton campaign issued an immediate denial to the AP story.

“The AP story is incorrect. Senator Clinton will not concede the nomination this evening,” the campaign’s statement reads.

Aides told FOX News that the only concession Clinton will make Tuesday night is that Obama “has a slight lead in the delegate count.”

They said Clinton plans to claim she has won the popular vote, and is working up a victory-type speech for her address in New York City.

“She is definitely not conceding tonight,” a senior aide working with Clinton on her speech told FOX News.

“She is in this race until we have a nominee. We do not expect there to be one tonight,” Clinton spokesman Mo Elleithee said.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/03/obama-poised-for-victory-as-clinton-weighs-options/

Clinton not ready to concede race, her campaign chair says
June 3, 2008

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton's is "absolutely not" prepared to concede the race for the Democratic presidential nomination to Sen. Barack Obama, her campaign chairman said.

Terry McAuliffe rejected as "100 percent" incorrect an Associated Press report that Clinton is preparing to acknowledge that Obama has the delegates to win the nomination Tuesday night as the five-month Democratic primary process comes to a close.

Obama "doesn't have the numbers today, and until someone has the numbers the race goes on," McAuliffe told CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/03/election.democrats/index.html

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2008, 05:12:41 PM »

i can't wait for the first obama / mccain debate.
when will the first one be? after the conventions of course.
so somewhere in september i guess?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2008, 05:35:30 PM »

Ahmadinejad Calls U.S. 'Satanic,' Israel 'About to Die'
Monday, June 02, 2008

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad predicted that Muslims would uproot “satanic powers” and reaffirmed his prediction that the Jewish state will soon be wiped off the map, the Agence France-Presse news agency reported Monday.

"I must announce that the Zionist regime (Israel), with a 60-year record of genocide, plunder, invasion and betrayal is about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene," Ahmadinejad said.

"Today, the time for the fall of the satanic power of the United States has come and the countdown to the annihilation of the emperor of power and wealth has started," the hard-line president said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,361705,00.html

+++++++++++++

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/03/obama-poised-for-victory-as-clinton-weighs-options/comment-page-1/#comments

Comment by stan
June 3rd, 2008 at 7:57 am
Ahmadinejad predicts the demise of Israel and the fall of the United States. Bet he predicts the election of Obama first.

_____

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #330 on: June 03, 2008, 08:58:36 PM »

SO i guess obama will just give mackmood (sp) a call and he won't feel like we need to be wiped off the face of the earth?

I tend  think there is no talking anymore....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: June 03, 2008, 08:59:49 PM »

Hi Di

Did you receive DEAD HEAD by Joel Rosenberg yet?  Please go the the anti-Christ thread and read my suggestion and ... let me know what you think.

Thanks

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: June 03, 2008, 09:09:33 PM »

SO i guess obama will just give mackmood (sp) a call and he won't feel like we need to be wiped off the face of the earth?

mrs. red

This capital C Conservative Canadian would rather not have a liberal administration across the border.  However ... the democratic process will determine the will of the people.

I contend that Obama winning the Democratic nomination is a very good thing.

A random CNN poll suggested that it would be to McCain's advantage if his contender was Obama.

Apparently ... if Hillary was the contender Obama's supporters would cast their ballots for Hillary but ... it was determined if Obama was the contender ... many of Hillary supporters are leary of the far left Obama and ... would vote for McCain.

Am I making sense?

Janet

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: June 03, 2008, 09:17:25 PM »

latest Gallup poll Obama is leading McCain by 5%.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

interesting to see how much the lead will increase when the Hillary crowd comes behind him too.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2008, 09:43:13 PM »

I want to congratulate all American voters on their ability to see beyond race. Now we know race is NOT the issue.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2008, 09:56:48 PM »

I want to congratulate all American voters on their ability to see beyond race. Now we know race is NOT the issue.

Race has never been the issue as far Tamikosmom is concern ... it has always been about the perceived ideology of Barack Obama when you consider his Marxist, racist, anti-American associates over the past twenty years ... associates that would have taken Tamikosmom very little time to figure out and ... disassociate herself without feeling "sadness".

Janet

++++++++++++

Obama Explains Why He Quit Church
June 01, 2008 4:54 AM

ABC News' Sunlen Miller Reports: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., held a long press availability in Aberdeen, South Dakota Saturday night to discuss his resignation from Trinity United church.

"Michelle and I told Rev Otis Moss that we were withdrawing as members of Trinity. It's a decision that Michelle and I had discussed for quite some time after the National Press Club episode. I had discussed it with Rev. Moss. We had prayed on it. We had consulted with a number of friends and family members who are also connected to the church. And so this is not decision I come to lightly, and frankly it is one that I make with some sadness," Obama said in prepared remarks.

Obama praised the current pastor of Trinity, Rev. Moss and said that he continues to admire the work that Rev. Jeremiah Wright did in building up the church.

He insisted that Trinity itself is not a church worth denouncing. "I'm not denouncing the church and I'm not interested in people who want me to denounce the church, because it's not a church worthy of denouncing, and so if they've seen caricatures of the church and except those caricatures despite my insistence that that's not what the church is about, then there's not much I can do about it."

But the presidential candidate made clear that because of the scrutiny that some of the people at the church have been subjected to because of his association with Trinity that seperatation from the church is best for all parties involved.

"It's clear that now that I'm a candidate for president, every time something is said in the church by anyone associated with Trinity including guest pastors, the remarks will be imputed to me even if they totally conflict with my long held views, statements and principles. We obviously saw an example of that in the recent statements by Father Pfleger, who is somebody who I've know, who I consider a friend, who has done tremendous work in Chicago but made offensive statements that have no place in our politics and in the pulpit that unfairly mocked and characterized Senator Clinton in ways that I think are unacceptable."

Obama said Trinity has suffered with the controversies: sighting news organizations harassing members, and picking at the current sermons, "It's not fair to the other members of the church who seek to worship in peace.

<snipped>

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/06/

_____

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #336 on: June 03, 2008, 10:05:34 PM »

Not So Fast, Barack
INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY

Posted 6/3/2008

A careful reading of the transcript of Obama's press conference over the weekend reveals that he neither denounced his church nor permanently quit it. He twice left open the door to rejoining Trinity United Church of Christ after the election.

He said he and his wife merely decided "it was going to be very difficult to continue our membership there so long as I was running for president."

But there's nothing "conventional" about Obama's church. It adheres to a radical doctrine that marries black nationalism with Christianity and believes white America is the centrum of evil in the world. It not only deserves further scrutiny, it screams for it.

Obama, a lawyer, is very clever about crafting his denials. He claims he never heard Wright's splenetic sermons while sitting in "the pews."

What about in the church's two overflow rooms in the bowels of the building, where latecomers sit on folding chairs and watch a TV broadcast of the service? Did he ever hear his sermons via streaming Internet broadcasts or via the DVDs sold at the church gift shop? We don't know. Nobody has asked him.

Cone's protege is Dwight Hopkins, who teaches black theology classes at Obama's church that include harangues against "U.S. capitalism's oppressive character." Did Obama ever hear Hopkins speak? Did he ever take a class taught by him?

These are just a few of the questions left unasked by the media and unanswered by the presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

The media failed to adequately vet Bill Clinton, and look what the electorate got. History is repeating itself now with Obama, and the country could end up with something far worse.

http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=297384729501947

How does anyone separate the races?  Guidelines?  Genetic testing?  A color chart perhaps?  Who decides?

Is it possible to cut out and discard the bits and pieces we dislike in ourselves and in others?

If some don't like it in the melting pot, where's the open door welcoming them home?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #337 on: June 03, 2008, 10:18:02 PM »

BTW,  I forgot to add.  Obama, is not necessarily winning the popular vote, he's winning delegates, which really pisses me off! 

Al Gore won the popular vote and Bush got the delegate vote (by nefarious means).

Though I'm glad Bush made it, it still doesn't make it right.  A democratic election, should be by the people, for the people.  Popular vote, not Delegates or Super-Delegates.  It makes no sense, what's the point of voting?  I don't need some delegate to decide my candidate for me!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #338 on: June 03, 2008, 10:21:46 PM »

Hi Di

Did you receive DEAD HEAD by Joel Rosenberg yet?  Please go the the anti-Christ thread and read my suggestion and ... let me know what you think.

Thanks

Janet

No, not yet!  Hopefully tomorrow!   I'll peak at the other thread again.  Last time I looked, it appeared to be a lively discussion. Wink

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #339 on: June 03, 2008, 10:24:05 PM »

Oh Mrs. REd, you must have missed that memo!      As I sit here and listen to Obama accept his nomination and sit in fear of our future......  Sad    I'm sure Al-quada, mackmood and others are rejoicing right now.  We still have one more hurdle to jump!  Let's get it right!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.