June 03, 2024, 10:22:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Is Race the Issue?"  (Read 110061 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: May 26, 2008, 09:47:44 PM »

Auntiem ... I do not consider my time a waste when I research any topic.  I consider it a learning experience.

However ... if the truth is known ... it is eldest son and wife who are into the "real" Obama Barack and ... they have got me going.  The emails back and forth with sharing infomation pertaining to this topic ... have been ongoing for almost a month and ... I have been sharing a lot of that research on this thread.

D. and S. are even in touch with a Republican senator who is truly impressed with their research.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: May 27, 2008, 03:44:05 PM »

When it comes to Obama and the company he has kept over the past twenty years ... it is always the race card ... the race card the points the finger at Whites.  However ... there were other injustices in the history of America.  Women were discriminated against in the workplace ... at the voting both ... Japanese Americans were interned in name of Homeland Security without compensation during the Second World War ...  Chinese immigrants were changed a head tax which was not imposed upon White immigrants ....

But ... Obama brings up only the civil rights movement.  Hey ... I believe most are aware and have learned from these injustices of the past and have ... moved on.  Most have moved on to today where an American citizen of African descent is in the running for the highest position in the land ... THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Janet

++++++++++

Transcript Of Obama's Wesleyan Commencement Address
POSTED: 12:43 pm EDT May 25, 2008

I was born the year that his brother John called a generation of Americans to ask their country what they could do. And I came of age at a time when they did it. They were the Peace Corps volunteers who won a generation of goodwill toward America at a time when America’s ideals were challenged. They were the teenagers and college students, not much older than you, who watched the Civil Rights Movement unfold on their television sets; who saw the dogs and the fire hoses and the footage of marchers beaten within an inch or their lives; who knew it was probably smarter and safer to stay at home, but still decided to take those Freedom Rides down south – who still decided to march. And because they did, they changed the world.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/16389467/detail.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #222 on: May 27, 2008, 05:22:00 PM »

Rush Limbaugh urges vote for Obama
Rush Limbaugh said Wednesday he really wants Sen. Barack Obama to be the party's nominee.

Kermit

Rush Limbaugh does not support Barack Obama.  However ... he does feel if Barack Obama is chosen as the nominee for the Democractic Party ... it will increase the chances that McCain will be elected the next President of the United States in the November.

On CNN the other day ... a political strategic revealed that the results of a random poll indictated that ... if Obama was the nominee and ... considering the Republic nominee's is just right of center in his most of his positions ... the majority of Clinton supporters would cast their ballots for McCain rather than Obama in November.  However ... if Clinton was the nominee ... the majority of Obama supporters would cast their default vote for Clinton.

This is why Rush Limbaugh ... a Republican through and through ... is hoping that Barack Obama is the successful nominee to lead the Democracts.

Janet

+++++++++++++++

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_052308/content/01125114.guest.html

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_051608/content/01125112.guest.html

RUSH LIMBAUGH NOW "BACKS" OBAMA

Rush Limbaugh said Wednesday it's Barack Obama who he really wants to be the party's nominee.

" Limbaugh, among the most powerful voices in conservative radio, said on his program. "I now urge the Democrat supereldegates to make your mind up and publicly go for Obama."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/08/rush-limbaugh-now-backs-o_n_100759.html
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2008, 05:25:20 PM »

PASTORS WHO BACK MCCAIN

Rod Parsley endorses McCain
Rod Parsley Pastor called "Islam is an anti-Christ religion" and " the Prophet Muhammad "the mouthpiece of a conspiracy of spiritual evil."

Pastor John Hagee endorses McCain:
John Hagee has been criticized as anti-Catholic, but McCain rejected his endorsement only after a Web site unearthed a sermon Hagee gave portraying Hitler as a tool God used to deliver Jews to the promised land.

The difference ...

John McCain was not a member of Hagee and Parsley's church for twenty years.  John McCain did not have a personal relationship with Hagee and Parsley.  When the controversial views of Hagee and Parsley ... which are embraced by many evangelical Christians ... were recently exposed ... McCain made the decision to distanced himself from the endorsements these two Pastors.

Barack Obama was a member Trinity United which has a foundation based on the "Black Power; Black Theology" authored by James Cone.  Also Barack Obama had a twenty year relationship with the Pastor of Trinity United.  He afforded Jeremiah Wright the honor of officiating at his marriage and ... baptising his beautiful daughters.  Obama afforded Wright a position of "spiritual advisor" of his campaign.  The distancing of Jeremiah Wright did not occur until the media exposed the racist, anti-American rantings that were preached from the pulpit of Trinity United and applauded by the thousands in his congregation ... the distancing did not occur until January, 2008.

At this time Barack Obama made the decision to distance himself from the endorsement of Louis Farrakhan ... the racist, anti-American leader of the Nation of Islam and ... Hatem El-Hady ... former chairman of the Toledo-based Islamic charity Kindhearts ... which was closed by the US government in 2006 for terrorist fundraising.  El-Hadd had been afforded a link on Obama campaign website.

Janet

Did your congregation ever support another church or entity of which you went along with, perhaps?

Barack Obama already publically stated he did not know of his pastor's personal beliefs until he was spouting them on TV during his campaigning.

My point is, not everyone knows everything about their church leaders and perhaps people should be outraged and get rid of that pastor rather then using it as some mechanism to place racism into the campaign.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2008, 05:27:53 PM »

Tomika, why are you wasting so much time and energy.........don't you realize that you are preaching to the choir??????  Kermie, made a joke!!!!! He KNOWS Limbaugh!!

I do not know that weirdo.

Pssst, btw, CIA really do wear earpieces like Dick Tracy.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2008, 05:29:35 PM »

PASTORS WHO BACK MCCAIN

Rod Parsley endorses McCain

Rod Parsley Pastor called "Islam is an anti-Christ religion" and " the Prophet Muhammad "the mouthpiece of a conspiracy of spiritual evil."

By George, I believe that Pastor Parsley is on to something!!!!  ::MonkeyDance::

McCain may choose Mitt Romney as his running mate.

How will this affect your vote?

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2008, 05:47:01 PM »

McCain fortune traced to organized crime
Mob figures later implicated in Arizona savings and loan scandal

Posted: February 26, 2008
9:29 pm Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Sen. John McCain

John McCain's personal fortune traces back to organized crime in Arizona, through his father-in-law, according to a report published by a multi-news agency team called Investigative Reporters and Editors Inc.

IRE reporters Amy Silverman and John Doherty, writing in the Phoenix New Times, note that the father of McCain's wife, James Hensley, was convicted by a federal jury in U.S. District Court of Arizona in March 1948 on seven counts of filing false liquor records. Hensley also was charged with conspiracy to hide from federal authorities the names of persons involved in a liquor industry racket with two companies he managed, United Sales Company in Phoenix and United Distributors in Tucson.

The umbrella company, United Liquor, at that time held a  monopoly in Arizona, organized and managed by Kemper Marley, who was accused of mob ties by a reporter who was murdered in 1977.

Silverman and Doherty report that by 1955, Hensley had launched a Budweiser distributorship in Phoenix, "a franchise reportedly bestowed upon him by Marley, who was never indicted in the 1948 liquor-law-violation case – or a subsequent one – despite his controlling role in the liquor distribution businesses."
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=57354

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: May 27, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »

race is apparently not so much the issue in Montana.

Obama leads Clinton by 52 percent to 35 percent among likely Democratic voters, with 13 percent undecided in the poll, which was taken May 19-21.

http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2008/05/25/news/state/26-statepoll_s.txt

so now Hillary has a problem with "hard-working white people". 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »

1.  Did your congregation ever support another church or entity of which you went along with, perhaps?

2.  Barack Obama already publically stated he did not know of his pastor's personal beliefs until he was spouting them on TV during his campaigning.

3.  My point is, not everyone knows everything about their church leaders and perhaps people should be outraged and get rid of that pastor rather then using it as some mechanism to place racism into the campaign.

1.  I do not know the political affiliations of very many members of my congregation and ... very few know mine.  Our church does not vote as a block.  The only advice from the pulpit is encourgement for each of the congregation members to cast an informed ballot.  I personally research each of the candidate who are running for office locally, provincially or nationally.  I attend candidate meetings and ask challenging questions or ... I delegate that job to my hubby. LOL  The candidate who "most closely" reflects "my" take on the issues has my vote.

2.  Barack Obama lied in January, 2008 when he stated to the American people that he was only just becomes aware of the racist anti-American philosophy of his pastor/ mentor/ friend for the past twenty years.  In DREAMS OF MY FATHER ... Obama authors in his own words that he was fully aware of Jeremiah Wright's controversial positions on race and America.  Obama also states in his own words that he was introduced at that first meeting with Jeremiah Wright to the "Black Power; Black Theology" of James Cone whose writings formed the foundation of the ministry at Trinity United.

3.  Obama had twenty years to express outrage and ... walk out of the church and ... disassociate himself with Jeremiah Wright.  He did not do that until the media exposed the rantings of Jeremiah Wright and ... the Marxist ideology of James Cone whose writings formed the foundation of the ministry at Trinity United.

I want to make it clear ... it is deception that I hate.  If Barack Obama ran as a candidate who adheres to a Marxist philosophy ... so be it.  However ... a "wolf in sheep's clothing" implies that many Americans will be casting an uninformed vote regarding their candidate of chose.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2008, 08:03:14 PM »

On May 25, 2008 in his speech to the graduates at Wesleyan University ... Barack Obama honored his mother.  I would have been sincerely impressed but ... considering his dishonoring words in his first printing in 1995 of DREAMS OF MY FATHER ... I regarded Obama as very deceiving ... dishonest.  He was not being true to himself ... he was speaking as a politician.

Janet

++++++++

Transcript Of Obama's Wesleyan Commencement Address
POSTED: 12:43 pm EDT May 25, 2008

But during my first two years of college, perhaps because the values my mother had taught me – hard work, honesty, empathy – had resurfaced after a long hibernation; or perhaps because of the example of wonderful teachers and lasting friends ...

http://www.wfsb.com/news/16389467/detail.html

IN HIS OWN WORDS

Dreams of My Father: “I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race”.

Dreams of My Father: “I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites”

Dreams of my Father: One line in Malcolm X’s autobiography “spoke” to Obama “it stayed with me,” he says. “He spoke of a wish he’d once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged.”

Transcript: Rev. Jeremiah Wright speech to National Press Club
April 28, 2008

REV. WRIGHT: ... We both know that if Senator Obama did not say what he said, he would never get elected. Politicians say what they say and do what they do based on electability, based on sound bites, based on polls -- Huffington, whoever's doing the polls. Preachers say what they say because they are pastors. They have a different person to whom they're accountable.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-wrighttranscript-04282008,0,3593201.story?page=6

Obama: ‘I’m a Pretty Darned Good Politician’
by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, April 16, 2008

... I’m a pretty darn good politician. And I can give a pretty good speech and I can connect and inspire the American people in ways that I think will become apparent.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/16/obama-im-a-pretty-darned-good-politician/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2008, 09:38:53 PM »

Barack Obama is suddenly very proud the White side of his family ... a postion that he has not always held or ... is he just being "pretty darn good politician".

Janet

+++++++++++

Obama Campaign Scrambles to Correct the Record on Uncle’s War Service
by FOXNews.com
Tuesday, May 27, 2008

“Senator Obama’s family is proud of the service of his grandfather and uncles in World War II — especially the fact that his great uncle was a part of liberating one of the concentration camps at Buchenwald,” Obama spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/27/recollection-of-obama-familys-service-missing-key-details/#comment-385343

IN HIS OWN WORDS

Dreams of My Father: “I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race”.

Dreams of My Father: “I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites”

Dreams Of My Father: “I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself..”.

Dreams of my Father: One line in Malcolm X’s autobiography “spoke” to Obama “it stayed with me,” he says. “He spoke of a wish he’d once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged.

Obama: ‘I’m a Pretty Darned Good Politician’
by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, April 16, 2008

... I’m a pretty darn good politician. And I can give a pretty good speech and I can connect and inspire the American people in ways that I think will become apparent.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/16/obama-im-a-pretty-darned-good-politician/

_____

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2008, 09:46:10 PM »

race is apparently not so much the issue in Montana.

Obama leads Clinton by 52 percent to 35 percent among likely Democratic voters, with 13 percent undecided in the poll, which was taken May 19-21.

http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2008/05/25/news/state/26-statepoll_s.txt

so now Hillary has a problem with "hard-working white people". 

What is known of Montana?  Democratic or Republican state?

From the Wiki @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana

In recent years, Montana has been classified as a Republican-leaning state, and the state supported President George W. Bush by a wide margin in 2000 and 2004. However, since the 2000 reapportionment plan went into effect in 2004 the state currently has a Democratic governor (Brian Schweitzer), elected in 2004. In the 2006 midterm elections, Democratic candidate Jon Tester narrowly defeated (by only 3000 votes) incumbent Republican Senator Conrad Burns [1],one of several crucial races that allowed the Democratic Party to win the majority in the U.S. Senate. Montana's lone US Representative, Republican Denny Rehberg, easily won reelection. The state Senate is (as of 2007) controlled by the Democrats and the State House of Representatives is controlled by the Republicans.

As of 2006, Montana has an estimated population of 997,670...

The economy is primarily based on agriculture--wheat, barley, sugar beets, oats, rye, seed potatoes, honey, cherries, cattle and sheep ranching -- and significant lumber and mineral extraction (gold, coal, silver, talc, and vermiculite).[citation needed] Tourism is also important to the economy with millions of visitors a year to Glacier National Park, Flathead Lake, the Missouri River headwaters, the site of the Battle of Little Bighorn and three of the five entrances to Yellowstone National Park.

Interesting place Montana...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: May 27, 2008, 10:11:08 PM »

The race of a candidate is no concern of mine.  I have been in an interracial marriage for almost 43 years.

However ... a candidate's character and ideology is where it is at.  If research reveals that a candidate is not being forthright to the electorate in regards to the ideology he embraces ... I believe that it is crucial that the deceit is exposed prior to votes being cast.

If the combination of Obama's racist words in DREAMS OF MY FATHER; his twenty years relationship with a pastor and financial support of his ministry which is based on the racist writing of James Cone; his long time relationship with Marxist associates; and ... his connections with charities which are covers for Palestinian terrorist ... are not an issue with the American voters ... then so be it.

Awareness is where it is at ... an informed vote is where it is at.

Janet

_____

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2008, 10:17:41 PM »

I agree Janet, race is of no concern... it's the actual person that I am voting for or against.

Having said that... If McCain picks Romney.. I would be pretty happy .... I don't have any issue with Romney... hell, I see what he did for my neighboring state and the buyer's remorse they have now.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2008, 11:08:55 PM »

mrs. Red ... it appears if you post anything against the ideology of the character of Barack Obama in this thread ... the implication is that you are a racist.

What other candidate is not open to scrutiny?  Why is Barack Obama off limited?  Why is the truth being stiffled?

Vice President?  I have yet to go there.  This Canadian is stuck in the twilight zone regarding the Barack Obama issue.

As an "C"onservative Canadian neighbour ... it is a my desire that a liberal not be elected as President of the United States.  However ... the democractic process will determine the will of the people.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Janet

++++++++

Things You Can't Say About Obama 
May 16, 2008

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_051608/content/01125112.guest.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: May 28, 2008, 03:51:17 PM »

In Canada … unlike the US … there is only one day set aside in November to honor both Veterans and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.

However … I have learned that in May each year … a day set aside to honor those who paid that ultimate sacrifice and … another day is set aside in November for veterans.

Obviously … Obama was not aware of the difference. However … according to his official website … he is now. History was forever changed in regards to his Memorial Speech of 2008 by utilization of the “delete” key of the computer.

I contend that ANY candidate running for President of one of the  greatest democracy on the face of the earth should be aware of the significance of the countries National holidays.

No ... race is not the issue.

ELECTION 2008
Can Obama see dead people?
Posted: May 27, 2008
4:22 pm Eastern

Obama began his speech yesterday stating:

“On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes – and I see many of them in the audience here today – our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.”

But Obama’s line about seeing fallen heroes in the audience was removed from a transcript posted on his website by his official campaign blogger, Sam Graham-Felson.

“On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes, our sense of patriotism is particularly strong,” reads the campaign transcript.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=65449

++++++++++++++++++

OBAMA’S OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Obama on Memorial Day: “Their lives are a model for us all”
By Sam Graham-Felsen - May 26th, 2008 at 4:00 pm EDT

On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes, our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/samgrahamfelsen/gGB74D

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: May 28, 2008, 04:36:54 PM »

The race of a candidate is no concern of mine.  I have been in an interracial marriage for almost 43 years.

However ... a candidate's character and ideology is where it is at.  If research reveals that a candidate is not being forthright to the electorate in regards to the ideology he embraces ... I believe that it is crucial that the deceit is exposed prior to votes being cast.

If the combination of Obama's racist words in DREAMS OF MY FATHER; his twenty years relationship with a pastor and financial support of his ministry which is based on the racist writing of James Cone; his long time relationship with Marxist associates; and ... his connections with charities which are covers for Palestinian terrorist ... are not an issue with the American voters ... then so be it.

Awareness is where it is at ... an informed vote is where it is at.

Janet

book is called Dreams from My Father

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: May 28, 2008, 05:41:23 PM »

I stand corrected.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: May 28, 2008, 06:01:35 PM »

Issues encompassing the lack of support that veterans receive upon returning home from the war zone are very real and ... must be addressed.

However ... Memorial Day is a designated day of reflection ... a day set aside to honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in defending our freedoms.  Any diversion takes away from that honor.

Barack Obama's speech has been edited accordingly on his website ... edited to reflect honor to America's fallen heroes.  The segment of his speech regarding his uncle's untreated Post Traumatic Stress Disorder has been omitted.  However ... the posted transcript does not reflect the actual speech.  Listen to the video.

Obama definitely had a political agenda and ... I consider that inappropriate at the least.

The speech given by President Bush conformed with the significance of the day ... the day that is refer to as Memorial Day.

+++++++++

President Bush Attends Arlington National Cemetery Memorial Day Commemoration
Arlington National Cemetery

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/05/20080526.html

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #239 on: May 28, 2008, 07:29:12 PM »

mccain made his speech on memorial day political.
defending in great length why he didn't want more benefits for soldiers.
opposing the john webb GI bill.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/Speeches/Read.aspx?guid=c2780187-7ce6-4226-bf6e-f04b7a1801cd

and he also defended bush' war in iraq in that speech.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.