June 01, 2024, 07:38:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brooke Bennett 12yrs old missing 6/25/08 Randolph Vermont(BODY FOUND)  (Read 189373 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #240 on: July 03, 2008, 11:56:15 AM »

I didn't think Vermont had the death penalty? Oh well.....I don't care what they have to do to get Jacques ........just GET him.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: July 03, 2008, 12:10:32 PM »

Feds Take Over Bennett Case; Jacques Could Face Death Penalty

Posted: July 3, 2008 10:46 AM EDT

Updated: July 3, 2008 10:58 AM EDT

U.S. Attorney Tom Anderson says the state charges against Michael Jacques, 42, of Randolph, have been dropped without prejudice.  He now faces federal kidnapping charges related to the disappearance of his niece, Brooke Bennett.

U.S. Attorney Tom Anderson said that more charges could be filed and if kidnapping resulting in death is among them, Jacques could face the death penalty or life in prison.  Anderson would not speculate which he would pursue.

Brooke disappeared on June 25 after being seen at the Cumberland Farms convenience store in Randolph, Vermont, with Jacques.  He has been in custody since Sunday on charges of aggravated sexual assault.

Maybe one of you more legally knowlegable folks can explain to me why
there is a dead girl, foul play, etc. situation and the only charge is kidnapping ?
Seems like there should to be more...

I had the same thought, but maybe the results of the autopsy/ID of Brooke has to be completed before additional charges are brought

I agree.  The government isn't going to jump the gun and charge him until they have every fact in place.  For the state to drop the charges means to me they want him bad.  This guy is toast.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #242 on: July 03, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »

I didn't think Vermont had the death penalty? Oh well.....I don't care what they have to do to get Jacques ........just GET him.

Apparently, as Nut44X4 mentioned yesterday, VT has a bad record with sex crimes especially against children.  When I watched Nancy Grace last night, she did not seem confident that the Feds will be successful in the death penalty against Jacques especially with VT track record.  I hope the investigation finds enough evidence to GET him & that includes anyone else involved, & NG is wrong. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #243 on: July 03, 2008, 12:16:24 PM »

Another thought....since VT is so easy on perpetrators, I was wondering if that's why Brooke's family lives there.....not knowing if they were born & raised there....the thought did enter my mind.   Jacques was tried and served a reduced sentence in VT, after passing the 'treatment' requirements & good behavior...ugh.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: July 03, 2008, 12:20:14 PM »

Apparently, as Nut44X4 mentioned yesterday, VT has a bad record with sex crimes especially against children.  When I watched Nancy Grace last night, she did not seem confident that the Feds will be successful in the death penalty against Jacques especially with VT track record.  I hope the investigation finds enough evidence to GET him & that includes anyone else involved, & NG is wrong. 

This is true.  Remember the judge Bill O'Reilly went after.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,181214,00.html

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: July 03, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »

Seems they did the right thing in this case......so lets hope they step up to the plate again.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9502EFD91131F934A25755C0A9609C8B63

KC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #246 on: July 03, 2008, 12:46:45 PM »

Does anyone else think JaqAss should be put in the general population??? 

Talking about the Mom, I wonder if she knew about the sex ring all along.  Sorry to be so out there, but her behavior has disturbed me most of all.  She didn't talk at all the first few days, then finally shows up with a teddy bear?  Not one person has said why Brooke was at the predator's house and where mom was and where dad was...if they were both working or something, why was she THERE when she had an older sister at home.  I'd be there with my shot gun.  Just sayin...

Is the other girl in protective custody?  We really don't have info on how many monsters were in this ring...how many raped her...how many have a strong motive to have her not identify them.  And, we know they are capable of the most dastardly of crimes against children. 
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: July 03, 2008, 12:50:20 PM »

Talking about the Mom, I wonder if she knew about the sex ring all along.  Sorry to be so out there, but her behavior has disturbed me most of all.  She didn't talk at all the first few days, then finally shows up with a teddy bear?  Not one person has said why Brooke was at the predator's house and where mom was and where dad was...if they were both working or something, why was she THERE when she had an older sister at home.  I'd be there with my shot gun.  Just sayin...

Is the other girl in protective custody?  We really don't have info on how many monsters were in this ring...how many raped her...how many have a strong motive to have her not identify them.  And, we know they are capable of the most dastardly of crimes against children. 

This is why I think FBI is taking their time.  They are going to find out every detail and who was involved.

As far as the mom I am not going to comment about her because what I have to say won't be nice so I will just shut up.  She failed as a mother and that's all I will say.
KC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #248 on: July 03, 2008, 12:57:16 PM »

Yo Blonde, I went to the guest book too and had the exact same reaction.  No WAY can I say anything except why didn't you take care of your daughter; why did you serve her up to someone you and her father knew was a child predator.  Hum, probably not the best thing to put in the guest book. 

About how he used the survelliance camera and myspace profiles to trick LE, it actually seems amature hour stuff, particularly with how it was executed as referenced above...the clear walking different directions, etc.  Why bring this up?  Because it gives me hope that they haven't killed anyone else; they surely would have been caught before now.  We have to believe that LE knew of his record shortly after she was reported missing and had him in their sights the whole time. 

Arg...sorry, this case is just so painful.  Don't let your kids on myspace.  There is no reason for it. 
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: July 03, 2008, 01:01:44 PM »

There is no evidence at this point that a "sex ring" exists.This might all have been a fantasy of jacques, this is yet to be proven.Two quotes from the last news article I posted above lead me to think this, though nothing is definitive at this time.

The affidavit included information about sexually suggestive e-mails with two additional addresses, including one for someone named Ruel Domingo, but Anderson said those e-mails originated from IP addresses at Jacques' home and office.

Officials still do not know how Brooke was killed, and they didn't say much about the alleged sex ring except that it appeared to pose no current threat to young residents in the state.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: July 03, 2008, 01:02:05 PM »

Yo Blonde, I went to the guest book too and had the exact same reaction.  No WAY can I say anything except why didn't you take care of your daughter; why did you serve her up to someone you and her father knew was a child predator.  Hum, probably not the best thing to put in the guest book. 

About how he used the survelliance camera and myspace profiles to trick LE, it actually seems amature hour stuff, particularly with how it was executed as referenced above...the clear walking different directions, etc.  Why bring this up?  Because it gives me hope that they haven't killed anyone else; they surely would have been caught before now.  We have to believe that LE knew of his record shortly after she was reported missing and had him in their sights the whole time. 

Arg...sorry, this case is just so painful.  Don't let your kids on myspace.  There is no reason for it. 

I agree.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: July 03, 2008, 02:38:30 PM »

Another thought....since VT is so easy on perpetrators, I was wondering if that's why Brooke's family lives there.....not knowing if they were born & raised there....the thought did enter my mind.   Jacques was tried and served a reduced sentence in VT, after passing the 'treatment' requirements & good behavior...ugh.

From what I heard on Fox last night, they move there because of their 'easy' sentences and wonderful 'rehabilitation program', which Jacques successfully passed and the State of Vermont brags is the best in the country.

This is reason why Vermont tells Bill O'R and Wendy they don't need Jessica's Law!!!!

I looked for a transcript and couldn't find it.
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #252 on: July 03, 2008, 05:03:29 PM »

Mum,

Is this what you are looking for?

Worst Judge Award?

Judge Edward Cashman

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: July 03, 2008, 05:08:29 PM »

3rd Suspect In Brooke Bennett Case: Raoul Domingo, Sex Ring Predator

Jul 3, 2008
Brooke Bennett Case - A third suspect has been identified in the case of Brooke Bennett - Raoul Domingo, who lured another minor girl into sexual relationships. However, according to the press conference held at 10 am EST, the affidavit indicates Raoul may just be a name Brooke's uncle Michael Jacques used in emails at his workplace or home.

Brooke, who was found dead in a shallow grave near her uncle's home yesterday, was also lured in by her own uncle who wanted to initiate her into a sex ring just before she suddenly vanished. Michael Jacques is being charged with her kidnapping.

Police had arrested missing 12-year-old Brooke's uncle Michael Jacques and stepfather Ray Gagnon in connection with a sex ring involving other young girls and older men, recently saying Ray Gagnon "destroyed evidence" possibly related to Brooke's disappearance.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212156066.shtml

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2008, 05:13:04 PM »

Death penalty possible in Vermont sex-kidnap case

BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Federal prosecutors have filed kidnapping charges that carry the death penalty against a Vermont man whose 12-year-old niece was found dead near his home.

Authorities accused Michael Jacques, 42, of carefully orchestrating events and e-mails to make it appear that Brooke Bennett had gone on June 25 to see someone she had met online, according to an affidavit accompanying the charges.

Citing statements from another underage girl, prosecutors claim that Jacques tricked Brooke into thinking she was going to a party and instead took her to his home to initiate her into a child sex ring.

Michael Desautels, the federal public defender representing Jacques, did not return calls Thursday morning.

E-mails quoted in an affidavit released Thursday accuse Jacques of coercing or enlisting the second girl to participate.

The girl wrote, "yes. I will help," one e-mail said.

Jacques is charged under a federal law that provides for the death penalty in a kidnapping resulting in a child's death. Jacques has 1993 convictions for kidnapping and aggravated sexual assault.

With autopsy results still pending, prosecutors said they could not say that Brooke was murdered. If she was, U.S. Attorney Tom Anderson was asked if he would seek the death penalty.

"That determination would be made after the investigation is completed, after the case is presented to a grand jury and, ultimately, that decision is made by the attorney general of the United States of America," Anderson said.

Meantime, state charges alleging that Jacques sexually assaulted a different girl over a five-year period were dropped, but could be refiled.

>>>>the complete article
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jHjvw1NOFGPL0mQ-JPqYfuNZF1LgD91MJ7F80

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #255 on: July 03, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »

Mum,

Worst Judge Award?

Judge Edward Cashman

San posted the link, too, just above.  Maybe Mum missed it. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #256 on: July 03, 2008, 06:18:55 PM »

VERMONT does NOT have a Death Penalty

State Information
State Abbreviation    VT
State Name    Vermont
Death Penalty?    No
Number of Executions Since 1976    0
Number of Executions before 1976    26
Current Death Row Population    0
Women on Death Row    0

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #257 on: July 03, 2008, 06:21:44 PM »

Mum,

Worst Judge Award?

Judge Edward Cashman

San posted the link, too, just above.  Maybe Mum missed it. 

Thanks for the link, I did mean to go back and open San’s, and would have forgotten, as I have been on and off all day with the weather. Mainly off!

This was just Wendy talking to John that fills in for Bill O’R sometimes, I think, as it was the rerun and I couldn’t sleep, and she had a lot to say about what the people of Vermont need to do! It was just a spot and there probably wasn’t a transcript. I don’t see Bill O’R much any more and did not realize that Vermont was such a safe haven for sexual predators.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #258 on: July 03, 2008, 06:30:43 PM »

VERMONT does NOT have a Death Penalty

State Information
State Abbreviation    VT
State Name    Vermont
Death Penalty?    No
Number of Executions Since 1976    0
Number of Executions before 1976    26
Current Death Row Population    0
Women on Death Row    0
I do hope they change this
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/state/

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
KC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #259 on: July 03, 2008, 06:43:50 PM »

Like I said, I think this guy needs to go into the general population of the slammer.  Much better justice for a vile scum than swift death penalty.  Let the boys show him how the girls must have felt. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.