June 01, 2024, 01:31:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #39 12/24/10 - 1/01/11  (Read 222463 times)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #520 on: December 29, 2010, 03:48:13 PM »

Sebastian- I wondered a similar scenario-if Kyron was being groomed and drugged by someone at the school. The reason I say school is because the effects of the drug would possibly wear off by the time he got home/Kaine returned from work- thus not being a witness as Terri would. The school person also wouldn't have access to Kyron on weekends when Desiree would see him- thus Desiree not being a witness. This scenario only leaves Terri as a witness.

This is all very possible Monkey King, although I have to admit, I was thinking that maybe Terri was poisoning him. If it was someone at the school, I wonder if there was a particular person who passed out candy to the kids. Perhaps, if the kids helped pick up trash and such. I wonder if Kyron took his own lunch or purchased lunch from school?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: December 29, 2010, 04:01:46 PM »

Interesting comments from Blinks. I can't keep up over there so I appreciate the update on the latest and greatest.

HK I do recall that article. He said he was making small talk because Terri was working around the yard at the time. Not sure if that is what prompted the conversation or not.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #522 on: December 29, 2010, 04:08:40 PM »

What some people are thinking is bad mouthing Kaine, some see it as questioning different things that was done or said. Other cases to me, people were way more critical with family members then this case. I have three cases right off the top of my head, but the way some were attacking Haleigh's mom, that for me wasn't just questioning things it was a full assault on the woman. But everyone sees things differently which makes for good discussion IMO

Yep~I agree discussion and debate is a good thing when it is respectful, sometimes I see a real snarky condescending attitude that I think is not fair, I notice if anyone agrees they are brilliand etc, if they disagree they are a monster when in reality it is NOT an attack, it is discussion about a case almost 7 mos old that even Staton thought was cold. I am really uncertain how that hurts the case at all, LE isn't worried about us and as far as the parents are concerned I hope they remember Kyron is the victim, they were adults who made choices that weren't the best, didn't put the child's interest ahead of their own and then don't want it coming out......well, to some posters such as myself I find it relevant, behavoirs, what they say or don't say (Terri included obviously),actions that could have put them in a high risk category for a perp looking for a child and more. But, NRCG- you are so right when you mentioned HaLeigh's mother...she was crucified for everything and anything, not living close enough, not fighting harder for custody and on and on.

Like I said last night, enough bad or despicable behavoir to go around and as always extremely sad collateral damage on many that love him, but when did we stop holding parents accountable for EXTREMELY bad decisions or lack of action via sticking head in sand, to me it borders on negligence or failure to protect and no pass from me on that, if you choose that for yourself that's fine, but a child has no choice and that is why parents should be more careful.....again, they are the first line of protection (or at least parents should be)

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #523 on: December 29, 2010, 04:11:21 PM »

Interesting comments from Blinks. I can't keep up over there so I appreciate the update on the latest and greatest.

HK I do recall that article. He said he was making small talk because Terri was working around the yard at the time. Not sure if that is what prompted the conversation or not.

I can't imagine having to keep up with that yard My last house was on 1/2 acre and we had 3 big oak trees, and I couldn't keep up with it.......prolly the reason I have sand as a yard now, absolutely ZERO maintenance. I appreciate BOC too, and the thoughtful and respectful way the posters treat each other.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #524 on: December 29, 2010, 04:44:53 PM »

Sebastian- IF Terri was slowly poisoning Kyron, wouldn't she do it where there could be witness such as Kaine AND Desiree? Sure, the teachers matter as well, but- Kaine would at least see him every day and would notice a sleeping child or one acting "weird". Unfortunately, Terri was the primary caretaker and no-one seems to take to heart what she claimed. This may give some indication of something not right coming from the school.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #525 on: December 29, 2010, 05:10:26 PM »

Why would someone in the school be poisoning him?  I am sure that there are plenty of children available who could be groomed that do not have parents that bring the kids to soccer , on vacations, to museums . etc.

Those are the children that are vulnerable to grooming.  Kids without a father, usually , in their lives.  Kyron had Kaine and Tony as well. Children who are willing to do anything for time with that man and willing to keep a secret. 

I cannot see Kyron as a child like that. 
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #526 on: December 29, 2010, 05:16:29 PM »

I am very surprised by the Horman's yard.  Unless we didn't see it all, there was no indication of anything for the children such as a swing set, sand box, climbing apparatus.  All things that TH as a teacher should know are really important for children's  intellectual development as well as physical development.

It seems strange that they would live out in the woods but be indoor people, but maybe they were.

Also, I was interested in TH's decorating.  Her decorating does not show any design principals.  Pictures are not placed in pleasing, balanced positions, for example.   Very random with large not balanced  by small groupings.  It really sticks out to me as a place that would be very difficult in which to be comfortable.  Bad feng shui.

I wonder if this lack of balance has any indications?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #527 on: December 29, 2010, 05:34:56 PM »

I am very surprised by the Horman's yard.  Unless we didn't see it all, there was no indication of anything for the children such as a swing set, sand box, climbing apparatus.  All things that TH as a teacher should know are really important for children's  intellectual development as well as physical development.

It seems strange that they would live out in the woods but be indoor people, but maybe they were.

Also, I was interested in TH's decorating.  Her decorating does not show any design principals.  Pictures are not placed in pleasing, balanced positions, for example.   Very random with large not balanced  by small groupings.  It really sticks out to me as a place that would be very difficult in which to be comfortable.  Bad feng shui.

WOW....I sure hope nobody judges me back my kack of design prinicpals, I'd be in jail right now........I rarely care about balance or anything like that, I just happy to be so close to the ocean I can spit in the water, to me that is more important as a balancing and healing perspective than my design prinicpals, and I think we all find comfort in our own individual ways, some love mountains, I love the beach, some love a very spotless home, I have sand in the bed 24/7/365 and totally ok with that. I don't even know what feng shui is OR if it's bad to have bad fung shui?  I prefer a comfy couch in my jammies with a throw on it so I can curl up in front of the fireplace those 2 weeks of the yr it's cold, and when it's not we stay on the deck in my outdoor furniture. I am sure it's not the "best or most pleasing", but it's super comfy and to me, and my kids that's all we really care about not prinicpals or balance. Ok, now I feel like I need to lock my FB pics of the house....crapola Do we even know if she was the decorator since she had no interest in the home $$ wise??

BBIAB~going to the blonde fairy

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #528 on: December 29, 2010, 05:35:57 PM »

WOW....I sure hope nobody judges me by my lack of design prinicpals, I'd be in jail right now........I rarely care about balance or anything like that, I just happy to be so close to the ocean I can spit in the water, to me that is more important as a balancing and healing perspective than my design prinicpals, and I think we all find comfort in our own individual ways, some love mountains, I love the beach, some love a very spotless home, I have sand in the bed 24/7/365 and totally ok with that. I don't even know what feng shui is OR if it's bad to have bad fung shui?  I prefer a comfy couch in my jammies with a throw on it so I can curl up in front of the fireplace those 2 weeks of the yr it's cold, and when it's not we stay on the deck in my outdoor furniture. I am sure it's not the "best or most pleasing", but it's super comfy and to me, and my kids that's all we really care about not prinicpals or balance. Ok, now I feel like I need to lock my FB pics of the house....crapola Do we even know if she was the decorator since she had no interest in the home $$ wise??

BBIAB~going to the blonde fairy

OOPS.......self edit, now I gotta run

[
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #529 on: December 29, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »

Most people do not decorate according the principals of feng shui or really know what it is. Even HGTV has tried to introduce it to the American public and the show lasted about 2 episodes. I am not sure what the decor was in the Horman home, but it looked like your average run of the mill home and was kept clean.

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #530 on: December 29, 2010, 05:51:20 PM »

Likely that she had bad taste; but I doubt how she hung pictures has anything to do with whether or not she would kill a child.  If so, then I'm super-guilty and likely have a whole slew of bodies in my backyard.  Smile
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #531 on: December 29, 2010, 05:52:15 PM »

I can't see the pic, but from Puzzler's post, I can tell Brandi posted a pic. Brandi- was there a caption as well?
Thanks for clarifying that it was blackberry vines, Puzzler.

As for attacking Kaine Horman... Hmmm, no I am not attacking anyone. I am looking for alternative scenarios sine the Terri did it one has not brought us any closer to finding Kyron. Anyone who gets offended by exploring other avenues is too emotionally involved and has lost their objectivity. What looks one way can often times be something completely different. Sheriff Staton has said this in so many words "What we suspect, we no longer suspect".

MK: BBM

Respectfully, I don't agree with you. I've worked very hard in trying to post things that are FACTS, not speculations. Yes, I feel emotional about this case, but I feel I'm also being, not only objective, but also using my common sense. I'm looking in other areas that are based on facts.

Creating conversations based on speculations without facts to back them up, does not help find Kyron. Badgering the bio parents, when they have either been cleared, or not even remotely considered a person of interest, only hurts Kyron.

The quote from Staton, "What we suspect, we no longer suspect" is being way over played, to the point of ridiculousness.

You know I have been totally respectful to all Monkeys, but I am so frustrated after reading 10 pages of the same subject.

MK, you have a LE background, and you know you are a friend of mine, but don't you think you are making assumptions on theory rather than facts, as LE does? Discussion is good, but put something out there that bases your discussions on related facts. Give me a link.

Btw, you're still my friend. 

Back to lurking. Sorry, I'm losing my initiative to sleuth after today.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #532 on: December 29, 2010, 06:07:17 PM »

What do you all think about having two separate threads for the 2 differing opinions. One thread is about Terri did it, the other is an alternate theory thread. I think that is the only way each side can freely discuss without being insulting to the other.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #533 on: December 29, 2010, 06:08:30 PM »

design principals are using colors, balance, textures, etc in pleasing ways and based on principals.  For example, one does not put a small picture in the middle of a large wall.

If a house looks bad in it's paint job, it's more than likely people used a combination of warm and cool colors.  You can use warm and cool colors, but they must be dulled- dull red, with dull green works, for example. People can feel that there is something wrong;they just may not know why.

The house just gives me a bad feeling when I looked at the pictures. 

People can feel if a house is filled with love.  You want to stay there all day.  It's integrated. 

People think that they can hide their selves, but there are plenty of tells.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #534 on: December 29, 2010, 06:10:40 PM »

design principals are using colors, balance, textures, etc in pleasing ways and based on principals.  For example, one does not put a small picture in the middle of a large wall.

If a house looks bad in it's paint job, it's more than likely people used a combination of warm and cool colors.  You can use warm and cool colors, but they must be dulled- dull red, with dull green works, for example. People can feel that there is something wrong;they just may not know why.

The house just gives me a bad feeling when I looked at the pictures. 

People can feel if a house is filled with love.  You want to stay there all day.  It's integrated. 

People think that they can hide their selves, but there are plenty of tells.

ok
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #535 on: December 29, 2010, 06:48:39 PM »

Like Desdemona, I feel the need to step away from this thread for now. It's disheartening to see a victim of a crime get persecuted this way, as well as being just plain irritating. Perhaps the name should be changed from "Kyron Horman, 7 ..." to "Kaine Horman, we don't like him and think he's mean."

Hi Scatty,
I hate to see you step away. I like everyones posts, whether or not I agree. Many of us sat by for months while Terri was bashed every which way. If we dared to bring up ANYTHING about Kaine, we were scolded. I thought we were here for Kyron, not Kaine, not Terri or any of the other players. In order to try to wrap our heads around what happened to Kyron, I think that it is only fair that we look at ALL players. I try really hard not to be snarky in my responses to anyones posts. The truth of the matter is that Terri has not even been called a "person of interest" and therefore it could be ANYONE. I just happen to think that Terri had played a part, but that is just my opinion.

Sebastain - good post...agree.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #536 on: December 29, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »

Dogonnit!  SM used to be a place where you could speak/post your mind about any person related to the subject you were on.  If there is a child missing or anyone for that matter then I feel anyone connected to that person is fair game!  If they are innocent then there isn't anything to worry about.  Nothing wrong with throwing out a theory no matter how unpopular or if it appears to be taking a side as long as we are obeying the Monkey rules!  Before any facts came out it was okay to speculate so why not now?  No Monkey should get upset if someone wants to hypothesize about the possibility of KH being involved in Kyrons disappearance.  It's just conversation between people gathered at a wonderful spot wishing more than anything this child had never gone through this.  We all have the common goal of bringing Ky home and if one wants to look at a parent then they should be able to do so without hurting a friends feelings.  It's never meant to.  Just simple discussion.  I do believe no stone should go unturned where there is a missing child. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #537 on: December 29, 2010, 06:59:48 PM »

I also thought it odd there were no kid toys in the yard, sandbox, swing set, whatever. But I grew up without that in the yard, and didn't seem to mind. I had to look up feng shui because I never heard of that. My style of decorating is what I like to call schizophrenic/eclectic, and I really like it, but I suppose some might think some weird thoughts about it all. I just throw stuff together and make it work. I don't think that I've ever discussed this topic when following a case. I might have thought, the house and yard look like pigs live there, or the house and yard look well kept, but that was it.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #538 on: December 29, 2010, 07:00:16 PM »

What do you all think about having two separate threads for the 2 differing opinions. One thread is about Terri did it, the other is an alternate theory thread. I think that is the only way each side can freely discuss without being insulting to the other.

TG: There is an alternate theory thread, and I think it's a fabulous idea!    Maybe post those in that thread? Of course it would be up to Klaas and the moderators. Maybe use this thread for conversations on newly released pressers and sleuthing facts, and the other for the speculations? Just thinking. I don't want posters to leave. Kyron needs them.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: December 29, 2010, 07:01:14 PM »

NO - we already have other threads that can be used for that.  From my vantage point the Terri may not be responsible team are in full swing and slinging insults as readily as the other side.  No separate threads.  Both sides should be able to discuss without insulting in one thread.    

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.