June 01, 2024, 03:23:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #39 12/24/10 - 1/01/11  (Read 222469 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #820 on: December 31, 2010, 03:23:11 PM »

I agree that the doctor appointment is extremely important, but not whether she had one scheduled for the 11th. She would be smart to have one scheduled for the 11th to cover her story that it was the 11th.  That part is totally immaterial to me.

I , however, believe the idea of the appt on the 4th is the most crucial to the case.  There was no appt on the 4th.  TH just led people to believe there was one that day. Very clever on her part.
Hopefully, other people heard her talking about what she was doing that day.  That is one of the most important pieces to the puzzle.  Lying or not?  Misdirection or not?

I agree, although I don't think it was clever because she didn't think that Kyron would tell someone else.

Could it be that she told the teacher on Thursday of the dr. appt. "next" Friday that the teacher took that to mean the next day instead of the next week; i.e., if I were saying it on a Thursday for the 11th I would say "next Friday", but for the 4th I would have said "this Friday".

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #821 on: December 31, 2010, 03:23:52 PM »

Thanks.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #822 on: December 31, 2010, 03:26:21 PM »

Maybe I am very thick, but I am still not getting from the quotes above that Kurtis SAID he knew Kyron had a doctor's appointment, just that he knew he wasn't there all day. I am thinking his mom tacked on the bit about the appointment as it was already in discussion by then. She does not say he said it, at least not to me. Of course, bad writing does not help clarify matters. If she did say it, it should be within the quotes.

They way I'm taking it is that when it was said that Kyron didn't get off the bus, Kurtis said yeah I already knew he wasn't there all day...meant it wasn't a surprise to Kurtis that Kyron didn't get off the bus simply because Kyron hadn't been in school since the SF and Kurtis knew that. 

Just a simple -yeah, I know...he wasn't at school, so he wouldn't have been on the bus.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #823 on: December 31, 2010, 03:26:24 PM »

I agree that the doctor appointment is extremely important, but not whether she had one scheduled for the 11th. She would be smart to have one scheduled for the 11th to cover her story that it was the 11th.  That part is totally immaterial to me.

I , however, believe the idea of the appt on the 4th is the most crucial to the case.  There was no appt on the 4th.  TH just led people to believe there was one that day. Very clever on her part.
Hopefully, other people heard her talking about what she was doing that day.  That is one of the most important pieces to the puzzle.  Lying or not?  Misdirection or not?

I agree, although I don't think it was clever because she didn't think that Kyron would tell someone else.

Could it be that she told the teacher on Thursday of the dr. appt. "next" Friday that the teacher took that to mean the next day instead of the next week; i.e., if I were saying it on a Thursday for the 11th I would say "next Friday", but for the 4th I would have said "this Friday".

I never thought of that Puzzler, could be.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #824 on: December 31, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »

That's possible, but to have at least 2 people believe that he had an appointment that day, would be a coinkydinky, and I don't believe in them.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #825 on: December 31, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »

HelloKitty your not alone on those thoughts;

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/kyron-horman-family-names-woman-eyed-boys-disapperance/story?id=11234220

The family's statement comes one day after ABC's Portland affiliate KATU reported that Terri Horman had told Kyron's teachers and classmates that he would be out of the classroom that Friday at a doctor's appointment, giving the school no reason to expect him back after the science fair that morning where Kyron showed off his project on frogs.

But Terri Horman has been vague with investigators, the affiliate reported, later telling detective she was referring to the next Friday, June 11. "Clearly even school children were aware that he was going to the doctor that day and they expected him to be at the doctor that day so now after the fact to say, 'I didn't know it was that day, it was another day' it is weak," former homicide detective C.W. Jensen said.

You mean like this BBM?
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #826 on: December 31, 2010, 03:33:39 PM »

There was a video that KATU put out there, interviewing Kim. I don't have time to track it down, but if you listen to it, you can understand more about what Kurtis told his mom.

Gotta run now. BBL. 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #827 on: December 31, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »

How this is related, I don't know.

MonkeyKing:
It was very relevant in the context in which it was presented, as a comment to Klaas.  I feel it is also VERY relevant in most of these discussions, where a child is missing and there are parents grieving, and a community grieving.

McHenry, and all who have lost their children:  My condolences.  I cannot begin to imagine the sort of pain that losing your child brings. /hugs
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: December 31, 2010, 03:43:03 PM »

I was sitting here thinking last night about this case and how Terri decided to keep her lips from flapping to save her own azz, and not fight for Kiara, and I thought, "I wonder if her parents are able to visit Kaira" ? Do they have rights as grand parents?

Additionally: do they choose to exercise those rights?
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #829 on: December 31, 2010, 04:02:41 PM »

There was a video that KATU put out there, interviewing Kim. I don't have time to track it down, but if you listen to it, you can understand more about what Kurtis told his mom.

Gotta run now. BBL. 

video;

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html?tab=video
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #830 on: December 31, 2010, 04:15:24 PM »

If one looks at the quote about the doctor's appt, I think it goes like this

"  "
  (quotation marks around the quote because Kim Holm is being quoted.)

Then the quote from the teacher that Kim makes has these quotation marks '      '.  It's a quote within a quote and those are the marks that delineate that.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: December 31, 2010, 04:17:05 PM »

I was sitting here thinking last night about this case and how Terri decided to keep her lips from flapping to save her own azz, and not fight for Kiara, and I thought, "I wonder if her parents are able to visit Kaira" ? Do they have rights as grand parents?

Additionally: do they choose to exercise those rights?
Exactly, they may love and want to see the baby, but would prefer to stay out of all this until later. Who knows? I believe that I would wait under these circumstances.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: December 31, 2010, 04:28:37 PM »

I was thinking something like that.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #833 on: December 31, 2010, 04:29:40 PM »

Maybe I am very thick, but I am still not getting from the quotes above that Kurtis SAID he knew Kyron had a doctor's appointment, just that he knew he wasn't there all day. I am thinking his mom tacked on the bit about the appointment as it was already in discussion by then. She does not say he said it, at least not to me. Of course, bad writing does not help clarify matters. If she did say it, it should be within the quotes.

They way I'm taking it is that when it was said that Kyron didn't get off the bus, Kurtis said yeah I already knew he wasn't there all day...meant it wasn't a surprise to Kurtis that Kyron didn't get off the bus simply because Kyron hadn't been in school since the SF and Kurtis knew that. 

Just a simple -yeah, I know...he wasn't at school, so he wouldn't have been on the bus.

This is how I read this.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #834 on: December 31, 2010, 04:31:58 PM »

From last month:

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Exclusive--Kyron-Hormans-Mom-Talks-About-Disturbing-Emails--108170584.html

Desiree: Terri hated Kyron, blamed him for failing marriage

by Anne Yeager, KGW
kgw.com
Posted on November 15, 2010 at 8:10 AM
Updated Monday, Nov 15 at 5:28 PM

MEDFORD, Ore. -- In an exclusive interview on NBC's Today Show, Kyron Horman's mother said she thinks the missing 7-year old's step-mom could have hurt her son "in the worst way."

Desiree Young appeared on Today Monday morning. She talked about explosive emails that police showed her just last Friday. Sources told KGW that the emails were sent from Terri to an extended member of the family in the weeks just before Kyron's disappearance.

"I now believe without a shadow of a doubt that not only is she (Terri) capable of hurting Kyron, but that it's clear she could have hurt him in the worst possible way, " said Young, as she struggled to talk through the tears.

But what were in those emails?

Young said she couldn't go into specifics because of the ongoing investigation. But she didn't hold back about the ugly picture she said the emails painted.

"It's very clear from Terri’s horrible words that she had a severe hatred for Kyron and that she blamed a lot of the marital problems on Kyron," said Young.

Kyron Horman went missing from Skyline Elementary School on June 4th.  While Terri Horman has not been named as a suspect, she has clearly remained the focus of the investigation.

Desiree Young and Kyron's father Kaine Horman have long provided a united front in the search for their son. But on Monday, Desiree indicated she was seriously disappointed with Kaine for failing to share with her information of Terri's alleged issues with alcohol.

More: Kaine fears Kyron saw 'unimaginable horror'

"I just can't stand by and support the choices that he's making. He had several opportunities to let Tony (Desiree's husband) and I know what was going on and he did not, " she said.

"We learned all of this information after the fact and from the media. He had several opportunities to let Tony know, and I know, what was going on, and he did not, she said."

Kaine held a press conference late Monday morning. He said he could not comment specifically on anything Desiree said during the Today Show, because he did not watch the interview. But he did confirm that he got the same information about Terri's emails from police on Friday as Desiree.

When specifically questioned about Terris' drinking, Kaine said it took him a long time to realize the depth of her problem and that his now-estranged wife was in many ways, "a master of deception."

More: Kaine says Terri fooled him, too

In her interview on Today, Young also said that she tried to get custody of Kyron a year before he disappeared, but Kaine would not allow it. Young said Terri even called her on the phone to urge her to take over custody of Kyron because he was so upset.

"He (Kyron) was exhibiting some problems in school, expressing a lot of sadness, and upset at the situation. Kyron on many occasions said he wanted to live with me, " she recalled.

NBC's Meredith Vieira ended the interview by asking Desiree if she still has hope that Kyron is still alive.

"I will until the day I die, " said Young.
((snipped))

This interview was the saddest of all interviews. I have spent countless hours thinking of the words of his mother. My heart continues to go out to Desiree, I have almost found myself in her position. I am so sorry she is suffering.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #835 on: December 31, 2010, 04:41:55 PM »

From experience I will say that often, kids want to get away from the parent that makes them do stuff like clean their room, do chores, do homework, etc.  I have no idea the real reason why Kyron was wanting to live with Desiree but I don't blame Kaine or Desiree for not acting on it.  It is a very normal problem to have in a broken home scenerio.

It is true, children play one home against the other. My step daughters have tried to do that before. Right now they are in a situation I consider serious and I think I do because of what I have gone through with my sons and their dad and his ex girlfriend. I don't think there is anyway, anyone can imagine what can happen, I hope to God this serves as a lesson to parents to always consider the worse. This is the advice I give to my husband, there are folders and folders of step parents who HAVE hurt the children, it HAS happened before and it WILL happen again. It CAN happen to the girls and we need to protect them NOW rather then wishing we did later.
I think that is the lesson everyone can take away from this case and maybe it can save another child.
Klaas this has not been said to bash anyone but to shed light on a problem that I believe is important. If you feel otherwise, please delete the post.
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #836 on: December 31, 2010, 05:11:57 PM »

If Kyron thought he was going to be missing school that day after the science fair, it is likely he would have told someone, kids don't keep secrets well, whether they know it is a secret or not. The thing we need to know is he planned to eat lunch there and brought his lunch, or if he never brought his lunch, for example, but that is not being released.

If there really was an appointment for 6/11, Terri could be innocent as well as guilty, from that fact. And her surprise at the teacher thinking Kyron was meant to be out on 6/4 could be genuine. But then again, I believe something happened on 6/4 that was not planned, if Terri is guilty and that is why she had to invent the 90 minute drive time, I don't think this was an intricate plan, rather a show of temper on Th's part when/if Kyron "acted up" or said something about how much he was looking forward to seeing his real mom. She could have told him, okay let's go, we'll go see her right now, and gotten him out of school that way and then truly lost if and hurt him. I think she would have a better/tighter alibi if she had planned it, it only takes mintues to drop a body off someplace.
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: December 31, 2010, 05:19:12 PM »

(snip)
In her interview on Today, Young also said that she tried to get custody of Kyron a year before he disappeared, but Kaine would not allow it. Young said Terri even called her on the phone to urge her to take over custody of Kyron because he was so upset.

"He (Kyron) was exhibiting some problems in school, expressing a lot of sadness, and upset at the situation. Kyron on many occasions said he wanted to live with me, " she recalled.
(snip)

This is an interview that I just can't shake.  One unselfish act and Kyron would be at home with his mother tonight ... playing with the new toys he asked Santa to bring ... and none of us would even know his name.

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: December 31, 2010, 05:21:29 PM »

It is my prayer that Kyron comes home.  However ... whatever the outcome ... those responsible for this injustice against a precious little boy need to be held accountable.

Happy New Years All

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: December 31, 2010, 05:23:08 PM »

If Kyron thought he was going to be missing school that day after the science fair, it is likely he would have told someone, kids don't keep secrets well, whether they know it is a secret or not. The thing we need to know is he planned to eat lunch there and brought his lunch, or if he never brought his lunch, for example, but that is not being released.

If there really was an appointment for 6/11, Terri could be innocent as well as guilty, from that fact. And her surprise at the teacher thinking Kyron was meant to be out on 6/4 could be genuine. But then again, I believe something happened on 6/4 that was not planned, if Terri is guilty and that is why she had to invent the 90 minute drive time, I don't think this was an intricate plan, rather a show of temper on Th's part when/if Kyron "acted up" or said something about how much he was looking forward to seeing his real mom. She could have told him, okay let's go, we'll go see her right now, and gotten him out of school that way and then truly lost if and hurt him. I think she would have a better/tighter alibi if she had planned it, it only takes mintues to drop a body off someplace.
Excellent point lunch time, did he or did he not bring lunch?  I would think, and maybe it is just me, but if there was a doctor's appt you would think Kyron would have taken his belongings with him. Maybe nothing but has bothered me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.