June 03, 2024, 07:04:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #9 3/05/11 - 3/17/11  (Read 153254 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2011, 01:30:42 PM »

The new HopeforHailey website is up and it will be selling merchandise. Does anyone know where the money is going? Is it going to be used in the search for Hailey or is it for the pleasure of BD to use for her needs? I hope there is some level of accountability in the proceeds.

Billie did not set up that site...it was set up by an organization.   There is a merchandise section to the site but nothing is up for sale at the moment so there is nothing indicating what the funds will be used for.   Billie mentioned the site was being created so that her and Clint could comment about "the truth" of the case and not deal with the angst of the public...those werent her words per se but pretty much what she implied.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2011, 01:32:30 PM »

The new HopeforHailey website is up and it will be selling merchandise. Does anyone know where the money is going? Is it going to be used in the search for Hailey or is it for the pleasure of BD to use for her needs? I hope there is some level of accountability in the proceeds. Edit to add link.  MB http://hopeforhailey.org/

I don't know the answer to your questions, (and I hope someone does) but do you have a link to the new website?  

I posted it earlier than this post

Posted by: Cappuccino
Insert Quote
The official Hope for Hailey site is now up and running

http://hopeforhailey.org/index.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:51:00 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

socialworker52
Scared Monkey

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2011, 01:39:43 PM »

Thank you Capp; I wonder who the organization is and how the funds are to be used. any proceeds (IMO) should be used for the search efforts of Hailey. I am suspicious of any site that is endorsed by BD as I find her judge of character to be wanting.(JMO) I just don't want this young girl's plight to be used for monetary gain for anyone. Surely if it is an organization then the funds will be used for Hailey and strictly accounted for.
Boston Lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2011, 01:43:22 PM »

I am beginning to think that Hailey was aware of or knew some of BD and SA's dirty little secrets.  They took care of that knowledge and in turn took care of her (Hailey).  I don't mean this to sound cruel in any respect, but nothing else makes sense.

I have long thought of the possibility that Hailey found something out on Shawn and that he got back at her for it by controlling her, possibly in a sexual nature, and then harmed her to the point of death - purposefully or accidentally.  That's horrible, but it happens often enough, and heaven knows he does seem the type.  I hate to say it, but in my opinion (with all the faults that opinions can sometimes have) he seems the type that can get so intense and wound up that he would be abusive.  His past history certainly has done nothing to dispell that impression I've had of him from the start.  He also seems fearful (and is a coward - otherwise he wouldn't have already threatened females) and fear is a major accelerant for violence.

I forgot to add that I have also often thought that, since Hailey didn't really want SA in their life, that she might have found something out and threatened to tell BD.... and that set off his rage to the same effect as above.

I agree especially given that on the BTHN show, they asked if Hailey was "nosy" and Billie Jean became very defensive with the question.   

Host: Some people say Hailey stuck her nose in places that she shouldn’t have. How do you respond to that?

Billie Dunn: You know, people don’t need to judge my thirteen year old daughter. You don’t start dragging her into this, trying to talk bad about her. She’s nosy. So what?

http://www.diigo.com/bookmark/http%3A%2F%2Fcasesignal.wordpress.com%2Fhailey-dunn-transcript-billie-jean-dunn-blog-talk-radio-interview-march-2?tab=people&uname=casesignal
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2011, 01:50:05 PM »

Here is a link to the new website. http://hopeforhailey.org/

Thanks!  I've added the link to your previous post.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
EverySunset
Scared Monkey

We have friends in Homeland Security!

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 03:19:12 PM »

WTH?!
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/news-blog-stylefile

"There was one, I had to look & look & look & look & look & look & look & look."-CA
GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!
EverySunset
Scared Monkey

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »

The Onesie (Baby Chloe wants to show some love for her big sister too!)
The Doggy T-Shirt (You can count Hailey's dog Chico in on this one)
I find this very creepy and is Chico the dog that was given away? If so, then you certainly cannot include Chico in this money making scheme, Chico is gone. Also, Baby Chloe is too young to comprehend money making schemes, we should probably leave her out of this too.

"There was one, I had to look & look & look & look & look & look & look & look."-CA
socialworker52
Scared Monkey

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2011, 03:37:21 PM »

Thanks for info EverySunset; this is so distasteful (IMO)
EverySunset
Scared Monkey

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 03:50:23 PM »

I agree it is distasteful, among other things. I would love to know who's idea this is and where all the $$ from these items will go.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 04:21:19 PM »

Whoever is in charge of this is a predator.  Plain and simple.  Not even distasteful.  Just a predator on other people.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2011, 04:31:22 PM »

I find this very creepy and is Chico the dog that was given away? If so, then you certainly cannot include Chico in this money making scheme, Chico is gone. Also, Baby Chloe is too young to comprehend money making schemes, we should probably leave her out of this too.

I am finding this to be extremely distasteful & exploitive.  There is no necessity to purchase such items to raise funds for searching, just donate the money to an established organization that isnt trying to make a profit off of the public.

You can bet that I will not be purchasing any of these items!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2011, 04:34:31 PM »

I'd like to know just how many of these items someone put in orders to have in inventory to make a profit off of....this is about a "missing" child, what if she is found deceased tomorrow?

Totally disgusting!

Im writing Big Country to complain about that reporter, because that is not newsworthy & the paper shouldnt be promoting sales versus covering the story factually.  Im absolutely repulsed!

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2011, 05:35:27 PM »

You know, I emailed that woman as she has her email up.  She doesn't get it, she really doesn't.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2011, 05:48:09 PM »

The iPhone cover isn't for the newest generation iphone so 4get that one as well.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2011, 05:54:47 PM »

I see she removed the request for people "rockin" the Hailey gear.  I also see that there are 0 comments on that page, although I know people commented - and it was NOT good comments, either.
EverySunset
Scared Monkey

« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2011, 06:03:43 PM »

You know, I emailed that woman as she has her email up.  She doesn't get it, she really doesn't.

Did she reply Starwynn?

EverySunset
Scared Monkey

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2011, 06:34:15 PM »

I just visited the page again and the captions have been removed from the items. The items are still for sale though.

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2011, 07:01:30 PM »

Did she reply Starwynn?

Yes, she did. 
----------
My email was:
While your efforts to get Hailey's gear (and her face) out there to the public are appreciated, don't you think your post on hear gear is a little bit too glib?  Seriously, it makes the situation with Hailey seem more like a cool fad than a missing child.

I mean no offense, but honestly - as much as I was glad to see some good looking stuff come out for her (because somehow in my heart I feel she'd either respond to it if she's alive, or it would honor her sense of spirit if she's not), I know I'm not alone in my feelings about the post, and thought I'd let you know.

Thank you, however, for featuring it.  I hope you take this email in the spirit in which I intend it.
  - - - -
Her reply was:
Hi Nathalie-
Thanks for writing.  This was written because of the number of phone calls and e-mails we received requesting t-shirts, stickers, and bracelets.  We've done a number of stories on the investigation, the search, and Hailey's family.

I haven't forgotten that Hailey is missing, no one knows what really happened.  I'm following the hard leads and getting as much information as I can for our viewers and the Dunn family, but with the frequent requests for gear and the request from Hailey's school and family to keep Hailey's face out there, the blog was geared to show people a fun way to display their support for her.

------
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2011, 07:06:41 PM »

I wrote her again, thinking maybe she missed the point about "glib":

Oh I definitely understand, and everyone appreciates that part of it.  And believe me, we LOVE the coverage that the station is giving, and the investigation, and bringing us the answers everyone so desperately wants in such a quick and accurate manner.  I just wanted to let you know that it did just come across as a bit too gleeful.

That being said, thank you thank you thank you for all that you guys do.  I know you all want answers just as badly as the rest of us do in hopes that maybe Hailey will be either brought home or given justice, which ever applies (and hopefully the former).

Take care, and thank you for the fast reply.
Nathalie

Her reply:
No worries!  I understand Smile.
After doing all the sad stories about Hailey & the investigation, I just think it's time to bring it back to hope.  That's what Billie and Clint need right now, Billie says it's been a rollercoaster, everyone close to Hailey has been the subject of scrutiny, and I think Hailey's family deserves something positive.
When I wrote the blog, I just thought of how much Billie's face lit up when she got her box with t-shirts and teddy bears for Hailey.  Until she gets back home, nothing makes Hailey's family happier than seeing her face out there. 

- PL
-------------

I think what Hailey's family deserves is most certainly secondary to what Hailey deserves, and I think the thing we need to "bring back" is Hailey.  But I'm not emailing her again.  My point was made, and thankfully the site gives information on how to get the stuff without making light of Hailey's situation.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2011, 07:14:49 PM »

I am confused for sure, now.  If Carrie McGonigle owns the hopeforhailey.org domain, can someone use that name to set up a cafepress account?

Edit to fix name.   And I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question. MB
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 07:34:45 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.