May 29, 2024, 08:28:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 7 - 5/16/2011  (Read 173991 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1040 on: May 16, 2011, 08:07:59 PM »

NG just led out with this teaser:

"Tot mom jurors arrested!"

WTH???????????????????

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #1041 on: May 16, 2011, 08:09:22 PM »

So we have 17 jurors now.  Are they going to try to get more tomorrow or are they doing the last part of jury selection where the Dufense and the State can use their strikes?  TIA

Judge Perry said he had 3-4 more PJ's to bring in tomorrow. After their voir dires, he will ask for any back strikes and then swear the remaining PJ's in.
Thanks Brandi!  I haven't been able to read and am just jumping off and on the rest of tonight.  I know I can always find out what is happening from you all! 

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1042 on: May 16, 2011, 08:09:42 PM »

I have a couple questions, ya'll. Why aren't GA and CA there during these proceedings? Who is providing her clothes? And is it a fact that Casey is being medicated or just assumed?
I think the A's aren't showing up because they don't want their reaction to all the insinuations about them shown. I think they also plan on insisting on giving the Victim Impact statement if KC is found guilty. But instead of it being about Caylee, they'll use the opportunity to try to sway jurors to spare KC's life. I think that's the whole reason they wanted to be acknowledged as next of kin and being allowed to sit in during the trial.

I wonder why Finnell keeps questioning the PT's so hard about victim impact statements. Like you, I kind of think the A's will use the opportunity to try to save Casey's life, but Finnell seems to be worried about the VIS's. I am wondering if maybe they're preparing for the possibility of the A's turning on Casey once the sex allegations come out in court.

I think the A's aren't showing because we are in the final days before trial and they are being prepared by their attorney to face the fact she is going to be found guilty.

I don't think the A's want this trial..I think they wanted her to plea..and Casey is not ready to do that and her attorney's did not want her upset by a visit from the family at this late date.

I also think the A's know they are going under the bus..and that is what their attorney is preparing them for right now. I think up until this point they really didn't believe that..but I am sure their attorney has made it clear to them this is the direction the bus is headed.  They have to come to grips with that..as well as defend themselves to their best ability against that..I don't think George or Cindy are just going to sit there and take whatever the defense dishes out at them.  I would not count on their being complicit in letting that bus roll over them.

Finnell and Bolin know that they have the biggest job on the defense team..mitigation..because they have all seen the evidence and they know how this concludes.  It would be their job to show mitigating factors to keep her off death row and get LWOP.  Even though this trial hasn't started no one on the defense thinks they are going to walk out with Casey getting 8 to 15 years. 

She is medicated in my opinion because she is more subdued then she was last week, last month, last year.  She is being medicated, also in my opinion not to get her through this ordeal, but so she doesn't show the real Casey to the jury.  The flirting, the meaness, the looks that could kill Casey is something the defense does not want these jurors to see.  JMHO

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1043 on: May 16, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »

OT: Just in, they just reported they might of found Susan Powells body?

OMG, think you!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1044 on: May 16, 2011, 08:12:12 PM »

WTH???????????????????

I think they may be referring to the "old" charges that were revealed about some PJ's.

(DUI's and drug charges were mentioned in another sentence along with this headline)

JMO

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1045 on: May 16, 2011, 08:20:22 PM »

I love this Jim Ignatowski juror.   
I loved Jim Ignatowski...my dream date

Is that the options trader's name If so how did that get outed? And if it's true, I can look him up on FINRA jus saying ::justice2NJ::

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
strawberry thunder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1046 on: May 16, 2011, 08:23:28 PM »

Is that the options trader's name If so how did that get outed? And if it's true, I can look him up on FINRA jus saying ::justice2NJ::

LOL, he's a fictional character from the series Taxi.

Let not a man guard his dignity, but let his dignity guard him.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1047 on: May 16, 2011, 08:26:15 PM »

I just figured that out after a quick google and not finding a Ignatowski on the FINRA site that was remotely close to Jim with a current license. Guess I was born too late to remember Taxi 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
strawberry thunder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1048 on: May 16, 2011, 08:28:10 PM »

I just figured that out after a quick google and not finding a Ignatowski on the FINRA site that was remotely close to Jim with a current license. Guess I was born too late to remember Taxi 

Don't feel bad. I googled it long ago, LOL. I was born in the 70's so it was before my time too.

Let not a man guard his dignity, but let his dignity guard him.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1049 on: May 16, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »

Don't feel bad. I googled it long ago, LOL. I was born in the 70's so it was before my time too.

LOL~love the net for those reason......I heard a bit of his grilling and I liked him

[
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1050 on: May 16, 2011, 08:31:21 PM »

Hey guys! Also, Hey to Klaasend!
 Klaas..I wanted to let you know and the rest of the cage, that it has been brought to my attention, that one of Casey's "defenses" will be the fact that she claims she has Chiari Malformation.
Chiari is a birth defect. It is a defect in the cerebellum of the brain..the cerebellum has tonsils on it..these tonsils herniate down into the spinal column cutting off thr flow of spinal fluid. I know this because MY DAUGHTER HAS IT.  She had brain surgery a year and a half ago.Chiari, in no way, alters your mental status. The cerbellum controls muscles and coordination. If and when this "defense" comes out, please consult me if you all wish! As a mom with a Chiari kid, I am appalled that Bozo and Tot Mom would use this disease/defect as a defense. It angers me to no end....But, then again, look who we are dealing with.....
Most cases of Chiari go undiscovered. Only one half of one percent of the population is diagnosed. We found my daughter's, but she had already started losing feeling in her arms and legs. Casey, in no way, looks impaired. Unless you wanna say she looks like a crazy woman!

So, with all of this being said...I call Bozo's bluff on  this one...there is no way  this "defense"will fly...

"God dont like ugly"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1051 on: May 16, 2011, 08:34:06 PM »

Hi Nikki - I remember when your daughter had the surgery.  Hope she is doing well now!  It's a stab at ANYTHING on the defenses part.  Anything that will put doubt in the jurors mind even if it's BS.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1052 on: May 16, 2011, 08:36:07 PM »

WTH???????????????????

I think they may be referring to the "old" charges that were revealed about some PJ's.

(DUI's and drug charges were mentioned in another sentence along with this headline)

JMO

Yep, that's what it is.  Very mis-leading teaser, as usual.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
ShariVari
Monkey Junky

the fairness of life!

« Reply #1053 on: May 16, 2011, 08:42:40 PM »

How did u find this out?
Thanks for the info also!

Klaas..I wanted to let you know and the rest of the cage, that it has been brought to my attention, that one of Casey's "defenses" will be the fact that she claims she has Chiari Malformation.
Chiari is a birth defect. It is a defect in the cerebellum of the brain..the cerebellum has tonsils on it..these tonsils herniate down into the spinal column cutting off thr flow of spinal fluid. I know this because MY DAUGHTER HAS IT.  She had brain surgery a year and a half ago.Chiari, in no way, alters your mental status. The cerbellum controls muscles and coordination. If and when this "defense" comes out, please consult me if you all wish! As a mom with a Chiari kid, I am appalled that Bozo and Tot Mom would use this disease/defect as a defense. It angers me to no end....But, then again, look who we are dealing with.....
Most cases of Chiari go undiscovered. Only one half of one percent of the population is diagnosed. We found my daughter's, but she had already started losing feeling in her arms and legs. Casey, in no way, looks impaired. Unless you wanna say she looks like a crazy woman!

So, with all of this being said...I call Bozo's bluff on  this one...there is no way  this "defense"will fly...

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1054 on: May 16, 2011, 08:43:12 PM »

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

Casey Anthony: Week One Rewind
May 15th, 2011 by Richard Hornsby. 10 comments
Week one of the Casey Anthony trial is behind us and, as could be expected, it was not without incident as several notable issues arose.

Jury Selection
After five full days of jury selection, the parties ended Saturday with 12  potential jurors. Some in the media believe this to be a sign that we may actually swear in a jury panel by Monday afternoon; my experience tells me otherwise. As this is the point where the strategy of jury selection really begins.

::snipping2::

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1055 on: May 16, 2011, 08:44:35 PM »

She is doing great now Klaas! Thanks!  sheis actually running for Miss South Carolina in June..and Chiari and Childrens Miracle Network are her platform. It angers me that Bozo is allowing this as adefense, and just shows how inept he is.Chiari is hereditary. I am sure casey will say that she has it, and therefore, Caylee had it and that is how she died. However, while some people can die from Chiari if the  spinal fluid pressure is not released, its highly unlikely. Also, if  Caylee would have been sick enough with Chiari to die from it, she more than likely would have had scoliosis, tethered spine, motor skill impairments, etc. While not all people show symptoms, some actually never do, alot of people suffer with the aforementioned symptoms...and when someone dies from it, they complain of debilitating headaches....and Caylee looked healthy to me!!

"God dont like ugly"
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1056 on: May 16, 2011, 08:47:33 PM »

WTH???????????????????

JMO

Yep...she is up to her usual nonsense.....she makes herself look so foolish!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1057 on: May 16, 2011, 08:47:53 PM »

Just my personal opinion but I would NOT be surprised if Bozo gets up in the opening statements and tells us they have nothing on his client and end it there.  He doesn't have to put on a defense.  I know it would be stupid to do that but I can hear KC and the Ant's telling him to do it. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1058 on: May 16, 2011, 08:49:04 PM »

WTH???????????????????

JMO

NANCY GRACE should be ashamed of herself. PT's arrested in the past for DUI and misdemeanor pot possesion. She is actually comparing this to first degree felony murder. WTF!  None of these folks most likely did not spend a day in jail.  Give me a break. Its nonsense like that that gives Baez credence when he mocks her show.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1059 on: May 16, 2011, 08:52:12 PM »

Nikki, may I ask where you got this info?  I remember when your baby girl was going to have surgery. How would this condition be a defense??  I know nothing about this ailment. I hope your daughter is well.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.