June 15, 2024, 02:09:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #671 8/1 - 8/2/2007  (Read 225759 times)
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #280 on: August 02, 2007, 12:57:55 AM »

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  Robots is back  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think it used to show on the preview in the larger size but it does not now.
Anyway it works and if Dugga makes it easier that will be even better.

I saw a Robotic Reptile  Shocked on Robotsrock website.  Skeerry  Shocked

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: August 02, 2007, 12:58:00 AM »

Robots - up near the top of the screen, next to the button that says HOME, there is a HELP button.  Lot's of info there.  I didn't see any better way to change the font size really but lot's of other stuff.  Worth reading when you get a chance.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: August 02, 2007, 01:07:21 AM »

You have to press CTRL + SHIFT and the + sign and it will also make the whole page will get huge.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: August 02, 2007, 01:08:40 AM »

You have to press CTRL + SHIFT and the + sign and it will also make the whole page will get huge.

Robots was talking about making the FONT larger in a post.  You know, like

LOAD ALERT
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: August 02, 2007, 01:11:08 AM »

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  Robots is back  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think it used to show on the preview in the larger size but it does not now.
Anyway it works and if Dugga makes it easier that will be even better.

I saw a Robotic Reptile  Shocked on Robotsrock website.  Skeerry  Shocked

Cool Laughing

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #285 on: August 02, 2007, 01:11:48 AM »

Robots - up near the top of the screen, next to the button that says HOME, there is a HELP button.  Lot's of info there.  I didn't see any better way to change the font size really but lot's of other stuff.  Worth reading when you get a chance.

ty

will check it out

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: August 02, 2007, 01:19:21 AM »

Igsigs,
If you are still here, did you see the post that maybe KLPD will wait until after they finish school in December to make a decision?  I think it vanished but think you may have seen it as well.  Makes me want to scream when I see anything about waiting six more months for nothing.

. Evil or Very Mad

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #287 on: August 02, 2007, 01:21:52 AM »

BBL - things to do   

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #288 on: August 02, 2007, 01:22:46 AM »

Okay, here's a question...how can we get the smileys organized so my faves are on the first page and not in the more section.  We have duplicates on the first page that need to be removed.  I don't like the more section, it's too busy for me.

I agree! I have thought the same thing too, Miss Mom! It also aggrivates me that some of the smileys on the top row are duplicated, when we could have them used more effectively with smilies like this one: 

Any special requests? Any objections to my reorganizing a little?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2007, 01:25:56 AM »

Okay, here's a question...how can we get the smileys organized so my faves are on the first page and not in the more section.  We have duplicates on the first page that need to be removed.  I don't like the more section, it's too busy for me.

I agree! I have thought the same thing too, Miss Mom! It also aggrivates me that some of the smileys on the top row are duplicated, when we could have them used more effectively with smilies like this one: 

We definately need to get rid of duplicates.  Need the ...wink, smile, laugh, frown, mad ones up top and maybe some others.  Yes, and the puking one should be up top.  Maybe one of the ones with weapons too.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2007, 01:27:54 AM »

DUGGA - while you are here.  Why when you want to change the size FONT in a post do you have to do it manually?
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: August 02, 2007, 01:30:23 AM »

That one is funny!!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #292 on: August 02, 2007, 01:32:47 AM »

Oldfart - that is a Dugga question.  Why would you want the old logo anyway?  The Icon ANNA is referring to is when you go to the main sm.com page and save a shortcut on your desktop you will get the monkey icon that Dugga placed there.  You will also see it in your browswer tab.  It's supposed to be here in the forum, on the main forum page as well but I'm still not getting it.  May need to reboot my PC before I see it here.

Cool
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2007, 01:35:15 AM »

DUGGA - while you are here.  Why when you want to change the size FONT in a post do you have to do it manually?
Yes ma'am. You highlight the text you want to change the size of, then click this button: which wraps the highlighted text in font size tags. You can then manually change the number inside the font size opening tag to adjust the size of your text. Be sure to preview your message before saving it though, as the sizes can be teeny tiny, or really huge until you get familiar with what the numbers for "normal" actually are.
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2007, 01:37:37 AM »

OF,
I didn't do anything to get the monkey icon.  It just appeared by itself.  I use Internet Explorer with whatever updates Windows has put out.  Nothing special but it was just there when I refreshed my desktop recently.

Not sure how that would happen (I'm dumb on this stuff too )
But That almost sounds like Scared Monkeys sent out a software update  for  software on the HD.. Shocked 

I wish I commanded that kind of power!

All I did was place an icon file in a place where internet explorer automatically looks for it. It's an optional feature we chose to exercise. Smile

On IE6, it only shows up if you bookmark something. But on Firefox or IE7, it comes up to the left of the URL in the address bar (once IE finds it, that is - which can take a few days until it decides on its own to check again).
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: August 02, 2007, 01:38:03 AM »

Yes ma'am. You highlight the text you want to change the size of, then click this button: which wraps the highlighted text in font size tags. You can then manually change the number inside the font size opening tag to adjust the size of your text. Be sure to preview your message before saving it though, as the sizes can be teeny tiny, or really huge until you get familiar with what the numbers for "normal" actually are.

OK so there is no other trick, just doing it manually like that.  Not a problem for me but with the other forum software you could choose the font size with the click of the mouse.  No biggie.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #296 on: August 02, 2007, 01:41:23 AM »

No Spin

Last public comment by the Prosecuter's office on case theory (AFAIK).

1/11/06 - "The release said that the team in charge of the investigation in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, has a strong suspicion that the young women in question lost her life as a consequence of a punishable offence committed against her."

http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/search?q=Petition
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: August 02, 2007, 01:44:41 AM »

No Spin

Last public comment by the Prosecuter's office on case theory (AFAIK).

1/11/06 - "The release said that the team in charge of the investigation in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, has a strong suspicion that the young women in question lost her life as a consequence of a punishable offence committed against her."

http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/search?q=Petition

Yep, yet they continue  to play games  Evil or Very Mad
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #298 on: August 02, 2007, 01:45:06 AM »

OK so there is no other trick, just doing it manually like that.  Not a problem for me but with the other forum software you could choose the font size with the click of the mouse.  No biggie.
Yeah, I hate to say anything good about the old board who's software I bashed so much, but I did enjoy the selectable sizes. Maybe there's a modification I can install to this editor. I'll sniff around and see what I can find.

By the way, you guys do realize that you can upload files directly here now, right? Like, if you want to post a picture but don't want to use a photobucket account? Not just for avatars, but for use in your messages as well. Click "additional options" and there's a place where you can attach files. Images, word documents, flash movies, zip files - whatever you want to share with other people. Only limits are that you can only do up to 4 per message, and no more than 1 meg of attachments per message. Not sure if you guys had seen that yet or not. I used it above with the tiny monkey PNG graphic.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: August 02, 2007, 01:47:25 AM »

Yeah, I hate to say anything good about the old board who's software I bashed so much, but I did enjoy the selectable sizes. Maybe there's a modification I can install to this editor. I'll sniff around and see what I can find.

By the way, you guys do realize that you can upload files directly here now, right? Like, if you want to post a picture but don't want to use a photobucket account? Not just for avatars, but for use in your messages as well. Click "additional options" and there's a place where you can attach files. Images, word documents, flash movies, zip files - whatever you want to share with other people. Only limits are that you can only do up to 4 per message, and no more than 1 meg of attachments per message. Not sure if you guys had seen that yet or not. I used it above with the tiny monkey PNG graphic.

NO - I didn't know that!!!!!!!  I'm going to have to play around with that feature.  How about excel files?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.